Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

It raised 100 a month from last year, and is slated to rise more.

It's like throwing 300$ a month away

And as far as I knew the plan was "Repeal and Replace Obamacare with something better"

be critical of everything, the msm, everything

well, if donald trump or paul ryan or mitch says it, just believe it, don't question it

buckin' the establishment here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

And as far as I knew the plan was "Repeal and Replace Obamacare with something better"

And we're all still waiting but so far they've just proposed what amounts to a huge tax cut to rich people and insurance companies while pretending like the concept of a "high risk pool" isn't a contradiction in terms.

Even conservative NGOs are calling it dumb. Even CATO is calling it dumb.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Trump voters made the right decision. Through one door they had "man eating lion" through the other "probably a man eating lion". Makes sense to take the second one even if you know you're probably still going to get eaten alive.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Yug posted:

As a young healthy guy this will probably work out for me just fine. But I also work in healthcare so I hope we still get bodies through the door, at least long enough for them to pay up.

Lol, lets you hope you get customers still *fingers crossed*

Paying customers of course :wink:

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
This bill doesn't even remove the ACA regulations that are ostensibly the cause of insurers pulling out of the market so it doesn't even solve the one thing it sets out to fix.

I just don't get why anyone supports these people.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Lol, lets you hope you get customers still *fingers crossed*

Paying customers of course :wink:

My bonus pretty much depends on it.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Yug posted:

Trump voters made the right decision. Through one door they had "man eating lion" through the other "probably a man eating lion". Makes sense to take the second one even if you know you're probably still going to get eaten alive.

you're still here defending him, though, so obviously you think he's something other than a man eating lion

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

COMRADES posted:

This bill doesn't even remove the ACA regulations that are ostensibly the cause of insurers pulling out of the market so it doesn't even solve the one thing it sets out to fix.

Probably because the Democratic party promises all this poo poo like Single Payer Healthcare and Bernie Sanders and then they just stab their constituency in the back over and over and over and then Shillbots like Lemming come in here railing against the evil republicans

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.
God I hate the political establishment and MSM.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

COMRADES posted:

Tribal identity, mostly. Facts never enter into it

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Probably because the Democratic party promises all this poo poo like Single Payer Healthcare and Bernie Sanders and then they just stab their constituency in the back over and over and over and then Shillbots like Lemming come in here railing against the evil republicans
The Republicans were just celebrating with light beer about voting to take away healthcare from 24 million Americans, who will most certainly die from being unable to afford treatment or their prescriptions, while cutting taxes for the rich and allowing insurance companies to gouge its customers for more. It's not hard to paint that as evil.

No false equivalence about the Democrats funneling money to the insurance companies, but keeping those millions of people alive, is ever going to change that.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

says the person who non stop goes to bat for the gop and trump while consistently arguing against all of bernie's ideas

"I don't really want single payer because i'd prefer health be rationed by wealth because wealth shows how useful you are to humanity."

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Yug posted:

I have to admit, I was a bit leery about the republican healthcare plan. Before listening to the republicans explain it I was skeptical. But then as I continued to listen it made me think to myself and I had to admit, what they said made a lot of sense. I found my self nodding along as they were talking and by the end, I was even standing up and applauding. I think this has a chance to really help out people struggling with high premiums and give people back a choice that they lost with obamacare. If the Senate doesn't screw it up this could be a really good thing.

Aaaaah come on man, you laid it on too thick with this one. The rest were good but this one gives it away

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Single payer is a pipe dream that's never happening. A multipayer system that achieves uhc would have been possible, but now since bernie started the single payer meme, nobody talks about it.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Lemming posted:

Aaaaah come on man, you laid it on too thick with this one. The rest were good but this one gives it away

It's just a joke, the applauding part i mean. Take it easy.

Soldier of Fortran
May 2, 2009

Yug posted:

Single payer is a pipe dream that's never happening. A multipayer system that achieves uhc would have been possible, but now since bernie started the single payer meme, nobody talks about it.

"yeah, if it only wasn't for sanders, the republicans would be achieving uhc via a multipayer system, instead of loving over millions of americans"
          - an idiot shill

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Yug posted:

It's just a joke, the applauding part i mean. Take it easy.

I'll try to clear your avatar and username from my memory so I can fall for it again some other time

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Panzeh posted:

says the person who non stop goes to bat for the gop and trump while consistently arguing against all of bernie's ideas

"I don't really want single payer because i'd prefer health be rationed by wealth because wealth shows how useful you are to humanity."
Really, I lol'd at his lip-service to uhc that suddenly turned into "if everyone had healthcare it would be bad."

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Lemming posted:

I'll try to clear your avatar and username from my memory so I can fall for it again some other time

Thank you.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
The Democrats have repeatedly proved they have no interest in doing single player healthcare or even universal healthcare, and have repeatedly sabotaged the people who could potentially make that happen. Instead we got garbage healthcare that hosed over the middle class big time.

GOP is garbage and everyone knows this, their only value is how far they're willing to directly support Trump's poo poo. Note - At this point Trump is still miles above Hillary Clinton (Funny how people only started trying to defend TPP AFTER the election. You shills know who you are). If it takes the GOP's garbage "gently caress cancer patients" style plans to destroy ACA to get people outright demanding universal healthcare then gently caress it at this point.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Send me 100$ a month then!

And lol stop posting.. who is this guy

get a loving job, lazy gently caress asking for handouts.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Dizz posted:

get a loving job, lazy gently caress asking for handouts.

If only he'd take some responsibility.:colbert:

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
All this getting mad at each other stuff is depressing, lets talk about things we can all agree are good.

For example I propose we deport everyone at fox and cnn to the moon via trebuchet. We can send Nancy Pelosi and Paul Ryan with them.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

lovely Wizard posted:

The Democrats have repeatedly proved they have no interest in doing single player healthcare or even universal healthcare, and have repeatedly sabotaged the people who could potentially make that happen. Instead we got garbage healthcare that hosed over the middle class big time.

GOP is garbage and everyone knows this, their only value is how far they're willing to directly support Trump's poo poo. Note - At this point Trump is still miles above Hillary Clinton (Funny how people only started trying to defend TPP AFTER the election. You shills know who you are). If it takes the GOP's garbage "gently caress cancer patients" style plans to destroy ACA to get people outright demanding universal healthcare then gently caress it at this point.

"trump's poo poo" is lovely GOP garbage. Let me know when you're done shilling for Paul Ryan.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

lovely Wizard posted:

single payer is getting more and more popular with voters, we'll be able to thank obama for giving americans a sniff of helpful health insurance and letting common sense take over from there in the next 10-15 years. In the meantime, we'll just put up with the weirdos that just repeatedlly spam "dying kinds by the mountain loads" and see how everything plays out.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXhXDzyRH_A

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
A vast majority of people are in a cult.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyOUa2lmyPM

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Agreed, safe spaces are ridiculous.

We should stop protecting conservatives from the horrible sight of gays, Mexicans and Muslims in the public space

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Agreed, safe spaces are ridiculous.

That's a good start

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Poetic Justice posted:

That's a good start

Ridiculous, superfluous and dangerous for society like most new things coming from the US since the last decade. The cult of the individual is the gangrenous seed that will bring America down.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Harrower posted:

All this getting mad at each other stuff is depressing, lets talk about things we can all agree are good.

For example I propose we deport everyone at fox and cnn to the moon via trebuchet. We can send Nancy Pelosi and Paul Ryan with them.

Sounds good, changes I believe in

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
How many women does it take to change a light bulb?

gently caress the bitch she can cook in the dark.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
It's looking like the whole Trump/Russia conspiracy theory is unraveling. I'm sure there was a some dodgy stuff going on, but probably 90% of it was just hysteria.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

The Dennis System posted:

It's looking like the whole Trump/Russia conspiracy theory is unraveling. I'm sure there was a some dodgy stuff going on, but probably 90% of it was just hysteria.

anyone who wasn't emotionally hysterical knew that, tbh

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Now you get to watch the media still try to push that narrative and this my friend is when you have the choice of which pill to take.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
There was some mischief with Russian soft power organs like RT being in the tank for Trump, and Trump's hired gun "advisors" like Manafort and Page were up to something. But it was never clear to me how much of an effect this had, or what it means now that Trump is president (very little).

'Trump is the Siberian Candidate' thing doesn't hold water. Because some wealthy Russians bought his real-estate properties? I don't think Trump cares who buys his properties as long as they buy them.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Poetic Justice posted:

Now you get to watch the media still try to push that narrative and this my friend is when you have the choice of which pill to take.

I don't know whether this is a reference to The Matrix, or to that men's rights group thing The Red Pill. Either way, I will stay a Bernie Bro.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
just before the French TV debate betwen LePen and Macron there have been Russian tweeter accounts sharing a fake document claiming Macron has offshore accounts. This was immediately used by Lepen in the debate.

Those who think Russia didn't intervene during US election are painfully naive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

just before the French TV debate betwen LePen and Macron there have been Russian tweeter accounts sharing a fake document claiming Macron has offshore accounts. This was immediately used by Lepen in the debate.

Those who think Russia didn't intervene during US election are painfully naive

You have no mind of your own, and that's certainly something, considering you have--at your fingertips--the knowledge of all human kind.

The Dennis System posted:

I don't know whether this is a reference to The Matrix, or to that men's rights group thing The Red Pill. Either way, I will stay a Bernie Bro.

Everything you think you know is wrong.

somethingawful bf fucked around with this message at 12:16 on May 5, 2017

• Locked thread