Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

im glad ive made it this far without needing some nerd to study my actual poo poo

Just wait for your first colonoscopy. You can't eat for the day prior, instead you drink a liquid that tastes like burning plastic and makes you poo poo violently until there is nothing left, and then for several hours afterward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
I had food poisoning once and I went to the ER. They gave me one of those poop hats. What they received in it was a blood sample.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Glenn Fuckin' Greenwald :allears:
https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/859380571381878784

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

The more time Greenwald spends making tepid burns the less he's writing for that insipid rag of his, so I'll take it. P

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Not every cocksucker is gay.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/860208190407020545

If the Republicans want to give up the House they sure made a good step towards that goal today.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Donnie Dumbfuck counting his chickens before they hatch. At the very least the Senate isn't going to pass this thing without severe modification, but of course he doesn't understand how the government works.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Do you think he knows that the bill still has to pass the Senate?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

DoktorLoken posted:

Do you think he knows that the bill still has to pass the Senate?

I don't think even The Donald knows what he even knows.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

KildarX posted:

I don't think even The Donald knows what he even knows.

So you might say he has some unknown knowns.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

anatoliy pltkrvkay posted:

So you might say he has some unknown knowns.

:golfclap:

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
That's actually an unknown unknown - things we don't know that we don't know.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
http://www.npr.org/2017/05/04/526539906/feeling-kinship-with-the-south-northerners-let-their-confederate-flags-fly

"Golay says his interest in Civil War history and symbols deepened during the Obama administration, when he felt President Obama was overstepping his executive authority. He says he feels a resonance today with 19th century Southerners' resistance to what they saw as federal overreach.

"Those people were fighting for states' rights, and the freedom to make their own way and to choose their own way against a tyrannical federal government," Golay said. "

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

You missed the best:

quote:

"As far as the racism goes, I dismiss it, because I'm not racist whatsoever. That flag doesn't mean that to me," Golay said.

Oh! Thanks for clearing that up :tipshat:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Yeah, its not like they highlighted why they were seceding in their Articles of Secession or anything....

...oh wait, it was slavery.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

CommieGIR posted:

Yeah, its not like they highlighted why they were seceding in their Articles of Secession or anything....

...oh wait, it was slavery.

NO IT WAS STATES RIGHTS! THE YANKEES THOUGHT THEY COULD PUSH US AROUNDS BUT WE SURE SHOWED THEM!!

Yes, the core issue was states rights.

...the right to own slaves.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I just want to get this guys opinion on the GWB presidency...

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

BigDave posted:

NO IT WAS STATES RIGHTS! THE YANKEES THOUGHT THEY COULD PUSH US AROUNDS BUT WE SURE SHOWED THEM!!

That's the best part is all the Southerner's going 'We sure showed them'

By what? Losing?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
"Northern Aggression"

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/AP/status/860458898481963009

nice

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Oh poo poo, this totally sounds like they want to increase aggression.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Was it piss?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

BigDave posted:

Which is still a lie because the CSA constitution forbade states from deciding slavery for themselves. They were all required to be slave states. There is literally nothing about the CSA that promoted the rights of states above a federal government more than the USA did. It was entirely about forming a white supremacist slave empire.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
1 Dead, 2 wounded US Service Members in Mogadishu

The statement says U.S. forces were conducting an advise-and-assist mission with Somalia’s military

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

CommieGIR posted:

That's the best part is all the Southerner's going 'We sure showed them'

By what? Losing?

Well you see they would have won if it those Yankees hadn't cheated by blockading our ports or convincing England to stay neutral.

Remember, everything is the other guy's fault.

HERATAGE NOT HATE.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Someone post Sherman's ice burn on war-mongering southerners

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
"Barber says he saw a 10-fold spike in sales after a white supremacist known for his embrace of the Confederate flag shot and killed nine people in a historically black church in Charleston, S.C. in 2015. He says he was "disturbed" by the murders, but says the controversy was "great" for business."

We can't stress enough how this is about heritage!

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Reince Priebus, the White House stalking-butler.

That nickname is going to stick.

https://twitter.com/jessbidgood/status/860466504386609153

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
First class trolling by the Russians:

https://twitter.com/RussianEmbassy/status/860078118912106496

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

MA-Horus posted:

Someone post Sherman's ice burn on war-mongering southerners

You cannot qualify war in harsher terms than I will. War is cruelty, and you cannot refine it; and those who brought war into our country deserve all the curses and maledictions a people can pour out. I know I had no hand in making this war, and I know I will make more sacrifices to-day than any of you to secure peace.

Still the best American.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

He really is, especially for this part

quote:

I repeat then that, bu the original compact of government, the United States had certain rights in Georgia, which have never been relinquished and never will be; that the South began the war by seizing forts, arsenals, mints, custom-houses, etc., etc., long before Mr. Lincoln was installed, and before the South had one jot or title of provocation. I myself have seen in Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Mississippi, hundreds and thousands of women and children fleeing from your armies and desperadoes, hungry and with bleeding feet. In Memphis, Vicksburg, and Mississippi, we fed thousands and thousands of the families of rebel soldiers left on our hands, and whom we could not see starve. Now that war comes to you, you feel very different. You deprecate its horrors, but did not feel them when you sent car-loads of soldiers and ammunition, and moulded shells and shot, to carry war into Kentucky and Tennessee, to desolate the homes of hundreds and thousands of good people who only asked to live in peace at their old homes, and under the Government of their inheritance. But these comparisons are idle. I want peace, and believe it can only be reached through union and war, and I will ever conduct war with a view to perfect an early success.

But, my dear sirs, when peace does come, you may call on me for any thing. Then will I share with you the last cracker, and watch with you to shield your homes and families against danger from every quarter.

Now you must go, and take with you the old and feeble, feed and nurse them, and build for them, in more quiet places, proper habitations to shield them against the weather until the mad passions of men cool down, and allow the Union and peace once more to settle over your old homes in Atlanta. Yours in haste,

There is a reason his troops called him Uncle Billie, he was effective and he had a big heart, but he'd do what he had to.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 16:10 on May 5, 2017

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

CommieGIR posted:

He really is, especially for this part

There is a reason his troops called him Uncle Billie, he was effective, but he had a big heart, but he'd do what he had to.

That extended well past his time as a general. Vets of his army who were down on their luck and turned up at his place always got a meal, a place to sleep for the night, and a few bucks in their pocket on their way out.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

That's a good one, but I was thinking of this one;

quote:

You people of the South don't know what you are doing. This country will be drenched in blood, and God only knows how it will end. It is all folly, madness, a crime against civilization! You people speak so lightly of war; you don't know what you're talking about. War is a terrible thing! You mistake, too, the people of the North. They are a peaceable people but an earnest people, and they will fight, too. They are not going to let this country be destroyed without a mighty effort to save it … Besides, where are your men and appliances of war to contend against them? The North can make a steam engine, locomotive, or railway car; hardly a yard of cloth or pair of shoes can you make. You are rushing into war with one of the most powerful, ingeniously mechanical, and determined people on Earth — right at your doors. You are bound to fail. Only in your spirit and determination are you prepared for war. In all else you are totally unprepared, with a bad cause to start with. At first you will make headway, but as your limited resources begin to fail, shut out from the markets of Europe as you will be, your cause will begin to wane. If your people will but stop and think, they must see in the end that you will surely fail.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Grant and Sherman: The Original Bros.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

The senate intelligence committee has requested that all Trump aides hand over any and all records of communication with Russia. It'll give them the ability to subpoena anyone who doesn't comply, or who they think isn't complying.

quote:

Among those who said they had received the requests were Roger J. Stone, an informal adviser to President Trump, and Carter Page, a businessman and former foreign policy adviser to the Trump campaign. Paul Manafort, the former campaign chairman, and Michael T. Flynn, the former national security adviser, were also sent letters, said the officials with knowledge of the investigation. Representatives for both men declined to comment.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Unrelated, for those of you who want to contribute to a meaningful PAC and not the DCCC, flippable was founded by a team of data scientists to target small-donor money and volunteers at local, state, and national candidates in districts that have a high probability of flipping. Or you can all continue to post in here about how nothing matters, I guess.

psydude fucked around with this message at 18:05 on May 5, 2017

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

psydude posted:

The senate intelligence committee has requested that all Trump aides hand over any and all records of communication with Russia. It'll give them the ability to subpoena anyone who doesn't comply, or who they think isn't complying.

Sure would be neat to get out of the darkest timeline for a bit, because while it sounds fiddly and lawyery and stupid, this is really dangerous territory for Trump. This is the stuff that ended up loving over Nixon. Investigating Whitewater was the start, but stonewalling the opposition, refusing to hand stuff over and firing special prosecutors is what got a whole bunch of people to turn on him.

So let's hope Trump is as incompetent and megalomaniacal as he appears to be and drags this out for years, crippling his own administration and miring the entire party in controversy for years.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

http://www.ajc.com/news/local-education/georgia-college-officials-grapple-with-new-campus-gun-law/xe3Vlj6a4ZnNWGekVyIHxM/ posted:

University System of Georgia officials said Thursday they will begin working on how to implement the state’s new rules allowing weapons permit holders to carry firearms on campus, directing schools to hold off making any changes until hearing from them first.

Gov. Nathan Deal signed the “campus carry” legislation Thursday evening. The bill signing comes at busiest time of the school year -- during final exams and graduation ceremonies.

While the bill has some restrictions, such as only law enforcement can carry a firearm at a sporting venue or student housing, many students, faculty and even some in law enforcement wonder how the new law will work.

I'm a derp who forgot what happens. Ignore this!

Defenestrategy fucked around with this message at 18:45 on May 5, 2017

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

pump the brakes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
No spicey today as he's on reserve duty, so we're all stuck with Mike Huckabee's daughter, Sarah Huckabee-Sanders.

Nope.

• Locked thread