Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Toadvine posted:

That's bigoted
I have it on good authority* that I'm a racist monster and also an idiot.

*strangers on the internet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

phasmid posted:

I was on the verge of asking if they thought it would be better to burn gay people alive.

Is this hyperbole? Or do you actually think people who don't like gay marriage want to torture people to death (excluding communists)?

Keep in mind that as of 2016 around 30% of Democrats still do not support gay marriage. http://www.pewforum.org/2016/05/12/changing-attitudes-on-gay-marriage/

spacetoaster fucked around with this message at 20:28 on May 3, 2017

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The majority of the world does not allow gay marriage, its mostly n/s America and wetsern Europe along with Scandinavia

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

phasmid posted:

I used to go to a laundromat run by first generation immigrants from...somewhere in Africa. I remember overhearing the owners say that when gay marriage was ruled constitutional they burst into tears. Like, I don't know what country they came from but I was on the verge of asking if they thought it would be better to burn gay people alive.

drat they adjusted to American culture pretty fast. Crying about stuff that has 0 negative effect on them or anyone else, in 1 generation no less

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
I am saying there are plenty of third world shitholes that kill people for being gay (and they're not all muslim extremists either).

And there's a difference between clamming up for political gain and actively opposing gay marriage on a moral basis. Short answer: No, I don't think everyone against gay marriage has murder on the mind. But it seems to be pretty prevalent in squalid regions and places where they can put you on trial for sorcery and what-have-you.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

i don't support any form of marriage. im anarchoamorous

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

phasmid posted:

But it seems to be pretty prevalent in squalid regions and places where they can put you on trial for sorcery and what-have-you.

Agreed​, the south is hosed up

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

phasmid posted:

I am saying there are plenty of third world shitholes that kill people for being gay (and they're not all muslim extremists either).

And there's a difference between clamming up for political gain and actively opposing gay marriage on a moral basis. Short answer: No, I don't think everyone against gay marriage has murder on the mind. But it seems to be pretty prevalent in squalid regions and places where they can put you on trial for sorcery and what-have-you.

Sounds like you need to have a talk with these people at the laundry mat.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

CharlestonJew posted:

drat they adjusted to American culture pretty fast. Crying about stuff that has 0 negative effect on them or anyone else, in 1 generation no less
Also when I mentioned sorcery I totally forgot about the Satanic Panic of the 80s-90s.. I withdraw any pretense that America is better than the third world.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

phasmid posted:

Also when I mentioned sorcery I totally forgot about the Satanic Panic of the 80s-90s.. I withdraw any pretense that America is better than the third world.

Have this from 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxJyPsmEask

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

phasmid posted:

Why do you assume they were from a squalid third world shithole

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The satanic panic only mattered to a subset of Christians and you coukd get through life not thinking too hard about it unless your social circle consisted of people regurgitating poo poo their non denominational evangelical pastor said

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Toadvine posted:

Uh, because they aren't from American you silly willy. :colbert:

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

basic hitler posted:

The satanic panic only mattered to a subset of Christians and you coukd get through life not thinking too hard about it unless your social circle consisted of people regurgitating poo poo their non denominational evangelical pastor said

I live in Southern California and never went to church and the Satanic Panic held sway over things like Dungeons and Dragons and Heavy Metal in social circles I was in a part of well into the 90s.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Toadvine posted:

Given the fact they were so vocal about how bad the gays were, oblivious to their clientele of young people...ahhh, I flipped a coin to make that call.

basic hitler posted:

But don't forget that they had special police task forces and politicians leveraged that poo poo, sometimes for obscene gain. It wasn't just on Sally Jessie Raphael.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

My parents caught so much poo poo from the parents on the block for allowing me to read harry potter lmao but they were all pearl clutching bible thimpers

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
I waited for the movie to come out.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

new phone who dis posted:

I live in Southern California and never went to church and the Satanic Panic held sway over things like Dungeons and Dragons and Heavy Metal in social circles I was in a part of well into the 90s.

In school a few of the kids who played magic said they needed to hide the cards from their parents and that they called it witchcraft lol

Blue Train fucked around with this message at 20:46 on May 3, 2017

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Why didn;t you excoriate the immigrants and shame them into having a teachable moment? smdh

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

poisonpill posted:

Why didn;t you excoriate the immigrants and shame them into having a teachable moment? smdh

Sounds like SOMEBODY doesn't appreciate other cultures & their views. *clicks tongue while shaking head*

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Reverence for culture for its own sake is one of the dumber lefty fads. Objectively there are lovely cultures. Ones worse than ours. Some are better. Some don't deal with outsiders well and some are straight up regressive and theres nothing wrong with some of them dying off. Monoculture lends itself to less social strife too

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

basic hitler posted:

Reverence for culture for its own sake is one of the dumber lefty fads. Objectively there are lovely cultures. Ones worse than ours. Some are better. Some don't deal with outsiders well and some are straight up regressive and theres nothing wrong with some of them dying off. Monoculture lends itself to less social strife too

The amount of relativity accepted in most post-modern thought is just pure garbage and philosophical masturbation.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

basic hitler posted:

nah, english culture is the best

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

VikingSkull posted:

The fun thing about NY is a lot of the PoC's there are immigrants, and fairly conservative on some issues.

Ask a Jamaican dude what he thinks about LGBT issues if you want a laugh.

What's really funny is that if the Republicans hadn't pushed the Southern Strategy and invited a ton of racists into their ranks, and just stuck to social conservatism and lovin' Jesus and guns minus the whole racism thing, they would probably command a HUGE portion of the minority vote.

Where I live and work is like 50% black and let me tell you, the main reason why black people vote Democrat is because dudes like Bill O'Reilly are openly racist. Well, that and the whole thing with Nixon and Goldwater I just mentioned. And a lot of Mexicans aren't too fond of Trump for, well, obvious reasons.

Racist shitheads and neoconfederates are probably too numerous and powerful to actually purge them from the Republican party. But if it weren't for that poo poo, the GOP would probably have the minority vote in the bag.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Rutibex posted:

unless you don't need to eat this is patently untrue

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Rutibex posted:

mods ban this pedo

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Rutibex posted:

I dunno what the best culture is, but it sure as hell ain't the fuckin' english

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Gammatron 64 posted:

And a lot of Mexicans aren't too fond of Trump for, well, obvious reasons.

He got over 30% of the hispanic vote. That'll go up after NAFTA is burned I'm sure.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

spacetoaster posted:

He got over 30% of the hispanic vote. That'll go up after NAFTA is burned I'm sure.

He won't burn NAFTA.

He will be fooled by claims it will hurt his voters the most.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Tallgeese posted:

He won't burn NAFTA.

He will be fooled by claims it will hurt his voters the most.

Yeah. He's pretty stupid. Just a big dumb oaf.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/30/trump-says-hell-kill-nafta-if-hes-not-able-to-renegotiate-a-better-deal.html

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
If there's one thing I think Trump is dead serious about it's burning down FTA's

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

spacetoaster posted:

Yeah. I think we may be going through a repeat of the 1960's where the two parties flip sides again.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Gammatron 64 posted:

Yeah. I think we may be going through a repeat of the 1960's where the two parties flip sides again.

Nope, I think we're in a transition to a completely new era. The DNC is going to fall first and then the GOP.

No idea what takes their place but neither party is long for this world.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

Nope, I think we're in a transition to a completely new era. The DNC is going to fall first and then the GOP.

No idea what takes their place but neither party is long for this world.

Both parties probably would have been dead years ago if it weren't for the fact that we have a lovely two party system.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Gammatron 64 posted:

Trump also got 10% of the black vote too. Which is significant.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Gammatron 64 posted:

we're already seeing the process of realignment, where all the Bush neocons defected to the slay queen while Democratic party tells its progressive faction to shut up and fall in line or get out, and the Republican primaries out their establishment in favor of nativist libertarian types who fundamentally oppose all federal activity. There isn't going to be much of a flipping of sides, the GOP is just going to do its new crazy Tea Party thing with a super-motivated core of heavy voters while the Democrats expand to incorporate those who don't go along into a big-tent woke corporatist rump faction.

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
Hillary, youll never sustain a sicker burn than the insane + brutal carpet-borne friction from backpedalling after the worm turned on your fucker moron idpol altriusm. your legs flailed in ever gayer circles fred flintstone style as you raced from the tv to the situation room to let people know that your disappointment in their failed campaign duties plus the time and money you spent trying to appease ersatz retard leftist morons were all a waste of your incredible 30+ year political career. you cannot save face or be even remotely not a cuck.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Rasta_Al posted:

Hillary, youll never sustain a sicker burn than the insane + brutal carpet-borne friction from backpedalling after the worm turned on your fucker moron idpol altriusm. your legs flailed in ever gayer circles fred flintstone style as you raced from the tv to the situation room to let people know that your disappointment in their failed campaign duties plus the time and money you spent trying to appease ersatz retard leftist morons were all a waste of your incredible 30+ year political career. you cannot save face or be even remotely not a cuck.

:eyepop:

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

Rasta_Al posted:

Oh god I'm so close quick someone post the "will breaking up the banks end racism" video again and then paypal me the money for a new keyboard cuz I'm gonna nuuuuuuuutttt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
They really hosed up with the 'anti-poverty = pro-racism' poo poo

I've had conversations like --

Accretionist: Democrats need to pay more attention to their base.

HRC Cultist: We shouldn't be nice to racists!

Accretionist: They're not all racists.

HRC Cultist: I know that!

-- so many times it felt like COINTELPRO poo poo.

• Locked thread