Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Noriko: : "We would be happy to have you, Noriko. Our greenhouse is open every morning until the end of the school day. It's a pleasure to meet you, and welcome to the club!" You've joined the Gardening Club!

---

: "Alright! I knew you'd meet someone who can sympathize with you, Noriko!" ... Yasuo's delighted, as he always is, but you get the feeling he doesn't quite get it. Still, he loads you up with about a half-dozen old-fashioned cliches about the importance of friendship.

---

Yoko agrees to hang out with you! (I PMed Mirthless to get a summary of intent and worked from there.) Discussing the gardening club, you come to understand each other a bit better and clearly share the same interests re: flowers. You decide to treat her to a special talent of yours after coffee... Tarot Card Reading! Using a carefully staged deck, you decide to go forward with your good benefactor's request.

The Fool. Temperance.. Reversed! Lovers! Death! You correct the new-comer to the true meaning of the Death card, a harbinger of significant Change, not necessarily demise. But still an omen of potential doom. ... Explaining with practiced grace, you warn Yoko that a lackadaisical stranger will come into her life, but he should not be trusted, for he can only bring doom.

A discussion of high school romance and your feigned benevolence leaves Yoko very appreciative of your wisdom and the reading!

---

When you beckon Furfur, your vision gets a bit weak at the corner of your eyes. You wear glasses, of course, and it is very late when you conduct the ritual. It is always a disaster to try to explain this sort of thing to your family. The bits of static in the air seem a fitting aura for the image your imagination briefly conjures of the thirty-fourth spirit, who deigns to briefly flicker in and out of the circle in the form of a primordial angel.

But this is reality, and that never happened. Still, you go to bed with a good feeling.

Itsumi: Dragging direct conflict and bad sentiments into your current situation seems a recipe for failure. Increasing antagonization, immediate exposure... you decide to simply take your lumps and fill out the tedious paperwork. Working in the Student Council Room is pleasant enough. Air-conditioned, free refreshments, foolproof work. You find that one way or another you are treated as a member of the Student Council. The other students are courteous and helpful and actually sincere about it. Ichiro has a certain polite playfulness that you know masks his pleasure in teasing you and holding something over your head.

Well, you'll just have to fix the situation. He's impressed that you actually finish the work and seems to relent. Perhaps he only had that one onerous chore waiting. His watch over you relaxes and he even takes advantage of his work being done "early" to skip out on one of the Council meetings. Even better for you getting to know the rest of the Council. There's a few other diligent boys and girls working, ranging from first to third year. There's Ichiro and Tadao. All seem deferential of Hattori-Senpai but also able to genuinely confide in her for help. A capable Senpai. Even Ichiro doesn't seem to have any hidden barbs in his day to day conversations with her. A possible ally or out? You don't know her... but a Devil or an Angel would be on equal footing with the Devil you know, right?

Ah. Your sunny disposition and unnaturally practiced natural charm eventually land you a very useful bit of information. It seems Tadao was introduced to the Student Council by a girl who used to be on it but dropped out recently. A girl who usually eats lunch with Ichiro. Kurihara Ai. If you could talk to Miss Ai without Ichiro knowing...

Akio: You maintain a steady and skillful reign over the arcade. You go back and forth most days... but for one glorious afternoon you end up taking everybody to alchemy school. The night burns brightly with a young man challenging you a dozen times back to back, practically keeping the place open just to try and best your black hatter! Eventually the arcade has to close and you two part with some reluctance. During this time Kane begins to slavishly dedicate himself to upping his game with Baba Yaga. When you tease him, he counters that this is the same determination you'd have to show to have learned a glass cannon gimmick character yourself! He begins to steadily improve...

You spend a bit of time brushing up on your schoolwork. (+1 Academics.) And then there's the matter of a gift for Hanae... augh. What do you even know about her? Your father goes in for a routine physical and two months later he's engaged to a young woman?! And ever since she's tried to be a stern guiding hand in your life, mixed with an actual maternal instinct... it's irritating, this woman who has never had children being such a know-it-all about them.

You ultimately end up frustrated and unable to decide on something to purchase. You have until Wednesday next week, but at this rate you'll end up buying something dull and tacky... or just defaulting to a gift card. You do feel that walking around town and chatting up some shopkeeps has helped you come out of your shell a bit as the boy who just moved. (+1 Charm.)

You find yourself acting efficiently in DDW, demolishing some native shadows for extra spending gold. (You can purchase directly or hold onto it for now.)

Tsukiyo: You dedicate yourself wholeheartedly to sniffing out details about all these drat gangs! There's no conversation you won't interrupt, no social cue you won't ignore and no intimidation you won't overcome! Confiding in a few victims of bullying and putting on a show to talk to a few of the girls at Naoki, you begin to piece critical details together!

There's a gang from a different school that likes to cross over and harass Naoki students going to or from school alone. The neighboring school is Tatsumi High School, on the neighboring Tatsumi Port Island. Skip school, catch the train, harass kids at a nicer place. Typical hooligan behavior! This is the problem Takano was talking about at the Student Council. Details are scarce about those involved but you're given a few tips on what not to do to avoid being targeted. And by the sounds of things, these are probably male thugs.

Those bullying Miho are staged at Naoki itself and seem to be primarily female students. They're said to be highly coordinated and capable of staging periods of time where no teacher or staff are nearby for long periods of time while communicating with each other clearly. Sneaky thugs on another level! The girl Miho mentioned is Nakamura Manami, an above-average student with no history of misbehavior. An expert sneak! You hear that you should avoid the third floor girl's restroom next to the roof stairs.

... As you ruthlessly interrogate your way through the first year students, you begin to develop a reputation as a fearless girl who is probably looking to join the gang... nonetheless, this makes you more interesting!??!?! (+2 Charm.) Unfortunately though, the last girl you talk to during the week ends up fleeing when your attention isn't on her. You feel like you've definitely become a bit scarier to the student body.

---

Friday

After school you join the Student Council and several students from the school, all heads and members of the various clubs and sporting groups, in putting together simple booths and passionate displays intended to win people over to the club in question. You're all there for your own reasons, whether to hit Hattori-Senpai up on her promise of an academic credit, to get an early lead in to a club you've been interested in, to enjoy the company of friends, or other reasons... it is a gray, overcast day with the suggestion of overnight storms in the heavy dark curves of the clouds above. It makes the school grounds a bit darker than they should be in the late afternoon and the bright outdoor lights have been turned on early.

Helping Yoko prepare a few flower displays, Noriko is interrupted as Takano comes over, politely speaking with Yoko for a bit before pulling Noriko away to speak to her confidentially.

: "Noriko, right? I'm happy you could join the Gardening Club. And I wanted you to know, Akane and the others are here, setting up for something..." She clearly knows what it is and a flash of mild disapproval registers, but then she looks you eye to eye and seems... pleased? "If you ever need help with anything, you can come to me." Is this the dependability of an oneesan?! Takano exchanges a polite goodbye with you and Yoko before returning to doing a little bit of everything.

Elsewhere, Akio and Itsumi are helping their friends and the rest of a large karate club set up a small demonstration area. It even has a mat for a live demo and a TV with some cheesy exercises on loop!

: "You've really gotten into this Student Council stuff, Itsumi." She snickers and whispers to Itsumi. "You almost seem legit."

: "Hey Akio, look, you're a big man at the arcade, I'll give you that. But you ever thought about doing some training?" He grins smugly. "We can be sparring budies."

: "We call can spar together! Honorable exchanges only, then we can teach you a thing or two!"

Tsukio: You've waited too long for this chance, but finally, it's here... there's no doubt... you can finally meet the head of the Kendo Club! Finally, the dream of training with somebody who isn't family is close at hand!

---

Hideaki idles around with Akane and the rest of their outcast clique setting up an AV display with a lap-top and watching some truly delightful animal meme videos. It seems that the nervous young man is constantly eyeing the girls working on the flower displays for the Gardening Club, occasionally wordlessly mouthing something to himself. Words of encouragement, perhaps?

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 20:42 on May 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tsukiyo

Friday

Tsuki gets a few leering eyes from her newfound reputation once she gets to the booths. She has a plan in mind on how to deal with the delinquents starting from next week, but she must first find a slot in the Kendo club! "Oh, hey. I've been wanting to know if there are still open spots." She says while approaching the Club Head...

pre:
IRL Stats
Rank 1 Academics ** - [+1 Int/Wis Skills]
Rank 0 Charm *** [+0 Dex/Cha Skills]
Rank 2 Courage [+2 +Str/Con Skills]

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 01:15 on May 1, 2017

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.
Akio

"Karate? Hmm, I don't know..." Akio scratches the back of his head anxiously. "I've never really been into in that stuff. Besides, you're just trying to get me to join so you can finally best me at something aren't you?" He laughs. "But you're right, I should start doing some sort of activity again. I used to do a bunch of stuff after school before my... I moved here. I had to go to one form of practice or another pretty much every day. It was a pain to be honest, but now I kinda miss it. Closest I ever got to martial arts was archery though, and that's not what I'd call close. Since it's ranged? Ha ha? Ugh. Anyway... I'll think about it."

pre:
Social Stats
+1 Charm     (Dex/Cha)	— ** RANK UP!
+0 Courage   (Str/Con)	— 
+1 Academics (Int/Wis)	— ** RANK UP!

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Noriko - Therapy

"i'm... just tired of people being nice to me for what happened. Akane seems like she can look past it." she smiles. "I didn't want anybody to know at first, but I think this is going to be a year to grow. Thank you, Yasuo-san." She bows and heads out of the appointment at the end.

Noriko - Ritual

The ritual complete, Noriko slips off to sleep feeling like she had accomplished something. The eerie visage of the creature she saw and un-saw fills her dreams.

Noriko - Friday

Noriko places her work somewhere noticeable among the gardening club's show pieces, brimming with pride over the work. It had taken her most of the night to complete and she was sure it would impress. She heads over to where the outcasts are chilling and taps Hideaki on the shoulder, pointing to the gardening club display where she'd set up her piece. "have her show you through the display and confess by the flowers." her expression is mostly blank, but she gives him a firm "thumbs-up"

Once Hideaki heads over, Noriko makes herself scarce and follows along to see what happens.
stealth: 1d20+13 26

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 07:14 on May 5, 2017

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Kasaya Itsumi

Ah, an opening to get to Ichiro! She moves over to Madoka and says, "Hey, keep an eye on Kurihara Ai... I think she may be our way in at Ichiro. Let me know if you find anything out about her, including when she's away from Ichiro so I can have a chat with her." She then goes and introduces herself to Hittori-Senpai, "Hi there, Hattori-Senpai, I'm Kasaya Itsumi! I just wanted to meet you, I'm soooo excited and honored to be on the council! If there's ever anything you need done, please let me know!" she says, in a bubbly, but incredibly genuine tone.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

(Mort got back to me, adding Takashi back in.)

Takashi: Looking for that sweet academic credit, or perhaps Senpai's good side, you eagerly assist with set up on Friday. Despite a bit of over-eagerness to please on your end, Takano seems sincerely grateful for your help. It seems obvious that reliability and punctuality are the first things she'll see and judge from there.

Tsukiyo: You corner the head of the kendo club, a tall skinny boy who looks a little less than prepared for dedicated combat, in your own opinion. Not ripped at all. A little too fashionable, if you know what I mean. He absentmindedly returns your greeting. "Eh? Ah, Nishiyama Kenta, pleased to meet y..." His gentle features and kind demeanor suddenly take on a spirited alertness as turns to face you!

: "!? ... Chavez..." With a critical glare he recognizes you! But you're just meeting him... looks like he's a second year, not showing up in any of your classes or other peer groups. "There's openings in the club, but there's no way I could let somebody in just to pick fights!" Kenta sets his hands on his hips and steps up to you with well-worn confidence. "We're a group that practices a disciplined lifestyle and forges a bond of true camaraderie." He raises a hand and gives a frustrated, dismissive wave-off, face scrunched up in irritation. "And I've got no wish to put time as captain into training somebody who'll blow it off after a few weeks..."

There's a few other students nearby paying close attention to the exchange. A wave of light gossip is beginning... is your reputation already cemented?

Akio: As if on cue both Felix and Kane look off to the side, out the nearest window. They sigh contentedly as they face the horizon.

: "Archery, huh..." "Archery, hmmm..."

After a few moments, Kane points to you and grins widely. "Going for the club full of girls, huh. I knew you were a man of class."

Itsumi: : "You took your time... I'll tell you when there's an opening." Madoka whispers to you discretely. This isn't your first rodeo. Then, as she's part of the group chatting by the martial arts display, she looks over the three boys(Akio, Kane and Felix) fawning about nonsense. "You could learn to be good even as a shrimp. Everybody has to start at the bottom in karate. All that'll matter is what you put into it."

: Senpai faces you and thinks matter-of-factly for a moment, forcing a moment of silence. She returns your bubbly smile with a polite one of her own. "I'll keep that in mind, Itsumi. I'm happy to see somebody so enthusiastic about our work joining the council."

Akio: Shrimp! Quick! Head check! ... Ah, Felix is taller than you and Kane's hat is tipping the scales in his favor. She must've meant you!

Noriko: Time to put everything into real life action. No more ceremony for the unknown or requests for the unseen. With practiced stoicism you offer Hideaki a chance he never imagined might come. He stares at you in quiet shock for a bit, then his eyes flicker between you and Yoko, then your suggested spot for a bit. Yoko is alone, doing a final check of the flower arrangements.

: "Noriko... you're an angel! Thank you!" He heads off quickly, unable to suppress a growing smile. You'd almost think he had a chance. You fall into a socially safe distance to eavesdrop, the halls being crowded enough to do so easily. It is a bit hard to hear clearly. And then the two move to the stairwell together... you'll have to follow!

---

Hideaki makes his way to the Gardening Club space and greets Yoko. By gestures and facial expressions they exchange polite greetings and it seems Hideaki has good timing, as Yoko asks for his help to carry an extra display, some loose flowers and supplies to the roof-top. As Hideaki told Noriko and Akane's social circle at lunch... he was thinking of trying his luck at a confession at that special spot.

Naoki Academy's roof is typical of high school designs. A fresh open-air area, a large industrial strength fence for safety reasons, a connection to the main stairwell that makes sneaking up for lunch or some alone time appealing to the loners and free spirits of the student body. And at the center of it all is a large raised and installed display of various local trees, giving the white-stone tiling of the area an otherworldly aesthetic, as though a little pocket of heaven was built and maintained just a bit closer to the sky.

Noriko: Luckily once the two get to the roof you can spy on them from the doorway, simply keeping it open an inch or two.

: Things are going too well for him! A confident smile! "Ah, Yoko-chan, things looked really good down there. I can tell you really put your heart into your work."

: A light blush at the compliment... "Thank you, Hideaki... uhm, you can just set the trays down here." She gestures towards the largest tree in the center, a cherry blossom tree having finally begun the transition from tall sapling to a thickening tree. The two carry the gardening supplies over and set them down almost reverently, the tranquil surroundings forcing a certain respect for nature.

Adjusting some things to set them flat for storage, Yoko's hand bumps into Hideaki's the the two share a look, immediately looking away from one another. Clearing his throat, Hideaki goes for it...

: "Yoko, there's something I wanted to tell you." Yoko looks back to Hideaki, the two eye to eye now. A cool breeze passes over the roof, the gray skies overhead parting in several spots to let the last rays of the setting sun give some light to the affair. "I've.. ah..." He clears his throat. His expression stutters a bit, along with his stammering... then he feels a bit of sublime confidence and smiles, speaking clearly! "I've always liked you, Yoko-chan."

: "Oh.. oh my.." A young maiden's reception of heartfelt sentiment! It's... annoyingly sentimental! It's going too well! Yoko is silent for a bit, clearly thinking over her answer. "Hideaki, I... ah... uhm..." The flattery is clear in her face. You had her pegged for a shy girl, but this is too much. "I'm.. happy you said that.." Is the key of Solomon worth so little these days?!

: "But, uhm..." She looks away first. "I'm sorry. I'm not.. really interested in, uhm, dating, right now..."

A lame line. A lame silence. Hideaki clears his throat.

: "I'm sorry! M-maybe it just wasn't meant to be... yet..."

: "... W-what does that mean?"

: "N-nothing! I'm just saying, I, uhm, I don't feel now's a good time.. for.. such a fateful thing, and I.."

: "Fateful thing?" The heat of rejection seems to be little before the flame of intense scrutiny that lights up Hideaki's face. "What do you mean?"

: Yoko looks quite embarrassed. "I just feel that some things are, uhm, cosmically... important.. is all. And maybe, uhm, if I was told to keep an eye out, uhm, for a true soul mate... and not.. a.. lackadaisical stranger... that.. uhm.. maybe, you know, we're not right for each other, is all...."

: "Lackadaisical? Stranger?!" Hideaki holds his hands up in frustration. "Y-y-y-yoko-chan! We've known each other for years!" The clouds in the sky are thickening. The fading daylight is vanishing entirely.

: Yoko holds up a hand in a pleading gesture. "Wait a second, t-then how can you deny the lackadaisical part!?"

: "B-but who else knows you as well as I do?! E-ever since we were little I've watched you, Yoko-chan!"

: She looks quite skeptical herself now. "Watched?"

: "N-no, that's not what I meant!" The clouds overhead have grown thicker and small droplets of rain begin to fall.

: "Hideaki... please, do not bother me again. I find it rather creepy."

The new moon has begun to silently pass in the night sky overhead when the conversation finishes. Hideaki is quiet and lowers his hands, looking downcast. Only the barest silhouette of the lunar sphere above can be seen if one strains their eyes against the passing gaps in the clouds.

: "Al.. alright, Yoko."

Yoko departs the rooftop, forcing Noriko to momentarily duck aside.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Noriko: Secure in the knowledge that your deal with the devil has been honored, you hasten back downstairs a practiced beat after Yoko would have passed and you wouldn't be noticed.

Everyone: As everybody seems to be finishing their set up, some students begin to head out. A gentle rainfall is audible from outside and the occasional slow rumble of distant thunder comes and goes.

: "It looks like this is a good point to stop. I'd like to thank everybody for their help today, and you'll all be commended properly tomorrow. If you need them, we have some extra umbrellas in the council room, and..."

*KRA-KOOM!* An unexpectedly close and loud crash of thunder briefly rattles the nearby windows. A sudden sheet of heavy rain batters against it and a rush of wind precedes the passing of dark blurs outside. Surely just the wind passing through the nearby trees, but startling all the same, a little unsettling. Takano and a few other students depart down the hall, accepting her offer.

That's when, in a suddenly boom of thunder and a blistering spread of static, everything in sight begins to darken. Pure pulses of static energy bleed in from the ceiling and overtake every inch of the room, robbing it of any natural color, snuffing out any source of light. The power flickers off and on briefly before everybody is plunged into darkness!

---

As your vision begins to adjust to the darkness, a loud mechanical clang announces that an emergency generator has turned on. Emergency lights cast a dim haze over everything and you're able to see again... and what you see is most of your classmates suddenly encased in full-body standing coffins made of thick, immaculate glass. The figures inside are barely visible, though if you strain you can eventually discern enough features to guess who it is. Itsumi can make out Madoka next to her by height alone...

Everything feels unnaturally cold, though perhaps that is the air conditioning shutting off. It is disturbingly silent, the chatter of classmates preparing to leave frozen suddenly. Every so often you can hear something in the distance scrape and scratch, bang and clutter. The immediate layout of the school seems to have shifted strangely as well, great rips in the floor and walls appearing suddenly and without any sign or sound of the source of destruction!

(Blue squares indicate possible exits. Gaps in front of two of them are dangerous falls.)

: "... Kane? Kane?!" Felix seems to have made the transition with your group. He looks quite distraught and glares suspiciously at the coffin that has replaced his friend. He leans in and taps on it frantically, a few hollow thuds the only response, the blurred figure within completely immobile.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 03:58 on May 30, 2017

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tsukiyo

Classroom

Tsukiyo is quite horrified by this accusation, and stammers for a bit before stepping forward. "Wait, no! I... I haven't started any fights! It was... Student Council business. I was at a meeting with Hattori-senpai and she told about some delinquent problem..." She then grits her teeth, dreading what she is about to say. "If you want to know if I'm serious, you could ask my older brother. He was part of the club a few years ago." She says while thinking to herself how much this freaking sucks!!!

???

"I-Is this some kind of hazing? If so, please stop because this kind of stuff is too creepy!"

pre:
IRL Stats

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

During the Week:
Takashi politely declines Hiroko's offer to walk to school together, citing his need to attend track, and asks for a rain check. He offers an alternative date that doesn't clash with the sport and hopes she won't be offended.

Classroom:
As the static passes over him, Takashi shivers, feeling icy cold fingers down his spine, "What in the...?" Darkness.

As the lights come back up, he steps back slightly from the sudden pit in front of him! "Is everyone o...," he asks before he catches sight of the glass coffins, "What's going on?" Rushing to the nearest coffin, Takashi quickly does a headcount, taking stock of each person not currently in a coffin and comparing to those present in the room a moment ago. Something is powerfully wrong.

Placing his hands on the smooth glass, he strains to see who is encased inside.

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio

"A man of class?" Kane's accusation catches Akio completely off guard. "What? Hey! No! It's not like that! I barely even knew there was an archery club to begin with, let alone it being full of girls. I hadn't planned... I just thought..." His cheeks turn red as his protests fade into silence, only to grow even redder when he realizes Madoka was listening in on the conversation.

Shrimp? Ouch. Well, his skin tone did fit the description for the moment... "Oh, thanks for the, uh, advice? A-are you in the karate club too?" She was, wasn't she. Great, so she's even deadlier than he first thought. If she ever learns what happened on his first day at Naoki... Actually, thinking about it, maybe getting his still beating heart ripped out of his chest in the karate club would be better than a slow agonizing social death in the archery club... What a nightmare!

---

...What the gently caress! Akio watches in disbelief as Felix checks the glass coffin in front of him. It takes a moment for him to realize it wasn't just Kane that was encased in one, but Madoka too, and several others. Those creepy coffins were all over the room, and the room itself was ruined. "This is way too extreme to be some sort of hazing. This is unreal. Did the lightning do this? How..." He looks closer at Kane's coffin, trying to see through the thick glass but can't really tell anything new. "He's not moving... Maybe they're just like frozen in stasis? There's no way they're all..." dead.

"Look, we can't just stand around doing nothing. I'm calling the rescue services. I hope the storm hasn't knocked out phone masts..." Akio takes out his phone and checks the signal.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Kasaya Itsumi

Itsumi rushes over to Madoka's coffin, putting her hand on it and looking into incredulously. She then looks over at Akio "Good idea!," she says. "Let's go look to see if anyone else isn't trapped! Standing around here isn't gonna do anything!" she continues, practically in a command, trying to lead everyone out of stunned disbelief and into action. "I wonder why some people are trapped and we aren't," Itsumi says out loud as she rushes to find a safe exit to another room to check for survivors. She heads towards the classroom with out the gaping hole in front if it and throws open the door...

Look Around You fucked around with this message at 01:22 on May 28, 2017

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Noriko

She felt a bit of guilt for what she'd done. She'd liked Hideaki, but her soul was more important than a crush. He'd get over it. Maybe she was imagining it but the darkening of the sky overhead felt like an omen, the ritual hanging at the back of her mind. She hardly noticed the static in the air before the power suddenly went out, and she was ripped from her rumination into some strange new place.

Noriko mills around the room in a daze. "...hm. this is like before, in the game..." she looks around at the others. "is this real? are any of you real?" her expression is flat but she has a hint of mania in her eyes.

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 21:37 on May 28, 2017

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

School

Tsukiyo: The gossip continues! "Hattori-senpai would never associate with a thug..." "So is she lying?" But it cuts out when you mention Your Brother! Even Kenta seems a little surprised.

: "Chavez-senpai..." He cups his chin in deep thought, then breaks the pose with a cocky grin. "Sign up officially next week, Chavez-kohai. I think I'd like to take a risk on you after all."

Akio: Felix and Kane continue busting your chops as Madoka replies that yes, she is in the Karate club.

: "You could say I'm a natural." She sets one fist on her hip and smirks, even edging out the other boys in height. "Hm, even a short guy can learn good form. Just take what you like or looks fun."

Takashi: Hiroko's sunny nature shines through as she has no trouble postponing, offering to exchange cell numbers and call you sometime next week.

(Last chance for replies. If Noriko or Itsumi had any last lines before the environment shift, they can post as well.)

---

Other School

Music

You can pick out Kane and Madoka from two of the coffins. The captain of the kendo club, Kenta is in another in this room. The rest are assorted young men and women you're only passingly familiar with. Considering that the clubs were setting up across the first floor, you can clearly see that not everybody is in this room. They'd be in adjacent rooms or up and down the hall, but it looks quite dangerous to try and go that way...

Hideaki and Yoko are missing, as is Takano. Looking outside the windows reveals absolutely nothing. Pure pitch black darkness, as though the world had just shrugged off mankind and his lights.

Checking your phones produces no signal. Instead it lists an edgy, stylish UI showing your... Digital Devil World Soulshell! Included are the five of you in the room and Felix, who is IDed as Brackish_Gaijin, the ninja enthusiast. Your phones appear to always be on, charged and in a "personal" speaker mode... you can quickly talk back and forth with those in your SoulShell. (Roughly the limits of Telepathy without Range.)

: "This is rather bizarre, but you have the right idea! But can we really leave these coffins here?" His palm drags along the front of Kane's coffin, leaving no imprint at all. "Ah.. perhaps, I'll remain here and watch? And if you find anyone, guide them here? A safe zone, so to speak. We're in no danger so far..." As if in response to his suggestion, everybody's cells are briefly wrapped in a split-second sheath of static. Once it clears Felix is your Overseer, assigning the party the following passive bonus and group move(winning vote by 2+ to use for the turn.)

quote:

Felix: Execution(Passive): Attacks that reduce a target to 5 HP or less instead reduce them to 0 HP.
Ninjutsu(Daily): All PCs may Shift up to 3 Squares this turn. Movement lost if not used.

You don't seem to have a lot of options, short of waiting for help to come. And you feel very uneasy. Can help come? You feel very much as ordinary students. And despite that, Itsumi opens the door to the North, entering the nearby classroom.

Inside this classroom is a single coffin, the occupant too distant to make out. (Passive Perception 13 is insufficient.) But what you can see(and hear!) is a gibbering little red ball of angry mottled flesh and sickly blue-yellow light, flashing out of either eye as it rapidly blinks and babbles! Though it looks like a strange puffer-fish the angry little orb floats in the air and occasionally flexes its front fins, which suddenly bulge with fingers akin to a hand and grip the coffin, keeping it near. Amidst all the slobbering you can hear distinctly human words...

"ugly, ugly... dirty, smells..."

"acts like whore... shameless... disrespectful..."

"idiot... moron... failure..."

As it gibbers, the sickly light washes over the coffin and infuses the glass, spreading like blood entering clear water.

(Entering the Door(D12) moves you to your choice of A11, 12, 13 or -A11, 12, 13)

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 15:04 on May 31, 2017

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tsukiyo

"Game? What are you even talking about? Give me a sec, let me see if I can call the poli-" Tsukiyo grunts as she takes her phone and going pale at the new interface in it. "...The hell?" Why is the DDW data on her phone? Why is the sky outside like that? And more importantly.... Does that mean that those nerds know that she plays DDW now? She heads to the classroom on the north, and notices the... Thing floating around the coffin. She puts her hand on Itsumi's shoulder, and whispers to her. "I... I think it hasn't noticed us. So we can just walk back and leave it alone." A few steps back, and she looks around for anything that can be used to defend herself if that floating creature attacks...

pre:
IRL Stats

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Kasaya Itsumi

Itsumi turns her head towards Tsukiyo. "No, we can't! it's doing... something... to that person. We need to stop it!" she says in response to her. "Everyone in here! Come on!" she says as she picks up a chair and begins striding over to the... thing. "Hey! Get away from there!" she commands, "and who are you calling a whore anyway?"

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio

Shrimp and now short guy? Isn't she the one that's freakishly tall?! "Yeah, yeah, I'll think about it." But in truth, he feels like he's already made up his mind. The bigger they are, the harder they fall. How difficult could it be to master karate anyway?

---

Akio stares blankly at his phone for a while, trying as hard as he can to come up with a perfectly rational explanation for everything that's happening. But there is none to be found. He's at school. He's Akio. He's also receiving buffs from his friend Felix who is acting as a DDW overseer for the party??? The last time he had a vivid dream he remembered going to bed before, but he can't recall doing so this time. This is... Real? A game? Both? Itsumi's yell from the room over makes him realize that the distinction hardly matters at the moment.

"OK, Felix, let us know if something happens. Stay safe! Hey, Itsumi, Tsukiyo, wait!" Akio rushes after the two, entering the room behind them only to see... Is that a monster?! He follows Itsumi's lead and begins yelling at it. "Yeah, get away from that person you little poo poo! What are you doing to them?" And who is it? Akio attempts to make out the features of the person inside the glass coffin as they close in.

Move to -A13 I guess? Following Itsumi forward.
Perception: 1d20+5 22 Taking a closer look at the coffin to see who is in there.

Sockerbagarn fucked around with this message at 15:39 on May 31, 2017

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Classroom:
This is all real. SoulShell instead of a phone. Only people from the game are here, everyone else is in a coffin. Real bad, and real real!

Internal panic attack over, Takashi springs into action. Grabbing a chair in one-hand along his purposeful stride towards the exit everyone seems to be taking, he calls out, "Come on, Noriko-chan. We don't want to get separated," before stepping through the doorway into the next class.

Confronted with the red fish-monster mere feet away, Takashi hefts the chair enough to be used as a weapon and places himself astride Itsumi, Tsukiyo and Akio, nonchalantly asking, "So, uh, any idea what that is?" mere seconds before Itsumi's challenge.

Mortify fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jun 1, 2017

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Perception: It looks like an upperclassman, an attractive older girl. Dressed conservatively, the awful little fish seems to be projecting or needling at things unspoken and unseen.

Ah. And you notice a dozen of the little trauma centers floating about inside the cabinets in the room as most of your group steps into the center of it. Tiny doors are knocked off smaller hinges as they claw their ways out and drift about the air, flailing wildly at you. Swipes from held chairs don't deal any real damage, simply sending them swirling about a few feet to the skywards.

The fish preying upon the coffin releases its hand-fins and does a swift 360 flip, remaining mostly in place, glare situated straight ahead as twin beams of sickly yellow light focus on Itsumi. Baring a mouthful of sadistic barbed teeth it suddenly surges forward, swimming through the air! In one dramatic motion it clamps onto the chair she holds and shatters it to pieces, shredding wood and metal alike and sending dust and shrapnel flying! With one great gnash it puffs up slightly with an intake of air and prepares to do the same to Itsumi!

A cellphone ring interrupts the dramatic silence... Itsumi's cell, playing a cheesy little "Sunshine~ Sunshine~" line that comes with the default selection of custom ringtones. The phone immediately defaults to voice mail and something answers, a timeless voice nestled in the soul. [super]"I am thou... thou art I. The impetus of the soul extends to the world... work thy will." Bathed in a sudden halo of glorious golden light, an ethereal Sunbright manifests standing with Itsumi and thrusts her great-spear forward, narrowly knocking it off course! The blow does 6 Damage and only keeps the rabid little bugger at bay, but the presence of her own Avatar fills Itsumi with... hope... (and +8 THP from Energizing Strike!) (I kinda fast-mathed your stats from your sheet, but this gets the gist of it across!)

The rest of the fiends gibber about the room and occasional snarl and snap, eager to feast upon the rest of you! In response your cells begin to ring as well, awaiting your answer...

The Gossipers begin to channel and mock you, preying upon Takashi(-6 Defenses), Akio(-6 Defenses) and Itsumi(-8 Defenses)! "Liar! Coward! Schemer! Snake!" "Child! Small! Weak!" "Poser! Tool! Loser!" The words sound like angry rantings to those not targeted, but to those targeted the strange words take on the familiar tones of peers and spend too long echoing between your ears...

Everybody's Up! The Gossipers Attack on Friday Night!

Channeling Actions persist until the target is Damaged by any source!

Gossiper: HP: 20/20 AC/F/R/W: 15/20/22/16, Flying, Small
14/20 (-D20)
Gossip: *Channeling* -2 to All Defenses. Stacks Infinitely. Free Action.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tsukiyo

"You drat fishes! Argh! All of this... This is starting to PISS ME OFF!" Noticing the sudden bright flash coming from Itsumi's side and how it struck one of the monster fish, Tsukiyo instinctively looks at her phone as she hurries forward towards Itsumi's side. "Guess I was one of you guys all along in the game. I don't really know what's happening, but... If we are to leave this place I.. I guess we gotta bring common sense to the curb!" She says while opening the new message on her phone, a voice message echoing within her mind. "I am thou... Thou art I. Disaster follows thine steps. Bring calamity to the enemy." It says as an invisible wall in reality itself is shattered by a spinning drill-sword, as Flagelo's avatar emerges into existence, surrounded by a rainbow halo that glimmers beautifully before she sends out a massive slash towards one of the Gossipers, instantly bisecting it in a shower of black goo! "You scumbag monsters! I'll make mincemeat of you!" She grunts in a voice that sounds somewhat familiar to the others.

Move:Charge to C-16
Minor: Activating Battle Wrath Stance
Standard: Attacking the fish at C-17
Melee Basic Attack vs AC: 1d20+15 19 1d10+19 20

pre:
Flagelo   						 
HP: 59/59	        AC:	21	Passive Insight: 15
Surges: 8/11 (V: 13)	For:	21	Passive Perception: 15
Initiative: +5		Ref:	16	Action Points: 0
Speed: 5		Will:	15	Fortune Points: 2
Languages: Common, Giant	Vision: Normal

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Duelist Assault		[ ] Second Wind		       [ ] Lifestealer Greatsword
Battle Wrath          	[ ] Sohei Flurry	       [ ] Whiteflame Scale Armor
                        [ ] Stone's Endurance          [ ] Wildrunners
                        [ ] [ ] Power Strike           [ ] Lucky Charm
                        [ ] Sohei Parry                [ ] Mask of the Cackling Imp
                        [ ] Ignore Weakness

Fate
Warding Flourish

Passives:.
Roll Twice on Ath rolls to Jump or Climb
+2 all defenses against opportunity attacks
Lifestealer Greatsword - Whenever you kill an enemy with this weapon you gain 6 THP
Wildrunners: When Running, Move your Speed +4.
Resist 5 Radiant
+2 Damage +2 Bull Rush when Charging

Support Persona
Ifrit (Strength)
Maragi (vs Reflex. Range 5, 3x3 Square. Deals 3 Fire Damage to all targets)
Passive: Auto-Sukukaja (Grants +2 Attack to Self for first non-fortune attack made after Combat starts)
Passive: Resist Fire 3
Weakness: Cold

IRL Stats

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Jun 1, 2017

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Classroom:

Seeing his friends' avatars in the real world sends Takashi's jaw to the floor, momentarily distracting him from the Gossipers' cruel words pouring into his ears. "This is unreal." Quietly at first, but with volume rising to match the urgency, Takashi's phone rings. Pulling the phone out of his pocket, he glances down...

... swiping up, he puts the phone to his ear. Somehow, he knows exactly what the barking means. "I am thou... Thou art I. We are the goodest boys. None shall harm our friends."

With tremendous force and a cacophonous crack , the giant, molten beast crashes through the ceiling without damaging it; his sheer size leaving smoldering paw prints on the classroom floor that disappear seconds later.

Wasting no time, .attak bounds into the middle of the Gossipers attacking Itsumi, swiping the one previously hit by Flagelo with a his claws, batting it away, carrying the motion into another, and finally sinking his prodigious fangs into the last. Teeth firmly planted into the weird fish-monster, .attak shakes the creature savagely before discarding the corpse like a chew toy.

• Currently: Defense Set 1 - 24/23/21/18 - AC/FT/RF/WI
  • Move to -B17, provoke on -A15, -A16 - +2 defenses against these attacks
  • Minor: Thri-Kreen Claws vs AC (3 Gossipers): 3#1d20+11 18, 15, 31(crit) - 3#1d8+5 13 (to -C17, was already very dead), 7 (to -A17), 8 13 (to -A18)
  • Standard: Jarring Smash vs AC (-A18): 1d20+14 34 (crit) - minimum damage kills it, even before crit
  • Defender Aura: -A16, -A17

pre:
.attak    						 
HP : 57/57 (THP: 0)    Passive Insight    : 17    Defense Sets : AC/FT/RF/WI
Surges : 9/9 (V: 14)   Passive Perception : 22    1 Defend       24/23/21/18
Initiative : +6        Vision : Low-light         2 Raging       22/23/21/18
Speed : 8 (7)                                     3 Defend BL    26/23/21/18
Action Points : [1]                               4 Raging BL    24/23/21/18
Fortune Points : [2/2]

At Will               Encounter                Daily
Jarring Smash         [ ] Savage Cut           [ ] Life-Ending Strike
Run Down              [ ] Brutal Slam          [ ] Feral Rampage
Vengeful Guardian     [ ] Dirty Deed           [ ] Avenging Flame (Fate)
Defender Aura         [x] Thri-Kreen Claws     [ ] Ignore Pain
                      [ ] Second Wind          [ ] Snarling Defiance
                      [ ] Bloodclaw (Item)     [ ] Mask (Guilty Corpse, Item)

Passives:
Molten :     DR5 vs. Fire
Vitality :   DR3 vs. Necrotic
Overwhelm :  Attacks against slow/immob targets knock them prone
Defender :   Aura 1, -2 to attack rolls that don't include me
Guardian :   +2 AC when Defender Aura active
Berserker :  Aura drops, gain +1d8 damage on at-wills
Blooded :    +2 AC/Saves when Bloodied
Heartless :  +2 attacks/damage for 1 turn after using Second Wind
Armed :      Once per turn, draw or stow as a free action
Leap :       Always considered to have a running start
Nap :        Gain benefits of extended rest after 4 hours

Persona:
Yomotsu-Shikome (Hermit)
Evil Touch (vs Will. Melee. Deals 1d6+1 Necrotic Damage to one target.)
Tarunda (vs Fortitude. Ranged 5. Target -2 Attack UEONT.)
Passive: Resist Necrotic 3
Weakness: Radiant

IRL:
Academics: +1  - ***
Charm: +1      - **
Courage: +1    - **

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Exploding like popped balloons, the slain gossipers vanish entirely. Those still alive don't lose track of mocking their targets as they move. The Gossipers Takashi dashes by viciously seize their opportunity but bounce off the boy as though his skin were the same molten armor. (26 vs OAs, misses vs 20 at -6 Defenses.)

14/20 (-D20) 13/20 (-A17)
+10 Attack, +4 on OAs/Flanks

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jun 1, 2017

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio

Akio grits his teeth and takes a step back from the creatures, his attempts to fend them off with his bare hands meeting minimal success. Okay, barging in here and picking a fight with these ugly fishes might not have been the best idea he's had in a while, but he couldn't very well leg it now that Itsumi was stuck in the thick of it. Still, the situation was looking dire! If only they had some way to actually fight back... And that's when it all starts to happen. Akio watches in stunned silence as avatar after avatar enters the fray... His pocket starts buzzing and he reflexively pulls out his phone.

"I am thou... And thou art I... With grace and excellence walk thine path. The precipice above all awaits."

Akio gives one serious nod, and then with utter confidence calls out the one word he simply knew to say.

"Persona!"

A pillar of bright silver light shines down on the ground next to Akio, and from it emerges Ambrose in a grandiose cascade of white rose petals. He casually balances the tip of his sword on the ground as he regards their insignificant foes with a haughty look, petals still swirling softly around him. Then, with a sudden flash, both him and Akio blink out of existence, reappearing in the middle of a large group of the gossips. In one motion Ambrose lifts his spellblade and slashes in a wide horizontal arc, leaving a red afterimage in its wake as the blade carves through air and monster with equal ease. Arcane seals appear above the foes that were hit, a demand to focus their attention on him... Or suffer the consequences.

Minor: Aegis of Shielding: Gossiper (-A15) is marked.
Move: Armathor's Step: Teleport to -E13. +2 to my next attack rolls against adjacent enemies.
Standard: Sword of Sigils vs AC (Gossiper -E12, -E14, -D13): 3#1d20+13+2 21 hit! 20 hit! 24 hit! 1d8+6+1 12 damage. Targets are marked UEOMNT. Targets take 4 force damage if they violate the mark.
Interrupt: Will either use Shield (+4 to all defenses) if it would save me from getting hit or Aegis of Shielding if -A15 scores a hit on someone else.

pre:
Ambrose
HP: 60/60 (THP: 0)	AC:	25	Passive Insight: 15
Surges: 10/10 (V: 17)	Fort:	17	Passive Perception: 15
Initiative: +4		Ref:	18	Vision: Low-light Vision
Speed: 6		Will:	20	Action Points: 0
Languages: Common, Elven		Fortune Points: 0

Farbond Spellblade Longsword: +13, 1d8+6 (MBA)

Aegis of Shielding	[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Vanishing Blade
Booming Blade		[ ] Argent Rain			[ ] Shielding Fire
Sword Burst		[ ] Fey Step			
			[X] Sword of Sigils		
Summoned Armor		[ ] Dimensional Vortex		
Acrobat Boots		[ ] Shield
			[X] Armathor's Step
			[ ] Arcane Mutterings

[ ] Amulet of Life
Passives
Eladrin Will: +5 bonus to saving throws against charm effects.
Rose King's Shield: Once per turn gain THP when hitting an enemy with Booming Blade.
White Lotus Riposte: If an enemy I have hit with an arcane at-will attacks me they take 4 damage.
War Wizard's Expertise: -5 penalty to hit allies with arcane attacks.

Ongoing

Magic Items
Bladed Bolter Bandolier: Waist. +1 AC, +1 Fortitude.
	[ ] Daily(Free Action): Spawn a Cruel Lord Bolter within Range 5.

Support Persona: Kuru (World)
Mamagnara (+9 vs Reflex. Close Burst 1. Deals 1d6+2 Acid Damage to all enemies and applies -2 AC/Fort UEONT.)
Bear Hug (+9 vs Fortitude. Deals 3 Physical Damage and Roots target USOMNT)
Weakness: Thunder, Lightning

Social Stats
+1 Charm     (Dex/Cha)	— 
+0 Courage   (Str/Con)	— 
+1 Academics (Int/Wis)	— 

Soul Shell
  • Devil: +1 Damage Done.
  • Empress: +1 Will Defense.
  • Temperance: Flanking/Assist Other increased to +3.
  • Priestess: Surge Value +2.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Kasaya Itsumi / Sunbright

Itsumi stares for a second in disbelief as Sunbright manifests before her, blocking the attack.. After a moment, however, she realizes what she has to do. She quickly hops around the side of the... thing and glances at her phone quickly before tapping a button on the screen. "Go!" she calls to Sunbright, who appears before her once again, twirling before thrusting her greatspear into the monster in front of her. Her spear stabs straight through its mouth and runs through it completely, leaving it limp on the haft. Sunbright then reels the spear in and uses her foot to slide the monster off of it. "That oughta shut it up!" Itsumi says cheerfully, pumping her fist. She turns to face the other monster near her before looking over at Akio and calling out, "Akio! Here!" as he (and Ambrose) are shrouded in a bright light for a moment, energizing them both.

Move: Shift to -C20
Standard: Energizing Strike (0) vs AC: 1d20+14 17 1d10+7 13 and Ambrose gains 8 THP

pre:
Sunbright
HP: 53/53 (THP: 8)		AC:  24		Passive Insight: 13
Surges: 10/10 (V: 13)		Fort: 20	Passive Perception: 13
Initiative: +3			Ref:  17	Action Points: 1
Speed: 5			Will: 22	Vision: low-light
Languages: Common, Elven

Conditional Defenses/Resists
Polearm Expertise: +2 bonus to all defenses against charge attacks
Mind Hunter's Scale Armor +2: +2 item bonus to saves against daze, dominate and
	stun when I have at least 1 power point

Basic Attacks
MBA (Sacrificial Greatspear): +10; 1d10+3 [Reach]

At-Will				Encounter			Daily
Focusing Strike(0)		4/4 Power Point			[ ] Implanted Suggestion
Energizing Strike(0,1,2)	[ ] Action Point		[ ] Specter of Doubt
Demoralizing Strike(0,1,2)	[ ] Second Wind
Impetuous Ruin(0,1,2)		[ ][ ] Ardent Surge
				[ ] Adept's Insight(0,1)
				[ ] Sympathetic Agony
				[ ] Enforced Competence

Item Powers
[ ] Sacrificial Greatspear +2 (Daily)
[ ] Amulet of Life +1 (Encounter)
[ ] Phylactery of Action (Encounter)

Racial Features/Class Features/Feats/Triggers
Ardent Outrage: Trigger: I am bloodied by an attack Effect: Each target grants
	CE USOMNT
Mantle of Elation: You and allies gain +3 bonus to OA damage rolls and +2 to
	Diplomacy and Intimidate
Martyr's Surge: When I am bloodied, Ardent Surge heals +1d6
Wind of Sympathy: Ally in Ardent Mantle can use Second Wind when I do

Look Around You fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jun 2, 2017

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Noriko

(entering at A12)

Noriko trembled at the doorway, trying to find the strength to move forward. "This... this is too much... i can't..." Her thoughts raced, her heart thumped in her chest as she felt the panic attack starting to come on. She tried to tune the phone out, but the ringing seemed to grow louder, gnawing at the corners of her sanity until she finally looked down at the screen. She hesitated, and then answered. "It's... It's you... isn't it?"

"I am Thou... And Thou art I... A humbling reminder, o totem of grief, to our inevitable end. Everything dies."

She spoke her name and stepped through the doorway. "Memento Mori!"

A coffin bursts from the ground in front of her, elaborately embellished in victorian style and padded with the finest velvet. A beautiful corpse in repose opens her dead eyes wide and steps forward ahead of her master. She deftly rolls a crystal orb across her hand with the grace of a conductor's baton, and in response the shadows seem to do her bidding, forming into ghostly shapes that tear at whatever they can get their hands on.

Winged Horde vs Will vs -E12, -E14, -C12, -D13: 4#1d20+9 19 28 24 10 1d6+1 6

(I need to do a lot of poo poo here and I hosed up on managing my time, sorry. I'll get a statblock up later today)

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

(Everybody's up! Next round Sunday Night!) (BTW please list Elemental Damage Type for Damage you deal.)

Assaults, assailed and annihilated, many of the Gossipers pop and the herd begins to thin. What remains is easily drawn to the sides of their gossip targets or defending marks. Three tear into Akio, one biting at his arm for 7 Damage before another follows up for a Critical 10 Damage, teeth sinking into his shoulder as its infernal gossip continues to whisper into his ear. "Helpless..." The other stray fish snap at Takashi, one bouncing off his ferocious aura... but the follow up snapping at his heels like a mad dog, dealing 8 Damage with a painful clamp. The remaining Gossiper misses Itsumi, swatted away on approach.

The class room is buffeted by waves of static as things begin to notice you. Something is approaching from the gap, highlighted by a sinister cycloptic eye giving off a red flare. Several more Gossipers pile out, emptying the cabinets and screeching their negative words into your ears. And drifting in behind Noriko, a wicked shade of a young girl brings a hand to her mouth and covers a ghostly giggle, watching the battle...She leans over and whispers into Noriko's ear suddenly, nothing but the sound of silence and impending dread coming from a head radiating pure coldness. A chill and a wave of dread(5 Cold Damage) washes over Noriko, instilling her with great anxiety... (20 Impending Necrotic Damage(Surge use or any bonus gained to Defenses cancels the Impending Damage.))

Gossipers begin to needle you about your insecurities and fears. "Should've died." "Loser... Ugly..." "Coward." "Fraud." "Freak... Weirdo..." "Won't be missed." "Burden... Disappointment..." Each Gossiper channeling reduces Defenses by 2!

: Your Soulshell connection broadcasts a reassuring voice! (<> is raw English.)"<My God!> Don't take any chances, you guys! If it's like the game, <seize the initiative>! You've got Supports, right?"

(It has been a few months, after all. Supports use your Fortune Points, you get 2 Fortune per Encounter, Fortune Points are only for Support Persona actions. Avatars don't conflict with Support Personas at all. List of Support Personas to date.)

13/20 (-A17), 14/20(-C12, No OAs) 8/20(-D13, Marked Akio) 20/20(-A15, Marked Akio)
+10 Attack, 1d4+4 Damage/Crit 10, +4 on OAs/Flanks

Young Lady: HP: 1/1 + 1/1, AC/F/R/W: 20/20/20/20
Minion(Dies in any 2 Hits)

Bully: HP: 65/65 AC/F/R/W: 23/22/24/22, +2 Defenses(Concealment)

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jun 3, 2017

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio / Ambrose

Akio winces in pain as the disgusting fish chomp down on him with their serrated teeth, though it doesn't hurt quite as bad as he thought it would, probably thanks to Itsumi's help. "I think we better start taking these guys seriously. Ambrose!" The silver blade of his avatar begins vibrating with power and with one precise slash the gossiper is knocked off his shoulder and sent spinning through the air.

"Alright, time to teach these jerks some manners. Hit it!" Akio's form fades as he teleports out of the pile gossipers surrounding him, appearing in the air a couple meters above Tsukiyo. As he falls down Ambrose appears in front of him, thrusting his sword down at the nearby gossiper and pins it to the ground where it bursts with a meaty pop. When the tip of the spellblade strikes the floor it makes a sharp ringing sound as a wave of bright silver light radiates outward from it, searing the nearby gossipers and slaying most of them outright. Faint silver particles are left suspended in the air in the wake of the radiant energy, sticking to the members of the party and warding them from harm. A transparent solid sphere appears around Akio as he lands on the floor. "And that's what you get for talking poo poo!"

Standard: Booming Blade vs Gossiper -E14 AC: 1d20+13 29, hit. 1d8+6+1 11 damage.
Move: Fey Step: Teleport to -B15. Eladrin Swordmage Advance: MBA as free action.
Free: Melee Basic Attack vs Gossiper -A16 AC: 1d20+13 33, crit! 15+(2d6=5) 20 damage. Gossiper -A16 is slain!
Fate: Rune of the Undeniable Dawn vs AC (Gossiper -E14, -D12, -D13, -A17, -A18, A14): 6#1d20+12 26, hit. 32, crit! 22, hit. 17, hit. 17, hit. 25, hit. 1d8+6+1 14 radiant damage. Gossiper -D12 was crit and takes 23 radiant damage. Gossiper -E14, -D12, -D13 and -A17 are slain!
Rune of the Undeniable Dawn: Creates a close burst 3 zone centered on -B15, which provides a +2 power bonus to all defenses for me and my allies. At the moment everyone but Itsumi should be encompassed in this zone. Lasts until EOMNT, sustain minor.
Minor: Shift my mark to A14, which is now the only enemy marked by me.
Rose King's Shield: Gain 10 THP.

pre:
HP: 51/60 (THP: 10)	AC:	25	Passive Insight: 15
Speed: 6		Will:	20	Action Points: 1
Languages: Common, Elven		Fortune Points: 2

Sword Burst		[ ] Fey Step			[X] Rune of the Undeniable Dawn (Fate)
			[X] Sword of Sigils		
Summoned Armor		[ ] Dimensional Vortex		
			[X] Armathor's Step
			[ ] Arcane Mutterings

Passives
Rose King's Shield: Once per turn gain THP when hitting an enemy with Booming Blade.
White Lotus Riposte: If an enemy I have hit with an arcane at-will attacks me they take 4 damage.

Ongoing

Magic Items
[ ] Bladed Bolter Bandolier. Waist. +1 AC, +1 Fortitude. (Daily, Free Action): Spawn a Bolter within Range 5.

Mamagnara (+9 vs Reflex. Close Burst 1. Deals 1d6+2 Acid Damage to all enemies and applies -2 AC/Fort UEONT.)
Bear Hug (+9 vs Fortitude. Melee. Deals 3 Physical Damage and Roots target USOMNT)

Social Stats
+1 Charm     (Dex/Cha)	— 
+0 Courage   (Str/Con)	— 
+1 Academics (Int/Wis)	— 

SoulShell

Sockerbagarn fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Jun 3, 2017

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Young Lady's impending damage to Noriko is cancelled!

6/20(A14, Mark Akio), 6/20(-A18)
+10 Attack, 1d4+4 Damage/Crit 10, +4 on OAs/Flanks

Young Lady: HP: 1/1 + 1/1, AC/F/R/W: 20/20/20/20
Minion(Dies in any 2 Hits)

Bully: HP: 65/65 AC/F/R/W: 23/22/24/22, +2 Defenses(Concealment)

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jun 3, 2017

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tsukiyo

"Here comes a big fellow! Guess I gotta take care of it!" Tsukiyo say as a roaring mechanical quadruped materializes behind her, sending out a bright laserbeam at the eye emerging from the abyss, luckily hitting grazing it and setting the newcomer on fire before she charges straight at it, slashing at it and going completely wide before doing a followup that cuts straight at the creature! "Brace yourselves!" She says while the runes on her Avatar start to glow, shielding her body!

Fortune Beaming the Bully. Iron Horse Beam: 1d20+9 24 Using Lucky Charm to add Lucky Charm: 1d6 5, making it hit his ref with 29. It deals Beam Damage: 2d4+1 5 Fire Damage, gives it Ongoing 2 Fire damage and It now has -2 defenses vs me!
Move and Standard: Charge to C-21 and striking the Bully Melee Charge vs AC: 1d20+15 17 gently caress that, using Action Point to make another MBA against it 1d10+19 25 Action Point MBA: 1d20+16 28 Damage.
Minor:Activating Stone's Endurance

pre:
Flagelo   						 
HP: 59/59 (6)	        AC:	21	Passive Insight: 15
Surges: 8/11 (V: 13)	For:	21	Passive Perception: 15
Speed: 5		Will:	15	Fortune Points: 1

[x] Stone's Endurance          [ ] Wildrunners
                        [x] [ ] Power Strike           [x] Lucky Charm
                        [ ] Ignore Weakness

Fate
Warding Flourish

Lifestealer Greatsword - Whenever you kill an enemy with this weapon you gain 6 THP
Resist 5 Radiant

Support Persona
Iron Horse (Hierophant)
Overwhelming Advance (vs Fort. Move up to 4 and Close Burst 1. All Creatures hit are pushed back 2 and take 2d4+1 Force Damage.)
Beam (9 vs Reflex. Range 8. Deals 2d4+1 Fire Damage and applies Ongoing 2 Fire(Save Ends.) 
As long as the Ongoing Effect persists target has -2 Defenses to You alone.)
Passive: Resist Lighting/Thunder 5
Weakness: Psychic

IRL Stats

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Kasaya Itsumi

Itsumi smirks upon the blow being deflected. After hopping out of Tsukiyo's way, she glances at her phone, jabbing at it a couple times with her finger. Sunbright appears before her again and thrusts her great spear right over Tsukiyo's shoulder and directly next to her head, a loud whooshing sound beating into her ear. The spear appears headed off course, but at the last second Itsumi presses another button on her phone, causing the spear to adjust course and land directly between the Bully's eyes with a bright flash, disorienting it. "Hehehe!" she giggles as she sees its eyes cross from the attack. "Come on guys, we got this!" she says confidently.

Standard: Impetuous Ruin (2) vs AC: 1d20+14 24 1d10+7 9 and Bully is dazed UEOMNT
Free: Adept's Insight (0) for +1 to Impetuous Ruin, making it a 25, turning it to a hit

pre:
Sunbright
HP: 53/53 (THP: 8)		AC:  24		Passive Insight: 13
Surges: 10/10 (V: 13)		Fort: 20	Passive Perception: 13
Initiative: +3			Ref:  17	Action Points: 1
Speed: 5			Will: 22	Vision: low-light
Languages: Common, Elven

Conditional Defenses/Resists
Polearm Expertise: +2 bonus to all defenses against charge attacks
Mind Hunter's Scale Armor +2: +2 item bonus to saves against daze, dominate and
	stun when I have at least 1 power point

Basic Attacks
MBA (Sacrificial Greatspear): +10; 1d10+3 [Reach]

At-Will				Encounter			Daily
Focusing Strike(0)		3/5 Power Point			[ ] Implanted Suggestion
Energizing Strike(0,1,2)	[ ] Action Point		[ ] Specter of Doubt
Demoralizing Strike(0,1,2)	[ ] Second Wind
Impetuous Ruin(0,1,2)		[ ][ ] Ardent Surge
				[x] Adept's Insight(0,1)
				[ ] Sympathetic Agony
				[ ] Enforced Competence

Item Powers
[ ] Sacrificial Greatspear +2 (Daily)
[ ] Phylactery of Action (Encounter)

Racial Features/Class Features/Feats/Triggers
Ardent Outrage: Trigger: I am bloodied by an attack Effect: Each target grants
	CE USOMNT
Mantle of Elation: You and allies gain +3 bonus to OA damage rolls and +2 to
	Diplomacy and Intimidate
Martyr's Surge: When I am bloodied, Ardent Surge heals +1d6
Wind of Sympathy: Ally in Ardent Mantle can use Second Wind when I do

Look Around You fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Jun 4, 2017

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

/

Classroom:

Standing beside his huge lava dog, Takashi points at the wounded fish that bit him. From atop .attak a spectral woman appears...

... and levels her staff at it. An icy dart pierces the creature, nearly killing it. The spirit digs her fingers into .attak's hide, letting out a sharp, "Ee-aaah!!" as he bounds forward over the desk, crashing down into the Gossiper next to Itsumi. Prefaced by a loud bark, the giant pup headbutts the fish-monster, sending it careening into the lurking monster, and into the pit. Overcome by all the excitement, .attak hops up and down, searching for someone else to play with.

• Fortune: Yomotsu-Shikome - Evil Touch vs Will (-A18): 1d20+12 17 1d6+1 5 necrotic damage
  • Move: to -B19, provoke on -A18, defenses are 26/25/23/20 for this.
  • Standard: Brutal Slam vs Fortitude (-B20): 1d20+14 23 2d12+7 16 damage
  • Free: Bloodclaw Weapon - take 2 damage, fish takes another 6 damage, which should kill it
  • Brutal Slam: -B20 Gossiper's corpse is pushed 2 into the Bully, who takes: Aftershock (Bully): 1d8+5 13 damage
  • Raging: Defender Aura drops
  • Free: Berserk Vitality, gain 14 THP (surge value)
  • Currently: Raging, Defense Set 2 - 22/23/21/18 - AC/FT/RF/WI

pre:
.attak    						 
HP : 47/57 (THP: 14)   Passive Insight    : 17    Defense Sets : AC/FT/RF/WI
Surges : 9/9 (V: 14)   Passive Perception : 22    1 Defend       24/23/21/18
Initiative : +6        Vision : Low-light         2 Raging       22/23/21/18
Speed : 8 (7)                                     3 Defend BL    26/23/21/18
Action Points : [1]                               4 Raging BL    24/23/21/18
Fortune Points : [1/2]

At Will               Encounter                Daily
Jarring Smash         [ ] Savage Cut           [ ] Life-Ending Strike
Run Down              [x] Brutal Slam          [ ] Feral Rampage
Vengeful Guardian     [ ] Dirty Deed           [ ] Avenging Flame (Fate)
Defender Aura         [x] Thri-Kreen Claws     [ ] Ignore Pain
                      [ ] Second Wind          [ ] Snarling Defiance
                      [x] Bloodclaw (Item)     [ ] Mask (Guilty Corpse, Item)

Passives:
Molten :     DR5 vs. Fire
Vitality :   DR3 vs. Necrotic
Overwhelm :  Attacks against slow/immob targets knock them prone
Defender :   Aura 1, -2 to attack rolls that don't include me
Guardian :   +2 AC when Defender Aura active
Raging :     Aura drops, gain +1d8 damage on at-wills
Blooded :    +2 AC/Saves when Bloodied
Heartless :  +2 attacks/damage for 1 turn after using Second Wind
Armed :      Once per turn, draw or stow as a free action
Leap :       Always considered to have a running start
Nap :        Gain benefits of extended rest after 4 hours

Persona:
Yomotsu-Shikome (Hermit)
Evil Touch (vs Will. Melee. Deals 1d6+1 Necrotic Damage to one target.)
Tarunda (vs Fortitude. Ranged 5. Target -2 Attack UEONT.)
Passive: Resist Necrotic 3
Weakness: Radiant

IRL:
Academics: +1  - ***
Charm: +1      - **
Courage: +1    - **

Mortify fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Jun 4, 2017

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Noriko // Memento-Mori

Noriko lets out a squeak of surprise at the creepy young lady suddenly popping up beside her. She reacts exactly as she would in the game, surprised to find her pvp cooldowns just as effective in their current environment as they were in the game world. Nimbling sliding away from danger, she summons her support persona, a gibbering orb to hack up poisonous bile onto the young lady, splattering her in the face. She switches focus to the closest gossiper, shadows surging towards it but failing to have any effect.

Move: orb of nimble thought, shift to -D 13
Fortune: Bile vs Young Lady (fortune) poison does 5 ongoing poison on hit: 1d20+8 20 1d2+1 2
Standard: Illusory Ambush vs Gossiper A-14 - will, psychic: 1d20+10 14 1d6+8 12

pre:
Memento-Mori   						 
HP: 43/43 (THP: 0)       AC:   20    Passive Insight: 13
Surges: 6 (V: 12)       For:  16    Passive Perception: 13
Initiative: +7   	 Ref:  19    Action Points: [1]
Speed: 6                 Will: 22    Vision: Darkvision
Languages: Common, Deep Speech

At Will			Encounter			Daily			Fortune [1/2]
One with Shadow     [ ] Templar's Fist              [ ] Phantom Chasm           [ ] Babble
Ghost Sound         [ ] Grasping Shadows            N/M Horrid Whispers         [1] Bile
Light               [ ] Maze of Mirrors             [ ] Visions of Avarice      Special
Mage Hand           N/M Shield                      N/M Tasha's Frcbl Conscrp   [ ] Swarm of Shadows
Prestidigitation    [ ] Moonstride                  [ ] Thought Eater     
Winged Horde        [ ] Orb of Deception
Illusory Ambush
                    [X] Orb of Nimble Thought
                    [ ] Second Wind
		    [ ] Emerald Eye
		    N/M Dispel Magic

Passives:
+1 to Push, Pull, and Slide effects caused by Memento-Mori
Can speak and understand Abyssal as long as Gem of Colloquy is equipped
Arcane illusion power hits give Mori combat advantage vs Target UEONT (or until save on save powers)
+2 damage on psychic powers
+2 on attacks that will inflict ongoing damage
Resist Psychic 5

Weakness to Poison and Radiant damage

Soul Shell
Charm 1 Courage 0 Academics 1

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jun 5, 2017

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

(Ah, finish this off by Wednesday Night, please! Going over some old stuff, going to increase the group's Support Persona Base Attack to +2 and make the Arcana Focus feat better. A reminder on Support Persona Attack rolls:)

quote:

All Attacks are made with Primary Ability Modifier + 1/2 Level Mod + 2 (Group Bonus) + Arcana Bonus (currently +1 to Devil, Empress, Temperance, Priestess.)

There's also a Feat available, Arcana Focus, that gives +1 Attack/Damage/Heal Values per Tier to Support Actions. Does not affect other buffs.

Takashi: Evil Touch probably should miss here, but not a big deal atm. Note Support Persona Attack rules above. Due to Executioner, you don't need to use your Bloodclaw Weapon to finish that Gossiper, or provoke from the dead one you move by.

Noriko: Damaged, then suffering the Ongoing Damage, the Young Lady fades away with a remorseful sigh, covering her face with her hands.

Tsukiyo: You charge the Bully, giving him a savage beating! The great impact of your dynamic blow shatters the floor beneath the two of you and carries you forward, dropping you and the Bully into the pit below for 6 Falling Damage.

Not properly executed, the Bully survives your flames with 2 HP!, thoroughly Bloodied! Rising in a vicious haze, the Bully's red light floods over its body as a brutal aura! It lunges at Tsukiyo and spears her through the shoulder and the side, following up with a raging rend! In total it deals 27 + 5 Physical Damage to her!

The remaining Gossipers unerringly drift towards nearby targets, those that have Marked them or those they are taunting. A pair flank and barely nip Akio once through his enhanced defenses(25 blocked by Aura!), the one lucky fish tearing into his arm for 8 Physical Damage! The other Gossipers drift to Takashi's side and tear at Itsumi from both sides, one seizing her hand and rending it back and forth like an angry piranha for 6 Damage!!

Tsukiyo and the Bully are 10 feet below the rest of the room.

6/20(-A15, Mark Akio)
+10 Attack vs AC, 1d4+4 Damage/Crit 10, +4 on OAs/Flanks

Bully: HP: 2/65 AC/F/R/W: 23/22/24/22, Bloodied, Dazed, Ongoing 2 Fire, -2 Defenses(Tsukiyo)
+14 Attack vs AC x2, 1d8+4
Cornered: Bullies stop fleeing when Bloodied and gain +4 Atk/Dam
Impaling Claws: If both melees hit, roll third attack for 2d6

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jun 5, 2017

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio / Ambrose

"Woah, Tsukiyo, watch out!" The loud crash distracts Akio for a split second but he notices the spherical shield around him flicker as a gossiper tries to chew through it. "Hey, stop that!" He smacks it away to get some space, then summons his new support persona Kuru. The short world bear raises its arms in the air and sends out a ring of acid, striking the nearby gossipers. Ambrose follows up with an overhead slash and the ugly fish are no more.

As soon as he's in the clear Akio rushes up to Itsumi and Takashi to cover them as best he can. He breathes a sigh of relief as he looks down the hole and finds that it wasn't as large of a drop as he first thought and that Tsukiyo was still standing.

Interrupt: Dimensional Vortex vs Gossiper (-D21) Will: 1d20+10 15, miss. Oh well, it's not like it got through Itsumi's temp hp anyway.
Fortune: Mamagnara vs Reflex (Gossiper -C15, -A15): 1d20+10 28, hit. 23, hit. 1d6+2 7 Acid Damage. -A15 dies, -C15 gets -2 AC/Fort UEOMNT.
Standard: Booming Blade vs Gossiper (-C15) AC: 1d20+13 20, hit. 1d8+6+1 12 damage. Gossiper (-C15) is executed.
Move: Walk to -B20
Minor: Mark Gossiper (-D21)
Rose King's Shield: Gain 10 THP.
Rune of the Undeniable Dawn: Not sustained, protective zone fades.

pre:
HP: 51/60 (THP: 10)	AC:	25	Passive Insight: 15
Speed: 6		Will:	20	Action Points: 1
Languages: Common, Elven		Fortune Points: 1

Sword Burst		[X] Fey Step			[X] Rune of the Undeniable Dawn (Fate)
			[X] Sword of Sigils		
Summoned Armor		[X] Dimensional Vortex		
			[X] Armathor's Step
			[ ] Arcane Mutterings

Passives

Ongoing

Magic Items
[ ] Bladed Bolter Bandolier. Waist. +1 AC, +1 Fortitude. (Daily, Free Action): Spawn a Bolter within Range 5.

Mamagnara (+10 vs Reflex. Close Burst 1. Deals 1d6+2 Acid Damage to all enemies and applies -2 AC/Fort UEONT.)
Bear Hug (+10 vs Fortitude. Melee. Deals 3 Physical Damage and Roots target USOMNT)

Social Stats
+1 Charm     (Dex/Cha)	— 
+0 Courage   (Str/Con)	— 
+1 Academics (Int/Wis)	— 

SoulShell

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

With the Shadows on the ropes, it'd be trivial to finish this battle!!!

After one explosion of attacks the remaining Gossipers and the Bully disperse. They leave behind a single tarot card, face down at the feet of the coffin. Flipping it over reveals the Six of Cups, which shimmers and vanishes to the sound of coins tinkling together. Examining the coffin, it reactively cleanses itself of the Gossiper's venom and turns translucent, a single red thread emerging from the girl within's chest and bouncing across the torsos of the five of you before extending to the room you just came from. With a ghostly shimmer the coffin vanishes, leaving behind a second face down tarot that reveals a fiendish trickster's image when examined.

: "Woah! We just got a new student in here! <Good job?> Hmm... are the others in danger? Senpai and a lot of our friends were down the hall!"

quote:

Six of Cups

600 Gold! Each!

Gurr (Moon)
According to Sri Lankan Buddhism, Gurr (or Gurulu) is an evil and carnivorous giant eagle that feeds on flesh. It is widely believed that Gurr is a demonization of the Hindu lesser deity Garuda as Sri Lankan Buddhism and Hinduism have been at odds in the past.
Zan-ei (vs AC. Melee. Deals 2d4+1 Physical Damage to one target. Damage Doubled during New Moon.)
Passive: Auto-Tarukaja (Grants +2 Damage to Self for first non-fortune attack made after Combat starts)
Passive: Raging Tiger (Grants +2 Attack if you are otherwise debuffing yourself)
Weakness: Radiant, Acid

(Anyone may swap their Personas presently, one time offer until next combat. Use Gurr, switch things up after our hiatus, etc.)

You help Tsukiyo out of the pit, there being some climbable debris and paneling left spilling into the pit on the Western side. The chest to the East doesn't have anything so obvious and simple to grab and in fact seems dangerously mashed together, large bits of rebar, shredded wood and random nails jutting out. Only 10 feet high, It may be Climbable but failure would hurt.(Advanced DC!)

Music

Takano and several other students went down the Western Hallway before your trip to the shadow realm.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Jun 6, 2017

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

/

Classrooms:

Battle over, Takashi makes sure everyone is okay, and joins the others in helping Tsukiyo out of the pit. "We'd better check on the other rooms. There are sure to be more of these creatures, and more of our classmates in these coffins."

Not wanting to lose the opportunity at this chest however, Takashi puts his physical skills on display. Getting a few feet of space, he takes a running leap across the chasm to land on the little island. Opening the chest, and collecting its contents for the group, he opens the door leading back south. "I'll meet everyone back where we started," he says cooly, trademark Takashi smile in full effect. Using the little room he has, he jumps back into the first classroom, stumbling only slightly on the lip of the chasm.

Once back in the room with Felix, and confronted with yet another pit, Takashi paces for a few minutes while he thinks through the problem. If the table by Felix is a single long table, he'll flip it over, and slide it to the gap, testing how far it crosses. If the table isn't a single piece, he'll look around for other ideas, admittedly a little distractedly.

• Leap : Takashi/.attak are always assumed to have a running start
  • Athletics: 1d20+20 40 - Orokos giveth
  • Athletics: 1d20+20 21 - and Orokos taketh away - but this result is still good enough to clear the smaller gap
  • Perception: 1d20+12 15

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Opening the chest reveals precious, precious loot:

quote:

Belt of Vim

A wide brown leather belt that fills you with manly vigor.

Passive: +1 Fortitude

The tables next to Felix are actually four desks lined up together. Felix cups his chin for a bit and watches Takashi check the desks, then begins cycling through his cell.

: "A bridge is a nice idea. If we could just fuse those desks together..." He looks perturbed. "Ah, all my attacks favor Acid..."

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tsukiyo

"Ugh, I got myself really scrapped up." Tsukiyo says as she's helped out from the debris. "We gotta help the others ASAP, can't we clear away the stairs from obstacles?."

Using a Surge to heal myself back to 50 HP

pre:
Flagelo   						 
HP: 50/59 (0)	        AC:	21	Passive Insight: 15
Surges: 10/11 (V: 13)	For:	21	Passive Perception: 15
Speed: 5		Will:	15	Fortune Points: 2

[ ] Stone's Endurance          [ ] Wildrunners
                        [ ] [ ] Power Strike           [x] Lucky Charm
                        [ ] Ignore Weakness

Fate
Warding Flourish

Resist 5 Radiant

Support Persona
Iron Horse (Hierophant)
Overwhelming Advance (vs Fort. Move up to 4 and Close Burst 1. All Creatures hit are pushed back 2 and take 2d4+1 Force Damage.)
Beam (9 vs Reflex. Range 8. Deals 2d4+1 Fire Damage and applies Ongoing 2 Fire(Save Ends.) 
As long as the Ongoing Effect persists target has -2 Defenses to You alone.)
Passive: Resist Lighting/Thunder 5
Weakness: Psychic

IRL Stats

[/quote]

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio

"Uh, I don't have any power that could fuse the desks together either, but doesn't that seem a bit overkill? I mean, we could just gather up a bunch of chairs and desks, stack them up and build a bridge to cross the gap. We just cleared out a classroom so we have lots of material to work with." Akio moves up to the gap and gives it a closer look. "Hmm. Yeah, it's kinda far but I think I should be able to bridge it. Worth a shot at least." He dashes off to the other side of the room and picks up a few chairs. "If you guys give me a hand moving everything that isn't nailed down over to the gap I'll start putting it together. We have to hurry and get over there in case senpai and the others are in trouble!"

Dungeoneering: 1d20+10 29 To build the bridge. Making use of the update to dungeoneering, practical knowledge of architecture seems applicable? Akio has made some baller pillow forts in his days so this should be a breeze.

I've already got a sweet belt, so I'll pass on the loot.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Noriko // Memento-Mori

Back in the main room, Noriko breaks off from the group to examine the cabinets and whatever is in square E5 on the map "hmm... i'm gonna see if there's anything useful."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Akio: Tossing a test chair down the chasm reveals it is significantly deeper than the pit in the other room. You do have an abundance of nails, at least. Making use of some excess material and proper applications of force let you hammer the desks together and produce a crude but reliably bridge.

Noriko: The device in E5 is a trash can. It's ridiculous thick and sturdy and could be stood on as a platform.

Inside the cabinet you find mundane school supplies arranged around a perfect cup of coffee.

quote:

Beginner's Mocha
A delightful little pick me up potion. Keep it handy for when the going gets tough, meow.
Consumable
Minor: Spend a Healing Surge. Regain 6 HP and gain +2 Defenses USONT.

The path to the West is now open!

---

The Western Hall has seen better days. Where the walls should be the floor stretches beyond it's usual confines and begins to break apart in sprawling branches of rot and debris, leaning towards an infinitely spanning black abyss where the path outside should be... where the path home should be, where the front door and lockers should be set. Further down the hall the tendrils of ground have stretched so far they've ruptured and simply jut up out of the darkness, erected on infinitely spanning pillars of wood and concrete, rebar spikes jutting out in random spirals.

Inside the nearest coffin you recognize one of Mitsugu Ryuka's moons... a bookish girl named Mutsumi. Her coffin is blocking a door but you should be able to relocate it and save her with a touch... the door behind her is closed and occasional a strange sound rises from it. Sounds like little *bings*

Another coffin sits on an extended bit of twisting, decaying construction.

Four doors down the hall ahead are spread out to pairings meant for classrooms, with an entrance in the front and in the back. A large bookshelf designed for community use and borrowing sits full of second-hand mangas, discarded magazines and ominously titled psychological manuals. Coping With Loss, Being Mortal, Accepting Death... they also join several crude mangas that focus on horrible things happening to innocent people.

The hall begins to twist and wrench itself apart as it stretches on far beyond what physical limits it had in reality. Another set of stairs exists but seems very difficult to reach. All terrain on line G is dangerous/unstable and requires Skills to balance and move along safely.

It feels like an intelligent creator is testing a willingness to face danger, mimicking Digital Devil World's tendency to place treasure beyond terrible risks in dungeons.

(Overview shot.)