Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Experiencing a weird issue in MK8 when playing with two joy cons. Using the left Joy-con my Kart behaves like i'm constantly pushing on it to the right. Even when I let go of the stick the kart will veer the to right. Is anyone else experiencing an issue similar to this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flail and sob
May 3, 2009

JackDarko posted:

Experiencing a weird issue in MK8 when playing with two joy cons. Using the left Joy-con my Kart behaves like i'm constantly pushing on it to the right. Even when I let go of the stick the kart will veer the to right. Is anyone else experiencing an issue similar to this?

It's possible that you somehow turned tilt controls back on. That's happened to me a couple of times.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

flail and sob posted:

It's possible that you somehow turned tilt controls back on. That's happened to me a couple of times.

I was convinced my joycon was broken until I realized that each one has gyro controls

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

No but Mario Kart made me discover that using the joycons and a pro controller at the same time cause crazy interference and completely stops the face buttons of both from responding. Or makes the zl stick. Really annoying as the only that fixes it is resyncing and me and my gf having to lean away from each other on the sofa (with a metre gap in between). This problem doesn't occur with a joycon each.

Should probably call Nintendo but is this something can even be fixed? Is my switch Bluetooth chip a bit crap.

Anyone else able to do a quick test and see if it happens for them? You can test it easily in the settings menu.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

flail and sob posted:

You're totally right! Thank goodness I don't have to send my Switch back.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Evil Fluffy posted:

I am more than ready for Xenoblade Chronicles X to get a Switch port, especially if they make some much needed tweaks and simplifications to the game (and unfuck the awful affection grind for allies).

Give me VC and put Xenoblade Chronicles Wii on it.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Evil Fluffy posted:

I am more than ready for Xenoblade Chronicles X to get a Switch port, especially if they make some much needed tweaks and simplifications to the game (and unfuck the awful affection grind for allies).

Also rejiggering the plot and adding some new stuff after the original cliffhanger ending. Maybe explaining what the gently caress was going on with the telethia and the things that literally ate away life

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Kashuno posted:

If Nintendo makes a mario party that isn't a baby's version where everyone is basically working together it will sell so well.

Counterpoint: mario party's mechanics are kinda poo poo and re-inventing the game with things like having everybody move together is necessary to improve on the series.

"You got landed on most red spaces star" what is this poo poo.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Mario Parties 1-8 are joyless slogs, like if Candyland was invented by Satan and took hours to play.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dr Cheeto posted:

Mario Parties 1-8 are joyless slogs, like if Candyland was invented by Satan and took hours to play.

Boardgame aspect sucks

Just make Wario Ware Party
All minigame
All the time

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Holy poo poo Wario Party is a great idea.

You could literally have a minigame on everyone's turn without slowing the game down.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Infinitum posted:

Boardgame aspect sucks

All minigame
All the time

They did that at least once.

I thought it was a lot of fun, especially the between-minigame multiplayer minigames.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
You could have each player pick a character from the WarioWare cast and on their turn one of their minigames would play.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Have you guys not played the 3DS Island Mario Party? It's the best one and it owns.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Infinitum posted:

Boardgame aspect sucks

All minigame
All the time

:agreed:

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
Has anyone figured out how to make auto-steering stay off for players 2 3 and 4 or do they have to turn it off every time you restart the game

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Wario Party should have the board, but its pointless cause Wario gets bored of it halfway in and ends the game early.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

Boardgame aspect sucks

All minigame
All the time

:five:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Infinitum posted:

Boardgame aspect sucks

All minigame
All the time

:yeah:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Infinitum posted:

Boardgame aspect sucks

All minigame
All the time

I'd be fine with the turtle mode from the gamecube Wario Ware with more games added.

TerraGoetia
Feb 21, 2011

A cup of spiders.
Are there any RPGs coming out in the USA soonish? I'm done with Breath of the Wild until the DLC comes out, and the only real RPG I could see out was I Am Setsuna.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Disgaea 5 is at the end of May.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

TerraGoetia posted:

Are there any RPGs coming out in the USA soonish? I'm done with Breath of the Wild until the DLC comes out, and the only real RPG I could see out was I Am Setsuna.

Not many games coming out for Switch 'soonish' period. Good games take time. I am Setsuna looks pretty decent though.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Good new, friends: I redownloaded MK8DX and now everything's working fine!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I keep getting tempted to go out and look for a Switch then I remember there's been no announcement of any Monster Hunter for it (yet). :(

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Good new, friends: I redownloaded MK8DX and now everything's working fine!

yay

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dr Cheeto posted:

It would be awesome if Shiggy just open palm slammed the "Port from Wii U to Switch" button but it's best not to expect anything, inevitably there's gonna be great games left behind. TMS #FE definitely isn't making it over, for one.

Why? Because of the Topic chat stuff on the second screen? Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth on PS4 has something similar, and it's very easy to just dump to a menu option instead.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Why? Because of the Topic chat stuff on the second screen? Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth on PS4 has something similar, and it's very easy to just dump to a menu option instead.

No, because it didn't sell particularly well.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Ciaphas posted:

I keep getting tempted to go out and look for a Switch then I remember there's been no announcement of any Monster Hunter for it (yet). :(

They had better not announce one. The series must die. I need to be free of these chains.

Now, let's port Hyrule Warriors.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Hyrule Warriors and Fire Emblem Warriors

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

irlZaphod posted:

Super Smash Warriors.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

The Bloop posted:

Super Smash Warriors.

Holy poo poo

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

irlZaphod posted:

I am excited for that second one

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Lobstertainment posted:

No but Mario Kart made me discover that using the joycons and a pro controller at the same time cause crazy interference and completely stops the face buttons of both from responding. Or makes the zl stick. Really annoying as the only that fixes it is resyncing and me and my gf having to lean away from each other on the sofa (with a metre gap in between). This problem doesn't occur with a joycon each.

Should probably call Nintendo but is this something can even be fixed? Is my switch Bluetooth chip a bit crap.

Anyone else able to do a quick test and see if it happens for them? You can test it easily in the settings menu.

You've got a problem brother. I don't get any of that

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

The Bloop posted:

Super Smash Warriors.

God yes please.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

irlZaphod posted:

I still have my WiiU because I'm not a monster, so I'd prefer that Nintendo's limited first/second party development resources focused on new games for Switch.

There's third parties that specialize in porting. That seems like a good way to go to me.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Monster Warriors: plowing through an average of 1200 Yian Kutkus per level

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Dr Cheeto posted:

No, because it didn't sell particularly well.

So why wouldn't they want to give it a second go then? A cheap port, easy sales. Same as Witch and Hundred Knight.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I heard TMS#FE sales were great in the West.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Wendell posted:

So why wouldn't they want to give it a second go then? A cheap port, easy sales. Same as Witch and Hundred Knight.

It depends on how costly we assume the porting process is. You appear to think it's cheap, I don't know if I'd agree. Either way you'd need to do a UI rework and add some enhancements you could trot out to Wii U owners as a reason to get it over the original.

All the while, the Wii U customer base didn't go nuts for this, why would it be any different on the Switch? There are a lot of Switch owners who skipped the Wii U for sure, but I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that there is a lot of Wii U owner/early Switch adopter overlap.

Takoluka posted:

I heard TMS#FE sales were great in the West.

50,000 units in NA on the opening week. I'm led to believe that's not good? Definitely more than it sold in Japan the first few weeks.

• Locked thread