Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
weed infused icy hot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Mnemosyne posted:

It does, but it's mostly for women, since vaginas are better for absorbing things than penises are.

sez you buddy my penis has absorbed the feelings of disappointment and shame of dozens of sexual encounters and now it's like the genital equivalent of that negative-emotion slime from Ghostbusters II

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Other than the obvious lack of THC is there any major difference in hemp derived CBD oil vs derived from cannabis? Maybe a dumb question.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Mnemosyne posted:

It does, but it's mostly for women, since vaginas are better for absorbing things than penises are.

Inject it straight into your urethra. Problem solved.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Mozi posted:

weed infused icy hot

I have a jar of this.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Other than the obvious lack of THC is there any major difference in hemp derived CBD oil vs derived from cannabis? Maybe a dumb question.

I've heard a lot of concern about this with the reasoning that most hemp is not actually high in CBD. That means that a ton of plants are needed to yield just a little CBD, because whatever is obtained from the plant has to be concentrated quite a bit. In concentrating this, you're supposedly also concentrating all of the pesticides that were sprayed on the hemp, thus giving you a product with a lot of bad crap in it too.

I'm not a scientist, so I don't know if it's true. I don't know what types of pesticides would survive each of the different extraction methods, but it's a thing I've seen mentioned multiple times.

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]
i like weed

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]
you all seem cool. i get that we argue on the forums sometimes, but we were all pushed to a certain extent of exile that we paid $10 to read eachothers posts, so thats cool.
i'm eating a footlong tuna sandwich with spinach, tomatoes, pickles, and creamy sriracha sauce, toasted with swiss cheese and it's cool too

weak wrists big dick fucked around with this message at 03:49 on May 5, 2017

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Sounds like a good sandwich

I'd eat it

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Help I had too many bong hits

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
lol I got a massive dad boner for pens atm

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

]

Jukeboxblues posted:

lol I got a massive dad boner for pens atm

like fountain pens or

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

weak wrists big dick posted:

like fountain pens or

yea dude they are awesome. i got one on my desk right now and its cool.

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST

Jukeboxblues posted:

yea dude they are awesome. i got one on my desk right now and its cool.

Write your name as if you were and old timey politician

then write it again as if you were a pirate

compare and contrast and let us know what you find

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

maxe posted:

Write your name as if you were and old timey politician

then write it again as if you were a pirate

compare and contrast and let us know what you find

the politian one looks very professional and like im from like the 1800s like lol esquire.

Pirate one is all over the place but I think that will work because its like they are signing a contract on a boat when its all rocky like oh no its rough but I have to make this contract with the ghost pirates so they dont kill my men

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I've heard that hemp derived CBD doesn't hit the same as cannabis CBD.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Gonna run the gauntlet today hoping to get some weed, the last dude I hit up said he was gonna get his resupply on yesterday so taking my chances today. gently caress this gay country

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

weak wrists big dick posted:

you all seem cool. i get that we argue on the forums sometimes, but we were all pushed to a certain extent of exile that we paid $10 to read eachothers posts, so thats cool.
i'm eating a footlong tuna sandwich with spinach, tomatoes, pickles, and creamy sriracha sauce, toasted with swiss cheese and it's cool too

My dude, minus the sriracha that is exactly what I had for dinner last night. Kinda spooky, very chill! :hfive:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I've had a wild sore throat for the last few days. Remembering how my coconut oil tincture numbs the underside of my tongue every time I use it sublingually, I started dropping small amounts right into the back of my throat. Miraculous, instant, long lasting relief - weed comes through in the clutch once again! :dance:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Saturday status: High enough to take buzzfeed quizzes. According to the foods I chose, I am a koala.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Tendai posted:

Saturday status: High enough to take buzzfeed quizzes. According to the foods I chose, I am a koala.

what u like to eat
1) eucalyptus leave
2) Anything Else

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

eats shoots and leaves!!!! :haw:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Currenter Saturday high level: Tried to spell "user" with a "y" and luckily got to YOSPOS and eventually to my bookmarks anyhow.

Sarah Cenia
Apr 2, 2008

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
It's hard to find weed when all your friends become parents.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Move to a state that's with the times

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

Tendai posted:

Move to a state that's with the times

Truth.

The problem then becomes that you have to hide your weed usage from other parents, or they'll think you're a terrible parent. Kind of sucks when I hear another parent bitching about how they can't get to sleep at night, and I think "I could help you with that," but if I did that, I'd run the risk of being ostracized. Which is doubly hosed up, because if I responded with "Oh hey, I have some Ambien that I'm not going to use, here have a few" then everyone would just think I was a very nice person.

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

]
Smirnoff and weed

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mnemosyne posted:

Truth.

The problem then becomes that you have to hide your weed usage from other parents, or they'll think you're a terrible parent. Kind of sucks when I hear another parent bitching about how they can't get to sleep at night, and I think "I could help you with that," but if I did that, I'd run the risk of being ostracized. Which is doubly hosed up, because if I responded with "Oh hey, I have some Ambien that I'm not going to use, here have a few" then everyone would just think I was a very nice person.
Yeah I'm lucky and don't have kids, which is definitely a bit more freeing.

Though to judge by the people I see in the dispensary, 50+ years old after the kids have hosed off is the most popular time to get and stay high.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I have at least 3 friends with kids who still smoke, I don't think it's the social taboo it used to be

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think a lot of it depends on where you are. People here in my part of CO are pretty chill, I more or less know who smokes in my office because they've mentioned dispensaries etc. Not having kids just means I have less responsibilities to worry about - it is a lot easier to get high and feed a cat than it is to get high and deal with a toddler.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

Kelp Me! posted:

I have at least 3 friends with kids who still smoke, I don't think it's the social taboo it used to be

It's definitely better than it used to be, but it's still not anywhere near as socially acceptable as drinking. There's also way more of a stigma if you're a mother vs if you're a father.

This week's experiment is to find out if CBD can help my anxious dog. It's got a little bit of THC, but not much.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
I've never tried anything with large amounts of CBD.

Does it actually alter your perception?

I've got insane anxiety so I'd be interested in CBD strains if true.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Dreddout posted:

not at all, it actually mediates the psychoactive effects of THC, so technically it makes your perception less altered.

I'd be curious to see someone do something like a giant dab of CBD oil and see how it affects them, but I doubt even a massive amount would actually alter your perception in any way other than "hmm all my aches are fading away"

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

Dreddout posted:

I highly, highly recommend you find something with CBD if you have serious anxiety; I don't hesitate to say that it's changed my life. I've tried all the normal psychiatric medications for these things, been hospitalized more than a few times times, tons of different types of therapy over the course of 25+ years and not much has ever worked for me. The only thing that ever worked was benzos, but I won't take them on a regular basis because the addiction is severe and life-threatening.

While everyone else here talks about how they started smoking in high school, I'm a giant nerd who didn't start until last year, at the age of 36. I always avoided all drugs when I was younger because I figured my brain was all sorts of hosed up, and that adding drugs was probably just going to make things worse. And I'd seen people get paranoid from pot, and I always assumed that because I was insanely anxious already that I'd be one of those people. I actually got started with CBD stuff rather than THC, because a doctor told me that it doesn't make you high. I figured if it doesn't get you high, it must actually work because why else would anyone use it? I use good old THC based stuff now too, but I still use CBD once a day to keep my anxiety under control.

Kelp Me! posted:

not at all, it actually mediates the psychoactive effects of THC, so technically it makes your perception less altered.

I'd be curious to see someone do something like a giant dab of CBD oil and see how it affects them, but I doubt even a massive amount would actually alter your perception in any way other than "hmm all my aches are fading away"

I have to disagree with this. I hear a lot of people say that it keeps you from getting high or makes your high less, and that is definitely not true. I've gotten plenty high when CBD was still in the mix, and the one time I got completely destroyed for 2 days from edibles, it was actually a 50/50 CBD/THC product. And I was fuuuuucked....hallucinating, vomiting, etc.

What it CAN do is alter specific effects of THC, mostly in relation to anxiety or paranoia. If you're a person who becomes anxious or paranoid while smoking, it will negate that. If you're a person who responds in a more typical way to smoking weed, smoking a high CBD strain will just be more...relaxed? But not the in traditional "couch-lock" way that indicas are notorious for. The closest comparison I can make is that high-CBD strains give a feeling close to taking benzos (xanax, ativan, valium, klonopin, etc,) but not as strong. Like a "benzo lite" or a small dose of a benzo.

As far as the dabbing CBD, I got a friend into CBD recently, and he has done this. He has permanent muscle damage in his back from a car accident, and when he came to visit (he lives in a non-legal state), I told him I wanted him to try some CBD to see if it would help. It worked incredibly well and has greatly improved his quality of life. Because he lives in a non-legal state, he experimented with pure CBD isolate, because you can get that shipped to any state in the US since there's no THC in it. He reported that it doesn't really do anything. No high, nothing in the head, and I don't actually think it worked on his back either. He said he felt slightly mellow but that's about it.

On the flip side, he also ordered CBD tincture (also the kind you can ship anywhere, with basically no THC in it) and that actually does stuff, but the stuff it does is bad. It didn't help his back at all, and it made him very anxious, restless and feeling like he wanted to crawl out of his skin. Which is really strange because he's a person who has essentially no anxiety under normal circumstances. He tried it a few times, going smaller and smaller with the dose each time and it's still a terrible experience every time. He recently referred to it as "nightmare juice."

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Holy poo poo I dunno how I feel about giving dogs weed. Like I can at least consciously go, "well time to space out and watch stand up" or, "drat my back hurts guess I'll make a snack and smoke some high CBD stuff" whereas a dog or cat is like, "what's this?" and "Why do I feel funny?"

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

frogge posted:

Holy poo poo I dunno how I feel about giving dogs weed. Like I can at least consciously go, "well time to space out and watch stand up" or, "drat my back hurts guess I'll make a snack and smoke some high CBD stuff" whereas a dog or cat is like, "what's this?" and "Why do I feel funny?"

I've been on the fence about it as well, but she doesn't respond to any sedatives that the vet gives us. She's been panicking when we're gone (she's 10 years old and this is brand new behavior for her), and I come home to find that she's clawed at her crate until she bent the bars and tore her paws open and she's got blood all over her. She's always had a nervous disposition, but she's never had a problem with separation anxiety before now, and I figure that all my other options are less attractive than trying this.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Some animals want it and will seek it out.

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
huamns are just animals bro

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

My dude has something he calls pineapple, how high am I about to be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

purple death ray posted:

My dude has something he calls pineapple, how high am I about to be

A lot of strains talk about certain flavors and in my experience it's hit or miss, but pineapple is one of those strains where it actually tastes kind of like pineapple so enjoy!

e: lemon/sour strains are the easiest to get that taste IMO, also outdoor strains are easy to tell by how piney/dirty (like dirt, not grimey) they taste. One time I got a batch of Girl Scout Cookies that actually tasted somewhat minty. Other than that I've never been able to taste blueberry/strawberry/various other fruit-"flavored" strains.