Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
There's some rule of being an obnoxious twitter pundit where you're not allowed to just admit fault and correct something, you must either quietly delete the tweet, block everyone, or make your account private.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

HIJK posted:

For reference, the original novel by Agatha Christie was about the train.

Oh, the Orient Express that runs from Paris to Istanbul (not Constantinople)?

So a stupid person jumped on a thing she didn't understand to 'call out' racism she inferred because of the aforementioned stupid. Got it.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
She later doubled down on it but her tweets are protected now

quote:

I'm just going to ignore you crunchy rear end canonbros excusing the casting of Orient Express. Still on the British = White beat. Sure Jan.

— Rebecca Theodore (@FilmFatale_NYC) May 3, 2017

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

fast cars loose anus posted:

She later doubled down on it but her tweets are protected now

How the gently caress is "crunchybros" even an insult. Why do these types always revert to made up elementary school words.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

HIJK posted:

How the gently caress is "crunchybros" even an insult. Why do these types always revert to made up elementary school words.

Sexism is bad.

I will display my disdain for sexism by making up a deliberately gendered insult by combining a random word with 'bro'.

I don't have any sense of irony.

Furthermore, may I present 'crackerbro' as the next evolution.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
She eventually got around to saying that movies cast people in gender- or race-bent roles all the time, and she's not wrong but its also pretty obvious she was trying to escape the idiocy of the initial tweet

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

A

Not a Step posted:

Sexism is bad.

I will display my disdain for sexism by making up a deliberately gendered insult by combining a random word with 'bro'.

I don't have any sense of irony.

Furthermore, may I present 'crackerbro' as the next evolution.

There's a lot of idiots out there seem hellbent on eating their own or being actually as nasty, just as nasty as a lot of right winger.

Katie Halper for example is getting attacked by Clinonites at the moment, accused ot "Not being a feminist" because she fails their form of a purity test. You then have idiots speaking for broad groups of people going "WELL POC DO NOT LIKE X POLICY". Which gets even more amusing when a person who's african american actually calls them out their idiotic prejudices.

https://twitter.com/BenjaminPDixon/status/859749526927806468

I'm actually to the bizarre point where I respect people who are a minority that vote republican/trump rather than kow-tow to these idiots. I'm really tired of these people hiding behind the LGBT, Black and Hispanic communities as "shields" to excuse their shittiness.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

HIJK posted:

also why do they gender their insults

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
imagine, if you will, the shitstorm that would come of a movie called "Murder on the Orient Express" being cast with asian people

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Its Battle Royale, but on a train

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

get that OUT of my face posted:

That's the go-to argument for these people, "everyone who opposes *insert my policy preference here* is a white dude!" Doesn't matter if it has zero statistical backing and could be easily disproved with polling data.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

my favorite case of erasure by idpol libs is this first-generation pakistani-american who questions the usefulness of such tactics. he's been called "white" numerous times by such idiots

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
amaazingly, this is the intersectionality thread

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Everytime I see idpol people getting pissed at pop culture, I now think of this thanks to the cumboys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx0gU9ZwsnU&t=2m48s

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Its because a bunch of the loudest wokes aren't mad about sexism or racism, they're mad they can't take revenge. The hate, anger, and fear that powers those Proud Boy morons isn't unique to white people.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

FuzzySkinner posted:

A

There's a lot of idiots out there seem hellbent on eating their own or being actually as nasty, just as nasty as a lot of right winger.

Katie Halper for example is getting attacked by Clinonites at the moment, accused ot "Not being a feminist" because she fails their form of a purity test. You then have idiots speaking for broad groups of people going "WELL POC DO NOT LIKE X POLICY". Which gets even more amusing when a person who's african american actually calls them out their idiotic prejudices.

https://twitter.com/BenjaminPDixon/status/859749526927806468

I'm actually to the bizarre point where I respect people who are a minority that vote republican/trump rather than kow-tow to these idiots. I'm really tired of these people hiding behind the LGBT, Black and Hispanic communities as "shields" to excuse their shittiness.

They aren't hiding behind those communities, they just know what's best for these communities, obviously, being objectively superior. It's their duty to guide idiot minorities into the future. God knows if it wasn't for identity politics black people would be throwing spears at mexicans who would return fire with razor-rim sombreros, kung lao style. To say nothing of the poor women, who would forget they even had vaginas, and begin to slowly disappear...

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

FisheyStix posted:

They aren't hiding behind those communities, they just know what's best for these communities, obviously, being objectively superior. It's their duty to guide idiot minorities into the future. God knows if it wasn't for identity politics black people would be throwing spears at mexicans who would return fire with razor-rim sombreros, kung lao style. To say nothing of the poor women, who would forget they even had vaginas, and begin to slowly disappear...

???

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Pretty sure neoliberals are like vampires, when someone shows them a mirror they can't understand what they are seeing.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

http://www.businessinsider.com/democrats-chant-at-house-gop-after-ahca-vote-2017-5

https://twitter.com/JordanChariton/status/860294855477559300

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/860257117365776384

https://twitter.com/samknight1/status/860148883619553281

We have some sociopaths running this goddamn country.

e: The best part is Democrats/Left Leaning friends on twitter being redpilled as to how lovely the Dems are. I'm seeing calls for these assholes being primaried out and being told "SINGLE PAYER OR GET THE gently caress OUT" popping up all over my feed.

FuzzySkinner has issued a correction as of 01:52 on May 5, 2017

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FuzzySkinner posted:

e: The best part is Democrats/Left Leaning friends on twitter being redpilled as to how lovely the Dems are. I'm seeing calls for these assholes being primaried out and being told "SINGLE PAYER OR GET THE gently caress OUT" popping up all over my feed.

2020 will roll around, Trump will be re-elected, and these same people will cry out "Singlepay-bros" as Judas' bastard children for not being "pragmatic."

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Taintrunner posted:

2020 will roll around, Trump will be re-elected, and these same people will cry out "Singlepay-bros" as Judas' bastard children for not being "pragmatic."

Didn't mean to empty quote, but I think the electorate will be pissed at this, and will remain so.

The idiots that have the bluecheckmarks and carried the Bernie bro mantra? Are picking up right where they left.

FuzzySkinner has issued a correction as of 02:05 on May 5, 2017

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

nancy pelosi is so awful, she makes tom perez look like a marxist

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

POLITICAL CAPITAL

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Uncle Wemus posted:

POLITICAL CAPITAL

Nancy Pelosi's political capital is in her bank account, gently caress you got hers

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

FuzzySkinner posted:

http://www.businessinsider.com/democrats-chant-at-house-gop-after-ahca-vote-2017-5

https://twitter.com/JordanChariton/status/860294855477559300

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/860257117365776384

https://twitter.com/samknight1/status/860148883619553281

We have some sociopaths running this goddamn country.

gently caress these liberal cunts. thanks to them, i have probaly just lost my healthcare. gently caress them. gently caress them all.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Dapper_Swindler posted:

gently caress these liberal cunts. thanks to them, i have probaly just lost my healthcare. gently caress them. gently caress them all.

How is it thanks to them?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

they put themselves in a position to let their signature wonk policy get killed by a bunch of mass murderers

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

He's referring to the Dem going hard neoliberal/not doing against the Tea Party raise once Obama was elected along with Clinton clearing the field for her 2016 run. The Dems only have old neo-liberals left as leaders.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

they put themselves in a position to let their signature wonk policy get killed by a bunch of mass murderers

The country voted for "change", and what they THOUGHT they were getting with "Change" was

-Regulating, Breaking up the banks.
-Single payer, Universal Healthcare like the rest of the world
-Economic recovery in the midst of the 2008 economic collapse.
-Ending the wars in Iraq, Afgahnistan
-A rejection of neoliberalism, neoconservativism. (Votes against the GOP, Hillary in the primary)

What we got...was...neoliberalism and a continuation of many Bush era policies. Even TARP was half-assed as gently caress. Hell Obama even tried to sell Social Security down the loving river.

ACA was a house of cards that the GOP was going to blow down the moment it got into the executive branch.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Dapper_Swindler posted:

loving owned as heck

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

CHANGE CAME TO AMERICA

*immediately hires all clinton people to cabinet*

*does nothing*

Why is everyone mad?

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Uncle Wemus posted:

CHANGE CAME TO AMERICA

*immediately hires all clinton people to cabinet*

*does nothing*

Why is everyone mad?

Michelle upon Trump winning

"Now we know what not having Hope feels like"

What was this "Hope"? lovely incrementalism? Vague platitudes? Id. Pol mixed with predatory capitalism?

Michelle and her husband get to go vacation with billionaires on yachts. We get to be finger wagged at anytime anyone stands up to go "Hey it's hosed up Barack is taking 400k from wall street for a speech" while people's healthcare gets taken away.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Lmfao

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
im missing the joke

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

rudatron posted:

im missing the joke

This thread is the joke

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Sorry, I'm not following you. Could you care to explain?

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

FuzzySkinner posted:

Michelle upon Trump winning

"Now we know what not having Hope feels like"

What was this "Hope"? lovely incrementalism? Vague platitudes? Id. Pol mixed with predatory capitalism?

It was the cool HOPE bumper sticker with the cool Obama logo printed as the cool period to the cool HOPE that made all those cool moneydollars.

Because HOPE was cool. And sellable. And super profitable.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HIJK posted:

It was the cool HOPE bumper sticker with the cool Obama logo printed as the cool period to the cool HOPE that made all those cool moneydollars.

Because HOPE was cool. And sellable. And super profitable.

Now we got no cash, no jobs and no HOPE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

because they had a decent amount candidates to run against trump, but they chose Clinton because it was her turn, and she didn't do poo poo, she had every advantage at hand but used none of them and instead hired some retarded bean counter to run computer magic and didn't even try to get anyone to vote for her. so she hosed up and lost and now the DNC has full put its head up its rear end and has refused to move leftward and instead focus on stupid bullshit while trump and the GOP gently caress the country in the rear end.

Bip Roberts posted:

loving owned as heck

oh gently caress off. i am genuinely mad at both sides right now. I know a bunch of people who will lose healthcare if this poo poo goes all the way to the top including myself. The right for being evil monsterus fucks and the dnc for being idiots who have their heads up their asses.

• Locked thread