Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Qmass posted:

Audio fixed, patch successful.

I also confirm that. Seems to work without issues now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Jack Trades posted:

I also confirm that. Seems to work without issues now.

If it's running well on PC I'll probably pick this up when I get home from work. I've managed to avoid basically all information about what this game even is, so my entire understanding consists of:

- One image of a guy looking at his bloody eye in the mirror
- It's in space
- The enemies are shadow things that turn into coffee cups and maybe other stuff?

Enough for a purchase. Seems like the sort of game where it's better if nothing gets spoiled.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I've been watching CohhCarnage stream this on Twitch, and he's still very early in the game but the atmosphere and setting look really cool, and the gameplay was giving me some serious Bioshock vibes. I had basically no idea this game was coming out at all, which is weird because it looks like a AAA game with a pretty hefty budget.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

HOLY poo poo!
The thing you do the second time you wake up in your apartment is so cool visually. It a really neat effect.

Also incidentally, the same effect they used in Dishonored 2 would put an enormous strain on my machine but in Prey the framerate is super stable even on max settings.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Dang!
When I went up to climb into the chopper at the start of the game I took the portable lamp with me and dropped in into the helipad. When the chopper arrived to a different building the same lamp was there too in the same place.
At first I thought it was a weird coincidence but alas, it was not.

That's so cool.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Bardeh posted:

I've been watching CohhCarnage stream this on Twitch, and he's still very early in the game but the atmosphere and setting look really cool, and the gameplay was giving me some serious Bioshock vibes. I had basically no idea this game was coming out at all, which is weird because it looks like a AAA game with a pretty hefty budget.

Same but with trying out the PS4 demo instead of watching a stream. Initial segment of the game is pretty amazing and as long as it's not a bait and switch this'll probably end up being a serious GOTY contender for me.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Guys this game is just System Shock.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

cheesetriangles posted:

Guys this game is just System Shock.

good, system shock owned

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Prey is going to give me PTSD, I swear. I'm never going to be able to trust a coffee mug to not try to murder me.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Watching the PC streams it looks like Arkane has kept up the same great UI work they had in DH2.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

How's performance? Someone post how it runs with their specs please

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

In the pc version, can FOV be changed?

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Anti-Hero posted:

Watching the PC streams it looks like Arkane has kept up the same great UI work they had in DH2.

The UI was terrible in the demo of Prey, at least on console and the controller mapping was God awful. What on earth?

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Yea, it did look good for pc on the stream.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
I really didn't find the UI bad at all when I played the PS4 demo. Didn't even cross my mind.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

In the pc version, can FOV be changed?

No.

Digirat posted:

How's performance? Someone post how it runs with their specs please

Jack Trades posted:

GTX 1060; 1080p/Max Settings; Lowest fps I get in the apartment is 85.
It doesn't say a lot but it seems to be at least better than Dishonored 2 in term of performance. I don't think any place in it gave me 85 fps.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

I really didn't find the UI bad at all when I played the PS4 demo. Didn't even cross my mind.

For me, the controller layout was wonky and I had severe input lag. Everything was floaty and it was difficult to target things, and / or interact with anything in the world. I fully admit I may be confusing that with the Full UI, but it's part of it.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
I agree the UI has issues on console, but it looks really snappy on PC. I love that they have hot keys that make sense (F to loot, G to eat) and how the mouse operates as a cursor on computer terminals.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Ah, FOV can be changed on PC via file editing and via slider with post launch patch.

prey pc fov + ultrawide support

arkane posted:

When the game launches the FOV can be adjusted via the game’s config file and Arkane will be adding a proper slider after launch. 21:9 ultra-wide support is supported at launch.

%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\Arkane Studios\Prey\game.cfg

Edit cl_hfov to be the value you want.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 06:21 on May 5, 2017

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Why why why is the FOV slider always patched in later? I still don't understand how it is often missed at launch.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Must have been shifted to a post launch priority.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 06:19 on May 5, 2017

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Anti-Hero posted:

I agree the UI has issues on console, but it looks really snappy on PC. I love that they have hot keys that make sense (F to loot, G to eat) and how the mouse operates as a cursor on computer terminals.
Not going to lie, I'm always a huge sucker for this. Best one I can remember is the Dystopia mod for HL2.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Utnayan posted:

For me, the controller layout was wonky and I had severe input lag. Everything was floaty and it was difficult to target things, and / or interact with anything in the world. I fully admit I may be confusing that with the Full UI, but it's part of it.

Oh yeah, supposedly the input lag is fixed for launch on PS4. We'll see.

Anti-Hero posted:

Funny enough, this IS the one thing I noticed that I didn't like. Of course, I'm playing on PS4 so moving around a virtual mouse pointer with your joystick is no fun.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
This may be a game to buy on the PC instead.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The person who was in charge of audio mixing should be feeling really really ashamed of themselves.

Other than that I'm really enjoying the game.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
DH2 had audio mixing issues, too. Never got fixed, either.

I have $55 in steam credit just begging to be used for this game...

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Anti-Hero posted:

DH2 had audio mixing issues, too. Never got fixed, either.

I don't remember noticing any audio mixing issues in DH2 and I finished that game 3 times.

Prey's audio mixing is really distracting though. It's insane how loud some of the audio cues are compared to everything else and not even even the jump scare cues either.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Gameplay looks amazing on cohh's stream, god drat. Like old school SS2.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

In case you happen to be curious, yes, jumping up into the helicopter blades during the opening scene will kill you.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Haha one of the quests references "Looking Glass" servers.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
If the first passcode isn't something similar to 0451, no buy.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

1stGear posted:

The first necessary password is.

Bogart fucked around with this message at 20:36 on May 4, 2017

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

1stGear posted:

Pretty sure there's a safe in the demo somewhere with 0451 (at least that's what someone on reddit said).

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

sauer kraut posted:

Gameplay looks amazing on cohh's stream, god drat. Like old school SS2.

I know right. :neckbeard:

How big is it on pc? Really only 20ish GB?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

1stGear posted:

i don't think arkane would have forgiven themselves if they passed this up

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

I know right. :neckbeard:

How big is it on pc? Really only 20ish GB?

I read it's 18GB to download with the recent audio patch.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
This may be unlikely at best but I am hoping there is a mod for patching out the EDM music every time the game thinks you see an enemy

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
No that's the best part. The most authentic System Shock 2 experience.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Bogart posted:

No that's the best part. The most authentic System Shock 2 experience.

Yeah this is true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Tenzarin posted:

The first prey was a master piece(in my opinion),

It was a piece alright