Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Chat Thread
This poll is closed.
anime chat thread 13 8.02%
anime chat thread 2.22 - A SODOM BORN OF THE HUNDRED YEARS WAR 11 6.79%
SHIN ANIME CHAT THREAD 3: THE LAST DAY OF THE EARTH 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD 4: NEW AGE OF HEROES 1 0.62%
ANIME CHAT THREAD V: BEEF TENDENCY END 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD VI: animemonogatari 16 9.88%
anime chat thread vii: 600 pages in like a week 3 1.85%
anime chat thread viii: a bowl of visible aids 7 4.32%
Anime Chat Thread IX: the desert of battle 1 0.62%
anime chat thread x: gifs of takane shijou eating 14 8.64%
anime chat thread xi: the beast that cried 'gas' at the heart of the world 16 9.88%
anime chat thread xii: the one where fire emblem comes out 8 4.94%
anime chat thread the 13th: no art dumps 5 3.09%
anime chat thread 14: this one probably won't get to 2000+ pages 3 1.85%
Chat Thead 15: Post your favorite robot and/or touhou itt 22 13.58%
Anime Chat Thread The Sixteenth: Frequently Anime Questions 3 1.85%
Anime Chat Thread Dimension XV-II: No More Eroes 2: Dawn of the New World 8 4.94%
Anime Chat Thread Part 18: (M)AIDS 17 10.49%
Total: 162 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Erg posted:

im not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

why is konata in hinako note

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Erg posted:

im not

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
the manga with the all-female adventuring party, Arasa Quest, goes to the cave of virginity to find some mushrooms

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Erg posted:

im not

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Futaba Anzu posted:

why is konata in hinako note

Nasty boy, do you only understand anime girls by how they look like other anime girls

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

El Burbo posted:

Nasty boy, do you only understand anime girls by how they look like other anime girls

which end of the coronet would kuina start from

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I like that a lot of people in rolling girls have little animals on them

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

modernized:

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
her abyssal form is cool and also too sexy (:nws:!) for embed view.

anyone who is an expert on russian hats feel free to weigh in on this one

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Erg posted:

im not

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Space Flower posted:

thank you akira for making up for the lame potato abyssal

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

also thank you akira for winter wear isolated princess

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

Space Flower posted:

extremely goodo

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Seaport, Midway, and Wo are still the best.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I watched!!!! Genius party

I'm glad I had seen kids in the slope prior because otherwise I'd have been like "what the gently caress shinchiro where's all the kung fu explosions" although it does have one pompadour

E: I liked doorbell the most tho

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 22:28 on May 3, 2017

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

https://my.mixtape.moe/ajbkcy.webm

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

:nyoron:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/itdoesnteggs/status/859905412245721088

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

hmmmmm

heeeyy

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Just finished the cat episode of Seto no Hanayome. That's it, I'm dead. Killed by Yakuza Mermaids running from kittens.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

golden week isn't over yet...

homeless snail posted:

Happy golden wednesday, the first battle of the wheelwars quarterfinals begins in 1 hour @10PM Eastern, Marmalade Boy vs Brigadoon. I didn't finish my sick quaterfinals CM in time but imagine the OP of blue seed set to the Space Jam theme
https://wheel.snail.moe/
https://cytu.be/r/wheelofanime

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

homeless snail posted:

golden week isn't over yet...

You never showed Ring ni Kakero....

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I get it, it's going to be the secret final boss that the winner will have to face. Very clever, snail

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

please don't spoil wheel of anime season 3: king of the wheel

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Finally finished Shirobako, probably my number 1 anime of all time now; cinched by Aoi running like an actual normal person for the ending stretch.

Great show, I want more like it. :(

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what an ending

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

marmalade boy did it, i'm so proud... https://cytu.be/r/wheelofanime

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i'm finally home which means Animecation spring 2017 is over. my total watchathon:

ACCA (full series) - Grade: B

two things make ACCA really fascinating to me. one is the Kino's Journey-style travelogue aspect to the show where every region of the country is completely different, the other is that.. the way that ACCA treats an ongoing political conspiracy feels so on point with how we in america are experiencing the ongoing russia probe, where it's like.. something new and significant leaks out, and we talk about it, and then we go get something to eat and like, live our lives. ACCA is a political conspiracy show, but it's one where collaborators or rivals will talk conspiracy news while chompin on some bread or gettin drunk. it has an energy completely unique to it

Para-syte (full series) - Grade: A

this grade got boosted by the fact that i watched it with a friend but wow was this engrossing. and the comedy really works in this, where it's sparingly applied but perfectly timed every single time. i never read the manga but i'm surprised the anime has as positive of an ending as it has, considering, well, most of the story.

Project Blue Earth SOS (full series) - Grade: B

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXB1veiUZyU

jonny quest in a 1950s vision of the future anime alien apocalypse. two boy geniuses (and a sidekick dog) get an amazing amount of leeway from powerful adult men to use their gadgets to fight off aliens. there's rayguns, there's technobabble, there's cars with weapons, it's everything you'd expect. of course, it's so genuine an homage that there's nothing all that intelligent to it. it's just a really fun series

Flip Flappers (full series) - Grade: B

i kind of liked it kind of loved it but kind of winced at it at times. the varied episodes are wonderful. the thirsty animators, i dont really care for. the ending was pretty lame and had some twists that seemed kind of weird and terrible

Blood-C (full series) - Grade: B-

it's not amazing tv but it fully grabbed me because, well, i knew going in that the premise of the show was a fake out, which made it all the more interesting to compare the banal slice of life segments with the action horror segments, and think about just about every line of dialogue and how they'd be called back to later. the actual twist of the show though, it's not a whole lot different than Big O's "you are a tomato"

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid (full series) - Grade: B-

this show was hit and miss for me. no miss larger than lucoa/shouta which is a buzzkill every single time. in a slice of life comedy the characters are all super important and since i didn't like all the characters that made a lot of the show particularly not very funny to me. the OP is the catchiest OP to stick in my brain since Servant X Service

Patlabor: the Movie - Grade: B
Genius Party - Grade: B-

went unfinished: Lupin III Series 4 (5 eps watched, love it so far), Yatterman Nights (passed the 3 ep test but i didn't have time to watch more), Dagashi Kashi (failed the 3 ep test for me), poco's udon world (need to watch a lot more), heat guy J (felt kind of really lame), el cazador (i might watch more of this), rakugo (not sure if i care about all the characters yet), classicaloid (only just dipped my toe in it but i liked it), fractale (as bad as people said it was but i expected that lol)

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 04:00 on May 4, 2017

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Flip flappers' production stories are funny because the director is just a talented animator who got a call from some industry budies who asked him to direct a show, and he basically just threw up his hands and said "well if this is a disaster I can just go back to key animation" and let his staff throw together whatever they wanted for seven episodes with almost nothing but some loose guidelines for what the episodes had to be structured like and the understanding that it was going to swing to a stronger plot focus in the back half, though he's sort of implied in interviews that he did have trouble with executive demands during production

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Raenir Salazar posted:

Finally finished Shirobako, probably my number 1 anime of all time now; cinched by Aoi running like an actual normal person for the ending stretch.

Great show, I want more like it. :(

Glad you liked it! It was my favorite of 2015 and just as good on re-watch.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

my host is down so you can't vote yet but as soon as its back up please call your senator to vote the correct way on tomorrow's bps vs gallery fake quarterfinal

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I think I'm looking for another action series before delving into Sweetness and Lightning, so I think I'll go for Bahmut season 1 now that season 2 is ongoing.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

These Touhous are good

I'm assuming they're all touhous even though there's a few I don't recognise

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
:yeah:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Knorth posted:

I'm assuming they're all touhous even though there's a few I don't recognise

Disgusting. Which ones don't you recognize?

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
In that album, 2, 5, 7, 8 & 10 I just straight don't know if they're touhous or not, I'm pretty sure about the others but I could be wrong about one or two

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Is the full size image I posted meant to be the mermaid do you think? I think she had blue hair as well

• Locked thread