Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Oh boy, here I go posting again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

Halloween Jack posted:

I'm very fond of the word "ghoul." It describes a wide range of people, from columnists to businessmen to policymakers, who essentially make their living furthering an ideology that's literally driving the human race toward extinction.

chud is also good i feel, for a less refined or upper class version of same

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Serf posted:

morlocks

no the morlocks are the proletariat

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
You don't really get to say what is and isn't sexist/homophobic unless your skin is in the game, then you have a vote toward the general consensus.

As far as poo poo like "cocksucker" and stuff goes, the intimation is that a person who sucks cock is some kind of bad person in a way, and solely for that reason, which pretty clearly falls into homophobia when directed at a man, look at the poo poo Colbert is getting right now.

At the end of the day you can self-crit and adjust or just keep on doing you, but don't be shocked when people put you on blast for not keeping up with cultural norms.

And as demonstrated here in the last half page; there are so many more fun words that ain't nobody can take offense to, get creative.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
calling someone a word is usually a bad insult anyway

the key is to find a trait that they possess and make them feel self-conscious and bad about it

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I always thought the term "butthurt" was because the person in question got their butt kicked. hmmm I learned something, maybe?

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

professional swine bather
list of acceptable words:
turd
garbage
crap
poopoo
peepee
penis
doodoo
fart
butt

list of unacceptable words:
"N Word"
human being
bitch
"C Word"
butt munch
butt hurt
cocksucker
retard
stupid
moron
crazy
insane
unhinged
crippled
autistic
sperg

i hope this helps

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Mods change his name to insult_sanitizer

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

GalacticAcid posted:

the key is to find a trait that they possess and make them feel self-conscious and bad about it

Like autism?

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
as a worthless cripple I hereby sanction cripple as an insult for the chapo thread go with god

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

professional swine bather

cat doter posted:

as a worthless cripple I hereby sanction cripple as an insult for the chapo thread go with god

same, but for the n-word

Serf
May 5, 2011

cat doter posted:

normally i would contest this, but gently caress it

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
i'm glad a bunch of white dudes on the internet finally managed to get to the bottom of which words are offensive and which words arent

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Wait you guys are white!?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Cocksucker is phonetically the greatest swear word of all time

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

Cocksucker is phonetically the greatest swear word of all time

Deadwood's enduring legacy

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

I reckon scatological and sexual insults work because they unite us with the reminder that we're all stuck in these disgusting cages of flesh and bone. All calling you a cocksucker really means is that you've got a mouth.

Saying Trump's sucking Putin's dick on the other hand is using implied homophobia to denigrate him and should be condemned as such.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

Serf posted:

normally i would contest this, but gently caress it

do not worry friend I was making a humourous joke

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
The fact that almost all insults in all languages are about making GBS threads, pissing, cumming and being an idiot tells you basically everything you need to know about the human condition.

Lurks Morington
Aug 7, 2016

by Smythe
I feel like it's up to you how much social conscious thought you put into your vernacular. I hang out with pretty working class people who don't have the same sort of consciousness as the people I know from school, and while I sometimes bristle at poo poo they say, I don't really hold it against them. You don't have to go along to get along.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

It's kind of cool that the relatively academic Chapo boys go with the problematic language while the Street Fight guys remain mindful and considerate in their language. I guess it's cause Chapo is basically just a show about dissing people while Street Fight concerns itself largely with talk about the happiness (or lack there-of) of middle-American proles.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

cheapo ruth chris steakhouse

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
I think the problem with the Colbert thing was because it was really just an example of a larger trend of joking about the Putin/Trump relationship as a gay one. If the comment was just a one off thing I don't think anyone would give a poo poo, just like when people were saying Blair/Obama's lips were wrapped firmly around the shaft of the US/Israel. Really calling someone a cocksucker to describe a relationship in which they're beholden to another party to the detriment of others is pretty common but in his taken into the greater context of homophobic shitlibs it is pretty unnerving.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Liberals saying "Putin and Trump are gay lol" is basically their version of the maga chuds trying to "trigger" libs.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
i dunno, i mean it's fair to say trump so heavily admires putin that he'd be more than happy to take putin's penis in his mouth and lovingly tease around the glans and down the shaft in a rhythmic fashion which slowly builds to a thunderous crescendo in which putin erupts in a flurry of jism every drop of which trump dutifully laps up like a thirsty laborador retriever

i don't think it's gay or anything i think trump just really thinks putin's a cool dude

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/chapotraphouse/status/859900358629437440

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The Muppets On PCP posted:

i dunno, i mean it's fair to say trump so heavily admires putin that he'd be more than happy to take putin's penis in his mouth and lovingly tease around the glans and down the shaft in a rhythmic fashion which slowly builds to a thunderous crescendo in which putin erupts in a flurry of jism every drop of which trump dutifully laps up like a thirsty laborador retriever

i don't think it's gay or anything i think trump just really thinks putin's a cool dude

honestly as someone who kinda really fuckin hates the whole 'lol homophobes are gay' thing if it just turned into this weird twitter style 'no man there's nothing GAY about being a cock holster I'm just saying that's what real dudes do with guys they think are neat' I'd 100% be behind it.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
straight dudes suck cock all the time

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

The Muppets On PCP posted:

Trump likes to drink Russian piss.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Is there a list of irony dudes and serious columnist chuds who I should be following on twitter to get the full second screen experience for this podcast?

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
are those videos new lol

e; month old, whatever. the successwin one is great

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

CaptainJuan posted:

are those videos new lol

e; month old, whatever. the successwin one is great

they were interspersed throughout one of the election night videos

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

I don't like seeing Felix talk because it reminds me that somebody who looks like him also sounds like him, and it's just loving disturbing.

Edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKDLnikpcPA&t=139s

I'm so loving bothered that somebody in the public eye just referenced a SA moderator from a decade ago.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m fucked around with this message at 01:09 on May 4, 2017

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I don't like seeing Felix talk because it reminds me that somebody who looks like him also sounds like him, and it's just loving disturbing.

It's very weird when he posts selfies because he looks like me if I went through the super soldiers program and was more obviously Jewish.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I'm so loving bothered that somebody in the public eye just referenced a SA moderator from a decade ago.

Wait what?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

Liberals saying "Putin and Trump are gay lol" is basically their version of the maga chuds trying to "trigger" libs.

be fair, it did seem to trigger a lot of Trump fans

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

Those guys get triggered when a cup didn't have a Christmas tree on it

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Guy Goodbody posted:

yea but there are easier/better/more funny ways to do it, like emailing their wife or disrespecting their SUV, there's no need to basically go 'yea man I agree, gays are gross! AND YOU ARE ONE!!!'

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Nobody on the left is saying that gays are gross. They're saying that both Putin and Trump think gays are gross and yet they partake in gay acts with each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
You can't say moron or idiot because that's old school retarded.