Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

El Padrino posted:

Watch nerds be mad next week when there is no new Adventure Zone

People are going to be mad at the adventure zone literally no matter what they do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

The real question is where's my rosebuddies, griffin

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe

Beekeeping and You posted:

The real question is where's my rosebuddies, griffin

It's up dude, chill out.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
can we talk about patrick trying to get nintendo to retweet a picture of toad in this thread, the fourth mcelroy brother recently appeared in an episode

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My GF made fun of me for listening to Rose Buddies since we both hate reality shows.

I loving heard you giggle from the other room!

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Snooze Cruise posted:

can we talk about patrick trying to get nintendo to retweet a picture of toad in this thread, the fourth mcelroy brother recently appeared in an episode

I'll allow it so long as the posting roughly matches how much Please Retweet content there is vs. other McElroy Polygon content. I think it's pretty funny. Watching them all takes like 12 minutes.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Snooze Cruise posted:

I really like Patrick, his dry delivery really hits for me. Wasn't he the one who did the battlefield bird mission review?

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

CainsDescendant posted:

I really like Patrick, his dry delivery really hits for me. Wasn't he the one who did the battlefield bird mission review?

His deadpan, matter-of-fact delivery when naming what I assumed were fake wrestling moves during the Monster Factory wrestling match was pretty good.

poor life choice fucked around with this message at 14:16 on May 3, 2017

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
is patrick a hitherto undiscovered fifth mcelroy brother?

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I think it would be funnier if it were actually an earnest effort to get them to retweet a picture of toad in a diaper and hairy man legs instead of just a silly goof-em-up

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
It would have been really funny if Nintendo had called his bluff and RTed it right away.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

What the hell are you guys even talking about

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Fellatio del Toro posted:

What the hell are you guys even talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytIKxTP2NcY
This is Patrick, he was the guy who did the Monster Factory wrestling thing with Justin and Griffin.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Though it is pretty rough and its hard to tell what's going on in places, I really like this TAZ animatic. You don''t usually see them made using parts of the podcast where they're in a fight, because they don't make for the most compelling audio. In fact, it's the only animatic I know of that depicts a fight, other than maybe a few that show a single turn. This one turns it into kind of a music video.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Snooze Cruise posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytIKxTP2NcY
This is Patrick, he was the guy who did the Monster Factory wrestling thing with Justin and Griffin.

The recommended videos include something called "Toad Abuse" where the thumbnail shows Luigi burning Toad with a cigarette. I know it can't be my search history, I only follow Tails abuse.

The video has almost three million views.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Jonah Ray as a guest answering zombie questions was tough listening. This dude is going to be anchoring a comedy program?

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

well why not posted:

Jonah Ray as a guest answering zombie questions was tough listening. This dude is going to be anchoring a comedy program?

He's already had multiple podcasts and TV shows of his own.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

well why not posted:

haha

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

He wasn't funny on MBMAM, but I looked his wiki up and saw that he's doing pretty well. Good for him but I am not a new fan at this stage.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, it wasn't the best. There were some good goofs, but I couldn't get over that they had brought a guestpert on to talk about goddamn zombies. I fuckin' hate zombies and wish they would go away.

Serf
May 5, 2011

I wasn't really feeling the back half of the new MBMBAM so I turned it off after a few minutes. I'm usually not a fan of the Guestspert segments anyways, so that's not really a surprise. Ray is really good in the new MST3K tho

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
Timing your wedding to be drowned out by a train is pretty hilarious.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
I think zombies and getting into the entertainment industry or whatever don't invite the funniest questions, but the boys also just seemed like they wanted to chat instead of goof.

I hope this arc finishes soon so they can go back to what made the show good. :v:

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Waffleman_ posted:

I fuckin' hate zombies and wish they would go away.

Racist.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I sort of enjoyed Griffin's rant about names of zombies that aren't zombies. I honestly thought he said Sandlers, too.

I'm never really big on the guestpert sections either, and I was hoping that Jonah being a comedian might make this a little bit better. The topics chosen were just bad, though, and didn't lead to much humor.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Yeah Jonah's intro set a really terrible stage and it never recovered

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Dan Savage and John Hodgman have been the only actual good guestsperts imo. I always assumed the others would be good if you were into their "field", like I don't know anything about musical theater so I didn't get much out of Lin Manuel Miranda being on the show, but the bros seem to have a good time.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I just got to the John Roderick guest spot and he was pretty good, the bit about replacing Travis was funny

e: also I liked it when Justin got Sydnee on the air to answer a question

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Dan Savage's line about pretending your girlfriend is Andy Gibb not being an effective means of birth control kills me every time

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I generally like the guestpert bits and I think Elizabeth Gilbert was actually the best one

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Elizabeth's voice made it hard for me to find that episode super funny. I'm not sure why though. I think it's how soft spoken she was.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

She's one of those people who can afford to gently caress off to India and just really yknow learn about yourself and the world and discover your truth or whatever the gently caress aspirational lifestyle bullshit they're selling these days, and act like it's something everyone should do without any self awareness of how real life works

She can go gently caress a dog imo

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea I think I liked Jonah's bit more than most just because I like him a lot anyway but even I thought it was kinda meh. Nothing will go lower than Eat Pray Love lady though, I literally could not care less about what someone who spent a cup of coffee loving off in India thinks about ~real spirituality~ and poo poo.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
Elizabeth Gilbert is/was way less bad than her résumé would suggest. She also doesn't need anybody coming to her defense. Because no matter how nice she is she's still a rich white lady.

Jonah's an example of a talent in a few media which nevertheless has deficiency in another. If they were all in studio at least I think the result would be quite different. I quite liked him on Meltdown and Drunk History.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I don't want to come to the defense of or act like I even know whatever it is Gilbert actually does, I just think she was the funniest guest they've had on the show within the context of the program

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
To be clear, that's a fair opinion and I'm inclined to agree. I've liked her on MBMBaM and also JJHo. On the other hand she's doing just fine in life without me saying so.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

New TAZ is up, y'all.

quote:

Our heroes have earned a break, don't you think? Merle finds a place to settle down. Magnus keeps 'em on their toes. Taako dispenses some beach wisdom.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
e: ^^^ awesome

purple death ray posted:

She's one of those people who can afford to gently caress off to India and just really yknow learn about yourself and the world and discover your truth or whatever the gently caress aspirational lifestyle bullshit they're selling these days, and act like it's something everyone should do without any self awareness of how real life works

She can go gently caress a dog imo

Eat the rich, yeah, for sure. But as a guest she was pretty funny and seemed to know the show and brothers better than anyone else they've had on. I liked that ep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

:shittypop: 39 minutes, just a little baby episode

(not a complaint!)