Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Fix posted:

I keep PS+ to keep Vanquish.

I borrowed my friend's copy of Vanquish before he moved country only to open the case and find Far Cry 3 inside :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Obsurveyor posted:

You know it won't go away if you let it lapse? You'll just have to resubscribe to play it again. Also, it's hopefully coming to PC soon.

What's the point if you can't play Vanquish at any time?
Also Demon's Souls.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Liver Disaster posted:

Also Demon's Souls.

If you love either, you had them physically(I do) before any of this digital nonsense. :cheeky:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Liver Disaster posted:

Also Demon's Souls.

I'm still saved on the final boss on God Hard difficulty in my X360 copy of Vanquish. I'll kill it one day :shepface:.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Also Yakuza 5 :worship:

The PS3 offerings are so much insanely better than the PS4

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
The PS plus games would probably have been better if PS plus was not required for online play.
Then again. Sony would have lost out on a good revenue source

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Always do what it takes to protect the laser in your playstation and preserve your disks for future generations when the servers have shut down.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, the golden age of free games was back when Sony was a) lagging behind the 360 and looking for a quick, easy value add and b) not charging for MP. Neither of those are true any more so they've cut back.

It also helped that the free games program was started in the middle of the PS3's lifespan so they already had a large library to pick from.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I borrowed my friend's copy of Vanquish before he moved country only to open the case and find Far Cry 3 inside :smithicide:

Haha owned

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

Quantum of Phallus posted:

poo poo man I'm so sorry

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax

Sefal posted:

Overwatch

Isn't that a Blizzard game? Blizzard bad.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Bioshock Collection is one of the worst ports I've ever played. If you make too many different saves you will literally 'run out' of save space, you can't even overwrite a save because they get bigger the further you are in the game.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Sakurazuka posted:

The Bioshock Collection is one of the worst ports I've ever played. If you make too many different saves you will literally 'run out' of save space, you can't even overwrite a save because they get bigger the further you are in the game.

I don't know, "the longer you play it the worse it gets" sounds like they captured the spirit if the original games pretty well

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Why would you use multiple saves for bioshock there aren't any choices to make?
e: like yeah the remake is garbage, but for other reasons.

Liver Disaster fucked around with this message at 17:52 on May 4, 2017

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Sakurazuka posted:

Or you'll get fed up of the crappy combat after a few hours

Took me around 30 hours but this.

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax

haveblue posted:

Dark Souls
Is Dark Souls still good?? I remember playing Demon's Souls back when nobody knew about Form Software, but it seems they got too popular for their own good...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Liver Disaster posted:

Why would you use multiple saves for bioshock there aren't any choices to make?
e: like yeah the remake is garbage, but for other reasons.

It's a janky 10 year old game so I make lots of different saves just in case. Turned out it was a good idea because I forgot you shouldn't kill Cohen as soon as possible because you miss out on some stuff later (and a trophy).

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Aardark posted:

Is Dark Souls still good?? I remember playing Demon's Souls back when nobody knew about Form Software, but it seems they got too popular for their own good...

video games got too popular for their own good

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.

Aardark posted:

Uhh yes Dark Souls is still good, I would say that it probably is considered by most who have played them all to be the "best" Dark Souls game (this is not to start a debate I realize people have favorites of all 3). The level design is constantly lauded and for good reason, the game definitely is a bit dated now and if you've played some of the newer ones you may sorely miss some of the fast animations but Dark Souls is still a fantastic game even to go thru for your first time. Up thru O&S it's some of the best of that style gaming ever made, it kind of plateaus there and doesn't finish as strongly but it's worth completing for sure.

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax
Sorry for the confusion, I was talking about Dark Souls 3. I know Dark Souls is good. I don't know how this came up anyway, since I was originally asking for multiplayer game recommendations.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Aardark posted:

lol are you for real

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax
Yes, I am for real. Fly back to FYAD, little troll.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

So I had a few € on my account and got the season pass for Alienation because I'm enjoying the game a lot but I don't see the actual content (weapons, armor colors and such) activated, is it a bug or something? I'm playing a map right now and see if a level up unfucks this.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Aardark posted:

Sorry for the confusion, I was talking about Dark Souls 3. I know Dark Souls is good. I don't know how this came up anyway, since I was originally asking for multiplayer game recommendations.

I played DS1,2,3 basically back to back on PC and 3 might have been my favourite. If you have a co-op buddy it's super easy to co-op since it has a password system that just scales the co-op person down so they can join you regardless of level.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Fuzz posted:

You'll need PS+ to not be a lovely and bad gamer.

Seriously if you don't get PS+ for the free games alone, you are literally an imbecile.

Sorry to break it to you buddy but not everyone has low standards like you do.

Ps plus games are trash tier junk that regularly goes on sale on steam for like 5 bucks. Do your friends constantly mock you for playing weird, lovely games on your ps4 cuz lol at the tone of your post

E: I'm a plus member but only because I am too lazy to remove my credit card info (ps plus was good at one point many moons ago).

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 18:43 on May 4, 2017

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

In what world is one generation ago the age when nobody knew who FromSoft was. Other than like, fetuses born past the year 2000.

They were decently renowned as far back as King's Field.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

KingSlime posted:

Sorry to break it to you buddy but not everyone has low standards like you do.

Ps plus games are trash tier junk that regularly goes on sale on steam for like 5 bucks. Do your friends constantly mock you for playing weird, lovely games on your ps4 cuz lol at the tone of your post

Yeah, it's been a while since I bothered with any of the PS+ games that were on offer.

It tends to be a mixture of garbage I don't want and the aforementioned cheapo games I already bought on PSN/STEAM sales if I was even vaguely interested in them.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Aardark posted:

3 is great. Just played it for a second time with all the DLC and it my favorite one by a long shot unless you count Bloodborne. The series has barely changed since Demons Souls aside from some minor QOL improvements and much better graphics and combat. They haven't become trivially easy after getting successful if that's what you mean.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Really, the only reason arguments over which souls is best get so irate is that the differences between them are so minor. All of them are basically the same game and all of them are good.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

spudsbuckley posted:

Yeah, it's been a while since I bothered with any of the PS+ games that were on offer.

It tends to be a mixture of garbage I don't want and the aforementioned cheapo games I already bought on PSN/STEAM sales if I was even vaguely interested in them.

Guess this makes us lovely gamers eh? I think adults would refer to this as "valuing your free time"

Actually yeah i don't want to be associated with the word gamer or anyone who uses it on a regular basis so maybe I am a lovely gamer, kind of a badge of honor really

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax

veni veni veni posted:

3 is great. Just played it for a second time with all the DLC and it my favorite one by a long shot unless you count Bloodborne. The series has barely changed since Demons Souls aside from some minor QOL improvements and much better graphics and combat. They haven't become trivially easy after getting successful if that's what you mean.
I thought it might be the opposite, that they have become too hard after all mainstream reviews talked up the difficulty.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

They've stayed pretty consistent. I'd say 2 and 3 start off slightly easier than the rest but ramp up where 1 and BB and DS1 throw you against a brick wall at the beginning. After a bit they are all about the same.

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.
I think that the base game of 3 is possibly the "easiest" of the 3 but it's just because you can be a little more aggressive without punishment if you do it right. I played 3 for the first Souls game ever (I imagine to most people the first one they play would be the "hardest" until they learn some of the formula for success) and I still think 3 is the easiest after completing all of them. Part of it is just how easy it is to link rolls together in 3, it's much more fluid and you can get away with a lot by dodging constantly.

I haven't beaten any of the DLC for 3 but I have heard that it is good and adds a couple of extremely difficult bosses.

Scorps fucked around with this message at 19:06 on May 4, 2017

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Both of the DLCs are tough. Ringed city is hard as balls.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Welp, it seems that buying Alienation's season pass actually unlocks the stuff in PSN store so you have to download each item one by one :v:

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Guillermus posted:

Welp, it seems that buying Alienation's season pass actually unlocks the stuff in PSN store so you have to download each item one by one :v:

Like... Every season pass does this.

One of the worst offenders is drive club. You have to download like 25+ car packs and mini expansions.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Looks like DICE/EA are releasing another free map for BF1 sometime this summer, which is pretty cool.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Looks like DICE/EA are releasing another free map for BF1 sometime this summer, which is pretty cool.

Is that the nighttime trench map? Last I saw it was for premium only, so not free, just another bonus for premium.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Aardark posted:

lol what the hell. yeah for the most part they've gotten even better. bloodborne occupies the first spot on my Tier List by a mile but Dark Souls 1 & 3 just about tie for second with me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
"It seems they got too popular for their own good," I mused as I reached for the holster on my hip. I felt the cold touch of my trusty piece, retrieved it from its snug resting place, and took aim.

"Heh. Nothing personnel, kid."