Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jared Kush
Mar 4, 2015

by zen death robot
Drizzy Drake Rogers aka The 6 God aka Champagne Papi aka The King Of Electronic Dancehall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Jared Kush posted:

Drizzy Drake Rogers aka The 6 God aka Champagne Papi aka The King Of Electronic Dancehall

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

fruit on the bottom posted:

me: mom i think i may be in trouble for spending $4000 in american money on a fake music festival for blink-182 and ja rule please dont sing dragula
mom: dead i am the one
me, sobbing: please please im down to my last kraft single and im surrounded by feral dogs and cannibalism
my dad via speakerphone: conquering the worm

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Sentient Data posted:

No money likely meant not even cards to most of them, and possibly even no id to some since it was a chartered flight

For as much as they were told not to bring money because of possible theft, wouldn't Traveler's Checks have been an option? Granted it's been over a decade since I last traveled out of the US, but I thought Traveler's Checks were still a thing for those rare moments credit card usage wasn't an option.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

how about: you're going to an island country and only one place there will scan your dumb little wristband. if you're that petrified of losing a couple hundred bucks, you should just stay home and use that money for xanax

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
It's hilarious that they could gently caress up this badly and then have the gall to offer people VIP passes for next years festival in lieu of refunds.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Jim Barris posted:

It's hilarious that they could gently caress up this badly and then have the gall to offer people VIP passes for next years festival in lieu of refunds.

not sure if it's 'in lieu of'? but either way, lol that they're even thinking of attempting Feral Dog Adventure p2.

i hope it happens and with the same results, but more dogs

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

also, petition to change the name from Fyre to Fyral.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
If these guys had any idea how to make money they'd be offering official "I survived Fyre Fest 2017" swag on their website.

Oh well then!

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Chlamyllionaire posted:

What they needed was some perfessional security

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nxwmmSMdfU

Juggalos are several magnitudes less evil than outlaw bikers, and I'm 100% for a merger between FyreFest and Gathering of Juggalos. As fun as they are to laugh at, juggalos are capable of self-policing, social contract, and not stabbing each other in the back. The thought of juggahoes and shirtless fat guys in greasepaint enforcing tribal law and order on a tent city full of whimpering popped collars just seems so right. Those who spent their Fyre festival weekend looting booze and complaining about the quality of the food should be allowed to experience the next stage of Libertopia: being conquered and subjugated by organized bandits in scary warpaint.

edit: the music would be way loving better too

Syd Midnight fucked around with this message at 11:06 on May 3, 2017

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

me: mom i think i may be in trouble for spending $4000 in american money on a fake music festival for blink-182 and ja rule please dont sing dragula
me, sobbing: please please im down to my last kraft single and im surrounded by feral dogs and cannibalism

lol

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS

M_Sinistrari posted:

For as much as they were told not to bring money because of possible theft, wouldn't Traveler's Checks have been an option? Granted it's been over a decade since I last traveled out of the US, but I thought Traveler's Checks were still a thing for those rare moments credit card usage wasn't an option.

Haha lol, the USA is literally the last place on earth where it's even vaguely convenient/outright possible to cash a cheque, so no

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

If these guys had any idea how to make money they'd be offering official "I survived Fyre Fest 2017" swag on their website.

Oh well then!

Frye Festival?

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
Does anyone have anything solid on "these idiots went without any form of ID or payment aside from the beepboop wristband?"

I'm asking because the chartered flight, which I am not even sure doesn't require ID because I just don't know, was from Miami. People had to get to Miami on their own.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Oh well then!

They really missed an opportunity.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

haha

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

I was browsing the full pitch deck yesterday and found this, the worst of ideas.

It's like mega super neocolonialism.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
It's funny how all the outrage about being locked up in the airport and huge delays in the plane taking off were due to people nipping off for smokes and not hearing their names called because they were drunk.

2017, never forget.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

M_Sinistrari posted:

People still use travelers checks? I've seen them like twice in my 12 years in hospitality lol

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

See?! Now this is how you get kids money in this day and age!

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

EARTH
FIRE
WIND
WATER
HEART

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

lorn Wayne posted:

EARTH
FIRE
WIND
WATER
HEART

utilize the each

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

lorn Wayne posted:

EARTH
FIRE
WIND
WATER
HEART

YRTH
FYRE
WYND
WATYR
H<3RT

false flag post-op
May 13, 2009

Enjoy Every Sandvich
If you thought Fyre was unique, wait until you get a load of Iyce*.

*actually if memory serves me correctly there is a music/bonfire party in the middle of the arctic somewhere already.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

lorn Wayne posted:

not sure if it's 'in lieu of'?

Someone posted a screenshot of the refund site and while you get passes for next year, you can also GIVE UP YOUR REFUND for MORE PASSES to A PLACE YOU CAN JUST GO TO ALONE AND DRINK

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

big cummers ONLY posted:

Someone posted a screenshot of the refund site and while you get passes for next year, you can also GIVE UP YOUR REFUND for MORE PASSES to A PLACE YOU CAN JUST GO TO ALONE AND DRINK

yeah looks like i was kinda wrong

why don't they just rename option 2 to NO THANKS I'M A loving DUMB LOSER WHO CARES ABOUT STUPID THINGS LIKE 'GETTING THINGS FOR MONEY'

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

turn off the TV posted:

Hello, if you're white and don't like people illegally residing in a country then please leave the United States.

That doesnt make any sense

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

I cannot emphasize how the most important part is about laughing at goddamn Ja loving Rule

If you take anything from my post, let it be that, and please stop telling people that their music is bad because your bad music is better. All music is just noises slapped together and we're all just picking which poo poo we like more, no one's choice is better than anyone else's you loving goddamn motherfucking goony motherfuckers

gently caress!

Christ on a cracker this boy is angry.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

WrenP-Complete posted:

I was browsing the full pitch deck yesterday and found this, the worst of ideas.

It's like a plague of locusts.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

WrenP-Complete posted:

I'm the each lack of proofreading

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
The pitch deck is a self-parody of glitzy, buzzword laden presentations where hype is more valuable than a sound business strategy. I wish I had enough coke to think this would fly:

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Spazzle posted:

Anyone with a slightly positive net worth is worth more than a good chunk of the planet combined.

Net worth doesn't equate to living standard.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

Does anyone have anything solid on "these idiots went without any form of ID or payment aside from the beepboop wristband?"

I'm asking because the chartered flight, which I am not even sure doesn't require ID because I just don't know, was from Miami. People had to get to Miami on their own.

Just a lot of social media posts on Friday saying that they had no money for that reason. The people without ID were saying they got robbed, not that they didn't bring any ID. If anyone said that, it was prob a goon just inventing it because for some reason they needed something else to laugh at in addition to all the real stuff

It was pointed out earlier in the thread that there are ATMs within a mile or two of the location, but there were a lot of people saying thry had no money and it was fyre's fault for telling them not to bring cash. I assume they brought debit cards, but most likely none of these dumb fucks let their banks know they were traveling though, so if they actually realized they could go to an atm, their card got shut down because of a sudden and mysterious withdrawal from the bahamas.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

false flag post-op posted:

If you thought Fyre was unique, wait until you get a load of Iyce*.

*actually if memory serves me correctly there is a music/bonfire party in the middle of the arctic somewhere already.

come on down to the Iyces festival in Syria, it'll be a blast!

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.
" After this debacle, i dont like the ocean or rap anymore, now, my passions in life are Internet programming, women, and baked goods. So next year we're calling the festival Hyrpys"

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Hi Fryeheads, we did some research in to clearing out the feral dogs for 2018, and it's going to be really expensive, and probably require some animal cruelty so we did what we do best, thought outside the box and brought you a solution that empowers you to control your own adventure! Here's a preview of the 2018 VIP wristband:

Heffer
May 1, 2003

April 28-28, 2017

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Hy yvyryyn, plys kym ty my yng pyrsyn fystyvyl! Thynks yn ydvyns!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

i put my love of water and breathing on my resume, and now i command a 7 figure salary.

i have no other qualifications or experience. your move, haters. :smug:

• Locked thread