Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
So tomorrow is going to win me a bet I was hoping not to: it's the day where every moron conlgbt can finally shut the gently caress up about Trump's rainbow flag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueberryCanary
Mar 18, 2016
I hope to got that Trump's executive order is going to be struck down immediately. I am still waiting for the state to change my Birth Certificate in accordance w/ my court ordered name and gender marker change. The last loving thing I need is some dipshit bigoted bureaucrat tossing out my application on religious grounds and telling no-one. Or even worse, it could allow my state to pass laws enforcing institutionalized discrimination. gently caress the Texas Government.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Agnosticnixie posted:

So tomorrow is going to win me a bet I was hoping not to: it's the day where every moron conlgbt can finally shut the gently caress up about Trump's rainbow flag.

Every loving piece of poo poo that tried to tell me that Trump was totally gonna be an ally to the LGBT community can gently caress off and die, the loving self-deluded morons.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Agnosticnixie posted:

The gay Trump-voters I know (mostly from Dallas, natch) love Mike Pence and are fine with this because they think only the 'bad' kind of gay people get discriminated against while the good wholesome kind (them) won't have any problem :toot:

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

VitalSigns posted:

The gay Trump-voters I know (mostly from Dallas, natch) love Mike Pence and are fine with this because they think only the 'bad' kind of gay people get discriminated against while the good wholesome kind (them) won't have any problem :toot:

I wish that kind of affluent usually-white queer was banned from living in a major urban center the moment they say poo poo like this.

Also good news in America's hat

Queer refugees' sexuality will stop being put on trial by canadian immigration, making it slightly easier for them.

Agnosticnixie fucked around with this message at 06:43 on May 4, 2017

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

VitalSigns posted:

maybe the tankies were right :( bougie rear end gay dudes.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The 'bad' kind of gay people like those born into homophobic families who were lied to that you can shock the gay out of children?

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
Thankfully, the cases of the vapours were unnecessary and the 'religious freedom' EO turned out pretty weak and narrow:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/04/politics/text-executive-order-promoting-free-speech-and-religious-liberty/

1. Treasury should "to the extent permitted by law" not enforce the Johnson Amendment.
2. HHS "shall consider" granting religious exceptions to preventative medicine under the affordable care act.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

cis autodrag posted:

maybe the tankies were right :( bougie rear end gay dudes.

Tankies will never be right, no matter how angry a tiny fraction of lovely people makes you feel

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Guavanaut posted:

The 'bad' kind of gay people like those born into homophobic families who were lied to that you can shock the gay out of children?

i think in this case he meant that they are referring to those hedonistic gays who spend their lives in a continuous orgy of hot man sex that is totally and absolutely occurring on a larger scale and not at all made up in well-to-do white people's heads.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
What does the executive order actually say.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Three posts up

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

cis autodrag posted:

i think in this case he meant that they are referring to those hedonistic gays who spend their lives in a continuous orgy of hot man sex that is totally and absolutely occurring on a larger scale and not at all made up in well-to-do white people's heads.

I know there has been a downward trend for heterosexual teen and young adults having lots of sex. Are there any reliable number for homosexual or bisexuals?

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Aleph Null posted:

I know there has been a downward trend for heterosexual teen and young adults having lots of sex. Are there any reliable number for homosexual or bisexuals?

A study being performed at a small university in the US indicates that there is a severe decline in sexual activity among homosexual males.

The sample size is very small, though.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Easy Salmon Recipe posted:

A study being performed at a small university in the US indicates that there is a severe decline in sexual activity among homosexual males.

Sexual activity among younger people is declining in general and has been for decades.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Cythereal posted:

Sexual activity among younger people is declining in general and has been for decades.

I was just making a joke about not getting any, since I'm finishing up a degree in a different city than my partner. But, yeah, sexual activity is declining in the US. Almost like constant hopelessness and lack of a social safety net makes us less able to engage in romantic and sexual activities.

*thinking emoji*

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Traditionally sex is the recreation of choice for those broke as gently caress though.

BlueberryCanary
Mar 18, 2016

Sorry, are you being serious or is this a joke? I can't tell.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

BlueberryCanary posted:

Sorry, are you being serious or is this a joke? I can't tell.

I was just making a joke about not getting any

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

RagnarokAngel posted:

Traditionally sex is the recreation of choice for those broke as gently caress though.

internet posting is the new one

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

You heard it here: goons are trendsetters :v:

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Kurtofan posted:

I was gonna say it might be in part that we have more cheap diversions now than we used to, and they don't require seeking out another person.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
Well what was the peak anyway? The 70s or something?

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

fishmech posted:

Well what was the peak anyway? The 70s or something?

Either that or 1920s Berlin

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

Either that or 1920s Berlin

Magnus Hirshfeld knew how to party.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I've posted about this issue a lot but this is really huge news for people who are transgender.

http://www.freedomforallamericans.o...sabilities-act/

quote:

The judge recognized gender dysphoria as a medical condition, and his order details that its specific exclusion from the Americans with Disabilities Act (gender dysphoria is one of about a dozen medical conditions exempted from the ADA) is unfair. This is the first case in which a discrimination claim from a transgender person has been permitted to proceed under ADA claims.

Now, if this is appealed and it does go to the Supreme Court and the Supreme Court sides with the plaintiff and rules that people who are transgender may not be discriminated against because they are protected under the ADA. You can expect to see every "bathroom" law or any other law destroyed in court.

Just loving huge news.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 00:12 on May 20, 2017

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

gently caress Indonesia forever

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Indonesia has gotten really bad, really fast. There are people scouring facebook, tracking gay or trans indonesians down and killing them. Muslim hardliners there have experienced a great awakening.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Bethamphetamine posted:

Indonesia has gotten really bad, really fast. There are people scouring facebook, tracking gay or trans indonesians down and killing them. Muslim hardliners there have experienced a great awakening.

This is what I'm afraid of here with a President Pence, no country with an official religion will ever be safe for us.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Bethamphetamine posted:

It was confined to Aceh for a while, which is a province with Sharia law and that was bad but it's really depressing to see it expand :sigh:

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
Whenever Saudi cash starts pouring, this poo poo usually follows. Even in Bosnia and Albania you're starting to see more of this poo poo happen bit by bit as the Saudis start funding more of their missionary mosques even though most people there used to be more or less irreligious a generation ago.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

RagnarokAngel posted:

It was confined to Aceh for a while, which is a province with Sharia law and that was bad but it's really depressing to see it expand :sigh:

Indonesia is a loving case study of how discriminatory state violence sets precedents and thus spreads intolerance across a nation. :sigh: :sigh: :sigh:

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
Crossposting this from the Trump thread RE: What Betsy Devos portends for American education:

For those who have not yet had the pleasure (and would additionally like to stare jaw-agape at a genuine horror this fine afternoon) this is an actual advertisement for "Accelerated Christian Education". In this video children a very cheery and professional voice describes ijn detail how the entire philosophy of A.C.E. can be explained using a metaphor wherein children are compared to livestock that must be constantly rewarded/punished for every action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBUw4iWepk0

This entire system is designed quite literally as a life-size "Skinner Box" for children. I am not exaggerating here, A.C.E. quite literally admits that it bases its approach on the operant conditioning theories that B.F. Skinner developed by experimenting on pigeons. The entire program has been quietly supported behind-the-scenes for years by the conservative "Council for National Policy" and the heavy influence of conservative ideology pervades the entire curriculum. The entire framework of A.C.E. is quite explicitly designed to churn out office drones to work in public office for the GOP.

As a result A.C.E. simulates a corporate office environment in as much detail as possible. Students work alone in silence filling out endless reams of paperwork packets called "PACES" (Packets of Accelerated Christian Education) and students must raise flags to request assistance from a "Supervisor". (There are no teachers in A.C.E., only Supervisors.) The curriculum itself is exceedingly dry and repetitive- and this is by design. The student is forced to engage over and over and over and over with busywork that involves dissecting/repeating/interacting with conservative propaganda. Here are some examples:

And to end all this here is a British activist reading through a 9th grade history PACE:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_2tCMlHEBI

This is what the future of American education looks lie under Betsy Devos :smith:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

So what I'm getting re: Indonesia is, gently caress Saudi Arabia?

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Thanks, Prester Jane, terrifying as always. Do you have a ACE thread to dig deeper into this? It goes way beyond breaking queer folks and into general mind control territory.
Like, I know talking about it painful since you survived it, but a full D&D thread would be informative and would help spread the word to the literally dozens of readers SA still has.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Aleph Null posted:

Thanks, Prester Jane, terrifying as always. Do you have a ACE thread to dig deeper into this? It goes way beyond breaking queer folks and into general mind control territory.
Like, I know talking about it painful since you survived it, but a full D&D thread would be informative and would help spread the word to the literally dozens of readers SA still has.

I did one a couple years back, it went gold and is archived but I don't have the link on hand and am not really sure how to look it up atm. Hopefully some helpful Goon has the link and can post it?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
What the poo poo is "Chemistry with Teen Life Principles"?

I liked chemistry, it was taught as chemistry, with labs and lectures. It doesn't need making GBS threads up with whatever 'teen life principles' are.

Hiilai
Jun 13, 2009

Prester Jane posted:

I did one a couple years back, it went gold and is archived but I don't have the link on hand and am not really sure how to look it up atm. Hopefully some helpful Goon has the link and can post it?

Lo and behold.

The ABC's of A.C.E: Enabling literal Freepers to run schools since 1970

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Prester Jane posted:

Your wish is my command, in this and only this specific instance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

What the poo poo is "Chemistry with Teen Life Principles"?

I liked chemistry, it was taught as chemistry, with labs and lectures. It doesn't need making GBS threads up with whatever 'teen life principles' are.

"Teen life principles" are unrelated value :rimshot:-added asides that come as part of the Chemistry courses.

quote:

Each PACE includes a "Teen Life Principles" reading that focuses on character qualities. Although there is little to no connection with chemistry in these readings, questions from them are included in some of the tests. (They deal with issues like dating principles, the value of Bible meditation, and wise decision-making. You might choose to skip these, especially if you disagree with any of the content.)

• Locked thread