Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Right there at the bottom. I underlined it to draw your attention to it but most of that post is from the in game codex.

No but where does the game say it? (only voice acting matters, also it has to be accompanied by flashing lights and an air raid siren noise or it doesn't count)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Right there at the bottom. I underlined it to draw your attention to it but most of that post is from the in game codex.

Honestly, what part of "tell me where is explicitly states everyone is dead" is that hard for you to understand. You can extrapolate anything you want from the codex, but is there any source within the game that specifically states "those milky way people are all dead"?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I hope everybody in the Milky Way is dead, and then the Reapers find out about Andromeda and kill them all too. Then there will finally, mercifully be no more Mass Effect forever.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
theyre dead Jim

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Carebearz posted:

Honestly, what part of "tell me where is explicitly states everyone is dead" is that hard for you to understand. You can extrapolate anything you want from the codex, but is there any source within the game that specifically states "those milky way people are all dead"?

OK so one codex entry where I explicitly underline something that says all the people from the Milky Way are dead in Andromeda isn't enough? Fine. I'll find another. Again, most of this is a direct copy/paste of a codex entry from the wiki.

Ark Hyperion

Ark Hyperion serves as the main vessel for carrying human settlers bound for Andromeda. Named after a Greek mythological figure associated with knowledge of celestial bodies, the Hyperion represents a breakthrough in intergalactic travel. Substantial money and resources were devoted to its construction, all privately funded by Jien Garson and the Andromeda Initiative.

Built to withstand the rigors of a nearly 25 million light- year voyage, the Hyperion is outfitted with ODSY drive core technology, which allows the ship to make a six hundred year voyage safely at FTL speeds. It features enough stasis pods to accommodate approximately 20000 settlers and crew.

Ark Hyperion left the Milky Way in 2185 as part of the initial wave of departures and just before everyone in the Milky Way galaxy died, under the command of Captain Nozomi Dunn.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Moola posted:

theyre dead Jim

Shifts in chair slightly, lets rip giant window shaking fart.

To continue the adventures of your favorite hero buy our DLC!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Also if you don't buy our DLC then your hero(ine) is dead, your love interest is dead and all your blue children or whatever crotch spawn you imagined are dead too.

PS everyone is dead.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

In the DLC I need Elcor and Hanar companions, and where are all the GODDAMN VOLUS BIOTIC GODS.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Carebearz posted:

In the DLC I need Elcor and Hanar companions, and where are all the GODDAMN VOLUS BIOTIC GODS.

Just keep buying DLCs, they're bound to be in one of them eventually.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Serf posted:

Whatever segment of the team was writing emails should be put in charge of writing the actual game next time.

Def. not an emptyquote, no way.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Carebearz posted:

Where in-game does it say that everyone in the Milky Way is dead? Don't worry I'll wait.

Didn't you play ME3? Refusal was the only logical or moral choice.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

OK so one codex entry where I explicitly underline something that says all the people from the Milky Way are dead in Andromeda isn't enough? Fine. I'll find another. Again, most of this is a direct copy/paste of a codex entry from the wiki.

Ark Hyperion

Ark Hyperion serves as the main vessel for carrying human settlers bound for Andromeda. Named after a Greek mythological figure associated with knowledge of celestial bodies, the Hyperion represents a breakthrough in intergalactic travel. Substantial money and resources were devoted to its construction, all privately funded by Jien Garson and the Andromeda Initiative.

Built to withstand the rigors of a nearly 25 million light- year voyage, the Hyperion is outfitted with ODSY drive core technology, which allows the ship to make a six hundred year voyage safely at FTL speeds. It features enough stasis pods to accommodate approximately 20000 settlers and crew.

Ark Hyperion left the Milky Way in 2185 as part of the initial wave of departures and just before everyone in the Milky Way galaxy died, under the command of Captain Nozomi Dunn.

You're a lovely troll.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

twistedmentat posted:

You're a lovely troll.

I laughed.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

twistedmentat posted:

You're a lovely troll.

Exactly, nowhere in his "facts" does it outright tell you that everyone in Milky Way is dead, I just didn't feel like dealing with his stupidity anymore.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

exquisite tea posted:

I hope everybody in the Milky Way is dead, and then the Reapers find out about Andromeda and kill them all too. Then there will finally, mercifully be no more Mass Effect forever.

:megadeath:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I do find it funny how people were all "loving stupid ME3 ending!" and now they're all "loving Andromeda ignoring the ME3 ending!". But then gamers being giant babies isn't anything new.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

twistedmentat posted:

You're a lovely troll.

Uh, ok? Except what you posted is almost word for word what I posted.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

twistedmentat posted:

I do find it funny how people were all "loving stupid ME3 ending!" and now they're all "loving Andromeda ignoring the ME3 ending!". But then gamers being giant babies isn't anything new.

well I stand corrected in my earlier statement about people mentioning ME3 events in Andremeda, considering the initiative ships left between ME2 and ME3 i guess.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

except when you added in incorrect part where they all died before the initiative ships left and added an actual screenshot.

Almost word for word in the sense that the part that was wrong wasn't added in so....

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
*imitates "airplane whooshing over my head" hand gesture*

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Too late buddy, everyone's seen through your charade now.

Shame on you, doctoring historical articles like that. Wikipedia might stand for that poo poo, but not dead gay comedy forum somethingawful.com.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
(AUTISM INTENSIFIES)

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Can we just report him and move on?

It's been stated multiple times that the initiative left before the events of ME3 and no Andromedian knows what the gently caress happened in the milky way.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Thor-Stryker posted:

It's been stated multiple times that the initiative left before the events of ME3 and no Andromedian knows what the gently caress happened in the milky way.

i think we should just shun him.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Zero VGS posted:

*imitates "airplane whooshing over my head" hand gesture*

*imitates "spaceship whooshing over my head" hand gesture*
*imitates "spaceship exploding" gesture and noises, because they are dead along with everyone else*

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

god drat entitled gamers ruin everything

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Thor-Stryker posted:

Right, but we, the players of NE3, know that everyone is dead back home.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
All organics are dead.

But the Organic Synthoid Race empire is strong and unified lead by Joker and EDI's kind and generous daughter.

They also have super fast travel and were able to get to Andromeda 400 years before the initiative to create an alien race for them to meet, and create a device to perfectly terraform planets quickly.

The Kett ruined their surprise party though :smith:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Carebearz posted:

i think we should just shun him.

Geez, take it easy. I didn't kill them. But they are dead.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

wanting a good video game to play and enjoy, just more selfish gamer entitlement at work

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Dexo posted:

All organics are dead.

But the Organic Synthoid Race empire is strong and unified lead by Joker and EDI's kind and generous daughter.

They also have super fast travel and were able to get to Andromeda 400 years before the initiative to create an alien race for them to meet, and create a device to perfectly terraform planets quickly.

:tinfoil:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

That man..... that man LIED ABOUT ALL THE PEOPLE IN THE MILKY WAY BEING A PART IN THE CODEX! He said it was THERE and it WASNT THERE! THAT..... that MAN!!!' HE DID IT

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Dexo posted:

All organics are dead.

They are the Kett.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I should not have over estimated goons to not make a really stupid pedantic joke and thought it was just run of the mill low effort trolling.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Right, but we, the players of NE3, know that everyone is dead back home.

that purely depends on which ending you picked and/or whichever one bioware decided is canon.

In my ME3 universe, I think I chose the control or destroy ending

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

wanting a good video game to play and enjoy, just more selfish gamer entitlement at work

please respect my ~artistic vision~ of creating a bland un-enjoyable game thank you sir

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
It seems as if this is actually a bad thread about a bad game

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Iron Crowned posted:

It seems as if this is actually a bad thread about a bad game

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Mass Effect is a ruined IP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Mass Effect is a ruined IP

I wish but they've still got at least one poorly selling sequel and an F2P mobile game with lootboxes to go.