Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
I bought the first two TiTS but haven't ever gotten around to playin them but still buying this soon as I get outta work

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Terper posted:

Behold! THE MOST POWERFUL FORCE IN THE UNIVERSE!

Erika's such a fruitcake. :P

Neat little detail in the prologue...the guy freaking out on the deck named Aldan is actually from Liberl. He was that airship spotter in FC and SC who was travelling all across the country during the second game in an attempt to take a picture of the Arseille, only to keep missing it. Guy's luck hasn't improved. ;)

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Hahaha. Yeah, there isn't a book series to collect anymore.

So instead Xseed made one and put them in as chest messages :devil:

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016

Cyouni posted:

From what I recall, the rewards aren't so amazingly good that it's worth holding off a few hours for, are they?

Basically I'm hoping my B-rank save (just a few short) is good enough.

The amount of sepith you get is dependent on your SC rank. Also you get two accessories for having A-rank and only one for B-rank. They're not amazingly good (since you have a very quick recharging CP refill in your base), but they're fairly helpful earlygame since some turn bonus are really nasty when they're used on you.

Also this doesn't have to do with your SC save rank, but if in SC you got Tita's Cannon Impulse F, it will be transferred to the 3rd as well.

Terper posted:

Hahaha. Yeah, there isn't a book series to collect anymore.

So instead Xseed made one and put them in as chest messages :devil:

There are still books to collect

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

RegalStar posted:

Also this doesn't have to do with your SC save rank, but if in SC you got Tita's Cannon Impulse F, it will be transferred to the 3rd as well.

Oh. Crap.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Same. I don't think I got that in my SC game either. Oh well not going back for it.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen
Oh I got it in mine, but not max BP. Hope the Steam save has it.

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016

havenwaters posted:

Same. I don't think I got that in my SC game either. Oh well not going back for it.

It's not terribly important anyhow. Helpful to use on early-game sepith bonus turns but once she gets her Moon Door 1 part 2 craft she will have no use for S-crafts or arts any more.

Saralene
Feb 17, 2011

Developer, Gamer, and
apparently, Vtuber

The question of life is not,
"Are you a catgirl?"
but rather, it is in fact,
"Are you a catgirl yet?"

RegalStar posted:

It's not terribly important anyhow. Helpful to use on early-game sepith bonus turns but once she gets her Moon Door 1 part 2 craft she will have no use for S-crafts or arts any more.

Depends. She actually makes a great backup healer in a pinch in certain situations. Particularly on higher difficulties, actually. You can't do that while using the Moon Door bonus.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Did Erika imply she sent a robot to try and kill Agate?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

RegalStar posted:

There are still books to collect

You mean someone went on the internet and told me a fib? Shameful.

Also, Chapter 1 done. :toot:

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016

Terper posted:

Well, it's a lot easier than Carnelia or Gambler Jack for sure. The timing is a lot more relaxed, and since there aren't many NPCs in the place, there are limited places where books can logically go. Correspondingly though, the reward for collecting them is a lot less lucrative.

Saralene
Feb 17, 2011

Developer, Gamer, and
apparently, Vtuber

The question of life is not,
"Are you a catgirl?"
but rather, it is in fact,
"Are you a catgirl yet?"

Terper posted:

There are no obtainable books to collect, but if you read every book in the Garden when/while they're available, you get a reward.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

has anyone experienced sorta stuttery graphics and been able to fix it?

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

You mean like having some of the glowing effects flash in and out in an odd way? I've had that, no idea on how fix it though.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

nah it just feels like a frame skips everyone in a while and everything sorta stutters

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i assumed it was something related to vsync but i haven't actually checked if disabling that fixes it yet

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

nah it just feels like a frame skips everyone in a while and everything sorta stutters

Are you running around with a g-sync monitor? I had that issue in SC until I disabled G-sync. Music and sound would stutter too.

edit: Basically Game engine and/or g-sync didn't gracefully handle the monitor's refresh rate changing rapidly down to the 40s or whatever jumping through 4 or 5 refresh rate steps when loading a new area sometimes before shooting back up to 120hz/144hz.

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 23:35 on May 3, 2017

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

people were saying mess with the hardware vertex shading if you get stutters

XainZero
Feb 16, 2011

The gralsritter notebook just casually spoils everyone who will be in your party if you didn't already know.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

actually started playing and i was getting constant little stutters too but some combination of making it normal full screen instead of borderless, setting the framerate to automatic, and turning on vsync fixed it

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

lets hang out posted:

actually started playing and i was getting constant little stutters too but some combination of making it normal full screen instead of borderless, setting the framerate to automatic, and turning on vsync fixed it

it works if I use normal full screen and no vsync, but then i get screen tearing

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Oh my, it's Ellie and Armand :3:

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
I know we're all TitS3 right now but has there been any word on the PC release date for ToCS yet or is it still "Summer"?

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I think "Summer" is all we know so far, yeah

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
How's the difficulty in TitS 3rd? I played FC and SC on normal just fine, but really, really enjoyed ToCS 1 and 2 on hard. I know the big complaint about FC and SC's hard modes is that they were just a blanket modifier to HP/ATK values for enemies, but I was wondering if 3rd was a bit more balanced like ToCS's hard modes.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

hamburgers in pockets posted:

How's the difficulty in TitS 3rd? I played FC and SC on normal just fine, but really, really enjoyed ToCS 1 and 2 on hard. I know the big complaint about FC and SC's hard modes is that they were just a blanket modifier to HP/ATK values for enemies, but I was wondering if 3rd was a bit more balanced like ToCS's hard modes.

its the same deal as FC/SC (i mean i think all the hard modes are just modifiers, CSs are just taken into account when designing instead of a psp bonus). the good news is that it's harder then SC again so most people seem to say normal is about as hard if not more so then Hard in CS/CS2

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016
It's higher than most of FC/SC, but it doesn't have anything like the brick wall that is SC prologue.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I nearly wiped on the chapter 1 boss which is a first for me in the sky trilogy.

Also this game does more for Tita in one hour than FC/SC did in two whole games.

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at 01:24 on May 4, 2017

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Well so far so good. No technical issues noted besides what may have been the Lusitania's name stuttering slightly when it showed up. Only just started Chapter 1. Ries is great.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

I like how one of the chest message specifically refers to 'Skip S-Craft'.

Also I find it highly irritating that I have to wait to see the second part of that Tita cutscene.

Edit: That chapter 1 boss was not as hard as advertised. Surprise extra forms really threw me off, though.

Cyouni fucked around with this message at 03:40 on May 4, 2017

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

rip in advance agate

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Zaggitz posted:

Also this game does more for Tita in one hour than FC/SC did in two whole games.

I wasn't expecting this much more stuff for her, I'm really enjoying it.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I have to wonder if they maybe intentionally made her a character you'd be less inclined to use and worked it into her scenes here.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

Oh dear, there's two different sets of stories inside the chests. One's 36 parts, and another's 12. That 1/36 doesn't look to fit with the other parts I've found, though...

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Spoke too soon about bugs. The monument checkpoint after the first moon door is flickering. Was it flickering for anyone else, doesn't seem like it's supposed to do that since the floor beneath it was flickering before I activated it.

edit: video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnuweeHZE0A It's not like it's anything major but it is kinda weird, noticed a couple other people have it on steam but it's only been this monument for them so far.

edit 2: Okay seems to happen only in widescreen aspect ratios and the glowing galaxy in the bottom near a teleporter also flickers. So far it's only been this one room.

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 04:45 on May 4, 2017

hepcat
Jan 21, 2004
"Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos..."
I bought a mini-laptop last fall solely for Tits 3rd. Download complete, hope it works!

Edit: Windowed mode is way too small on my mini-laptop and the screen is displayed vertically instead of horizontally when I turn windowed mode off. Is there a setting under the Display tab in the Configuration screen that can fix this?

Edit #2: Never mind, I found a resolution that fixed it.

hepcat fucked around with this message at 05:08 on May 4, 2017

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

IMPORTANT TIP: Pay attention to your reserve bonus. Don't go into a boss fight with say.... -DEF

I almost died to the 2nd chapter boss because of this it was very embarrassing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Did anybody beat Mueller In the Mueller/Julia Star Door? Wondering if there's a bonus reward for it. I got real close but he chumped me at the last moment :(