Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I have to go grocery shopping tonight but I'm kinda worried that they won't have the flavor of snowcone that I want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I bought a very small and very expensive item.
I'm terrified that the postman will throw it near my door instead of leaving it with the office like they're supposed to.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I get confused by how Chinese words are romanized now and I don't like it.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
DHL gave my package to an unknown person with a shady looking signature.

"It's been delivered"

No poo poo. But you were supposed to deliver it to a specific person. Now my chances of being deported just went up significantly. Good job fuckwits.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

my seborrheic dermatitis/blepharitis/whatever the gently caress is flaring up but I haven't changed anything about my skin routine :mad: I'm so itchy

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Outrail posted:

DHL gave my package to an unknown person with a shady looking signature.

"It's been delivered"

No poo poo. But you were supposed to deliver it to a specific person. Now my chances of being deported just went up significantly. Good job fuckwits.

My USPS delivery person signed my name on a Certified/Registered letter and left it in my mailbox. While I was home.

I'm pretty sure legally that's some sort of federal offense, but the most I got out of it was a half-assed "apology"written on the back of a blank tracking slip, and is most likely the reason my mail and the mail from the 2 families downstairs are constantly getting mixed together, despite having 3 very separate mailboxes and address numbers, and all 3 of us having lived at these addresses for 2-3 years now.

My mail lady hates me apparently, which sucks because I'm not even the one who called her branch to complain (I mostly jokingly told the story to my wife who mostly jokingly told it to her retired Postmaster dad who called my branch and complained).

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
If they did their loving job properly, they wouldn't have had any complaints.

It pisses me off particularly because I'm dealing with that at work. One of the other security guards isn't doing poo poo he's supposed to on his shifts and has the brass to complain to me about the higher ups getting on his case. If you did your loving patrols and checked the loving trailers like you're supposed to, no one would be loving badgering you!

f u c k

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Malachite_Dragon posted:

If they did their loving job properly, they wouldn't have had any complaints.

It pisses me off particularly because I'm dealing with that at work. One of the other security guards isn't doing poo poo he's supposed to on his shifts and has the brass to complain to me about the higher ups getting on his case. If you did your loving patrols and checked the loving trailers like you're supposed to, no one would be loving badgering you!

f u c k

yeah :agreed: but I knew that complaining would result in the poo poo I'm dealing with now, so it was whatever. I live in a nice neighborhood so it's not like there was an actual concern someone would steal a registered letter containing random tax documents, but it's kind of lovely to do sign someone's name like that, and even more lovely because I know for a fact she didn't knock or ring the doorbell like she was supposed to, since I was home that day.

Trying to get results from government/municipal employees like postal workers or cops or whatever is one of the biggest "screaming into an uncaring void" feelings there is, there is absolutely zero accountability.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Only in my case the package contained three years worth of personal diaries that I absolutely need to complete my immigration paperwork. 'Sign on delivery' was the whole point. I might end up deported because of this.

He signed his own name, and now left a letter at the delivery address demanding the package back (which means he can't remember where he delivered it, and since his hand written letter has his Sig I know he signed for it). He's either stolen something with no monetary value or dumped it at the wrong place almost a week ago so who the gently caress knows.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

We have too much food to put in the new kitchen so we have to buy a new cupboard to store most of our ingredients. The old place had a pantry but this place doesn't.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
I brought a new motorbike and the seat is owning my tailbone so now when I stand up from my desk at work I look like i've had a train run on me

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
This is bordering on an actual problem:

My phone (and only my phone) will randomly no longer connect to my apartment's WiFi, stalling everything. The device simply says "Connected, no Internet" until I disable and re-enable the WiFi setting on my phone.

What the everloving Christ. Sometimes I don't even get fifteen minutes before it happens. Google is no help. Verizon has been no help.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
I kissed my wife and she said I tasted like salami

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Jeff Sichoe posted:

I kissed my wife and she said I tasted like salami

Are you sure she was describing your face?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I just found out that Froot Loops are actually all the same flavor, and just colored differently. :smith:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The wifi adapters I got for my two computers are fine but don't connect right away when the computer wakes up.

Also, gently caress Comcast. I had 150mbps at my old house and now at this apartment I'm lucky to get 13.
I get why and I loving gently caress gently caress gently caress hate it ugh.

American internet is a joke.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
My bf doesn't have a smart phone so I have to email him links or photos or screenshots of funny things, instead of just being able to text a link or photo. What is this, the stone ages?

I assume that when I text him the text of the Indian men on internet thread like "u wan fuc u lesbo milk bags" he doesn't quite understand the context..

Outrail posted:

Only in my case the package contained three years worth of personal diaries that I absolutely need to complete my immigration paperwork. 'Sign on delivery' was the whole point. I might end up deported because of this.

He signed his own name, and now left a letter at the delivery address demanding the package back (which means he can't remember where he delivered it, and since his hand written letter has his Sig I know he signed for it). He's either stolen something with no monetary value or dumped it at the wrong place almost a week ago so who the gently caress knows.

You really should of report this to everyone--not goons I mean-- and especially the immigration people. You have proof. Though I really hope the immigration people aren't as incompetent as the mail assholes. Side story (doesn't really help making my suggestion helpful but still you should report it). Anyways: when I was getting my citizenship the interviewer, an extremely high and important person, told me, in broken English with a huge accent, to write down "I like apple pie and baseball" as proof that I could speak and write in English. Unless you're super astute you can't even tell I have an accent, or that I sometimes use conjunctions and sentences that are grammatically correct in Russian but not in English. By all means I sound like a pure American :patriot: I mean yeah that's just policy but lol.

E: some more content! This Uber driver immediately picked up that I was Russian because of aforementioned tiny accent; specifically, voice intonation. I wrote him a great review cause we had a cool talk in Russian, and he was awesome in general, but I still worry about good Uber drivers because they have to always have good reviews or they get fired so I hope he always has good reviews because he was super cool :ohdear:

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 04:48 on May 4, 2017

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Thin Privilege posted:

My bf doesn't have a smart phone so I have to email him links or photos or screenshots of funny things, instead of just being able to text a link or photo. What is this, the stone ages?

I assume that when I text him the text of the Indian men on internet thread like "u wan fuc u lesbo milk bags" he doesn't quite understand the context..

Are you dating some hobo?

Own fwp:
I'm getting taught how to program our inhouse software. Now learning the ropes on the code we are using is not too bad as I can just put my problem into google and find a solution. But this software is ages old and has some functions that are only specifically used by our company so I just need to hope some of the other programmers know how it works. But it bugs me that I can't find a solution by myself, and realize how dumb I am.

Helios Grime has a new favorite as of 07:03 on May 4, 2017

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Thin Privilege posted:

E: some more content! This Uber driver immediately picked up that I was Russian because of aforementioned tiny accent; specifically, voice intonation. I wrote him a great review cause we had a cool talk in Russian, and he was awesome in general, but I still worry about good Uber drivers because they have to always have good reviews or they get fired so I hope he always has good reviews because he was super cool :ohdear:

I had an Uber driver in a city I was a complete stranger to. He must have thought I was a fellow Muslim because the whole ride he had the radio set to a station where a British presenter was having a discussion with a Hamas government rep which consisted of like 90% railing against the Jews and Israeli Jews in particular. The driver didn't say anything, but kept looking at me encouragingly for reactions to the things being said on the radio.

I'm an Israeli Jew, by the way.

I gave him 4 stars because aside from the whole "here listen to this screed against the Jews" thing he was very nice and got me where I needed to go very expeditiously. He even offered me a bottle of water or some potato chips.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I had to uninstall and then reinstall Whatsapp on my phone because of a minor technical issue, and it wiped all my recently used emoji, so I'll have to go hunt them down again in the huge menus :(

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I bought a used truck a couple weeks ago and dropped it off today to get inspected.

I knew it would need some work, but hot drat, it's more than I figured.
It needs all 4 ball joints, 4 tires, front brakes, and rear shocks. gently caress me, will probably cost close to what I paid for the truck just to fix it.

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

Regular belt loop is too loose, going one smaller is too tight.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
My boss is so good at his job, I have no idea why he hasn't already left for a better paying job somewhere else.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica
One of the guys on the podcast I've been working with probably hosed up recording his audio locally, which means we'll likely have to scrap this weeks episode :(

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
My work van overheated today. So I am using a coworker's van tomorrow, and mine should be fixed by Monday. IF we get approval from the corporate chain. But see, they are closed weekends, and the tech at the shop comes in Saturday, so I might have to get a rental on Monday. I hate rental vans.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

DrBouvenstein posted:

I bought a used truck a couple weeks ago and dropped it off today to get inspected.

I knew it would need some work, but hot drat, it's more than I figured.
It needs all 4 ball joints, 4 tires, front brakes, and rear shocks. gently caress me, will probably cost close to what I paid for the truck just to fix it.

I went to talk to a guy at a dealership today, and got told "No, we don't allow offsite inspections", and just loving bailed for that exact reason.

My FWP is that I found a beautiful SUV for only like 1500 more bucks than I have in my budget to throw at a new vehicle. It doesn't have the hands free bluetooth stuff, but god drat the inside of that car was immaculate. For a ~11 year old car that is just a miracle.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Why do people insist on dumping un-curated photo albums on Flickr? I'm looking through a page to find some photos and several of the over four hundred I have to click through could very well be taken down (duplicates taken less than a second apart, blurry shots, etc.).

Mikl has a new favorite as of 06:54 on May 5, 2017

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Thank you to the Lasership driver who left my package at the foot of the entrance to my house during massive flash floods all day, instead of climbing literally 3 steps and leaving it on the landing, which is covered by a metal awning.

e: I just went to pick up the box and it literally fell apart in my hands lol

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Oh yeah also some sort of animal has been popping the lid of our trash can outside and going to town on the contents. Last night when I took the trash out I double-bagged it, and I clipped a bungee cord over the lid. Woke up this morning and whatever animal it is just popped the lid enough to slide it out from under the cord. Not sure what my next move is, but right now it's raccoon/possibly this one groundhog I keep seeing 3, me 0 :mad:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Why the hell can I no longer upload images to the mobile imgur site without using their lovely dumb app

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
I want to be gay as poo poo but I live in a poo poo area for that

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I'm in line at the store and this guy keeps staring at what I'm buying.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

What are you buying

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Why the hell can I no longer upload images to the mobile imgur site without using their lovely dumb app

OMG WTF THIS MAKES ME IRRATIONALLY ANGRY. THEIR APP IS A USELESS PIECE OF poo poo AND ARGHH IM TOO LAZY TO FIND THE ANGER SMILIE

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
:argh:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Imgur has to have the most toxic userbase ever if you read the comments.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Mu Zeta posted:

Imgur has to have the most toxic userbase ever if you read the comments.

it's like 20% "awesome pic! let me post a gif of ron burgundy clapping!" and 80% people who were too vitriolic for 4chan

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Poldarn posted:

Regular belt loop is too loose, going one smaller is too tight.

Oh god, this is my life right now. How can one inch between belt notches make such a difference? On one notch I can take my jeans off with the belt still done up but one notch tighter is uncomfortably snug. Related problem: I'm in the process of losing a bunch of weight so all my clothes are cartoonishly big on me but I don't want to buy new clothes until I lose a few more pounds so I just look like I don't know how to dress myself.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

oldpainless posted:

What are you buying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlZDtPVzOwA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I've been watching/listening through the F Plus 24 hour stream, and I have MMMBop stuck in my head. Also hour 19 was completely boring and unfunny so I had to skip it.