Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

TheQuietWilds posted:

rHaku/rHaku/rLoki/Flex is the base of the cookie-cutter "optimal" team.

My brother is running that with Eschamali in his flex spot for now. I think he's missing most of the good flex options but I sent him your whole post so hopefully that will help. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Kuros posted:

The only catch I noticed is if you get unlucky skyfalls, your Dios can go over 20mil damage and you just have to quit and restart.

Fujin or a sub with skill boosts and Fujin would be ideal on P1.

zeus dragon is a damage void while fujin only nulls damage absorbs

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Zoness posted:

zeus dragon is a damage void while fujin only nulls damage absorbs

I constantly forget that. :smith:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
What's the best way to grind up all the plus eggs I need for all these Hakus I'm working on for Dathena?

I don't really want to feed away older 297s.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Elephant Ambush posted:

What's the best way to grind up all the plus eggs I need for all these Hakus I'm working on for Dathena?

I don't really want to feed away older 297s.

Wait a week or two. Reddit is speculating the +15 PAL machine is coming.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Wait a week or two. Reddit is speculating the +15 PAL machine is coming.

Will do. Thanks.

Staticpulse
Nov 1, 2010

Herein I have explained the operation of the sun.
PSA for everyone: I happen to have Odin Dragon with Trailokya inherit for all your C11 cheese needs. Drop me a friend request at 352,912,407 if you want to use him (or if you want a Odin Dragon friend too I guess). Name in-game is now Staticplse.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I am bad at this game someone explain to me what the gently caress just happened here

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Sockser posted:

I am bad at this game someone explain to me what the gently caress just happened here

Someone used some skills to set up a board that's really easy to turn into a ten-combo. With the +2 combo buff and the damage buff from the inherited Durga, every team member did about 80 million primary attribute damage. Not so high as to trigger the damage shield, but high enough to one-shot.

I think.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Sockser posted:

Gronia (G/D board)
Soldierman (JP exclusive Kinnikuman REM 6*, D to G and +2 combos for one turn)
Markab (left column to R)
Yasutora Sado (top and bottom rows to red)
Durga (god and devil damage enhance)
Hanzo (R to D)

Guaranteed 10-combo (12 combo with Soldierman) G/D bicolor board by a very roundabout method. As a result every team member does over 80m damage but stays under Satan's 100m damage void. The total damage dealt is 630.8m when Satan has 600m HP.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Anyone know when the next update is gonna be? It's sometime this week, right?

I ask 'cause I still got a couple of techs to do teamchallenges for.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Hi Satan

Bye Satan

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So, is it the point of the 3p monster hunter dungeon to spend 4 times the stamina to clear a harder dungeon and get less (but better) drops?

Finding 2 partners in half a second is nice tho.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 06:05 on May 3, 2017

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zo posted:

for those who were interested in the ranking dungeon/puzzcombo drama on JP, it's over!

gungho increased the crown score range from 1% to 3%, and is refunding ALL the stamina that people used for the ranking dungeon - basically total stamina used divided by your max stamina, rounded up. for some people this is gonna be well over 100 stones refunded, so it's pretty huge.

ranking dungeon saved!

To continue with this tale, I got a whole *3* stones back (and made it into the top 12%), of course, some people got more...

Much, much more than they expected because the good folks at GungHo apparently don't know how to do basic arithmetic.

So a few lucky players got a few thousand unexpected stones and... what's this? a really expensive REM just appeared? Monster Hunter you say? Let's roll a billion times before GungHo notices! And notice they did so the game went into an emergency maintenance. The free stones were taken away and the monsters rolled with them were also removed. As an apology they apparently increased the box space of the affected people and let them keep a few of the monsters they rolled.

So yeah, puzzcombo better prepare its rear end.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

trucutru posted:

So a few lucky players got a few thousand unexpected stones and... what's this? a really expensive REM just appeared? Monster Hunter you say? Let's roll a billion times before GungHo notices! And notice they did so the game went into an emergency maintenance. The free stones were taken away and the monsters rolled with them were also removed. As an apology they apparently increased the box space of the affected people and let them keep a few of the monsters they rolled.
Godspeed those brave soldiers rolling away 10000 stones. It's just what I would have done had this happened on our shores :911:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I haven't played this game at all in a long time but just looked at some tier lists and my Red MP Flower leader isn't even there anymore

It looks like all the top tier stuff has eventually become the crazy do 10 combos every turn type cards

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I haven't played this game at all in a long time but just looked at some tier lists and my Red MP Flower leader isn't even there anymore

It looks like all the top tier stuff has eventually become the crazy do 10 combos every turn type cards

The tier lists are overrated. There are a bunch of leads that can clear 99.9% of the game's content.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

isn't the 10 combo thing just anubis?

tho there is that 7 combo awakening

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Out of the top 10 leaders in JP, only one of them is activated on combos. In NA I think it's 0/10. The "meta" is mostly rainbows, tri-bicolors and cross leads.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Nah, the game is the easiest is has ever been. There are leaders that do 300x damage for doing... 2 light combos (seriously! it's total bullshit), dudes with 100,000 hp teams, guys that can make everybody on a team do billions in damage, etc. There are dozens of leaders that can clear everything but the content that is designed specifically to be extremely challenging, that basically rewards you with the challenge itself, plus some random doodah you can usually get in some other way. Wanna do 10 combos? got you covered: there are leaders that make the board huge so that anybody (but the random retards I somehow always manage to team with) can do 10 combos. Wanna do 12 combos? got you covered: there are +combo skills.

The tier list are just the best of the best of the best nerd BS, the cards capable of clearing dungeons with a mere glance. By the way, the Red MP Flower is still a decent leader but she's booooooring to play so people have moved into other stuff.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 09:12 on May 3, 2017

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

trucutru posted:

Nah, the game is the easiest is has ever been. There are leaders that do 300x damage for doing... 2 light combos (seriously! it's total bullshit), dudes with 100,000 hp teams, guys that can make everybody on a team do billions in damage, etc. There are dozens of leaders that can clear everything but the content that is designed specifically to be extremely challenging, that basically rewards you with the challenge itself, plus some random doodah you can usually get in some other way. Wanna do 10 combos? got you covered: there are leaders that make the board huge so that anybody (but the random retards I somehow always manage to team with) can do 10 combos. Wanna do 12 combos? got you covered: there are +combo skills.

The tier list are just the best of the best of the best nerd BS, the cards capable of clearing dungeons with a mere glance. By the way, the Red MP Flower is still a decent leader but she's booooooring to play so people have moved into other stuff.

Forget the fact that if you have played for the past month you are 2/3rds towards purchasing the 2nd or 3rd best leader in the game.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Dathy just got me my first a1 clear this morning, MP well spent.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I like Dark Athena. She makes up for my lack of skill.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
I really wish I'd gotten back into PaD just a little earlier, I missed all the free MP from the previous event, but I can't complain, the game is waaay more fun now, and a lot quicker, too

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010
I recently started playing again after having replaced my old, dead phone and re-rolled until I got something good (pulled Isis the second try), though I never got very far in the past and I'm still not sure what would be a good team to shoot for.

My godfest pulls have been okay, but I recently pulled an Ilm and I'm curious what a good team setup would be. I'm guessing 3 Leilans and something green to go with it, even if I used the free event monster points to quickly ultimate evo it to the mono light form? I don't have much to work with at the moment and have been making due with the light Isis evo and red Haku.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
I'm in a 3/5th complete (no assists yet) DAth/rHaku/rHaku/rLoki/rPersephone team and it's already cake town. The only problem I see is with no-dupe dungeons and places where I can't do more than 200k dmg because I don't think I can do less than that unless I don't do a prong. Sopdet (I think?) will be rough :v:

You served me well Yominoodle but... yeah sorry.

No one plays Kaede on my FL anymore, what's a good green team nowadays? Astaroth or rMeimei. Or maybe time to go blue or fire again (sumire, rLeilan, etc...)

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I like Dark Athena. She makes up for my lack of skill.

:same:

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 15:55 on May 3, 2017

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Televisio Frankus posted:

I recently started playing again after having replaced my old, dead phone and re-rolled until I got something good (pulled Isis the second try), though I never got very far in the past and I'm still not sure what would be a good team to shoot for.

My godfest pulls have been okay, but I recently pulled an Ilm and I'm curious what a good team setup would be. I'm guessing 3 Leilans and something green to go with it, even if I used the free event monster points to quickly ultimate evo it to the mono light form? I don't have much to work with at the moment and have been making due with the light Isis evo and red Haku.

Light/Fire is the better evo due to the leader skill (unless you have dupe ilms)
Ignore green and just run Ilm/Leilanx3/ flex and go to town

pankus
Jul 30, 2003

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

I'm in a 3/5th complete (no assists yet) DAth/rHaku/rHaku/rLoki/rPersephone team and it's already cake town. The only problem I see is with no-dupe dungeons and places where I can't do more than 200k dmg because I don't think I can do less than that unless I don't do a prong. Sopdet (I think?) will be rough :v:

You served me well Yominoodle but... yeah sorry.

No one plays Kaede on my FL anymore, what's a good green team nowadays? Astaroth or rMeimei. Or maybe time to go blue or fire again (sumire, rLeilan, etc...)

:same:

Sopdet is super easy. You can do a three orb dark match and 1-3 combo and be fine.

This vid covers a bunch of the A3 spawns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xan3JzNygEA

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010

dragon enthusiast posted:

Light/Fire is the better evo due to the leader skill (unless you have dupe ilms)
Ignore green and just run Ilm/Leilanx3/ flex and go to town

I just looked at the easier to trigger leader skill and the awoken skills when I evolved, but I think I'll keep it until I can pull a second Ilm. So I guess I'll just stockpile stones until the next godfest with Leilan and try to get a few, then maybe use Apocalypse as a fifth until I get something else that would fit.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

pankus posted:

Sopdet is super easy. You can do a three orb dark match and 1-3 combo and be fine.

Oh, thanks a bunch for that!

Are any of you playing L.Meta 2.0 on JPN? Is it actually good or are current leaders available in NA still much better?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

I just looked at the easier to trigger leader skill and the awoken skills when I evolved, but I think I'll keep it until I can pull a second Ilm. So I guess I'll just stockpile stones until the next godfest with Leilan and try to get a few, then maybe use Apocalypse as a fifth until I get something else that would fit.

You don't need anything resembling an ideal team to tear through poo poo with Ilm, here's my poverty rear end build that has C10 clears under its belt

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

I carried my friend's new account make Awoken Persephone so he can ride the DAthena train. We can MP his Persephone team with my Neptune team. He's got a Haku so we're going to get her Revo next. Right now he's using Haku, Hamal, Zweihander, and Shadow Dragon Knight. Haku is staying, Hamal seems like she'll be fine for a while. Zweihander seems better than I remember, did weapons get a buff? Shadow Dragon Knight probably needs to go. Is there anything farmable we should put on this team?

He's also got Scheat Regalia, Shinji. I was thinking that might make a decent inherit. Not sure on what yet though.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

pankus posted:

Not to mention that Dathena teams have plenty of delays on hand, so ideally if you gently caress up it isn't the end of the world.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Ilm also pairs very nicely with Revo Minerva for some tankiness in exchange for damage. It's pretty good for a lot of dungeons including Arena and there's a lot of R/L support when you're building red (Tsubaki etc.)

pankus
Jul 30, 2003
I cleared C11 with Anubis(satsuki)/Lucifer(Muse)/A. Pandora/Castor/DMeta(A. Kush)/Anubis(sheena).

Popped an active, did damage. Popped an active, did damage. Popped an active, did damage. Was pretty close to 50%, sheena/kush/muse did the rest.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I feel starved for hearts while running DAthena. What's the prime heart maker, other than inherits? Yomidra?

Vlaada Chvatil
Sep 23, 2014

Bunny bunny moose moose
College Slice
What are DAthena havers using to deal with Predras? Do you just delay them? I'm so lazy after using Red Riding Hood (Ra) for the last six months of on Krishna team, that it just seems like so much work to mass effect them to death.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

dwarf74 posted:

I feel starved for hearts while running DAthena. What's the prime heart maker, other than inherits? Yomidra?

Beach Pandora, Ryune Inherits, Typhon inherits

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Vlaada Chvatil posted:

What are DAthena havers using to deal with Predras? Do you just delay them? I'm so lazy after using Red Riding Hood (Ra) for the last six months of on Krishna team, that it just seems like so much work to mass effect them to death.
Lumiel inherit, I believe.

Or Batmobile Batman maybe, if you have him. (He's on my Loki for lack of a gem girl)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
You can use literally any other laser or def break too, Lumiel is just nice cause it makes a board.