Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Lakbay posted:

How about a recommendation for a good case that can fit your switch, games, and power bank?

Someone might prove me wrong (or maybe already has? ) but I feel like any charger worth its salt is probably bulky enough that it kinda fucks up the idea of having everything in a NINTENDO SWITCH case. Maybe a bag or something...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

pixaal posted:

Goons recommended this 20,000mAh battery for $30 in the Switch thread I don't go out much with my switch but I've never had it die and I think the lights on the side at a percentage indicator and if so I've never had it go to 75%. I've had the switch and a pro-controller plugged in for 2-3 hours on it. It's just over 4.5 times the size of the battery that comes with the switch. It weighs a good bit.

e: USB-C cable can matter, goons had good luck with this cable not causing a fire. There's a ton of cheap cables out there apparently.

Tons of help. Thank you!

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Won't the charge rate be way lower with an A to C cable/power bank?

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I plant counterfeit amiibo chips in common household objects

My jar of spaghetti summons Mario

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.
Do the purple sparks only work on some tracks in mk8d? I'm doing the bell cup at 150cc and they're just not working.

Edit: never mind, I somehow had smart steering turned on.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

Feenix posted:

Someone might prove me wrong (or maybe already has? ) but I feel like any charger worth its salt is probably bulky enough that it kinda fucks up the idea of having everything in a NINTENDO SWITCH case. Maybe a bag or something...

The case that came with BotW Special edition can comfortably fit a USB power bank and cable. At least, my 12,000 mAh Tronsmart Presto fits just fine with along with headphones and the joycon straps.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Ridley Scott, directing the next Metroid game. Story, setting, everything.

Would there be any flaw in this plan?

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

There's an article on Reddit that suggests this is the best power bank to get:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LRQDAEI

It certainly is one of the more expensive ones at $75, but supposedly it's as good as using Nintendo's original AC adapter since it can crank out 30W of power via USB-PD (Power Delivery.) It's also rated at 26800 mAh so at least it'll last ya.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
e:fb

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Binary Badger posted:

There's an article on Reddit that suggests this is the best power bank to get:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LRQDAEI

It certainly is one of the more expensive ones at $75, but supposedly it's as good as using Nintendo's original AC adapter since it can crank out 30W of power via USB-PD (Power Delivery.) It's also rated at 26800 mAh so at least it'll last ya.

Jesus christ.. what about that thing justifies the claimed MSRP of 200 bucks? Also, be warned you could have issues (if anyone checks) on an airplane because I think the cap is 20,000 mAh

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
Thumper is a really nice heart attack simulator

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Feenix posted:

Jesus christ.. what about that thing justifies the claimed MSRP of 200 bucks? Also, be warned you could have issues (if anyone checks) on an airplane because I think the cap is 20,000 mAh

it better jerk me off for $200

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Cojawfee posted:

There are some pirated amiibos on their way to your house and I've already informed the authorities.

:kingsley: Not like this! :coolspot:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

eonwe posted:

it better jerk me off for $200

:same:

also I was half expecting an email about being unable to fulfill my order but they appeared!

In the :smug: color combination.

(Preowned? How? :psyduck: also they were like $60)

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

:same:

also I was half expecting an email about being unable to fulfill my order but they appeared!

In the :smug: color combination.

Somebody bought a neon switch and they wanted the gray joycons so they purchased those separately once they were available and sold the neon joycons

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Honestly I would have thrown the neon joycons in the trash where they belong.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

smdh at all the haters with no joy in their hearts itt

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Neon is the path, the way to the light. The truth.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Beastie posted:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Neon is for bad people.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Beastie posted:

:yeah:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Beastie posted:

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
Eagerly awaiting the blue/yellow combination which is the real poo poo

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I have gray joy cons only because the neon Switch was sold out. No reason to buy extras until the inevitable cooler variants are out later on.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

The guy who owned these before you didn't even own a Switch. The Slow Cooker Guy strikes again!

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Spacebump posted:

I have gray joy cons only because the neon Switch was sold out. No reason to buy extras until the inevitable cooler variants are out later on.

Pray4SpiceOrange

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

incoherent posted:

Pray4SpiceOrange

Oh my god, yes!

Bleh Maestro
Aug 30, 2003
Does anyone else think they should just port the entire Wii U first party library to switch?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Bleh Maestro posted:

Does anyone else think they should just port the entire Wii U first party library to switch?

After Mario Kart sold like a million copies or whatever, I feel pretty sure we're gonna see more ports. I just hope it doesn't conflict with actual new poo poo being made.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Why is every post you make so sad :(

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Mario maker please that looked neat when it was announced :kiddo:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Mario maker please that looked neat when it was announced :kiddo:

Hmmmm...

Hell...

Yeh

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

enojy posted:

After Mario Kart sold like a million copies or whatever, I feel pretty sure we're gonna see more ports. I just hope it doesn't conflict with actual new poo poo being made.

In today's game industry there are a bunch of studios built around doing high caliber HD remasters (i.e. HexaDrive, Bluepoint, Nightdive) so you ideally want to hire a group like them to head up a remaster. Of course, a lot of original game developers do them in-house like with MK8DX, Bayonetta Wii U, or Gears of War Ultimate (just to name a few) but the option is there to contract your remaster out.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Bleh Maestro posted:

Yes. There's so many gems that just about everyone missed. 3D World, Captain Toad, Tropical Freeze, W101, Bayonetta 2, etc.

I'd even like the Zelda ports to come out again on Switch. Playing Wind Waker HD on the go would own.

I didn't list Smash and Mario Maker since both those are pretty much guaranteed in some form.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 00:52 on May 5, 2017

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

SeANMcBAY posted:

Yes. There's so many gems that just about everyone missed. 3D World, Captain Toad, Tropical Freeze, W101, Bayonetta 2, etc.

I'd even like the Zelda ports to come out again on Switch. Playing Wind Waker HD on the go would own.

I really thought about buying a Wind waker Wii U console at one point. Couldn't justify it. Wind Waker HD-HD is a day one for me now.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I would love to play all the zeldas on my Switch.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Gonna get two of every color and choose Joycons based on mood.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Cojawfee posted:

I would love to play all the zeldas on my Switch.

You can pretty much do so on Wii U right now so it's only fair Switch could too.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Where's my fuckin CDi collection Nintendo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

What the hell..

• Locked thread