Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
We know that whatever is in the chair:

1) Has some kind of life signs (capable of having a "code blue").
2) Suppresses the effects of a magical tumor.
3) Makes Poppy sad when she looks at it.

The idea that it's an opossum, or at least part of one, is just adding two and two.

Rand Brittain posted:

That's kind of gross given that it really ought to be possible to accomplish the same effect with paid possum retainers.

That would imply that possums have a right to have their feelings considered, or hang around the high king in any capacity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

idonotlikepeas posted:

The idea that it's an opossum, or at least part of one, is just adding two and two.

That would imply that possums have a right to have their feelings considered, or hang around the high king in any capacity.

There's also a panel in this page where you can see part of what looks like an opossum tail poking out of the back of the chair.

Or maybe it's a dick. Dicks chairs are a fetish, right?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Nuns with Guns posted:

There's also a panel in this page where you can see part of what looks like an opossum tail poking out of the back of the chair.

:nws:Burn After Reading says yes.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

all i want is more funny faces from the cat lady

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

idonotlikepeas posted:

Yeah, check the bottom row here, that's pretty damning evidence.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

YggiDee posted:

Also she talks about her failures making it necessary for people to sign their lives away for her father.

JuniperCake fucked around with this message at 01:10 on May 5, 2017

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

YggiDee posted:

JuniperCake posted:

Also she talks about her failures making it necessary for people to sign their lives away for her father.

Poppy herself also explicitly confirms that Opossum blood has a magic suppressing effect in the previous chapter. There's a lot of circumstancial evidence and it doesn't go anywhere good.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Niton posted:

Poppy herself also explicitly confirms that Opossum blood has a magic suppressing effect in the previous chapter. There's a lot of circumstancial evidence and it doesn't go anywhere good.

Oh, yeah, and if the opossum is a constant blood donor instead of just having to sit in the back of the chair because nobody wants to look at opossums all day, that would explain why the system has occasional wobbles.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Nuns with Guns posted:

It's the rabbit character's arms inside of some "gloves" that are built into the bubble. You can see the they have both arms in two distinct tubes in the next page.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Successful Businessmanga posted:

It's the rabbit character's arms inside of some "gloves" that are built into the bubble. You can see the they have both arms in two distinct tubes in the next page.

The arms are above the tail/thing in that panel, which pokes out near the base of the chair

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Oh wow! I looked at that like 5 times trying to see what you were talking about and still completely missed that haha! Nice catch!

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

In case anyone is still missing it:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
So, that poor bastard is essentially a living dialysis machine in an attempt to curtail 'seer-magic-overclocking-supercancer'.

:stare:

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

ConanThe3rd posted:

My rewards for the Lets Speak English Kickstarter came in and I got the comic I wanted and I couldn't be happier with my commission (Which is an OC for a novel so I won't put it here)

drat you, that was my first choice (and probably a lot of people's)!

I got my third choice. On reflection, I think I prefer that one to my second choice.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Of course Desmond Fishman would use Comic Sans.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Nuns with Guns posted:

wow I just realized he's saying 'activation' (finishes on the next page), not Act 4

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

idonotlikepeas posted:

In case anyone is still missing it:

I can't believe how blind you are - that's a Clevin.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I can't believe how blind you are - that's a Clevin.
I'm genuinely disappointed that you didn't make an edited image and put it in the quote tags. You're losing your touch.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 07:59 on May 5, 2017

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I am on a phone. The Clevining must wait.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Clevin and Clell

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I am on a phone. The Clevining must wait.
It's too late, the moment's passed, you missed your chance.

You have failed us, Coward Of The Candles.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

live footage of Bravest

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

live footage of Bravest

hahaha

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Is there a Green Party in the UK?

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

Cat Mattress posted:

Got a better one for him

(sorry desmond)

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Cat Mattress posted:

I think he could probably take up the banner of the Space Owl Party, which has a noted Green Issues bias.

AWK AWK

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Pyroclastic posted:

drat you, that was my first choice (and probably a lot of people's)!

I got my third choice. On reflection, I think I prefer that one to my second choice.

If it makes you feel better I'm going to get it framed.

My ALTs were Conjecture and Tactful

Cat Mattress posted:

Yes. They don't have much of a presence.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 08:07 on May 6, 2017

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Woah, poo poo, Poppy. :staredog:

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Sounds like a trap.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Yeah, but I'm not sure what the handle is. Not sure why he'd want to inform poppy about his smuggling operation and superpower just to... take her out? I dunno.

I mean, it also seems silly to explain his power to the other possums, I thought he was being secretive about it.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

The details he's providing might not be entirely accurate. He could be trying to discredit her to get his own ambassador in.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Pavlov posted:

Yeah, but I'm not sure what the handle is. Not sure why he'd want to inform poppy about his smuggling operation and superpower just to... take her out?

Because he's a smug tit.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
PvP seems like it's really starting to run out of ideas. Normally I actually like his "Meme superheroes" gags but this one is just...like...c'mon, just go back to Lolbat, this is a one-panel joke that you're going to drag out again.

I don't hate PvP as much as some goons do, I think Kurtz has made some really great and funny story arcs, albeit not so much lately. But between the awkward attempts to be relevant politically (and catch that Tumblr cash that the Dumbing of Age guy is sucking down) and how completely static all of the characters have become, it just feels like he's long since passed the natural ending point for this cast of characters.

Table Titans is actually entertaining--well, moreso last "season" than this one--and I feel like he'd only be improved if he retired PvP with a big grand finale and actually focused on giving TT some actual full-page updates like it clearly demands.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Didn't Kurtz announce a while back that it's actually someone else writing PvP Online these days?

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Did PvP have any ideas to begin with

SuperHappy
Aug 22, 2004

feel the rhythm with your hands
I'm a little late re: Gay comics... but while it ended a while back, and i'll be the first to admit that parts of it haven't exactly aged like wine, I'm still pretty proud of ol' Girlyyy

okbye

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

SuperHappy posted:

I'm a little late re: Gay comics... but while it ended a while back, and i'll be the first to admit that parts of it haven't exactly aged like wine, I'm still pretty proud of ol' Girlyyy

okbye
Wendy was the first webcomic I ever read so I 100% blame you for my addiction to online media.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Oh Joy Sex Toy reads like it was made by a super-progressive Stepford Wife. The need to be positive about all forms of sex is so mechanical and desperate.

It's basically a crappy gamer comic but with loving instead of video games.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

super sweet best pal posted:

It's basically a crappy gamer comic but with loving instead of video games.
at the very least I think we can agree that being a sextoy webcomic is tough and takes a lot of bravery and strength

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

RIP pepe

:feelsgood:

• Locked thread