Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

TGLT posted:

Cool! This snopes page has a video of the incident in which you can pretty clearly see poo poo didn't get interrupted. The arrest was pretty blatantly more disruptive than the laughter.

edit: I mean I guess to be wholly fair to you, members of the jury anonymously said it was her behavior when being removed that got her convicted, but the thrust of the Justice Department's argument was that the laughter itself was disruptive.

Well, that's an egg on my face. From what I had read, it sounded like it had been a lot more disruptive than just that, like way above zero, but I guess that's news articles trying to make things more dramatic than it actually was. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Ramos posted:

Well, that's an egg on my face. From what I had read, it sounded like it had been a lot more disruptive than just that, like way above zero, but I guess that's news articles trying to make things more dramatic than it actually was. Thanks.

It really doesn't help that it is pretty hard to actually find video of the incident. And again, members of the jury themselves have said it was her behavior during her removal that they felt warranted the conviction, so how much the Justice Department's issue with her laughter matters isn't really clear.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

The bird with its mouth wide open isn't talking, while the bird with its mouth barely open is. Two Pulitzers.

Also, any excuse to draw precious precious Hillary again, eh Michael. Where's Wormbama? Surely he's up to some shenanigans worthy of scorn.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

TGLT posted:

It really doesn't help that it is pretty hard to actually find video of the incident. And again, members of the jury themselves have said it was her behavior during her removal that they felt warranted the conviction, so how much the Justice Department's issue with her laughter matters isn't really clear.

So according to the logic of the gently caress faces in this jury, United Airlines was wrong to remove the doctor from the plane, but it's still the doctors fault for getting injured while removed?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
FISH

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Know who loves #3, Fish? Those mentioned in #2.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

santanotreal posted:

So according to the logic of the gently caress faces in this jury, United Airlines was wrong to remove the doctor from the plane, but it's still the doctors fault for getting injured while removed?

"The jurors indicated they felt they had to convict Fairooz because of the way the laws are written, with yet another juror describing them as “so broad.” At least three jurors said it was fair to say they felt forced into convicting her. “There’s almost no way that you can find them not guilty,” one said." from the HuffPo article.

So totally different situation, probably with different laws.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

A good Ramirez? Hillary was a bad candidate with many real and imagined albatross?

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

TGLT posted:

"The jurors indicated they felt they had to convict Fairooz because of the way the laws are written, with yet another juror describing them as “so broad.” At least three jurors said it was fair to say they felt forced into convicting her. “There’s almost no way that you can find them not guilty,” one said." from the HuffPo article.

So totally different situation, probably with different laws.

I meant from the perspective of the one juror stating the laughing wasn't reason for removal, but her actions while being removed warranted prosecution.

Even then now I'm thinking about it my comparison makes no sense, so just ignore me hahaha

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

SwitchbladeKult posted:

The jury, according to the article, said it was wrong for them to remove her from the proceedings for laughing yet she can be sent to jail for resisting that same wrongful removal? :wtc:

:psyduck:

I mean, I guess I shouldn't be surprised because apparently in the US you can be arrested for resisting arrest even if there are no other charges.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

ToxicFrog posted:

:psyduck:

I mean, I guess I shouldn't be surprised because apparently in the US you can be arrested for resisting arrest even if there are no other charges.

This is in no way an isolated event in that respect. Being arrested for resisting arrest happens all the time across the entire county when cops want to arrest someone but don't have a legitimate reason to do so.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Faustian Bargain posted:

A good Ramirez? Hillary was a bad candidate with many real and imagined albatross?
Thank God Ramirez's golden boy had no scandals, lies, or other albatrosses around his neck, which is what made him the winning candidate.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

SwitchbladeKult posted:

The jury, according to the article, said it was wrong for them to remove her from the proceedings for laughing yet she can be sent to jail for resisting that same wrongful removal? :wtc:

Stop resisting, citizen.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Trump's a sucker that will believe anything. AGC

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Do you guys think I should post some of Steve Ditko's weirdass political rant comics that he printed in the back of Mr. A?

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

This is in no way an isolated event in that respect. Being arrested murdered for resisting arrest happens all the time across the entire county when cops want to arrest murder someone but don't have a legitimate reason to do so.

fixed

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Lurdiak posted:

Do you guys think I should post some of Steve Ditko's weirdass political rant comics that he printed in the back of Mr. A?

:justpost:

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Well yeah, that too. Depends on whether or not they're in a bad mood.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

loquacius posted:

I can understand why this might be a sore subject for Two Bulls, but if Native Americans didn't originate in the same place and time as every other subdivision of homo sapiens, the implication is that they're a separate species, which isn't really a great stance to take either
I feel like it's uncomfortable clash of science and native religious beliefs. Like, I can believe the land bridge was made up to justify taking native land (although loling at "They've only been here 15,000 years.") but the "Always Here" stance is a thing among natives. Like you said, it'd be a massive change for the origins of our species.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If the 130k years ago thing is real (and it's such an extraordinary claim you really want to take it with a grain of salt) then they wouldn't be homo sapiens. They'd probably be homo erectus or homo neanderthalensis. Either way it has absolutely no effect on the story of how and when native americans arrived in America.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Sandpuppy posted:

Trump's a sucker that will believe anything. AGC

Depicting Trump as Charlie Brown doesn't seem like the most flattering thing no matter how you cut it. Like, my memory of Charlie Brown is he's kind of a sad sack who couldn't really get things right. Maybe I'm super wrong, but in my defence Peanuts was a bit before my time.

Trumpie Brown finally built the border wall! But it's only 1 foot tall....

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Well! Here comes ol'e Donald Trump!

Good ol'e Donald Trump... Yes sir!

Good ol'e Donald Trump...

How I hate him!

Edit: should have been the full name, I'm an idiot. Also I feel bad using Trump in something good.

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 19:30 on May 4, 2017

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Oxyclean posted:

Depicting Trump as Charlie Brown doesn't seem like the most flattering thing no matter how you cut it. Like, my memory of Charlie Brown is he's kind of a sad sack who couldn't really get things right. Maybe I'm super wrong, but in my defence Peanuts was a bit before my time.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

:canada: posted:

BC polls are open! Tell #ChristyClark buh-bye.

#bcpoli #Vote

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Theresa May, the general election and Brexit – May has accused European politicians and officials of misrepresenting the UK’s position over Brexit in an attempt to affect the result of the general election" After Cecil Beaton.

Independent:

UK's financial obligations to EU will be 'incontestable', says Barnier

Times:

After Manet.

Evening Standard:

Prince Philip to step down from carrying out royal engagements

Mail:
MAC on... Britain's Brexit bill

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

ETA until the real Sean Spicer brings a security blanket to press briefings?

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
MAC on... Britain's Brexit bill

I sense Daves work behind this.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Oxyclean posted:

Charlie Brown was just a guy who tried his best and never did anything you could really fault him for, besides being a little optimistic and naive, the kind of person who you always felt was a victim of his circumstances. Trump is a guy who has been handed everything time after time after time, despite doing everything you figure he can possibly do to torpedo himself.

If anything, Charlie Brown's tragic character flaws include innocence and an inability to let go of some of his passions (kicking that football, winning a baseball game, the little red-haired girl). Trump is cynicism and vacillation personified.

He's like the opposite of Charlie Brown.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Chard posted:

hahahaha

Thank you :)

Soooooo flawed that he couldn't even label the fourth broad as gently caress albatross.

"Some things cost me the election but I take full responsibility"
WHY WON'T SHE ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY?????

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Duke Igthorn posted:

Soooooo flawed that he couldn't even label the fourth broad as gently caress albatross.

I thought they were seagulls by looking, until I thought about the metaphor he was probably going for.

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

His Trump caricature always makes me smile at how silly it is.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Faustian Bargain posted:

Thinking "a good ramirez" is like thinking "a good Breitbart article", and probably done by the same people for the same reasons.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben
Stopped clock is a thing unless Deak don't want it to be.

Also lol at the loving implication "You tink my abuela bad, Ur Nazi!"

Keep chuffing deak, maybe you can save democracy with its only hope, the Facebook guy, if you just die on that hill a little harder.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

No, gently caress you.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Duke Igthorn posted:

Look into your heart. You know what the label on the fourth albatross is.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Playstation 4 posted:

Keep chuffing deak, maybe you can save democracy with its only hope, the Facebook guy, if you just die on that hill a little harder.

I see you don't really get how the stopped clock works. If a stopped clock and a working clock say two different things, then if you say you like the stopped clock time, you're a loving idiot.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Discendo Vox posted:

Does it begin with any letter from A through C or E through Z?

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Playstation 4 posted:

Do you think this "my abuela" thing is funny?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Discendo Vox posted:

Nah, it's too small, and not crosshatched enough, to be DEBT!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
BEN GHAZI

• Locked thread