Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

How much is Daredevil S2 fixed if there are a lot more ninjas on the roof and Punisher mows a lot of them down with a minigun?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Dan Didio posted:

I didn't dislike the Hand or The Punisher stuff in Season 2, I just didn't think they knew how to end either, or how to draw both stories together.

I've said before in TVIV, DDS2 felt like two halves of two separate seasons that got awkwardly jammed together.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Every episode of Daredevil season 2 is better than the previous one, except for the last two.

It has some very strong build-ups and arcs, but it really does seem like they had no idea how to end the two major season arcs in the same episode and still keep a hook for season 3.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
It's got a sort of three-act structure, where Punisher is the main thing in act one (the first four episodes which end with Daredevil taking him in after he finishes off the Irish mobsters) and act two (Frank Castle going on trial and getting thrown in the clink) with the Hand/Elektra/ninjas as the B-plot, but then they swap around in act three, sort of split off in different directions and it's less interesting.

In DD season one, I think most of the separate plots came together a bit better than they managed in season two.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Full trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h3m7B4v6Zc

The Defenders: Back to the Hallway

e: is the forum font different?

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
First Defenders trailer:

https://youtu.be/4h3m7B4v6Zc

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Sigourney Weaver lookin' good.

Not sure if I should admire their restraint in not putting any plot in the trailer or be annoyed.

But it looks like it has the potential to be really good.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
finally

the ur hallway fight

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Oh awesome, that scene where Matt interrupts Jessica's interrogation is exactly how she met Matt in the comics. Now all I need is a throwaway line about how "that crawly insect guy is nowhere to be found" or something, and the show will be complete.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Not surprising given that they already ordered a full season of scripts, but Runaways has been officially been ordered to series at Hulu.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2017/05/03/handmaids-tale-marvel-runaways-hulu/101224912/

Tiger
Oct 18, 2012

And you, who are you? This is what we've got, yes. What are you going to make of it?
Fun Shoe
Just finished watching iron fist. I don't know poo poo about martial arts and apparently don't have an eye for action scenes in general, since I wasn't bothered by the action at all. I mean, it didn't excite me either, but it was okay.

Most people here seem to think the back half was better than the first half, and I sort of agree, though they sort of lost my interest for the last two episodes. That might be that I was home from work sick when I watched them, though.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Tiger posted:

Just finished watching iron fist. I don't know poo poo about martial arts and apparently don't have an eye for action scenes in general, since I wasn't bothered by the action at all. I mean, it didn't excite me either, but it was okay.

Most people here seem to think the back half was better than the first half, and I sort of agree, though they sort of lost my interest for the last two episodes. That might be that I was home from work sick when I watched them, though.

I'm finally getting caught up and I felt the same as you, I thought it was pretty level. I also liked all of Luke Cage, though I've been watching stuff at work on my night shifts so I'm probably being pretty forgiving with stuff

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Runaways Teaser

https://twitter.com/JackRicofficial/status/859771894932926466

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Klungar posted:

How much is Daredevil S2 fixed if there are a lot more ninjas on the roof and Punisher mows a lot of them down with a minigun?

This is where I thought it was going and it would've been so much better.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Dan Didio posted:

I didn't dislike the Hand or The Punisher stuff in Season 2, I just didn't think they knew how to end either, or how to draw both stories together.

Cythereal posted:

I've said before in TVIV, DDS2 felt like two halves of two separate seasons that got awkwardly jammed together.

This is basically my opinion of it. I liked both pieces, but they didn't fit well together and the ending was meh.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Klungar posted:

None because Punisher is one of my least favorite characters. I don't dislike him as much as I dislike Squirrel Girl or Matt Fraction's Hawkeye say, but even Hulk and Thor are better to me.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

None because Punisher is one of my least favorite characters. I don't dislike him as much as I dislike Squirrel Girl or Matt Fraction's Hawkeye say, but even Hulk and Thor are better to me.

Humbug indeed.

Well that Runaways trailer does actually assuage my fears a bit, though I don't know if I can keep from fanboy complaining about this one, it's one of the books that actually got my collecting.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Regardless of how you feel about the character, it would make for a way better climax than him just picking off two random ninjas and peacing out after an atrociously shot and choreographed fight scene. As it stands Daredevil and Elektra are freaking out about how outnumbered they are, but then they go out and each ninja just clumsily comes at them one at a time so they're fine.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I was really down with the Punisher stuff in Daredevil and liked how it was handled until the final episode where suddenly Punisher and Daredevil are cool with each other for reasons. The flip to mystical poo poo with ninjas and Elektra just seemed so out of place with the way the season was going, and the fact that it was so jarring is what took me out of the show to the point that I would just tune out anything that had to do with "secret weapons". It was a shame because I felt that they could have introduced Elektra in the show (with an Elektra vs Punisher story arc even) without having to go with a stupid "chosen one" storyline.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Runaways is already a relationship drama filled YA book so it's not like they can CW-ify it much more.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

My favorite thing about the second half of DDs2 is people bitching that the Hand was ripping off TMNT.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Klungar posted:

Probably a bunch. Ending on a wet fart of a finale like that just sucks a bunch of the good will from the rest of the season. It was almost pathetic how badly rushed and slapped together it felt.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Aphrodite posted:

Runaways is already a relationship drama filled YA book so it's not like they can CW-ify it much more.

They can take all the whimsy out and add a bunch of scenes where people just look at each other meaningfully while bad music plays instead of talking or doing things.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

I've said this before, but the Hand storyline in DDS2 at least felt like the showrunners got the Defenders gig midway through writing the season, and decided to just shunt some of the Hand plot points they had planned over to that series and stall in the meantime.

Anyway, Runaways is the opposite of Inhumans for me, in that I'm glad the movie was canned because it's better suited to TV anyway.

Barry Convex fucked around with this message at 18:14 on May 3, 2017

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I really like Elodie Yung as Elektra so I liked the second half. Also DD should fight hordes of ninjas every day. They should jump out of his coffee tin every morning.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Barry Convex posted:

I've said this before, but the Hand storyline in DDS2 at least felt like the showrunners got the Defenders gig midway through writing the season, and decided to just shunt some of the Hand plot points they had planned over to that series and stall in the meantime.

To me it felt more like someone in the cast (coughElodieYungcough) had scheduling issues so they had to shoot a bunch of the scenes of the final episodes in a huge rush, which is why the fight choreography suddenly goes to poo poo as well as the story beats kinda feeling jumbled and rushed. Like that final rooftop fight is by far the worst fight in any of the Marvel Netflix shows that isn't Iron Fist.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

So was anyone surprised by the plot twist of the Flash last night?

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Aphrodite posted:

They could ignore my favorite character beats because "it just wouldn't work for a TV show". When I think of CW-ifying something it's more than just focusing on relationship drama too much it's a lower budget and lazy sets/dialog/direction/cinematography/etc. I like the CW shows enough and I commend them for their efforts in creating their own comic book corner in tv land but some stories deserve a little more effort.
Marvel's YA TV is looking more artfully shot at least, so that's a start.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

ToastyPotato posted:

Not entirely, I've been half following the show this season and I guessed it would've been the Flash that got erase from the timeline when Barry went full retard and created Flashpoint. So I was half right.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

ToastyPotato posted:

HAHAhahahHahahahahHaaHAhhahahaha.

No.

That was straight up projected bs. It is kind of hilarious how Arrow and Flash went two different routes with their villains reveal. Arrow revealed the identity of their villain mid way through and it was kind of a swerve of a reveal, while Flash dragged it out as long as possible that I just stopped caring and would have accepted anyone, no matter how unbelievable, as the villain because who cares anyway.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Yeah the impact of the reveal was kind of lost because Barry fucks with time so casually that it's like, oh, ok I guess. It could have been really cool but meh.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ToastyPotato posted:

For like half a second when they kept reflecting on the "future" line, I thought it miiiight be Thawne again but then nope it was my first guess.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

It's been a while since I read Runaways but everything in that trailer looks like it came right from the pages of the comic. It looks way more faithful than I would have ever expected.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

X-O posted:

It's been a while since I read Runaways but everything in that trailer looks like it came right from the pages of the comic. It looks way more faithful than I would have ever expected.

Til we get to Skrull girlfriend, Ultron Jr, and Teen Heros Anonymous which will probably all need to be changed a bit.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Yeah I'm curious how they're going to do Victor, here. We know they can namedrop Ultron all they like, but without James Spader and a bunch of CGI, it's not like they're gonna be able to do the reveal the way the comics did.

Well...actually, they might be able to finagle Spader in for a voice session if they really want to.

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

BrianWilly posted:

Well...actually, they might be able to finagle Spader in for a voice session if they really want to.

It's not as though he's above a tv gig.

I think Runaways will genuinely suffer if it isn't part of the larger continuity in ways that (for example) New Warriors wouldn't. I actually kind of wish it was the former on Freeform and the latter on Hulu, to be honest.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

X-O posted:

I'm on board as long as Old Lace is in it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Goddamn that Nirvana remix in the Defenders trailer gives me all sorts of the right chills.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I'm on board as long as Old Lace is in it.

Molly has a silly hat, so I was sold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

NBC is a Hulu partner, right? Maybe they'll loan them Spader's voice.