Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!
Dinosaur Gum
Does Filip Forsberg have any concussion history? I'm asking for a friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
If we're going to follow the scorned player rises to glory with their new team storyline, then yes, PK Subban is due to join the ranks of Phil "Hot dog" Kessel as a Stanley Cup winner.

I'd be pretty ok with that, as long as someone puts a camera on Milbury's face as it happens.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Slappy Pappy posted:

Does Filip Forsberg have any concussion history? I'm asking for a friend.

Only the ones people get smashing their heads against a wall anytime people mention George McPhee or Marty Erat.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Benson Cunningham posted:

If we're going to follow the scorned player rises to glory with their new team storyline, then yes, PK Subban is due to join the ranks of Phil "Hot dog" Kessel as a Stanley Cup winner.

I'd be pretty ok with that, as long as someone puts a camera on Milbury's face as it happens.

Also make Bergevin watch the entire ceremony Clockwork Orange style.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

xzzy posted:

The wimpering if the Caps managed to beat the Pens and lost to the Preds would be pretty epic.

What wimpering? This is my ideal scenario.

yellowcar posted:

Also make Bergevin watch the entire ceremony Clockwork Orange style.

His conclusion to watching that would be "I need me a Brooks Orpik and the Caps traded away Forsberg yet they still made the Cup finals so I must trade Galchenyuk"

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
It's funny how the narrative is about Tanner Glass being the difference maker, when he was only minimally effective as a 12th forward - it wasn't even a grindy hitting game like in Montreal. The real turnaround for the Rangers was how they reworked their transition to take advantage of Sens forwards playing up in the neutral zone (1-3-1) to make a lot of east-west passes right after entering the zone. That generally isn't viable against a good team with two defenders back, but they managed to find a lot of moments when they had 2-3 men in the zone with only one defender between them, and another catching up on the backcheck.

The improved transition game also helped AV utilize Skjei and Smith much more. Girardi also looked a lot better playing much more conservatively and retrieving the puck and moving it to McDonagh. I think he effectively got the whole team away from playing like Staal and Holden, though he found them some shifts later in the game as to not wear out the top four too much.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Nashville's D is loving RIDICULOUS.

I love it.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

xzzy posted:

The wimpering if the Caps managed to beat the Pens and lost to the Preds would be pretty epic.
Honestly even if the Pens lose this series now because of Ovi and Niskanen there's no way in hell they win a cup. So once again they would continue to fail in the postseason and everyone can laugh at Ovi and the rest of the Caps.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Zodijackylite posted:

The improved transition game also helped AV utilize Skjei and Smith much more. Girardi also looked a lot better playing much more conservatively and retrieving the puck and moving it to McDonagh. I think he effectively got the whole team away from playing like Staal and Holden, though he found them some shifts later in the game as to not wear out the top four too much.

interestingly when girardi's minutes rallied to end up at 20 in the third period that was when ottawa evened up the shots from what had at one point been a 20-8 rangers advantage

i mean generally it was a good win and the increased ice time for skjei-smith was good and i think if their personnel are deployed similarly to that with some consistency they should have a very good chance to come back and win the series but i still desperately crave for vigneault's toys to be taken away because even with the marked and necessary improvements he still played tanner goddamn glass over pavel buchnevich

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
My favorite part about NHL playoffs 2017 is that for once no one is talking about the New York rangers.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Infidel Castro posted:

The image of Forsberg holding the Cup over his head would probably be the last image many Caps fans would see before pulling the trigger.

Getting out of Round 2 would be a victory. And losing to Forsberg and PK would be beyond the pale.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I'm OK with losing to Nashville. I don't get the Blues hate though no one ever bandwagons for us :(

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
It's because St. Louis is racist.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Wonderllama posted:

My favorite part about NHL playoffs 2017 is that for once no one is talking about the New York rangers.

Literally the post right above yours

or am i getting wooshed

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Jamwad Hilder posted:

It's because St. Louis is racist.

fair enough

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
blues got dis, nashville gonna fold hard.

also lets have a contest of which city is more racist between noted union stronghold st louis and a city that still has at least one monument honoring nathan bedford forrest

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Ah of course, nobody who has ever been part of a labor union has been racist. Forgot about that completely true thing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

"Because (city) is racist" is the best reasoning in sports because it applies to all of them. You can hate anyone you want, very versatile.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
yeah, pretty much every city has racist fans but Boston and St Louis are probably the worst I'd guess.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Jamwad Hilder posted:

yeah, pretty much every city has racist fans but Boston and St Louis are probably the worst I'd guess.

Don't underestimate Pittsburgh.

Went to a game in Carolina this year and saw a road Pens fan with a Crosby jersey and a Trump hat. I wish I'd taken a pic.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Everyone from this other place is racist.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
I was endeared to the Blues last year when that guy on Twitter discovered hockey but I'm all in on the Nashville Subbans this year

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

flakeloaf posted:

Everyone from this other place is racist.

ya pretty much

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You kind of have to respect a city liking the Princess Bride so much they put up a statue of the 6 fingered man though.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

A depiction of the 6 fingered man as a 13 year old too!

Or maybe it's just the world's biggest horse. Hard to tell from those shots.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Ginette Reno posted:

Don't underestimate Pittsburgh.

Went to a game in Carolina this year and saw a road Pens fan with a Crosby jersey and a Trump hat. I wish I'd taken a pic.

drat! You should have taken a pic.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

:laffo:

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Alt-text: "Blue-eyed Tim Curry rides a gigantic yellow horse, defending racist insignia with a six-shooter, in which he holds a revolver"

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

From what I've seen of Nashville, it looks like a honky-tonk, country music version of Columbus, only the latter doesn't have any shrines celebrating the South.

e- I'm trying to validate this by looking through the photo gallery of things to do on VisitMusicCity.com and the photo slideshow is like that South Park parody alcohol ad: "Country! Music! Live music! Country music! Music that is country! A bar! Did you know there's country music here? Obscure hot chicken! Honky-tonk! Opryland! Midwest! Twang!" No mention of the psychopath riding the horse with his firearm, though.

:tviv:

iospace posted:

Nashville's D is loving RIDICULOUS.

I love it.

They got rid of two of their top three defensemen from last year, with Josi the one still standing, picked up Subban, and still wound up with an insane blue line.

If there's ever been addition by subtraction. :stare:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 15:08 on May 3, 2017

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

oh man i didn't watch this before hahah

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
I'm not even upset about last night. We knew it was gonna be a tough game, and we weren't gonna take this series in four. The Rangers played some incredible hockey that we just weren't ready for. Also, that first period was the worst we've played in the playoffs.

So we learn from it, regroup, and come back strong on Thursday. We're not done yet!

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
It's gonna be pretty rad when the Seattle [TEAM NAME HERE]'s are pound for pound the least racist team in all the land in like 15 years from now.

Well I mean except for all that native American indigenous peoples cultural appropriation and renaming of everything.

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

That's a mockument more than anything.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

The only racists in DC are the anti-russian hockey journalists when they come to town and the people who run our country.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I would never have guessed the best statue ever made was in Nashville

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

This is not a monument honoring anyone.

Except maybe the horse's incredible tolerance.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

CBJSprague24 posted:

No mention of the psychopath riding the horse with his firearm, though.

Yeah it's a bit of a sore spot http://nashvillepublicradio.org/post/owner-i-65-nathan-bedford-forrest-statue-defiant-over-calls-block-view#stream/0

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

quote:

Dorris says he’s not racist, though he also calls slavery a form of “social security” for African Americans.

Well um, okay then.

So. Sens-Rags in game four. Yeah the Sens came out pretty flat and if they hadn't been wearing numbers I wouldn't have recognized half of them from the way they were playing, but has AV figured out how to spin BoudreauBoucher's haystack of boring hockey into gold?

Did we just get out-coached by Alain Vigneault? What does BruceGuy do differently, and for god's sake don't say "Sit Claesson dress Borowiecki" because I'm pretty sure I'm still drunk from watching whatever that was last night as it is.

:stare:

flakeloaf fucked around with this message at 17:43 on May 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

communist kangaroo
Oct 2, 2006

those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, i have koalas.
Rename the thread to be a link to the Buffalo wild wings gif

• Locked thread