Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Stormvermin Champion boss fight is all.

Has one cheapass attack you can't do a loving thing about where he jumps forward and stabs the ground. Massive hit radius, no blocking it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

It's not a Warlord?

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
Chieftain. Which is a hero, as opposed to a lord.

Surprisingly robust for a dude that cost 45 points on the tabletop

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

This new sword is ok, upon preliminaries. I'm writing up the text now and will get recording soon.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Yeah uh this sword is loving op as poo poo

Cata kind cuts into it a bit but it's probably the most OP weapon released yet.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

That music at the boss battle :stonk:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Lunethex posted:

Yeah uh this sword is loving op as poo poo

Cata kind cuts into it a bit but it's probably the most OP weapon released yet.

you'd think that maybe they would have an idea how not to do this every time they release a new weapon

then again maybe they do it on purpose to make people want to buy the expansion

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Fatshark took my advice :swoon:

Pack-Masters now affected by knock-back trait

2-Handed Hammer:
Now one shots Clan Rats on Headshot in Cataclysm difficulty
Improved damage against boss units
Improved armour piercing damage across the board

War-pick:
Tweaked armoured and unarmoured damage for nicer progression curve (removed overkill vs unarmoured)
Increased armoured damage for green/blue to hit damage thresholds

Repeating Handgun:
Reduced recoil and made Spin charged attack uninterruptable
Increased Damage output for Repeating Handgun
Changed hold input for Spin charged attack to left mouse (instead of right mouse)
Slowdown for charged attack is now applied earlier
Slightly decreased the spread while moving with the repeating handgun

Single-target Attacks:
1h axe heavy/2h axe light/1h hammer heavy - tweaked blue/green weapon damage to hit target thresholds (blue: lower unarmoured dmg, lower armoured dmg. Green: Lower armoured dmg)

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
what does the RMB do on the repeater handgun if not charge the mag-dump now?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

It means this:

When you hold right click, you spin up the gun.

BEFORE, when you pressed LMB, it would start mag dumping.

NOW, when you press LMB, you have to hold it if you want to fire more. If you just tap it, you'll do a double-tap fire.

It's better this way. You can basically double-tap, firing two shots simultaneously, by spamming LMB while holding RMB now.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I'm pretty sure the 2h hammer already killed on a headshot on cataclysm so I'm not sure what that change means, but at least they're finally not giving it tiny inexplicable nerfs!

Also I don't know why they're buffing the repeater handgun again after they already gave it a mega buff, instead of buffing the garbo repeater pistol, but I won't complain

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Also why is fatshark so concerned with removing "overkill" like why does that matter in the slightest

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Digirat posted:

I'm pretty sure the 2h hammer already killed on a headshot on cataclysm so I'm not sure what that change means, but at least they're finally not giving it tiny inexplicable nerfs!

Also I don't know why they're buffing the repeater handgun again after they already gave it a mega buff, instead of buffing the garbo repeater pistol, but I won't complain

hahahahaha this guy

It did 7 damage. No headshot multiplier so it's +1. Cata clan rats have 10 HP so all you were doing was playing Whack-a-Skaven.

Digirat posted:

Also why is fatshark so concerned with removing "overkill" like why does that matter in the slightest

Because the scoreboard at the end was so ruined when one person got 7000+ damage and everyone else had 500

My video is done and uploading so we'll get that posted later when Coolguy is off work.

And because I'm that in love with the weapon I'll just leave a link pre-commentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-NPZYM3pXw

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 18:09 on May 4, 2017

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Lunethex posted:

It means this:

When you hold right click, you spin up the gun.

BEFORE, when you pressed LMB, it would start mag dumping.

NOW, when you press LMB, you have to hold it if you want to fire more. If you just tap it, you'll do a double-tap fire.

It's better this way. You can basically double-tap, firing two shots simultaneously, by spamming LMB while holding RMB now.

ohhhhh gotcha that does seem more helpful, at the absolute least more controllable

Digirat posted:

gonna guess it's because saltzpyre has a couple of other options available to him at least, whereas kruber really does not.

like sure the repeater pistol's garbage and that's a problem, but you DO have access to the brace just as easily, so the niche of clanrat cleaner can still get filled. kruber doesn't have that option.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

2-handed hammer does 8 damage headshots to the Stormvermin now :eyepop::eyepop::eyepop::eyepop::eyepop:

That's incredible, 2-shot stormvermin with it now on NM.

I'm working on a 1.8 changes and Krench Tactics video too so that's going on right now. Just wrote near 1000 words of poo poo on Krench.

2-handed hammer does 72 damage to the ogre now under Strength Potion. If you also get a speed potion on that well he's dead even harder.

:stonk:

If not for the new sword the hammer is now incredible.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 19:27 on May 4, 2017

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I'm kinda stunned the Courier doesn't have any actual finale.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

OMG...

The Repeater Handgun IS BETTER than the VOLLEY BOW now.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Extra Capacity, Hail of Doom, whatever else, there you go, you have an incredibly powerful weapon in that now. Depending on how good you are it may just beat the regular Handgun. Rupture lets you shoot 3 Stormvermin at once if that's what you need. Otherwise, it's so accurate now that Targeteer is unnecessary.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Lunethex posted:

Extra Capacity, Hail of Doom, whatever else, there you go, you have an incredibly powerful weapon in that now. Depending on how good you are it may just beat the regular Handgun. Rupture lets you shoot 3 Stormvermin at once if that's what you need. Otherwise, it's so accurate now that Targeteer is unnecessary.
It's more accurate now? :eyepop:

Between the new sword, the hammer, and now this, it's a good time to be Kruber. :pcgaming:

Now gimme me a halberd, Fat Shark.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

The change about Packmasters being affected by Knockback seemed innocuous.

Until I tried it.

:eyepop::eyepop::eyepop::eyepop::eyepop:

The universe is bending. This isn't even that big of an update but everything about it OWNS.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 21:04 on May 4, 2017

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Lunethex posted:

The change about Packmasters being affected by Knockback seemed innocuous.

Until I tried it.

:eyepop::eyepop::eyepop::eyepop::eyepop:

The universe is bending. This isn't even that big of an update but everything about it OWNS.

yeah get ready for one of my joker-esque laughs when we commentate on this

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I had forgotten how much I like to kill rats.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I'm gonna be spawning Chieftain Krench in other maps from now on. He works perfectly as a regular enemy. Just by existing, rats are spawned to help him and everything he does works.

:kheldragar:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Krench was actually pretty fun to fight.

Is he armored? I couldn't quite tell. And when his poo poo isn't glowing, can you shoot him? I know there's a shield effect when it is.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

He's definitely armored. Light attacks plink off his body like the other two. What's more is he has a special coded resistance, bordering on immunity, to most ranged weapons, and especially DoTs and Bombs.

The Volley Bow, despite what you may want to believe, is NOT useful against him. But the Longbow from Kerillian is. In fact, it's probably the hardest hitting ranged weapon to use on him granted you make headshots. It may be a bug, but auto aim weapons don't lock on his head either.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So who gets the new sword? Is it a Kruber special?
Does the Stormvermin Chieftain have any hammy lines like the White Rat?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Got my first orange- a mace+shield for Kruber. What traits should I be going for on it?

e: currently HKB, Regrowth charged, improved pommel

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Arcsquad12 posted:

So who gets the new sword? Is it a Kruber special?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-NPZYM3pXw

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

StashAugustine posted:

Got my first orange- a mace+shield for Kruber. What traits should I be going for on it?

You should be going for a sword and shield or a single mace no shield. Mace plus shield is kinda mediocre

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

If it's your only orange I would probably use it anyway though, thanks to the basic damage bonus

That said, those traits are all garbage

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

StashAugustine posted:

I like my orange Mace+Shield for Kruber well enough. Since the first 2 normals hit infinite targets, Regrowth(normal) is basically essential. You also want to push a lot with it. My ideal set up is Regrowth(N), Devastating Blow and either Improved Pommel or Endurance. Then you can just swing, swing, push and knock rats on their asses all day long.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I would have used the Repeater Handgun in my Krench video had I recorded after seeing what a god drat beast it is. The Repeater Handgun and Brace of Pistols MUTILATE the Chieftain right good. Under strength potion, of course. I have compiled a list, running through all the weapons in real time and figuring what's perfect to use against our new boss.

quote:

The Volley Bow isn't that good against him, I'll correct myself. It's great...but you absolutely need headshots, you will more than likely miss than hit with most of your shots. His hitbox is kind of weird too, and don't forget about the rats that spawn dynamically after his health milestone, because if you're trying to get close enough and hit him in the head (and not have him spastically switching between teammates) then you'll probably get killed or get others killed. Most ranged weapons are, though, useless. DoTs and Bombs do nothing either.

As you might think though, only a couple of ranged weapons will do any real damage, some of them being the Longbow, the handguns, and possibly the Crossbow.

Interestingly though it's really the longbow, with Hail of Doom at that, which will make him bleed hard, especially under Strength potion.

Rely on the Backstabbery perk more than anything else in this fight.

Kruber:
-2-handed Hammer/1-handed Mace IF you do not have the Executioner Sword. All require Strength Potions to do more than middling.

-Repeater Handgun - Mutilates him, fast reload, massive damage and no danger
-Blunderbuss - Great damage but only while under strength. Decent DPS. Use the Red one, because it has Skull Cracker.

Sienna:
-Beam Staff is ok, doesn't do much though against him. If the Bolt would lock on his head it'd be better. But, the Mace with Backstabbery is her strongest contribution in the fight.

Bardin:
-1-handed Axe is decent enough, but...
-Great Axe is better. Use Backstab and go to town. Nothing else comes close to these two.

-Drakefires are mediocre. Under Strength you can do some damage. Handgun is his best option otherwise, assuming you get Headshots.

Kerillian:
-All of her melee against Krench is...poor. Dual Daggers with Killing Blow may edge out Daggers with backstab charge attacks. But that means bringing Dual Daggers which suck. The Glaive does less than mediocre damage even under Strength, and its range is bad.

-Longbow and Hagbane are the best ranged options for Krench. The former edges out the latter by virtue of not needing a strength potion to deal acceptable damage. Also, the Hagbane's poison will do more damage if Hail of Doom procs, and its enough of a significant increase that it could be a liability in the fight. Use the Longbow if you're itching to win. Trueflight doesn't lock on his head currently.

Saltzpyre:
-1-handed Axe with Backstabbery. Easy choice. Two-handed sword is out, Rapier is definitely out. Falchion with Backstab could help.

-Volley Bow is hit or miss. Literally. Use at your own risk, in fact, use...
-The Brace of Pistols. With Hail of Doom, maybe Targeteer, you will decimate Krench under a strength potion headshot spree.
-Repeater Pistol, like the Volley Bow, is a liability but has the chance for some serious damage. Still wouldn't use it just for this though as it is a sub-par weapon.

Heroic Killing Blow and Killing Blow only do chunks of HP if they proc. Not worth using the former.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 00:20 on May 5, 2017

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

They didn't mention something important in the patch notes (of course), which is that they nerfed the gently caress out of the repeater handgun's fire rate. It's slower with master crafted than it used to be without it. It also still doesn't do enough damage to bodyshot clan rats on cataclysm, so the buffed damage only matters for specials. The alt fire by contrast has even lower recoil than its previous buff and shoots as fast as a speed potion used to make it go.

For the way I use this weapon it's pretty nerfed, but there's situations where it's much better than it used to be. You can use it to burst down storms and its DPS against roger is a lot better, so it's pretty much been solidified as the roger killer in the sgt weapon pool. As a run and gun weapon it's worse, but it's more unique overall now.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Wait, people weren't playing Markus 'Hero of the goddamn Empire' Kruber?

But he's the best. Look at his mustache and variety of jaunty hats.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
I don't play Markus "Hero of the Goddamn Empire" Kruber because if I did, I wouldn't be playing Victor "Your Family is Dead Kruber" Saltzpyre.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Sykic posted:

I don't play Markus "Hero of the Goddamn Empire" Kruber because if I did, I wouldn't be playing Victor "Your Family is Dead Kruber" Saltzpyre.

This is a reasonable reason not to be Kruber.

Especially as Saltzpyre also has a variety of excellent hats.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The first new level has great performance, like the dwarf levels. But the second one performs as badly as magnus in a lot of places.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Watching the video on the new sword, it hit me that it looks like a two-handed rapier. Fast weapon that enormously rewards headshots but otherwise just spreads meek damage widely? That's rapier talk, son.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Does the healthpool trinket stack with healshare? because you potentially get 60% more healing if that does at the cost of everyone being forced to stay together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

You don't even have to be in Krench's arena. You can just open the box at the bottom of the ladder then jump off it to get back up and he can't get you :lol:

And there's infinite ammo right near where you enter the tannery too. Someone messaged me last night saying they found a glitch but I was tired and just thought "man I just uploaded a video and posted the weapons that own his rear end I don't care he's still super easy"

But I guess if you want Cursed Rune levels of triviality then there you go.

• Locked thread