Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

cams posted:

i am at war with people on the mho forums trying to turn it into the glorified progressive clicker game that mhpc became. game actually has a good difficulty curve and they wanna whine and complain about it and ask for teamups.

i will be a crusader against teamups

Who cares about teamups AKA Diablo henchmen, how would that change anything besides allowing Z-tier heroes to do things in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

please do not engage with cams on his holy crusade, we will kick you outside the city walls if he decides you need to be burned

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Team-ups were a mistake and then they patched them to also be completely interchangeable outside of the ones who put down a buff or the one who does the most damage. The game is better off without them, especially with couch co-op.

Degs
Mar 2, 2014

They got rid of team-ups?

YO WHAT THE gently caress, IT WAS IMPORTANT BROULSON WAS THE BEST

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Degs posted:

They got rid of team-ups?

YO WHAT THE gently caress, IT WAS IMPORTANT BROULSON WAS THE BEST

They're not in the console game, they're not going anywhere from the PC one.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Counterpoint: team ups are cool.

sgbyou
Feb 3, 2005

I'm just a shadow in the light you leave behind.

I would give up all of the team-ups for a playable Falcon. :colbert:

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Favorite bug chat: I liked how when Doom tried to pick something up with a full inventory he'd taunt Wolverine.

Jusupov posted:

If you're on windows 10 creators update and still log in you might have noticed that the game doesn't close anymore. It also puts large dumps in your game dir

Delete the whole game to get rid of the issue or go to \steamapps\common\Marvel Heroes\UnrealEngine3\Binaries\Win64 and flush the dumps

This has been happening forever. I uninstalled awhile ago and found like 40 gigs of this poo poo on my SSD.

Ghostlight posted:

^^^ That's one reason why they were removed. They (supposedly) have always worked, but +50% of a 0.1% chance is still just 0.15%.
Those weren't bugs so much as a great idea (let people buff their friends! We'll sell more buffs!) that wasn't thought out in the slightest (oh god people have more than two friends and them being in one place is killing the servers)

I mean, that's 1/667 instead of 1/1000 :shrug:

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 00:23 on May 4, 2017

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Lechtansi posted:

Oh man, I remember getting to wave 100+ with strange. How did that bug work? He had some sort of minion and every time you re summoned it, its damage would go up?

yeah each projection you summoned increased the damage bonus all the projections got by like 10% or whatever

only problem was gaz forgot to reset that damage bonus to 0% when you unsummoned them

so we'd sit there for several minutes summoning up all 5 then dismissing and repeating, eventually you end up with 10000000% damage bonus and each homing dagger they shot out would one shot anything, many wave 100+ x-defs were achieved

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The Moon Monster posted:

I mean, that's 1/667 instead of 1/1000 :shrug:
Yeah, Gaz's comments were basically "it's statistically meaningful, but as far as players are concerned nothing appears to be happening" which is why they swapped to a system where a bar fills and then you get a loot sploosh.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Victis posted:

Who cares about teamups AKA Diablo henchmen, how would that change anything besides allowing Z-tier heroes to do things in the game

henchmen go away in multiplayer, and teamups in mh have waaaaaaay more impact on combat than henchmen did. teamups are objectively bad for the game if the goal is to have challenging, scaling difficulties

gonna start throwing people who want teamups in camps

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
I find that hard to believe given everyone wanted the desert mercs for the various Paladin Auras. Nothing anything of the Team ups bring is anywhere near that-the closest might be Firestar and her shield. And if they do disappear in multi, then the point is moot anyway. They can't provide anything if they're locked out.

With all the changes and things they've been through, they've not truly brought much to the table other than extra stashing space.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Bloodly posted:

I find that hard to believe given everyone wanted the desert mercs for the various Paladin Auras. Nothing anything of the Team ups bring is anywhere near that-the closest might be Firestar and her shield. And if they do disappear in multi, then the point is moot anyway. They can't provide anything if they're locked out.

With all the changes and things they've been through, they've not truly brought much to the table other than extra stashing space.
oh yeah diablo 2 mercs became integral to some builds, i was more referring to d3 exclusively, cause they are trying to steal the sliding difficulty concept from that.

if i HAD to have teamups, i would limit them to story mode and terminals, keep them out of the modes that have automated grouping like patrols and xdef. force them into passive mode.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Moon Monster posted:

Favorite bug chat: I liked how when Doom tried to pick something up with a full inventory he'd taunt Wolverine.

This has been happening forever. I uninstalled awhile ago and found like 40 gigs of this poo poo on my SSD.

On the plus side you get a ton of free space after a couple of games. :v:

Seriously why can the game at least quit properly now?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

cams posted:

henchmen go away in multiplayer, and teamups in mh have waaaaaaay more impact on combat than henchmen did. teamups are objectively bad for the game if the goal is to have challenging, scaling difficulties

It's not.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

kidna sucks on ps4 local co op how you get 50% exp. already taking forever to kill poo poo by level 8 since everything is red difficulty.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

squirrel girl owns.

what heroes are top tier? where should i toss my first 4-600 splinters

cams
Mar 28, 2003

queeb posted:

squirrel girl owns.

S-Tier: She-Hulk, Spider-Man with Cosmic items
A-Tier: Deadpool, Hulk, Iron Fist, Iron Man
B-Tier: Hawkeye, Luke Cage, Spider-Man without Cosmic items, Thor

my list of people i've played so far

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
My easiest time clearing story, naked on Heroic was definitely Captain Marvel. I'd give her a go as she's a great mix of powers and the archetypal Crashdown. Does fantastically when geared up too. Can clear anything well.

Other fun characters for me have been Deadpool, Elektra, Dr. Strange and Rocket Raccoon. Squirrel Girl is a given.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 04:10 on May 4, 2017

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i think queeb is playing on ps4

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

cams posted:

i think queeb is playing on ps4

I grabbed it on PC too, so either works, PS4 is mainly for couch co oppin

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

http://i.imgur.com/b6NNAYv.jpg

I've earned this. I deserve it.

Jayme
Jul 16, 2008

queeb posted:

squirrel girl owns.

I loving love Scarlet Witch and Magneto - they're both ranged area, and they can clear rooms very satisfyingly (especially SW). Storm's another good ranged area. Ghost Rider also owns, as Loz can attest to. I also personally had fun with Nova - no idea how good he is compared to other heroes, though.

I honestly stopped playing this game like a month or so ago - missed a day, then another, then decided to play basically any other game than this. If there's anything major added, I'll probably come back for at least a bit, but judging by the schedule Orren posted...

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So I played Diablo III for the first time tonight. Man talk about a weird experience after playing MH off and on for a few years.

Finally beat the story mode with The Punisher. Kind of wondering if I should just uninstall and move on to other things. I mean redoing the story again just seems kind of meh...even with Doom shouting stuff.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

Lozareth posted:

I approve

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Lozareth posted:

nice

my favourite bug was when spiderman kept beating silver surfer wtf

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Lozareth posted:

n i c e

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:gaz:

:cosmic2day:

:gaz:

Lozareth posted:

There are 68 sadder people on that list

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Lozareth posted:

You can do better.

I believe in you.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Jusupov posted:

If you're on windows 10 creators update and still log in you might have noticed that the game doesn't close anymore. It also puts large dumps in your game dir

Delete the whole game to get rid of the issue or go to \steamapps\common\Marvel Heroes\UnrealEngine3\Binaries\Win64 and flush the dumps

This is fixed in current patch. Not sure if it deletes those files automatically.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

queeb posted:

squirrel girl owns.

Get whoever you want. Everyone is playable

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 17:20 on May 4, 2017

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Only pick beautiful characters

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
The best hero will always be the one you enjoy the most from movies/comics/whatever

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I've never read a marvel comic before though.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Dizz posted:

why are you playing this then

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Dizz posted:

For the love of God DO NOT START

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I just barfed 8 times and soiled all my trousers. I just can't believe what I just read.

I'm ending it all...I have no choice. Dissolve the guild OP.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I have no idea what you're reacting to, so I'll just assume it's this entire thread

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

It was the menu at Wawa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Disolve the PC guild because the only thing that matters now is on console. Bow to your Sony overlords.