Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
I liked the pause before Audrey goes along with the Hank scam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
My money's on Klara just throwing the snake at him.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

My money's on Klara just throwing the snake at him.

Too soon. First someone needs to throw the bananas at someone (thinking it's the snake).
Several strips later, then Klara can throw the actual snake.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Actual #165, that was #164

Cuh-lassic ploy.

break-up breakdown
Mar 6, 2010

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Audrey rules, and Thorsby rules, and I hope some day he gets huge amounts of recognition for how good his comics are.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Oh, Audrey. :allears:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Rest in peace Mr Vice President

or should I say pieces :unsmigghh:

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

:mrgw:

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Have you ever discovered a body while looking for the tools to bury a dismember body.

Don't ya hate that?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
This poo poo is choice.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

"Huh."

I'm doing a production of The Importance of Being Earnest, did the first read-through tonight, and in a very weird way Oscar Wilde kept reminding me of Thorsby

where Wilde draws a elegant square with wit and brevity, Thorsby's spinning barely comprehensible hypercubes with wit and paradimensional monsters

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
They're both drawing on a lot of elements of a genre called Farce.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Farce is worth reading about in general. It's also the foundational genre of the modern TV sitcom, which is sort of a niche-evolved version of the stage farce.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

It's only two corpses, Audrey. That's one of the smallest amounts of corpses you can have.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh dear.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Time for an information dump for the characters' benefit. Fortunately, that information consists entirely of the words, 'Oh, gently caress!'

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

"One dismemberment later" is the best segue.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
Just waiting for the protagonists to remember the other three people who live in the house: Julius' niece and his kids.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

I don't know why they're so worried, at this point killing vice presidents is basically the Diabolican national sport.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Great job not looking suspicious, Audrey. And why do you even need anyone else to go with you?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

http://trixie.webcomic.ws/comics/172

Oh this is spectacularly bad timing, but convenient placement.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

That poor zookeeper is going to get the blame for everything.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh and the zoo animals! So cute!

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Okay quickly Audrey. Weekend at Bernies the severed head seems the only way out of this.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Holly Molly this is the best

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Drunk Theory posted:

Okay quickly Audrey. Weekend at Bernies the severed head seems the only way out of this.

Welp. New name for this adventure (good thing, too, since I already used the word 'farce' for Farces of Death). Goodbye The Telltale Farce, hello Weekend at Thorsby's.

Edit: Ironically, revealing the snake would provide an instant explanation. And it'd even be partly true!

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 04:18 on May 20, 2017

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Here we go.

Note that all this is taking place while the cops are still looking for them.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

I wonder how many paintings Thorsby has put in his comics to date.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
He should blow them up and sell them, like a less one-note Keith Harring.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

He's not making it out of that room alive, is he?

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Ziv Zulander posted:

He's not making it out of that room alive, is he?

The snake is going to bite him. In fact, I expect the very next page will have the snake getting tossed at him.

Drunk Theory fucked around with this message at 18:02 on May 26, 2017

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

These are almost conventional real-life Earth animals. I wonder if this isn't a little bit of worldbuilding.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Drunk Theory posted:

The snake is going to bite him. In fact, I expect the very next page will have the snake getting tossed at him.

This reminds me about a catchy new totally-real song about attacking someone with a snake.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Not exactly impressive calling this one, since the snake was kinda obvious. Also, it seems snakes in this world come in all kind of human senses.

Drunk Theory fucked around with this message at 05:48 on May 30, 2017

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

I wonder if those snakes are all part of the same organism and share sensory information with each other. Obviously probably not something were going to get an answer to, but I'm 99% positive Thorsby thought about it when he drew 'em.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

The Silver Snail posted:

I wonder if those snakes are all part of the same organism and share sensory information with each other. Obviously probably not something were going to get an answer to, but I'm 99% positive Thorsby thought about it when he drew 'em.

Theory 1: They're far greater than the some of their parts when you bring all five species together. so the ear-snake is in a separate pen. They'd keep them all separate but they don't have enough display pens.

Theory 2: There's no ear-snake because, strictly speaking, all snakes are deaf, just like in real life.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 11:10 on May 30, 2017

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

That's some good quality luggage Trixie owns. No seepage at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

There are a LOT of snake variants.

I was wondering how they'll get out of this, guess they'll feed the bodyparts to the slions.