Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Is the event "play with people on your friends list" or can I just use the group finder?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

Ronnie posted:

Hey I thought you were supposed to stop getting quests for playing against A.I. once you got to a certain level in your profile. Is this just the games way of telling me I am trash and belong in A.I. games?

Quests are pretty bugged in general, some people won't stop getting the AI quest and other people can't even get credit towards completing them.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

I just got the vs ai quest too, for the first time, and the volume of people complaining about it all at once makes me think it might be a bug

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

p-hop posted:

Blood Raven skin for Sylvanas.

You are now imagining Sylvanas in a suit of red Space Marine power armor.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

I just got the vs ai quest too, for the first time, and the volume of people complaining about it all at once makes me think it might be a bug
Same. I think it's meant to show up as one of the newbie quests.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Ciaphas posted:

Right now if I want to learn a less caster-y assassin do I want to learn Greymane or Valla? I feel like wading back into QM with at least one of them for a while tonight before I get back to ranked.

Valla. She's straightforward, has a great escape/chase ability, and shits out damage. Greymane is quite a bit harder to play.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

1stGear posted:

Valla. She's straightforward, has a great escape/chase ability, and shits out damage. Greymane is quite a bit harder to play.

The only easier assassin to play is Raynor, and his escape ability is "walk away while regenerating". :v:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Bruceski posted:

Is the event "play with people on your friends list" or can I just use the group finder?

For the Nexus Challenge? Yes, it needs to be someone on your friends list.

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
from what I understand you're always supposed to take the level 7 talent for his w, so his escape ability is more like "walk away 10% faster while regenerating"

(one time in unranked my team ended up not picking a healer at all so I took the first 2 regen talents instead. It was surprisingly viable. :v:)

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!
I just started playing and am far from the best video game player, but I just had a teammate in quick play not select a single talent for the entire despite instructing them on how to. I had to have been trolled right?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

Right now if I want to learn a less caster-y assassin do I want to learn Greymane or Valla? I feel like wading back into QM with at least one of them for a while tonight before I get back to ranked.

They're both good and play completely different, learn them both.

Also don't play QM.

e; for real, Greymane is squishy but he's real versatile and unless you've got a sustain healer against a burst team, I don't think there's a comp he doesn't fit in. He's got both solid AA and ability damage, two very good ults with one anti-squishy and one anti-tank, and the ability to play at range if he needs to harass safely or stand in close quarters if the team has the heals/protection to back it up. He's good.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 01:34 on May 4, 2017

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'll stop playing QM when I'm dead

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Be careful with Valla, as saying she has a glass jaw would be insulting to glass. I want to say she's like third lowest health in the game not counting Murky/TLV.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Lemon-Lime posted:

They're both good and play completely different, learn them both.

Also don't play QM.

e; for real, Greymane is squishy but he's real versatile and unless you've got a sustain healer against a burst team, I don't think there's a comp he doesn't fit in. He's got both solid AA and ability damage, two very good ults with one anti-squishy and one anti-tank, and the ability to play at range if he needs to harass safely or stand in close quarters if the team has the heals/protection to back it up. He's good.

Believe me I don't like QM anymore but if I want to practice a particular character it's hard to guarantee I can do that elsewise v:shobon:v

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Just had a game with a Nova who spent the whole game bitching about how Lunara and Falstad are broken heroes and managed and how they had no team. The Nova managed to do 0 siege damage the entire 20 minutes which I find impressive

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:
Playing valla will force you to learn good positioning. Also, to play her optimally, you should stutter step, which is not nearly as scary as it sounds, and is actually kinda easy if you have a sense of rhythm.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Just had a Genji go 0 - 11 k/d, then stand in place and complain about the game being bad and that he's just here for the DVa skin :angel:

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
The D.va skin is a big draw to me too but I at least try to win the games I play.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

PureRok posted:

I was playing Diablo 2 yesterday and I killed Bishibosh and Rakanishu. After doing so I thought "Huh, I wonder if they could finagle a hero out of either of these dudes." I doubt they'd ever get made, and if they ever did it'd be after characters like Mephisto, Baal, or even maybe Andariel or something.

Basically, I want more heroes based on Diablo (or even Starcraft, but mostly Diablo). Less Warcraft, thanks.

Rakanishu should have lightning enchanted as a heroic. And extra projectiles at 20 as an upgrade.

Or hell, you could make a Rakanishu skin for Anub. Spawn fallen around you instead of beetles/swarm, run really fast at incredibly high speeds to burrow and uh, something something for the Q. And instead of Cocoon he throws like 8-10 fallen on the enemy target which binds them in place.

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:
I played a game as KT today on braxis holdout, and I played what had to be the worst players ever. A valla that dove in and stood in your face to attack, a tracer that would stand still for seconds at a time, or dive into me while I stood under a tower, and an illidan who refused to dive. I got lots of kills that game.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Maybe in higher levels Samuro isn't an issue for people, but where I am at somewhat new to the game, he's the worst thing in the loving world.

Just had the most miserable game I've ever played with Samuro on the other team and between him and the rest of his team comp we just couldn't do anything to them. I wanted to die in real life

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
This event makes the game unplayable

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

HotS 2.0 is good. Thanks common loot box reroll!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Think I'm starting to come around on Gul'dan's Q build. The effective range seems quite a bit further than the ground indicator would tell you, I can be quite a lot safer than I first thought.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Buying and playing Sgt. Hammer when my most played hero is Raynor at 7 games back in HotS1.0 was probably not the wisest move to starting off but man it's all worth it when you get that perfect siege positioning and timing to finish like 3 or 4 enemy heroes as they try to escape

I'm currently saving up to buy the Probe hero someone please tell me why this is a horrible idea tia

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Got one of Gazlowe's clown skins in a box!! Watch out fools, the circus is coming to town :getin:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Insert name here posted:

Buying and playing Sgt. Hammer when my most played hero is Raynor at 7 games back in HotS1.0 was probably not the wisest move to starting off but man it's all worth it when you get that perfect siege positioning and timing to finish like 3 or 4 enemy heroes as they try to escape

I'm currently saving up to buy the Probe hero someone please tell me why this is a horrible idea tia

If you find Hammer satisfying, get Chromie instead of Probius. Nothing better than landing the long range snipes.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
^^^Also Jaina kind of has that artillery feel going for her though admittedly not as much as Chromie.

Insert name here posted:

Probius is pretty powerful and can push lanes like nobody's business but he's very squishy. I can't say I find his gameplay loop very interesting but people are getting a lot of work done with him.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Probius isn't so much a 'pusher' as it is an 'advance' hero. It kind of sucks at pushing but is extremely difficult to tear down its base and push it backwards.

Probius holds your advance position, rather than actually pushing forward like Gazlowe/Sylvanas/Azmodan do.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Just played the damnedest HL match on Hanamura.

Dude picks Azmodan and tells us he's going to push all game and that Azmo has a 69% win rate on the map. He proceeds to get farmed the entire game while destroying their bottom row of forts between 10 deaths. The game ends in our victory like 11 minutes and change in, with us down 2 levels pretty much the whole game.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Just played the damnedest HL match on Hanamura.

Dude picks Azmodan and tells us he's going to push all game and that Azmo has a 69% win rate on the map. He proceeds to get farmed the entire game while destroying their bottom row of forts between 10 deaths. The game ends in our victory like 11 minutes and change in, with us down 2 levels pretty much the whole game.

Well I mean if it's stupid but it works...

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Samuro pro tip: Don't pop your clones out against Sonya. I know it's tempting to smash all your buttons, but don't do it. Don't also then blame the Jaina who could've killed her if you weren't there.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Kai Tave posted:

^^^Also Jaina kind of has that artillery feel going for her though admittedly not as much as Chromie.

Jaina has range increasing talents and it baffles me why no one takes them. They're how you get no-death Jaina games.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Macaluso posted:

Got one of Gazlowe's clown skins in a box!! Watch out fools, the circus is coming to town :getin:

Jealous, that and Knight Owl Medivh are two of the skins I've been hoping to get out of boxes, but no luck yet.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
Are some of the talents for Kael's E (the tornado disable) worth getting? I love building him for huge sunstrike damage, but his untalented disable just isn't enough if you are getting dived or ganked in your lane. Even if you land sunstrike and living bomb on 2+ heroes, you are still going to die.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

I've played for a while but never really any serious team stuff, and some of my non-moba-playing friends are getting into the game. What are some good hero picks to attempt to carry the gently caress out of games with lower skill players?

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

p-hop posted:

Are some of the talents for Kael's E (the tornado disable) worth getting? I love building him for huge sunstrike damage, but his untalented disable just isn't enough if you are getting dived or ganked in your lane. Even if you land sunstrike and living bomb on 2+ heroes, you are still going to die.

I haven't played KT much in a while, but when I last did Nether Wind on 4 was the usual pick. That's the one that increases range on it.

Looking at Hotslogs, it's now a nearly even split between that and Mana Tap, so it's probably not worthless to consider.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Sonya has been beastly for geenral strength, laning, merc camps, objectives, and team fights. Zeratul is fantastic if you enjoy assassins, he can just delete squishies.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Tsurupettan posted:

I've played for a while but never really any serious team stuff, and some of my non-moba-playing friends are getting into the game. What are some good hero picks to attempt to carry the gently caress out of games with lower skill players?

There isn't really much of a carry in hots. A decent tank or healer usually helps a lot though, especially one that can be flexible. So Lili, Malf, Uther, Anub, or Muradin might be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Mind over Matter posted:

I don't enjoy Vs AI games as they are right now, personally. I'm not against some more creative PvE stuff at all, though.

Today I went blind into a QM game with Tassadar, not trying him out first or anything, lost and got shouted at by 4 extremely angry Russians.