Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
im also going to go to the single payer health care thing up here in canada because i have a snuffed nose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

D1E posted:

Serious question: I somehow missed out on the whole Harry Potter craze (probably because I was in the Navy and gone nine out of every twelve months on average). The movies aren't on Netflix or Amazon Prime Video. Are they worth renting on Google Play for like $35 to watch the whole series (in HD)?

Will they make me a better person or help me understand Trump?

lotta people itt seem weirdly hostile about harry potter but they are pretty good stories with well written characters and lots of good world building. the movies are not as good as the books but they are quite good imho.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

D1E posted:

Serious question: I somehow missed out on the whole Harry Potter craze (probably because I was in the Navy and gone nine out of every twelve months on average). The movies aren't on Netflix or Amazon Prime Video. Are they worth renting on Google Play for like $35 to watch the whole series (in HD)?

no just sub harry for rocky and voldemort for tommy the machine gunn and ron wiesel for apollo creed

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

euphronius posted:

I think Harry Potter is pretty scrub tier and not worth watching
                                /

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah the books are cool

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

D1E posted:

are you a small childe

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

yes apple i am sure you are simply going to give up your slave labor jobs in china and totally not build a robot facility here

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
the wizarding world ignores the holocaust which is very problematic

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

/

The first ones are bad . They get a little better I guess .

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
yeah what exactly where the harry potter wisard society peeps doing during the holocaust?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
does WWII happen in the harry potter universe?

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Fidel Castronaut posted:

lotta people itt seem weirdly hostile about harry potter but they are pretty good stories with well written characters and lots of good world building. the movies are not as good as the books but they are quite good imho.

the d c circuit court of appeals has issued its opinion

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

D1E posted:

They're fine in that they are pretty close to the books, but far shorter than the later books, and time is the only currency that matters, so books are a dead medium, intended only for the poor and hopeless or the ultra rich. If you are neither of those, do not read books.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

like, eight movies is sixteen hours of entertainment or so. i've paid $35 for much worse entertainment for sure.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
It's LEVIOOOOOOOOOOOOOSAh

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Agrajag posted:

why cotton balls though? one doesnt normally eat cotton balls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jcx-bSyJpYk

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Baloogan posted:

yeah what exactly where the harry potter wisard society peeps doing during the holocaust?

playing idiot moron broomstick polo and inventing piss flavored jellybeans

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Baloogan posted:

when do we hear about the healthcare bill?

last I heard the vote was scheduled for 1pm.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Baloogan posted:

Yes, but I don't think the books mention it.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Baloogan posted:

they were english, they were co ordinating the ibm machine deliveries

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

just going to safely assume that wizard spells bounce off of Alex Jones because his supplements have the same weird crap in them as wizard potions

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

mormonpartyboat posted:

playing idiot moron broomstick polo and inventing magical piss flavored jellybeans

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Baloogan posted:

when do we hear about the healthcare bill?

they vote in less than 3 hours

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Baloogan posted:

im also going to go to the single payer health care thing up here in canada because i have a snuffed nose

what a whiny little baby you are baloney

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Baloogan posted:

yeah and it's going to be in the prequel series they're currently making which will end with jude law (british wizard) fighting johnny depp (nazi wizard)

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 15:21 on May 4, 2017

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Happy thoughts from Professor Krugman:

https://twitter.com/paulkrugman/status/860118764892958720

he is very close to saying, "of course, nothing matters"

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Baloogan posted:

hitler was actually dumbledorfs brother so they sorta turned a blind eye

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

what a whiny little baby you are baloney

my nose is stufffed :cry: and i feel icky

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

hmmm...just reading this story...oh what's that I can get a *FREE* Ben Shapiro book if I subscribe to the Daily Wire? My word! Ben Shapiro must be a highly successful author if they can give his books away for free!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

punchymcpunch posted:

listen to a story all about how my life got flip turned upside down and id like to take a minute so take a load off ill tell you how i became president of the country that produced david hasselhoff

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
this guy loving owns

https://twitter.com/tuckerocean/status/843108306612883457

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

there's a playstation mentioned in one of the books and that felt really weird. like the books took place in no particular time at all until that reference

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

she is dead o n t h e i n s i d e :getin:

YAS QUEEN!!

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

as far as I know, Canada does not have wizards and is probably all the better for it

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

D1E posted:

Take up bicycling instead. I did that this year instead of sitting on my rear end watching movies or TV and I've been happy with the results.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
imo a harry potter prequel set during WWII with like, wizards fighting and like flying spitfires in the battle of briton vs evil german wizards would actually be pretty cool

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

If you play Simon Says enough then you turn into the dude from Star Wars.[1]

[1] I don't even know which dude. Come on, there must be a guy in Star Wars that looks like that. If not, use your imaginations people, I'm a busy man.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
not all zionists are wizards but all wizards are zionists

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Fidel Castronaut posted:

there's a playstation mentioned in one of the books and that felt really weird. like the books took place in no particular time at all until that reference

does harry put in an enchanted persona 4 disc and all his friends are in it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

trump schedule for today complete w dumb speeches about his stupid dumb poo poo

10:30 AM Receive daily intelligence briefing – Oval Office
10:45 AM Meet with Catholic Cardinals and leaders – Oval Office
11:00 AM Sign Executive Order on Promoting Free Speech and Religious Liberty and participates in the National Day of Prayer Event – Rose Garden; livestream here
1:45 PM Departs the White House en route to NYC by way of Air Force One – South Lawn
3:00 PM Arrives at John F. Kennedy International Airport
4:00 PM Meets with Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull of Australia – The Peninsula New York
7:20 PM Deliver remarks commemorating the 75th Anniversary of the Battle of the Coral Sea – The Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum; livestream here

there's no spicey on the schedule (i suspect he'll do one of those air force one press gaggles) but at 4:30pm you can watch pence hosting a cinco de mayo reception

• Locked thread