Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

holy poo poo this will own on switch with the rumble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!
I'm meeting up with a friend later this month. What's the best ACA Neo Geo game for two players? I'm guessing one of the Metal Slugs?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Scratch-O posted:

I'm meeting up with a friend later this month. What's the best ACA Neo Geo game for two players? I'm guessing one of the Metal Slugs?

How do you feel about golf?

Also, Shock Troopers is pretty fun co-op madness.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Scratch-O posted:

Wrong! Neo Turf Masters.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This makes me want Audiosurf on the Switch.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Empress Brosephine posted:

I too wanna hook it up to my console that doesn't easily support headsets or 5.1 sound
lol when people try to post snarky when they don't actually know what they're talking about.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Is there any indication of price? I'm not a rhythm game person but this intrigues me less than $20.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
The Gunvolt DLC for Blaster Master Zero is good. It's free for two weeks so be sure to get it if you own the game.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Beastie posted:

Is there any indication of price? I'm not a rhythm game person but this intrigues me less than $20.

It's $20 across itch.io, Steam, the Oculus store, and Playstation. There's no indication that the price will change for Switch.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

That Blaster Master Zero demo is live on the JP eShop and is fully translated. I think a US demo is supposed to go up today, too. Pretty cool game, better than I expected.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

enojy posted:

That Blaster Master Zero demo is live on the JP eShop and is fully translated. I think a US demo is supposed to go up today, too. Pretty cool game, better than I expected.

I fuckin bricked that game leaving my car too far away and now I can't get back to it ;_;.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Blaster Master Zero is one of the best NES remakes. It basically fixed everything annoying about the original.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

incoherent posted:

I fuckin bricked that game leaving my car too far away and now I can't get back to it ;_;.

if you can reach a save point you can press X (i think?) to summon SOPHIA

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

Blaster Master Zero is one of the best NES remakes. It basically fixed everything annoying about the original.

It feels like they played Shovel Knight and went, "you know what, let's also strip all the annoying poo poo out of a classic NES game" and it worked quite well.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
DEMO is up!!!!!!!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

DEMO is up!!!!!!!

Nobody should be downloading the Blaster Master demo, they should be downloading the full game instead.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

NES games, and their remakes/homages, are all bad.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

But they are good

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

P much agreed, played blaster master for 10 minutes and I'm done. Shovel Knight is good though!!!!!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I played a few minutes of that demo, that's as much fun as most NES games are.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Tecmo Bowl is the poo poo. :colbert:

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I didn't like BM:0 at first but it grew on me after I got some upgrades. I still don't love it but it's good enough to pass some time.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
https://imgur.com/gallery/zu3aY#h3HkzVX

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

What is this sorcery?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

So I'm gathering this Thumper game is like Rez cept even nuttier?

Edit: Oh good someone's getting on that.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Meridian posted:

What is this sorcery?

Looks like someone pulled the board out of the dock and put it in a custom case.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Meridian posted:

What is this sorcery?

It's a VCR, it displays images from huge cartridges at 29.97fps in low resolution, but that's not important right now.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

LethalGeek posted:

So I'm gathering this Thumper game is like Rez cept even nuttier?

Edit: Oh good someone's getting on that.

It's more like cranky audiosurf

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Games are infinity better now then during the NES era it's just that most 40 year olds have brain damage for their precious childhood. Also I haven't undocked my switch in a month fight me.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Meridian posted:

What is this sorcery?

They just took the I/O box out of the back of the dock, made a new casing for it, and added a cable to replace the internal USB-C connection.

But it doesn't really seem like the final result actually ends up being much more compact/convenient than the dock.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Supercar Gautier posted:

They just took the I/O box out of the back of the dock, made a new casing for it, and added a cable to replace the internal USB-C connection.

But it doesn't really seem like the final result actually ends up being much more compact/convenient than the dock.

It's like, 20% the size of the dock.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Rad Valtar posted:

Games are infinity better now then during the NES era it's just that most 40 year olds have brain damage for their precious childhood. Also I haven't undocked my switch in a month fight me.

The simplicity of those old games can be refreshing sometimes. A ton of them are still worth playing imo and I like games from all eras.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

You could just hide the dock and run a usb c extension into your switch?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

ratbert90 posted:

It's like, 20% the size of the dock.

You still gotta put the switch on it though, which is the same size, and the USB cords stick out. Though I guess it's better if you wanna travel with it

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

El Burbo posted:

You still gotta put the switch on it though, which is the same size, and the USB cords stick out. Though I guess it's better if you wanna travel with it

That's why he made it was to travel with it.

fastbilly1
May 11, 2016

ratbert90 posted:

It's a VCR, it displays images from huge cartridges at 29.97fps in low resolution, but that's not important right now.
In Pan and Scan as God intended. And for playing videogames with garbage on the screen that you cant take off with out the missing remote.

And now I want to record Switch gameplay on VHS or Beta.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

My only nostalgia for Kid Icarus used to be grounded in frustration, but the 3DS port fixed the controls to be more versatile/forgiving and I beat the whole game in an afternoon.
I'm 100% for remakes that adjust the obligatory One lovely Part That No One Likes. Wind Waker Wii U reduced the Triforce hunting, Ocarina/Majora's 3DS have much quicker item swapping...

Let Nintendo improve the Zeldas, I guess is where this is going.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Weird, I can do the same thing without messing with wires or having crippling autism.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

It was nice of Nintendo to design this in such a way so that enthusiasts can lightly mod it to work on a television.

Phantasium fucked around with this message at 19:27 on May 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

fastbilly1 posted:

In Pan and Scan as God intended. And for playing videogames with garbage on the screen that you cant take off with out the missing remote.

And now I want to record Switch gameplay on VHS or Beta.

And mail in your high score to Nintendo Power!

• Locked thread