Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
If I remember right the options were Eldritch Australia, which won, Lost World Australia, and Lord of the Rings Australia. None of them were bad choices. Shame about Stellaris.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Captain Oblivious posted:

Excuse me eldritch Australia

Which LP is this now

Gold Rules The World, a hanseatic league LP. Australia contains precursor ruins from an advanced spacefaring civilisation, that turns the early explorers a little loopy.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

Results of the Vote

Part 1 – China

All across the world, the Middle Ages were a time of great instability and change. They bore witness to the rise of warmongers and conquerors, to the unfettered cruelty of tyrants and despots, to the clash of armies and religions. Even with all this, however, few have suffered more the realms of Cathay.

The Great Song had once ruled all of China Proper, their empire stretching from the banks of the Yellow River in the north to the Great Harbour of Hainan in the south. This was the Golden Age of Han China, where technological breakthroughs became a daily occurrence, where meritocracy was valued over nepotism and corruption, where half of East Asia was tribute to the Celestial Emperor.

All golden ages come to an end, however, and it is no different for the Song. Political rivalries in the capital began escalating as different factions vied for the favour of the emperor, and as tensions exploded into civil war, the Jurchens of Manchuria were perfectly-placed to take advantage of the chaos.

A decade and several disastrous wars later, and the Song were in full retreat, with the Jurchens establishing a new dynasty in North China. The self-proclaimed Jin didn’t have much time to celebrate their victories, however, because the famous Genghis Khan launched an invasion of his own not long later. The Jin fell within a year, surrendering to the Mongols as rebellion broke out all across their territory.

The cycle of destruction didn’t end there, unfortunately, because Genghis Khan himself fell ill not long after, and his empire died with him. As the Khanate crumbled between a thousand feuding warlords, one of Genghis’ sons seized control of North China, establishing the Yuan dynasty. He would later launch an invasion of the Southern Song, only to be repelled after the war devolved into a bloody stalemate.

By 1444, despite it’s stubborn persistence, the Song are in steep decline. They still rule over large swathes of land, but they’re slowly being pushed further and further south, and the government is full of clueless ministers and power-hungry opportunists.

In the north, the Mongols didn’t far much better. At it’s apex, they had ruled over all of the Eastern Steppe and North China as the Yuan dynasty, but the outbreak of a mass revolt now known as the Red Turban Rebellion changed all of that.

Beginning as a militant religious movement, members of an organisation known as the White Lotus Society were the first to truly oppose the rule of the Mongols, harassing and assassinating Yuan officials wherever they could. After a violent crackdown on the Society, this minor revolt rapidly escalated into a major uprising, with thousands upon thousands of peasants flocking to join the Red Turban Army.

The next few years would be bloody, characterised by violent clashes and mass killings on both sides. Eventually, a string of victories by the influential general Zhu Yuanzhang finally broke the Mongol Army, leaving them with control of nothing but the Steppe and a sliver of North China.

For a very brief period, the Red Turbans had all of North China under their firm rule, but this ended with the assassination of Zhu Yuanzhang. The culprits were never caught, but many suspected that it had been high-ranking members of the White Lotus who ordered the killing, jealous of the influence and fearing the ambition that Zhu possessed. This in turn led to a civil war breaking out within the ranks of the Society, but the true power lay with those who controlled the Red Turban Army, and that was the generals.

Eager to take advantage of the disunity, a few powerful figures raised their own armies and declared themselves Emperors, opposing both the Red Turbans and the Yuan.

All of these assassinations, battles, rebellions and civil wars were overshadowed by something much bigger, however. In the barren wasteland of the far north, along the banks of the icy Lake Bajkal, a new figure was quickly gaining prominence…

Surrounding himself with close friends and loyal countrymen, a young Buryati tribesman by the name of Uskhal launched a rebellion against the repressive Yuan whilst they were tied down in the south. It was initially treated as nothing but a minor uprising, but Uskhal innovated and implemented groundbreaking new battle tactics, quickly proving himself to be a genius strategist and unmatched tactician.

After a period of just six years, Uskhal somehow managed to defeat and incorporate all of his surrounding clans, annihilate dozens of numerically-superior Mongol armies on the battlefield, assault and capture dozens of fortress all across the Yuan Khanate, and push the frontiers of his empire from Lake Bajkal to Karakorum. All before the age of 25.

But he wasn’t done yet. The young conqueror promised no rest and no respite, vowing to utterly destroy the Yuan, to push into China proper with his horde at his back, and to unite all peoples of the earth under a single banner.

Bajkal Horde will get a decision to found a new dynasty, if they manage to defeat the Yuan and the Red Turbans. They also start with an extra mil tech.
The Song will start in deep decline, but with the possibility of halting it through reformation.
The Red Turbans start under the control of the Red Turban Army, and will have missions to aggressively expand.

---

Part 2 – Japan

Whilst China was burning in the west, the Land of the Rising Sun was about to enter a period of unprecedented prosperity and rapid expansion.

That doesn’t mean it didn’t have its fair share of civil war, however, the past few centuries had been just as ruinous for Japan as they had been in the west. The chaos was sparked by a proclamation issued by the Emperor Go-Daigo, whereby he declared his intention to restore the Imperial House to power, publicly defying the Kamakura Shogun by naming his own heir.

From that moment on, Japan was cleft in two, divided between those who supported the Emperor and those who favoured the Shogun. Go-Daigo himself would die shortly after his proclamation in a freak accident, but the son took up his father’s fight, attracting many samurai to his side by promising them land and riches.

The Kenmu Restoration would take decades to reach its conclusion, years in which the Emperor slowly managed to gain the upper hand, inflicting several defeats onto Shogunate forces. Even after capturing and executing the Kamakura Shogun, countless other powerful samurai defected and rebelled, attempting to create their own Shogunate.

Each of these rebels and pretenders was gradually cornered and defeated, however, and by 1444, Japan is once more united under the Imperial House.

Japan is still caught between two eras, however, and tensions between the daimyos threaten to plunge the realm into an era of renewed civil war. Hoping to avoid internal conflict and unite his subjects, the Emperor begins to look to foreign shores, where chaos reigns on the mainland and countless opportunities are abound.

Japan will have missions to conquer the entire Korean peninsula, and possibly push into China and Manchuria.

---

Part 3 - Indonesia

The realms of Indonesia are famed throughout East Asia and the Near East, mostly due to the immeasurable wealth of its island chains, but also because of its constantly-shifting cultural and religious landscape.

For the vast majority of the Middle Ages, the East Indies were divided between several large maritime empires, each of which were ruled by either a Hindu or Sunni elite class. The rise of Hindu states in India, however, led to a large influx of Jainist and Buddhist refugees pouring into Indonesia, fleeing persecution and oppression on their homes subcontinent. Many of these refugees were well-educated, however, and they quickly became invaluable to the governance of the local kingdoms.

With time, the vast majority of the elite gradually converted to these religions, closely followed by the locals. By 1444, with the exception of one or two Sunni city-states, the East Indies have by and large come to be dominated by Jainist and Buddhist thalassocracies.

Indonesian states start with an extra admin tech.

---

Part 4 - West Africa

As far as Andalusi scholars are concerned, West Africa spent the Middle Ages embroiled in holy war, with thousands of Muslim and Pagan faithful clashing in large battles and sacking monumental cities.

That much is true, but West Africa is far larger than the Andalusi believe, much bigger than just Ghana and Songhai.

The Malian Empire, the Sultanate of Jolof, the Kingdom of Kanem Bornu and the Benin Confederation have strived to avoid conflict altogether, with the destructive Ghana-Songhai Wars serving as a warning. Instead, these neighbouring states spent the Middle Ages united in alliance and peace, focusing on internal development and technological innovation.

And without a doubt, it has paid off. The revolutionary breakthrough came in the early 1300s, when Mansa Aboubakri of Mali launched a sea voyage to the west, a venture that many considered to be downright suicidal. He would lose his way and slowly starve to death, the viziers warned. He would be struck down by Allah for his pride, the imams prophesied. He would stray too far and fall off the edge of the world, the peasants whispered.

To the surprise of all, however, Aboubakri returned to his shores almost a year later, alive and well. And not just that, but he began spouting tales of a vast continent in the Far West, waiting to be explored and exploited.

Still, many doubted, discarding these claims as nothing but the rantings of a madman. Mansa Aboubakri wasted no time in outfitting another expedition, however, to better chart the sea routes to this new continent. The next few decades were spent building sturdier ships and advancing naval technology, and by the mid-1400s, a small settlement was founded on this new continent.

With the exception of Ghana and Songhai, West African states will be in a mega-alliance. They'll start off with knowledge of the route to South America, an extra dip tech, and they'll have a much higher chance of picking exploration ideas. A small Malian settlement also starts off in the New World.

---

Part 5 - America

Polynesian expansion is a feat unmatched in world history, one stretched out over thousands of years, one spanning countless generations, one ranging across thousands of miles of open ocean. Using their unique knowledge of the stars, wave formations and prevailing wind patterns, Polynesians would come to dominate chains stretching from Madagascar to Easter Island by the 1400s, and many of these settlements would continue to trade with one another for years after their founding.

It doesn’t end there, however. At the eastern edges of Polynesian expansion, as the Hawaiian Islands grew increasingly dense and crowded, it’s people continued their time-honoured tradition of launching expeditions to the west, with large bands of trained sailors and navigators sailing along oceanic countercurrents in double-hulled canoes. Eventually, after weeks at sea and morale gradually sapping away, one of these canoes hit land. A few scouting missions quickly made it clear that this landmass was far larger than their own, and the Hawaiians quickly hastened to return to their islands.

As tradition dictated, the next few years consisted of migrations towards this new land, and a new settlement gradually began to take root. Whilst thousands made their way across open ocean, however, the Polynesians also began launching exploration missions inland and along the coast.

Inevitably, the settlers ran into natives, and tensions between the two peoples quickly became inflamed. Conflict erupted shortly thereafter, and after a few clashes the Polynesians came out on top, firmly establishing themselves in several villages along the coast. The next few years were spent establishing a powerful base from which to expand, and by 1444, their knowledge of surrounding territories has grown substantially.

With this, rumours of a great civilisation to the south are spreading, fueling countless possibilities and opportunities...

Waonoh, the Polynesian settlement, will have early events allowing them to colonise neighbouring land. They also start with the ability to raid coasts for slaves, and if they get a good ruler, they'll be able to carry out invasions into Nahua territory.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
This is gonna be some good stuff. Looking forward to it!

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Pretty hype for the changes around the world. Gotta wonder how the Polynesians are gonna deal when the Haida start getting up in their settlements though

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

I like that the Africans and Polynesians start with American colonies, should make the colonial race that much more interesting.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
West African colonies is going to be pretty sweet.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

West African colonies is going to be pretty sweet.
Yeah, outside MP games I don't think I've ever seen them

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
So... are the Americans still easy targets? Will they have a chance of successfully resisting conquest? Or are they all doomed to be colonized by either the Polynesians or West Africans?

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

Hashim posted:

Part 5 - America

gently caress yeah. I took a Biological Anthropology class and the teacher did a lot of work in Polynesia, and it was fascinating. Fascinating enough for me to take his Pacific Island Cultures class, which was also super fascinating. I'm glad to see this happen, I can't wait to see how it plays out.

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012

Hashim posted:

Part 1 – China

Part 2 – Japan

The Red Turbans, the Bajkal Horde and a strong Japan. Things are looking to become really interesting in the Far East! Here's hoping for a Japanese Mandate of Heaven!

Hashim posted:

Part 4 - West Africa

Part 5 - America

Things are looking up in the Far West as well, not to mention in Africa. Here's to seeing a Mandé South America, and a Polynesian Mexico!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Luhood posted:

Things are looking up in the Far West as well, not to mention in Africa. Here's to seeing a Mandé South America, and a Polynesian Mexico!

Things never end up well for native Americans I guess :(

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Hopefully the Andean natives will get some buffs and potentially be a big threat in the Americas. I think that'd be pretty cool.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Slaan posted:

Things never end up well for native Americans I guess :(

Read ByzLP, it has the Haida and Ayiti as Great Powers throughout the entire LP.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

sheep-dodger posted:

Read ByzLP, it has the Haida and Ayiti as Great Powers throughout the entire LP.

Do this in any case for it being a great LP.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Also the Aztecs were a major power in Gold Rules the World.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

I'm pretty sure the Aztecs were a world power in Thanqol's LP as well. New World natives have been pretty powerful in a lot of the more recent LPs.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

When do we get to vote on Dread Penguins from the Antarctic?

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012

sebzilla posted:

When do we get to vote on Dread Penguins from the Antarctic?

Turns out the Penguins of AndalusLP are actually ostritch-sized Raptor Birds who feast on the flesh of Seals.

theblastizard
Nov 5, 2009
Coming soon to an LP near you: The Inuit invasion of Europe

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

theblastizard posted:

Coming soon to an LP near you: The Inuit invasion of Europe

I did make an pretty barebones Inuit culture for CKII years ago. I doubt it still works today. Here's the only screenshot I took.

It's from the first version. I know I ended up making the Viking armor a Skræling melting pot of Norse and Inuit later on.

drat, I should go back to modding.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

I did make an pretty barebones Inuit culture for CKII years ago. I doubt it still works today. Here's the only screenshot I took.

It's from the first version. I know I ended up making the Viking armor a Skræling melting pot of Norse and Inuit later on.

drat, I should go back to modding.

I remember that it was pretty cool, I think you had a couple other pictures from earlier in development. I remember you misspelled 'Arctic.'

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

catlord posted:

I remember that it was pretty cool, I think you had a couple other pictures from earlier in development. I remember you misspelled 'Arctic.'

:smithicide:

I really wish you could spellcheck code.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Chapter 1 – World of 1444

Empires have risen and fallen on the whim of the wind, plague and invasions have decided the fates of entire kingdoms, alliances have been wrought and wars waged in the name of God and profit…

From Iberia to Cathay, the Middle Ages have proven to be rocky and unstable, a deadly game where the strongest prosper and the rest are left to die, leaving the world of 1444 vastly different from what it was 400 years prior.

Starting with Iberia, the Jizrunids have managed to reunify Al Andalus and drag it out of the Old Taifa period, but civil wars have prevented them from expanding much more that that. It still falls short of the Umayyad Caliphate of old, but with the wise and enlightened Majlis leading the sultanate, what’s the worse that could happen?

Christian Europe has seen the balance of power shifted as well. The fiercely-rivaled Kingdoms of England and France dominate the landscape, but both have dangerous rivals in the Celtic Empire and Bavaria, whose king is also Holy Roman Emperor. Meanwhile, to the south the Kingdom of Italy is also on the rise, and is determined to bring the entire Italian peninsula under its rule.

Next, the Balkans are divided into more than a dozen feuding states, successors to the once-great Byzantine Empire after it’s destruction at the hands of the Latin Empire. The race as to who can now unify Greece and reclaim Constantinople is on, and the immediate future of the region is sure to be bloody.

Meanwhile, to the north, the eternal struggle between the Russians and the Mongols continue. The Russians are divided into Orthodox and Bogomilist camps, however, creating bitter rivalries and weakening them before the Mongol onslaught.

In the Near East, the legacy of the Crusades lives on in Egypt, the last of the Crusader states. The Jizrunid Sultanate of Filastin threatens its dominance, however, with Sultan Khudayr vowing to eliminate any Christian presence in the Middle East.

To the immediate north, a similar struggle has erupted between the Byzantine successor state of Nicaea and the self-proclaimed caliphate of Armenia. The victor of their inevitable wars will decide whether Anatolia is to be Muslim or Christian, Sunni or Iconoclast.

Finally, the rich subcontinent of India is carved between several Hindu kingdoms, the most powerful of which is Delhi, though Rajputana is not far behind. In Afghanistan, meanwhile, the Sunni holy state of Ghazi is preparing an invasion of Punjab, bent on spreading Islam by the sword.

Back in Al Andalus, however, there are matters demanding immediate attention. Firstly, the Sultan is currently the twelve-year-old Utman II, a fool that can’t tell one end of a sword from the other. To make matters worse, he is also a known craven, greatly damaging the morale of his subjects.

Because Utman doesn’t have the capacity to rule, the Sultanate is currently under the firm control of the Majlis, who’ve spent the past four years ensuring that Al Andalus remains at peace.

On the diplomatic front, the kingdoms of Aragon, France and England have all publicly declared Al Andalus as their rivals. France have also named themselves the protectors of Aragon, and the duo seem poised to begin a renewed crusade for Iberia.

Economically, the Sultanate is operating on a net monthly income of 3.7 dinars, the majority of which comes from taxation, though domestic trade and local gold mines certainly help.

The Ulama, the religious and scholarly body in Al Andalus, hold considerable sway in the Majlis. Thus, it is unsurprising that there are few calls for more tolerance for heathens or heretics, though this can certainly change in the future.

As for the paths currently open to the Sultanate, the choices are numerous and varied, with some calling for war with the Christians, others for improved relations with nearby Muslim states, and others still demanding a focus on peace and trade.

And finally, being the most important tools of any kingdom, the army is in solid shape. The standing army currently numbers 21000, 16000 of which are infantry, whilst the rest are cavalry. It has seen little action in recent years, however, so its discipline and army tradition is nothing to crow about.

The navy, on the other hand, has seen significant expansion over the past four years. Where Al Andalus only had a few transport vessels before, its navy now boasts an impressive five capital ships, eight barques and 14 transports.

The Middle Ages have undoubtedly proven to be a chaotic period, rife with tyrannical kings and despots, beset with destructive crusades and jihad, plagued with ruinous civil wars and rebellion.

Al Andalus has emerged from it as a great power in its own right, however, and the world around it is fast changing. The feudal ties linking king and vassal are quickly giving way more centralised forms of government, the rediscovery of classical philosophy is sparking a cultural movement across Europe, entire worlds are waiting to be explored and conquered by those willing to take the risks…

A new age is certainly dawning, an age of exploration and discovery, an age of reformation and advancement, an age of global war and revolution.

The world of 1444, with most altered countries labeled (open it a new tab to actually see it):

Culture map:

Religious map:

hashashash fucked around with this message at 16:37 on May 5, 2017

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

First Meeting of the Majlis

The Majlis is an aberration, many modern critics might claim, a mistake that grew far beyond its set boundaries. There are very few contemporary institutions that resemble it, and those that do cannot lay claim to the long, embittered history that the Majlis had throughout the Middle Ages.

Born out of the ruins of the Old Taifa system, another institution unique to Muslim Iberia, the Majlis was formed in response to the constant rebellions plaguing Medieval Andalusia. The famous Sultan Hakam the Reformer had sought to completely abolish the Taifas, which he saw as archaic remnants of a darker time, but obviously the nobility of Al Andalus were not exactly willing to part with their autonomy, with their authority, and certainly not their power.

So the only solution was compromise. In return for the abolishment of the feudal Taifas and the creation of a more centralised system, Sultan Hakam agreed to found the Majlis al-Shura, a place where the nobles had a voice in ruling the sultanate. Sultan Hakam intended it to be nothing more than an advisory council, of sorts, but the Majlis quickly grew to become something much bigger in the years following his death.

Now, in the year 848 After Hijra, Al Andalus has been through countless civil wars, all of which sought to curtail the Sultan’s authority and expand the powers of the Majlis. Recent years have also seen the succession of several weak-willed sultans, allowing the estates to gradually assert their authority and autonomy. The end result is an especially influential Majlis, but one that is badly splintered into several bitterly divided, constantly-feuding factions…

Factions

The New Taifas

The oldest and most powerful of the factions, the Taifas consists of the landed nobility of Al Andalus, including the many emirs and sheikhs descended from old, historic families.

The Taifas advocate for:
- Expansion of the standing army, rather than the navy.
- Rapid territorial expansion, especially on the Iberian Peninsula.
- Constructing Army and Defense buildings.

Effects: Bonus to army morale, larger army force limit, significantly smaller naval force limit, greater AE impact.

Vizier: n/a

The Ulama

The religious elite have always had considerable influence in Al Andalus, the scholars and imams have the hearts and ears of the peasantry, and they are not afraid to use it to their advantage. After being incorporated into the Majlis, they began voicing dissent at any perceived ‘weakness’ on the religious front.

The Ulama advocate for:
-Religious conversion of non-Muslim provinces.
-A focus on increasing development within Al Andalus.
-Avoiding war with same-religion countries, and aiding them against Christian powers.
-Constructing Taxation and Production buildings.

Effects: Higher missionary strength, cheaper buildings, more tolerance of the true faith, less tolerance of heathens.

The League of Merchants

A very late addition to the Majlis, the League of Merchants is made up of the richest of the richest, the merchants and traders who’ve somehow clawed their way to the upper rungs of society, who’ve expanded their networks all through the Mediterranean, who’ve built entire trade empires around their families. They came to power during one of the many civil wars, loaning massive amounts of money to the Crown, money that it could have no hope of repaying. Facing bankruptcy and economic ruin, the Sultan decided to permit a few of these rich merchants to join the Majlis, in return for absolving him of all his debts.

The Merchants advocate for:
- A focus on trade and maximising income above all else.
- Avoiding costly wars.
- Constructing larger navies, both trade fleets and war navies.
- Exploration and overseas expansion.
- Constructing Trade and Navy buildings.

Effects: Bonus to naval force limit, boost to trade power, significantly smaller army force limit.

The Majlis meets late in 1444 to decide the course that the Sultanate is to take over the next few years. The Sultan, being a child and a fool, is not present to ceremoniously open the session, so the incumbent Grand Vizier bids that all those present declare their allegiance for their chosen factions.

---

Hi! Like I’ve said before, the EU4 part of the LP is going to be a lot more interactive than CK2 was, for a host of reasons. I’ll go into other things, like policies and laws and stuff, in more detail later, for now just pick a faction and vote for it!

Here are the icon links:

code:

New Taifas: [img]https://lpix.org/2786920/Taifas.png[/img]

Ulama: [img]https://lpix.org/2786921/Ulama.png[/img]

League of Merchants: [img]https://lpix.org/2786922/Merchants.png[/img]

hashashash fucked around with this message at 16:56 on May 5, 2017

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

New Taifas

The only way to make sure we're left in peace is to make sure there's no one left on the Iberian peninsula to threaten us. Peace through power!

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

New Taifas

Let us drive the Christians back into the North Sea where they belong!

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

The League of Merchants

Let's get the inevitable bourgeois revolution rolling.

MuteAllison
Nov 16, 2013
I'm excited to see where this is going with our wonderful to-be sultan.

Going to vote for the New Taifas. We have a lot of enemies who are out to get a piece of our proverbial pie, so we need to make sure we can at least defend ourselves before we focus on expansion. The allies, if they're true Muslims, will come to our defense naturally.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Voting for The League of Merchants.

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug

It's time for the Deconquista with the New Taifas on the Peninsula.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

The New Taifas will guide Al Andalus to glory, and drive the Christians back into the sea.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever

Ulama

Let faith be our guide in this turbulent era.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

It is only the New Taifas that can hope to lead Al Andalus to the glory she deserves! What can the priests do but inspire our armies? What can the merchants do, but take advantage of our victories? They, and all of Al Andalus, are nothing without us, lost to the rabid tide of the Franks!

punched my v-card at camp
Sep 4, 2008

Broken and smokin' where the infrared deer plunge in the digital snake

Without the sword, how could we ever protect our faith or prosperity? There will be times to worry over spiritual or financial manners, but first we must drive the Christians across the Pyrenees. We need the strong leadership of the New Taifas.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

The League of Merchants will lead the way into the new era along a road paved with purestrain gold.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Voting forThe League of Merchants. Buy gold!

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

New Taifas for now.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
New Taifas:

The Christian Kingdoms of Iberia are an existential threat to Al-Andalus. They'll simply have to go before anything else can be done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theblastizard
Nov 5, 2009

New Taifas The time for peaceful development and trade will come, now is the time to ensure that we remove the crusader's hooks from Iberia.

theblastizard fucked around with this message at 18:44 on May 5, 2017