Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

BadLlama posted:

What about tanks? I need my mana to use a lot of my templar tank abilities, I need HP to not die, and I need Stam to Block and Roll :(

Tanks are different! And because of that, I always suggest NOT levelling as tank unless you hate yourself. Go tank at cap if you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

BadLlama posted:

What about tanks? I need my mana to use a lot of my templar tank abilities, I need HP to not die, and I need Stam to Block and Roll :(

You won't level as a tank and you'll still want to run a dps spec anyway, so the same advice applies. You'll put all your ability points into stam or mag, never both and none in health. You will glyph your tank armor for health. This is true even in you mag tank. I have a lizard magplar that is all in magicka that runs green pact and plague doc armor sets. He runs 52k health and over 25k mag. If im gonna tank a dlc dungeon with him i'll switch to tri stat food and keep shards on my main bar just in case and he runs just fine. Some of that will deffo change after morrowind. I'd mention my sap tank but sap tanks are dead after Morrowind drops.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
Is the Stam sorc guide in the op still good?

Dual wield seems like a good choice so far but bows has thus far seemed like a waste of time and I'm in my 30s.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Can confirm that DW is still good. Haven't touched bows yet though. Takes a bit to kill stuff but the constant heal leech helps.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Bows are for throwing down Endless Rain, and Poison Injection, and then getting right back on DW bar for killing.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I played in the PC until veteran rank 2 or something. And I recently started playing against in the PS4, and the thing that I think have changed more is nukes.

I don't remember the nukes where so strong when I was playing. Maybe nothing have changed, but people have found the sweet spot to make great PvP builds, but I did a lot of PvP back then, and it was normal for encounters to last 3 or 4 seconds. But now, most of the time when I find somebody in cyrodiil, they end me in less than 200 ms. Is not a huge problem, because is just another to factor-in when attack and when sneak around slowly. But is strange.

In other words: the balance of this game is completely out of whack (IMHO). Encounters should not last less than 0.87 seconds. Ideally you would fight other dude 1:1 for 4 or 5 seconds before one of you dies.

If anything, I would allow people to build "unkillable" builds. It was fun when the first players found how to create permanent self-healing vampire areas, and do fights 1 vs zerg, killing the idiots that would engage from near enough to heal the vampire. That was fun and killing these players had some strategy.

Also when people say "don't put any point in health". It sounds theres something broken in the system.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Clearly you haven't played a permablock DK/Templar/Sapblade tank spec in PvP.

It's fun, but the novelty wears off after you tank an entire zerg for 2 minutes straight.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Is the Stam sorc guide in the op still good?

Dual wield seems like a good choice so far but bows has thus far seemed like a waste of time and I'm in my 30s.

Stamina sorcerers are still good and that guide works great. It's probably the first build in this game that has really clicked for me and it's really fun.

I feel nearly unkillable in most fights and really just need to watch out for big one-shot attacks.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Scyantific posted:

Clearly you haven't played a permablock DK/Templar/Sapblade tank spec in PvP.

It's fun, but the novelty wears off after you tank an entire zerg for 2 minutes straight.

You are right. (I have no idea any of that).

Also, that sounds interesting, and useful.

You can have a group of people, 2 or 3 guys, and one could have that build, and act has "bait".

I guest man versus zerg could be tiring, but baiting could lead to hilarious mindgames.

---

Forgot this:

- Soul Gems used to be pretty rare back them. I had 2 maybe 3 in my pockets. These days I have 200 stacked and it continue growing. Rezzing people with soulgems was much more expensive back then (you still would rez people, because you are playing and more people = more fun, but it was pretty limited). This is a really good change.

Tei fucked around with this message at 15:37 on May 3, 2017

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Me and two friends who played FFXI together years ago are looking for another game to get into. Is this the type of game that the three of us can play together and just run around looking for fun poo poo to kill? Does all the end game stuff require a set amount of people?

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Reverand maynard posted:

Me and two friends who played FFXI together years ago are looking for another game to get into. Is this the type of game that the three of us can play together and just run around looking for fun poo poo to kill? Does all the end game stuff require a set amount of people?

3 people can do a lot of stuff. Hell you can 3-man most normal dungeons and possibly the DLCs. Veteran dungeons you'd probably want to grab a 4th (groups are 4 people), and trials (i.e. raids) are 12-man and you wouldn't be able to do them.

Most other things you can do with the 3 of you, some world bosses would be difficult but it's easy to pick up pubs for those because the zones they are in will have people spamming for groups already.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Tei posted:

You are right. (I have no idea any of that).

Also, that sounds interesting, and useful.

You can have a group of people, 2 or 3 guys, and one could have that build, and act has "bait".

I guest man versus zerg could be tiring, but baiting could lead to hilarious mindgames.

---

Forgot this:

- Soul Gems used to be pretty rare back them. I had 2 maybe 3 in my pockets. These days I have 200 stacked and it continue growing. Rezzing people with soulgems was much more expensive back then (you still would rez people, because you are playing and more people = more fun, but it was pretty limited). This is a really good change.

It *sounds* useful, until you realize that only potatoes will fall for the bait. Try that against organized groups with voice comms and they'll learn halfway through the first encounter, then leave you for last and obliterate your glass cannons first.

The only reason my negate tank takes as much fire as it does (and why I've managed to turn it into an superb anti-group setup) is because I've made myself a target by trash-talking and tbagging fools, so the majority of the "organized groups" in AS make a beeline for me almost instantaneously just to get some tbagging in themselves.

Not that it's necessarily something to boast about, but lord small-hands (fengrush for non pvp folk) practically tries to gun me down almost every single time he sees me and suffers for it 80% of the time.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Are there any good stamina DPS builds for templar using a 2H? I know Mag dps is the way to go but it isn't quite as awesome as swing around a big rear end two-hander.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

BadLlama posted:

Are there any good stamina DPS builds for templar using a 2H? I know Mag dps is the way to go but it isn't quite as awesome as swing around a big rear end two-hander.

Not for PvE, I mean there are, but 2handers are lower DPS overall in PvE, suffers horribly from slow animations and difficult cancelling.

I would assume that bow/2hander would be the way to go if you really want to (I PvP as stam with 2hander/bow), you would drop some dots with bow and swap to 2hander and using wrecking blow over and over again.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Stamplars use Jabs instead of the actual weapon skills most of the time it seems. So, if any class is gonna use it, it'll be them. Just use the Reverse Slash for the execute aoe.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

3xAgility/Vicious Ophidian/Alkosh + 5xTwice Fanged Serpent + Sharpened Master/Maelstrom 2Handed Sword + Undaunted set of your choice (Velidreth/Selene/Kragh). Bow would be Sharpened Maelstrom Bow

Disclaimer: You asked for a viable build. Didn't say beginner friendly.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 22:03 on May 3, 2017

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Scyantific posted:

3xAgility/Vicious Ophidian/Alkosh + 5xTwice Fanged Serpent + Sharpened Master/Maelstrom 2Handed Sword + Undaunted set of your choice (Velidreth/Selene/Kragh). Bow would be Sharpened Maelstrom Bow

:raise:

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

Yeah, Scy's build is pretty balls out but really it depends what you want to do. If Trials read what he wrote again. If not, what are you looking to do?

E:

Aramek posted:

Stamplars use Jabs instead of the actual weapon skills most of the time it seems. So, if any class is gonna use it, it'll be them. Just use the Reverse Slash for the execute aoe.

This is also worth noting. Templars are cool and good because they actually have good class skills even as a stam toon. Well, all classes do, but stamplar has more than 2 or 3... kinda.

gently caress it, Jabs is good use it is what I'm trying to say haha.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
I use a two hander on the back bar with my Templar but it's mostly for Rally, the damage shield from Brawler and Critical Charge as a gap closer and that makes me pretty sturdy to the point where I can solo regular dungeons and world bosses.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Reverand maynard posted:

There are occasional single-player dungeons for story purposes but everything else can be done with friends and you'll probably do better that way

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

So I am looking at different armor sets and one has a piece that says "Adds 400 damage to your physical abilities" is a 'physical ability' different than a physical weapon ability? Are they just trying to say class skills morphed to stamina?

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

BadLlama posted:

So I am looking at different armor sets and one has a piece that says "Adds 400 damage to your physical abilities" is a 'physical ability' different than a physical weapon ability? Are they just trying to say class skills morphed to stamina?
Physical is a damage type, like fire or frost.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Physical is a damage type, like fire or frost.

So if one set adds 400 damage to physical abilities and one set adds 400 damage to two-handed weapon abilities the 400 damage to physical abilities one is probably better since it will apply to the 2H and to class skills that cause physical damage?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Correct. Just remember that it's not an actual bonus that will show up on your skill tooltips or character sheet.

angrypostman
Jan 25, 2011
Any chance I can get an invite for (NA) - (PC) @Agon13? I just grabbed the DLC pack and am completely hooked. Running a magblade right now and would love to do some group stuff.

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
My week off, woot. Can we farm bananas this weekend?

MF_James
May 8, 2008

sluggo is mad posted:

My week off, woot. Can we farm bananas this weekend?

Only tomatoes, get your dirty banana farming jollies elsewhere.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:
Is there an addon or any way to find quests in a zone? Trying to unlock the wrothgar costumes and have the main story, the world bosses, the dungeons, the delves and all the relics recovered but Im at like 25 of 40 quests complete and at this point its taking longer to find more than it is to do them

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
When does stealing stop being fun? Does it ever stop being fun?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Giga Gaia posted:

Never! Keep doing it!

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Hi posted:

Is there an addon or any way to find quests in a zone? Trying to unlock the wrothgar costumes and have the main story, the world bosses, the dungeons, the delves and all the relics recovered but Im at like 25 of 40 quests complete and at this point its taking longer to find more than it is to do them

Get the Destinations addon. There's an option to show all uncompleted quest start locations. I also highly recommend LoreBooks, Lost Treasure, No, Thank you!, and Skyshards. No, Thank you! lets one disable the auto camera movement on inventory movement etc. I can check my inventory while gathering etc.

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

Giga Gaia posted:

I loot castles. So many blueprints. They arent worth what they were, but I still make good money from purples. Take a daily trip thru' capitals and loot the rich. Its pretty satisfying. Having the get ot of jail free cards you get from thieves guild dailies is helpful.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Stamblade PvP Trip Report: Fun as hell

That is all

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Giga Gaia posted:

When your fence interactions run out for the day. Until then,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34WL_07WEIs

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

Hi posted:

There is also this one:

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1022-QuestMap.html

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Giga Gaia posted:

I dont play much these days, but when I do always end up stealstealmurdering my way through the peasants outside Mournhould (sorry peasantdudes!). So yeah, never.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Aramek posted:

Never! Keep doing it!

I keep ripping and robbin on folks and gotta log off cause of the giant rear end bounties. I left one of those towns you gotta rescue in a state of bandit hell for like 2 weeks where I'd just keep pickpocketing them. Rules!!!

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Cold Harbour is both kind of cool but also kind of lovely, I can't decide which.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

BadLlama posted:

Cold Harbour is both kind of cool but also kind of lovely, I can't decide which.

It plays more like a siria refugees camp than like a daedra plane. It lacks some funny places. Like a daedra pub or some sort of town for poor daedras. Theres a few nice quest hubs.

In my mind, the daedra planes where much better before, but Vivec did a thing, and he ruined everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

God vMA is such a loving slog. I'm pushing through so it's not like I'm even stuck, the entire thing is just irritating. The entire experience is basically kill poo poo>randomly die>figure out what the hell killed you>figure out how to deal with it>repeat X times depending on the level>advance to next level to start over again.

Normally I enjoy challenges with a "aha, that's the secret to beating it!" factor, but this one also throws in gear, luck, and almost requiring perfectly optimized set ups. And then drags the whole loving thing out over 9 rounds. I pushed through to arena 7 last night so the end is almost in sight. It's just so, so lovely and I want it to be over with. I feel like it could have been a good idea but was implemented horribly.