Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

If anything is in that last shot to be read to much into, I would have assumed it was the color composition since they are walking out of the blue and towards the red together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
makes sense: away from the filthy democrat and towards the cleansing beautiful light of the republican party

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
This show does so many cool little things to subvert tv cliches. When Gus says to Mike "maybe someday you'll come work for me" we're conditioned to expect him to say "no, we're square, I'm out" but instead he just goes "yeah, maybe, depends on the work." And then when Chuck squeezes Jimmy for the last two dollars we expect that to be the moment he blows up and tears up the confession but instead he just glares and signs it. I love that stuff.

Also Jimmy's apology was amazing and convincing even though he probably didn't mean it and was just trying to convey to Chuck that brothers shouldn't treat each other this way *cough cough* RIGHT, CHUCK?

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Secret Agent X23 posted:

...and and, I really hope they have a good story as to how Jimmy got those photos inside Chuck's house in some perfectly legit way, because if he breaks them out at the hearing (and I don't know why else he'd have had Mike take them), that question is going to come up.

That hearing episode (god I hope it's next week) will be the most amazing thing. If they try to make it all about how crazy chuck is the look on his face will be amazing. Michael McKean is crushing this.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I would've thought the hearing would be the finale, or at least the episode 9 shocker.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

Steve2911 posted:

I would've thought the hearing would be the finale, or at least the episode 9 shocker.

We don't know exactly what will happen during the hearing but we have a general idea about the outcome: Jimmy doesn't lose his license which means he somehow gets one over on Chuck. The rest of the season should be about the fallout. I mean they could make him lose his license and then spend half or a whole season on him getting it back but I hate that kind of one step forward, two steps back arc so I really hope they don't do that.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

It'll be interesting to see what happens that drives Jimmy back into criminal defense because right now he seems to be actively staying away from that part of law.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

yea, and i have the sense BCS is more than just being a prequel to explain Saul's origins, it's more crafting the world the Walt stumbles into. And it really highlights just how much Walt managed to disrupt everything

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
This show just keeps getting better.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Jimmy dies and Breaking Bad takes place in his afterlife

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

ChesterJT posted:

They seem closer than ever, working together on a caper? Do you do this kind of stuff in your everyday life or just during tv watching time?

They are this close right now personally and professionally because Kim is openly embracing the fallacy of sunk costs when she knows she should be walking away instead.

Sunk cost fallacy is a classic concept for scammers to exploit to take advantage of someone a second time. Slippin' Jimmy isn't doing this on purpose, like Chuck says he just can't help himself, but her association with him is going to cost her big time in the near future. Most likely it will cost her career in law at least.

She's maintaining a confidence in his ability to be an above board lawyer when she has seen plenty of evidence to the contrary. He isn't someone who bends the rules. He straight up breaks them. She should get the hell away from his criminality and psychodrama with his brother.

But she likes having Mesa Verde and a future for herself in her own practice and she likes Jimmy. This doesn't have a happy ending.

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

baw posted:

yea, and i have the sense BCS is more than just being a prequel to explain Saul's origins, it's more crafting the world the Walt stumbles into. And it really highlights just how much Walt managed to disrupt everything

:agreed:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

See, I wondered that, but not knowing Spanish at all, I didn't actually notice.

Reminds me of Narcos, where Wagner Moura is loving amazing as Pablo Escobar but I've read that apparently his Spanish is pretty bad, or at least his accent is. It must be pretty distracting for speakers of the actual language.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

baw posted:

Thank god these poor people had Walt to add some excitement to their lives.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

FuriousxGeorge posted:

They are this close right now personally and professionally because Kim is openly embracing the fallacy of sunk costs when she knows she should be walking away instead.

Sunk cost fallacy is a classic concept for scammers to exploit to take advantage of someone a second time. Slippin' Jimmy isn't doing this on purpose, like Chuck says he just can't help himself, but her association with him is going to cost her big time in the near future. Most likely it will cost her career in law at least.

She's maintaining a confidence in his ability to be an above board lawyer when she has seen plenty of evidence to the contrary. He isn't someone who bends the rules. He straight up breaks them. She should get the hell away from his criminality and psychodrama with his brother.

But she likes having Mesa Verde and a future for herself in her own practice and she likes Jimmy. This doesn't have a happy ending.

All that just to say what we knew before the start of season 1 episode 1?

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

baw posted:

The last episode of BCS (unless they go to Gene episodes) should have the same feel as the last episode of BB 5a. Everyone happy, they got away with everything, and the world is perfect. Then Walter White walks into Saul's office like a metaphorical Hank reading on a toilet.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
More like Los Culos Hermanos :smuggo:

I lold pretty hard

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
too bad kim never took an econ course like stringer bell

sunk costs is like, microecon 101 stuff

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

She knows perfectly well that she's chasing sunk costs. That's why she says, out loud, that she is.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
the "fallacy of sunk costs", that she's defending Jimmy... whatever happens between them is gonna suuuuuuuuuuuck.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Right now I just want to see Chuck disbarred

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

:britain:

ditty bout my clitty posted:

Right now I just want to see Chuck disbarred

I want that address book name to be Rebecca so she comes into the hearing and fucks Chucks poo poo up some how.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Even knowing there is no arc left to explore in Gus' story, I still enjoy all his scenes. If there was one thing done wrong in the last episode, it was not getting a 5-minute montage of Mike fixing the door.

cool new Polack jokes posted:

More like Los Culos Hermanos :smuggo:

I lold pretty hard

I am glad I am not the only immature person in this thread.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
In the podcast they said it was freezing the day they shot the eladio stuff. They had to keep spraying him with water so he would appear wet. That's more commitment than I would ever have.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Supercar Gautier posted:

She knows perfectly well that she's chasing sunk costs. That's why she says, out loud, that she is.

She also knows it's a logical fallacy, but love isn't based on logic. I'm pretty sure she decided a while ago (I think after the commercial fiasco in Season 2) that Jimmy's her guy, no matter how many times or how badly he fucks up. Of course she probably doesn't truly realize exactly how badly he can and will gently caress up going forward.

Cnut the Great fucked around with this message at 13:40 on May 4, 2017

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I feel like this show expects me to remember a lot more about the cartel from Breaking Bad than I do. Not that it really hampers my understanding of the plot, but there are a lot of moments that are clearly meant to play like "hey, remember this guy?", and I'm like "no, I really don't".

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Yeah Jimmy is the ultimate "better to ask forgiveness than permission" guy and he is going to take that too far with her someday.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Even though most peak-tv stuff is too racy for my parents, I feel like this is a show they could actually enjoy, except it's kind of a hard sell when the first episode features teenagers face-loving a severed head.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Colonel Whitey posted:

Yeah Jimmy is the ultimate "better to ask forgiveness than permission" guy and he is going to take that too far with her someday.

I would like to repeat my theory that Kim dies.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

maskenfreiheit posted:

It's much more tragic if (during BB) Kim is still alive and simply chooses to have nothing to do with Jimmy. Killing her off would be an incredibly cheap and hollow way for Jimmy to experience that loss. She won't die.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

General Dog posted:

I feel like this show expects me to remember a lot more about the cartel from Breaking Bad than I do.

I started BB up again because I forget everything. Holy poo poo, EP1 is just nuts compared to the BCS pace I have gotten used to.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

maskenfreiheit posted:

I wondered if she has a nervous breakdown. There were traces of obsessive behaviour from her stress over her Mesa Verde work. It would be fitting if two people close to Jimmy developed mental health problems due to his behaviour.

Secret Agent X23
May 11, 2005

Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore.

Colonel Whitey posted:

Keep in mind that we don't see anything in BB that obliges us to think Kim is out of the picture. We just happen not to see her.

That said, I'm NOT predicting she sticks around. I really do think it's far more likely that something happens that makes it impossible for her to stay with him.

But that said, I have a scenario in my mind of Cinnabon Gene sitting at home, contemplating life or whatever, watching his tape of Saul Goodman commercials. And then Kim comes home from her shift as a Dairy Queen manager (or maybe from her office at Wexler and Associates, Attorneys at Law, Omaha's foremost practitioners of corporate law) and sits down and snuggles up next to him and watches the rest of the commercials with him. "Those were the days, weren't they?" Fade out.

That's not likely either, though. She might even still care about him at that point because old times and all, but I doubt she'd find Gene interesting enough to commit to. And I'm pretty sure that if Gene had Kim at home, he wouldn't be the broken, sad-sack motherfucker we see on the show. At least not to the extent that we see it.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Herv posted:

I started BB up again because I forget everything. Holy poo poo, EP1 is just nuts compared to the BCS pace I have gotten used to.

Yep, that episode would be a whole season of BCS. You could say that for a lot of BB episodes.

Wait until you get to the Better Call Saul episode. That's another one. You don't have to wait to see how they'll get Saul to help them, how Saul will come up with a plan to have Badger walk, see them go through with their plan, see Saul discover that Walt is a chemistry teacher. That all happens on one episode. If that episode was in this show, they would have Hank talking to Saul about Badger being the pivotal scene of a episode. Then that would be it for the week.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Kim will sadly but firmly finally boot Jimmy out of her life and move to NY/SF and practice law/get married/kids and then will have died of cancer or something during the BB years.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Secret Agent X23 posted:

Keep in mind that we don't see anything in BB that obliges us to think Kim is out of the picture. We just happen not to see her.

The main thing I'm thinking is, I don't think he would be clumsily creeping on Francesca so much if his love life with Kim were a-ok.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Supercar Gautier posted:

The main thing I'm thinking is, I don't think he would be clumsily creeping on Francesca so much if his love life with Kim were a-ok.

I seriously doubt he actually wants to bed her, it's probably just a little casual sexual harassment. I mean if you had been dating Kim, would you try to bang Francesca? Would you really be that desperate?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

maskenfreiheit posted:

I mean if you had been dating Kim, would you try to bang Francesca? Would you really be that desperate?

You're not nice. :(

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

When does jimmy bang Francesca? (Obv in Bb but I can't remember the scene)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Junkyard Poodle posted:

When does jimmy bang Francesca? (Obv in Bb but I can't remember the scene)

In the four-way with Huell and Roof Pizza.

• Locked thread