Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1500quidporsche posted:

What's the mph for pole typically?

Last year it was 230.76.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

I like watching Alonso drive, forgot what that was like this year.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

1500quidporsche posted:

What's the mph for pole typically?

Last year was a tick over 230 mph.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

iospace posted:

Like this?

https://twitter.com/CalePutnam/status/849779352527044608

Also, 219, wooooooooooosh.

(for the rest of the posters, that's the speedway package for next year)

Yeah exactly that

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Anyone surprised that he's casually doing spot on times doesn't remember how metronomic he was in his championship seasons. Guy's a machine with a working car.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Some of the indy guys are discovering how good he is. It's cute.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Tsaedje posted:

Anyone surprised that he's casually doing spot on times doesn't remember how metronomic he was in his championship seasons. Guy's a machine with a working car.

I was gonna say, he's one of the best at being consistent, even in traffic.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I can't wait to see what he does in traffic.

Nando already wants areo taken off haha

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Tsaedje posted:

He's literally the best driver. Dude just wants to race and race fast.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Tsaedje posted:

It's not surprising but it still pretty loving awesome to watch.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Alonso watched an entire 500 on board on the flight over :coal:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

It's not surprising but it still pretty loving awesome to watch.

We've had the longest dry spell tbh

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

If Hack Clown was smart he'd send a few employees from the F1 team over to watch the race. Gordon Murray got the idea for pit stops from Indy iirc.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'd listen to Mario talk all day

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

If Hack Clown was smart he'd send a few employees from the F1 team over to watch the race. Gordon Murray got the idea for pit stops from Indy iirc.

He is.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah he mentioned sending over some personnel, but I am unsure of what they will be doing.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

So nice to see Nando happy. :3:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I've had to piss for a good half an hour now and they give us a raw Nando debrief so I'm still at my desk.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

1500quidporsche posted:

I've had to piss for a good half an hour now and they give us a raw Nando debrief so I'm still at my desk.

:same:

It's lunchtime and I don't want to miss his "trimmed" laps.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

McLaren Honda Andretti

Sounds like the world's worst law firm.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Anyway I'm playing the best Indy 500 game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFqmzVhsgcU&t

Mouse steering was the best steering.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Kilmers Elbow posted:

McLaren Honda Andretti

Sounds like the world's worst law firm.
Check out the table area with the banner on it, the middle part of the writing is hosed up so it reads as "McLarendretti" no way that's not deliberate.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

That simple front wing really excites me

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Kilmers Elbow posted:

Anyway I'm playing the best Indy 500 game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFqmzVhsgcU&t

Mouse steering was the best steering.

I was never able to win with the Cosworth.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Human Grand Prix posted:

I was never able to win with the Cosworth.

I was never able to win at all. My Amiga 500 pumped out a stonking 12fps once you'd turned all the graphics to minimum.

Also the 'feature' of allowing the player to adjust the wings etc while driving was a recipe for disaster.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
So did Alonso just blow everyone away during the test as predicted and now everyone involved in IndyCar is have an existential crisis of their mediocrity?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wirth1000 posted:

So did Alonso just blow everyone away during the test as predicted and now everyone involved in IndyCar is have an existential crisis of their mediocrity?

Yes.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Nice.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

He finished his rookie program before noon. It was expected it would take longer. He hasn't run in traffic though - it will be a different story then.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

GramCracker posted:

He's literally the best driver. Dude just wants to race and race fast.

I will be so happy if he does get the triple crown.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

I don't know why they'd be blown away or having an existential crisis when they are the people who most expected him to do exactly this.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

I'd like a raw Nando debrief, if you know what I mean fellas :smuggo:

Wirth1000 posted:

All Indy Drivers at the completion of Alonso's "rookie" orientation: "Oh, poo poo. A real driver is here."

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Nando about to throw down... the wicker is off and they're going for some real speed.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Wirth1000 posted:

Yes he joined the illustrious group of racers such as Milka Duno, Dr. Jack Miller, and Hiro Matsushita, who had also easily completed their rookie orientation programs. Truly blown away.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

wicka posted:

I don't know why they'd be blown away or having an existential crisis when they are the people who most expected him to do exactly this.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

gret posted:

Yes he joined the illustrious group of racers such as Milka Duno, Dr. Jack Miller, and Hiro Matsushita, who had also easily completed their rookie orientation programs. Truly blown away.

Don't forget Dennis Vitolo!

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Human Grand Prix posted:

He finished his rookie program before noon. It was expected it would take longer. He hasn't run in traffic though - it will be a different story then.

No it won't.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

learnincurve posted:

What I'm learning today is why does the F1 not have rookie driving tests like Indy?

The only F1 test for rookies is 'how big a cheque can your daddy write?'

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I'm so happy my fellow Worst Threaders get to enjoy the treasure that is Robin Miller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Alonso's right foot thing reminds me of Are Dick Grabber's "tight skin" metaphor.

• Locked thread