Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Rammstein is basically German Slipknot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Blitz7x posted:

Same with Karbach in Houston. It's bullshit

They bought Four Peaks in 2015, but just skim profits off the top and aid in distribution. Brewery and beer haven't changed.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I've been lowering my caloric intake lately since I've been gaining more weight and I'm starting to get hangry all the time. I wanna snack on stuff but...

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I like childish gambino but I feel like he went from cool underground guy to standard issue hipster hip hop

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Spoeank posted:

I like childish gambino but I feel like he went from cool underground guy to standard issue hipster hip hop

He was never cool underground guy

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Hopsin is the rapper equivalent of those comments on youtube videos of classic rock songs that are "I'm 13 and listen to REAL MUSIC, like Led Zeppelin and the Rolling Stones. I was born in the wrong generation, todays music is garbage!!!!!!!"

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

When you sample a grizzly bear song you lose your "not-hipster" cred immediately

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Spoeank posted:

I hate his music and his stand up but his tv show and other stuff he's written for and acted in is great.

Similarly I can't stand kevin hart's stand up but I dont mind watching his schtick in movies.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Spoeank posted:

I like Childish Gambino too, but yeah, he's never really been underground. His latest funk album is incredibly one-note, though.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I basically started following Donald Glover from Derrick Comedy so he probably felt more underground than he was because I had this conversation a million times

"Who?"
"The black guy from bro rape"
"Ohhhh him... yeah I dunno"

And multiple times I wanted to play Freaks and geeks and people thought it was the show

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Probably Magic posted:

I like Childish Gambino too, but yeah, he's never really been underground. His latest funk album is incredibly one-note, though.

I thought his newest album was p good. Not just cranking out the same ole and exploring a bit.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

FizFashizzle posted:

Anheuser-Busch bought wicked weed

i want to die

"Oh my favorite drink just got a lot of institutional knowledge about quality control and consistency added to its ranks. Not only that but they'll have to take advantage of superiors supply and distribution lines. Kazcinsky was right"

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Hell I wish they'd buy my favorite microbrewery (Sam Adams, out of Boston - definitely try their Boston lager and their seasonal shave some kick to em too!). It could only improve things

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Phobeste posted:

Hell I wish they'd buy my favorite microbrewery (Sam Adams, out of Boston - definitely try their Boston lager and their seasonal shave some kick to em too!). It could only improve things

:toughguy:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Sam Adams is still good, reliable beer even if there are tons of better options out there nowadays. I just had a Winter Lager tonight because I got some on closeout in March and didn't finish it all before I took myself off of beer in April as a calorie counting measure but possibly also out some vestigial Lenten instinct as a former Catholic.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Phobeste posted:

sam adams porch rocker is some of the best beer I've ever consumed

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
The weird thing about Sam Adams is that their normal beer is bland as poo poo, but they make pretty decent stouts (not the best i've had, but above average i'd say) and some of their seasonal stuff is top notch.

Full disclosure, I tend to dig darker beers anyway so YMMV.

Durandal1707 fucked around with this message at 04:45 on May 4, 2017

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
The best Sam Adams beer I've ever had has a purple label and comes in a 4-pack. For the life of me I can't remember the name of it but it was either a stout or porter.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

a patagonian cavy posted:

sam adams porch rocker is some of the best beer I've ever consumed

You're young. I do like it but there's a whole world waiting for you, young man. Belgium beckons to thee...

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Diqnol posted:

You're young. I do like it but there's a whole world waiting for you, young man. Belgium beckons to thee...

I drink something I've never heard of every time I go to a hipster bar (except IPAs)- I dunno what it was about Porch Rocker but it really hit the high notes for me

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
Sam Adams would make a lot more money if some of those variety pack beers were actually sold by 6 pack or 22 oz.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Michael Kiwanuka is playing a venue near me during hours I could actually attend. This is very exciting because there are effectively no decent shows that occur during those hours. Problem is it may be sold out. I say may because the only inkling I have is that the venue's online ticket provider isn't letting me buy tickets, and their facebook is loaded with questions about the show. Why don't they just advertise that it's sold out if it's sold out?

The whole thing has saddened me.

The Puppy Bowl fucked around with this message at 07:13 on May 4, 2017

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I got absolutely wasted on Sam porch rockers two summers ago and got a sunburn so bad I almost cried that night. I had blisters aaaaall over my shoulders and was as red as my av. I now have a freckle tank top tan line on my shoulders and probably a variety of skin-based cancers. Definitely in my top beers, I just tried the new summer ales after work last night and thought they were pretty good as well so I bought a 12 pack for further testing.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Leperflesh posted:

I kept bees for two years, ask me anything about beekeeping

also here's the backyard beekeeping thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3091681

You can, but you probably shouldn't.

oh man I'm going to read about beekeeping all day now haha

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

My boss does backyard beekeeping and whenever anyone brings it up he will talk about it without fail

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i lied about what business i wanted to start: i want to rent out goats

my dad has a friend who rents out goats to clear fields. you buy them in sets of fifty. he just drops off the goats, puts up some cheap fence, and comes back in a couple days.

every fifty goats means you have to buy a donkey too. Coyotes and wolves will devour goats. Goats are too stupid to really do anything about it and will just let themselves get eaten.

Donkeys otoh are basically suicide missiles when they see a predator. So you've got like 200 goats or whatever, a wolf appears on the tree line, and boom all of sudden you have kamikaze donkeys going in for the kill.

http://rentagoat.com/

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Just watched some guard donkey videos on youtube. That's unbelievable! Would never have guessed they could be used like that.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FizFashizzle posted:

i lied about what business i wanted to start: i want to rent out goats

my dad has a friend who rents out goats to clear fields. you buy them in sets of fifty. he just drops off the goats, puts up some cheap fence, and comes back in a couple days.

every fifty goats means you have to buy a donkey too. Coyotes and wolves will devour goats. Goats are too stupid to really do anything about it and will just let themselves get eaten.

Donkeys otoh are basically suicide missiles when they see a predator. So you've got like 200 goats or whatever, a wolf appears on the tree line, and boom all of sudden you have kamikaze donkeys going in for the kill.

http://rentagoat.com/

this is awesome and reminds me of a super cool business I saw

there is a guy here who runs a business called goosebusters and he just has a border collie and an aussie trained to chase geese off

I guess geese are huge pests and they eventually abandon an area if you chase them off enough

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Childish Gambino is my artistic spirit animal.

This goat business... sounds like it owns!

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Thanks guys, I an unironically about to youtube videos of donkeys vs. wolves.

What.
The.
gently caress.
M8.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I hate Star Wars day

Nov 6, 2002

You scruffy nerfherder.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Star wars sucks

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Star Wars is okay.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I had the titular line in Star Wars

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

If any of y'all could make calls against the AHCA today, I'd really appreciate that.

May the Fourth be with us. :smith:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lol this guy on price is right runs a bitcoin brokerage.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

if sam adams is a microbrewery the term has no meaning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

If you listened to Jim Koch you'd think he single handily invented the craft and micro brew industry.

• Locked thread