Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wirth1000 posted:

Yeah that's why we invested in a full-blown production with numerous commentators and pit reporters with a large media presence because some guy is doing his rookie test. We're the overreacting ones clearly.

I like that it's drawn so much attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

We got six hours of Nando drive round the track. I'm going to swing by Costco later to try and get enough paper towels to clean the jizz stain off this ceiling.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I love how most of the people asking him questions during the presser after were local reporters. I'm sure he's used to people like Sky, Racer, Motorsport, etc, but not some random local joint.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Just seen the met gala pictures and Lewis managed to not look like a complete tit. He did however totally fail the theme of Rei Kawakubo/Comme des Garçons by wearing a fitted suit and adding Japanese accessories and shoes which did demonstrate an amusing lack of actual fashion knowlage.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Did learnincurve see the bird murder?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Norns posted:

Did learnincurve see the bird murder?

It wasn't a murder, it was only a pair

I know they weren't crows but let's pretend they were for the joke

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

We got six hours of Nando drive round the track. I'm going to swing by Costco later to try and get enough paper towels to clean the jizz stain off these pants.

:same::cumpolice:

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Please tell me someone good a good shot of alonsos bird *unreal tournament voice* double kill

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Powershift posted:

It wasn't a murder, it was only a pair

I know they weren't crows but let's pretend they were for the joke

They were not crows either.... I think

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I saw two crows brutally murdering a magpie on my walk home from work today, it was pretty awful.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Tsaedje posted:

I saw two crows brutally murdering a magpie on my walk home from work today, it was pretty awful.

Is this code for black people and rape?

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Randy Johnson did it better:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vgn1pjbYlw

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?

learnincurve posted:

Just seen the met gala pictures and Lewis managed to not look like a complete tit. He did however totally fail the theme of Rei Kawakubo/Comme des Garçons by wearing a fitted suit and adding Japanese accessories and shoes which did demonstrate an amusing lack of actual fashion knowlage.

I think it would benefit the thread if you could post some photos of Lewis. It would make this day even better.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Wirth1000 posted:

Is this code for black people and rape?

No, though they may have been rooks not crows, all corvids look the same to me

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ok, so. Mod post inbound.

I need your help. I'm going to be running a competition on the 28th regarding all three races, and I need a description of the Monaco GP (such as history, why it's important, etc) for the eventual thread OP. Best submission one will get featured in it (and perhaps some bonus points for it)! PM me, or if you don't have plat, quote this post with your submission. Thank you!

Also, the recent posts? :chloe: You know which ones I'm talking about.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Monaco: An annual parade with a lot of rich people who don't watch the race.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Monaco is important because you can watch it from a boat.

You're welcome.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
Monaco: Hot Tub Cam

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
I watched most of Alonso's testing and it was like the british media with a british driver. Was nice to see him happy for the time being, at least.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Alonso is Cool + Good

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Thanks Ants posted:

Alonso is Cool + Good

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Yo I'm hype as gently caress to watch Alonso win at his first attempt at Indy to nail home just how amazing he is and also how poo poo the competition is.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Wirth1000 posted:

Yo I'm hype as gently caress to watch Alonso win at his first attempt at Indy to nail home just how amazing he is and also how poo poo the competition is.

Everyone take notes: This post is Cool As gently caress.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Wirth1000 posted:

oh if he rocks up and wins the thing or gets up there I'll be laughing my rear end off

Max Verstappen came to Australia and had a go in a V8 Supercar. That's our national series. He didn't know how to heel and toe, because he's never driven fully manual cars fast. He is a lad of the paddles. So we put an F1 driver in our car and he didn't know how to drive it, we explained it to him but it's not something you can really pick up in an afternoon.

Alonso went to America..

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Cocaine ladies and gentlemen

Edit: can't loving spell

Norns fucked around with this message at 03:03 on May 4, 2017

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Tony Montana posted:

oh if he rocks up and wins the thing or gets up there I'll be laughing my rear end off

Max Verstappen came to Australia and had a go in a V8 Supercar. That's our national series. He didn't know how to heel and toe, because he's never driven fully manual cars fast. He is a lad of the paddles. So we put an F1 driver in our car and he didn't know how to drive it, we explained it to him but it's not something you can really pick up in an afternoon.

Alonso went to America..

A Stock/Touring car is significantly and markedly different to an Open Wheel racer.
There are differences between Indycar and F1, but they're not even remotely within the realm of magnitude of difference between F1 and V8.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Also it was rookie orientation.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Your posts are very bad, and I recommend doing less cocaine, so your posting improves.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I really can't stress enough how much you belong in the Australia GBS thread Tony.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I would like to point out a Hollywood stunt driver named Slick Racin' Gardner also passed Indy Rookie Orientation and qualified for the race.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Max not knowing how to heel'n'toe downshift is really weird.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I know right. The Aussie drivers were looking at him like he was taking the piss. No really, I come from a time where double clutching and learning the intricacies of making a H pattern work at speed isn't really relevant to being a top racing driver. Feel old?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Wirth1000 posted:

Max not knowing how to heel'n'toe downshift is really weird.

It's not relevant in most modern racing, and you definitely aren't doing it in open wheel.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

It hasn't been relevant for about 20 years other than stock car categories stuck in the stone age.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Norns posted:

It's not relevant in most modern racing, and you definitely aren't doing it in open wheel.

I could have sworn that the more junior single seaters like Formula Ford were still manual but I just checked and even that switched to a sequential transmission in 2012. Dang.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

I was also upset when I heard that children no longer know how to use a rotary telephone or use a butter churn.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

He probably can't drive a dogbox or use his ignition timing or fuel mixture knobs either. :argh:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Cactrot posted:

I was also upset when I heard that children no longer know how to use a rotary telephone or use a butter churn.

lmbo

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

It's cool you can heal toe but he's a f1 driver and you aren't. So :jerry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Ok?

• Locked thread