Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...
Charger X carried me u til I got a Vanquisher card. The only UR weapon card I have is Valiant. I was super stoked because it rocked in ME3, but its so awful in this game...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

WanderingKid posted:

Charger X carried me u til I got a Vanquisher card. The only UR weapon card I have is Valiant. I was super stoked because it rocked in ME3, but its so awful in this game...

My first two URs were the shotgun. :(

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

WanderingKid posted:

I was lucky enough to pull a Hurricane. It's a direct upgrade to the Charger and does enough damage that it's actually a decent gun.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Charger is nice because it's so lightweight that you can run a Charger X alongside a decent sniper rifle and still have 100% recharge rates.

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe
According to tests by peddroelm (ME3 data miner), combos don't scale by power rank or difficulty.

Fix your poo poo Bioware

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Every single gun/tech build I have runs a Vanquisher because it's the best gun in the game. I can't use anything else because they need +8 levels just to be "ok".

Zakmonster posted:

I keep hearing this complaint, but I don't quite get it. The characters sound alright to me. The Salarians are a bit wimpy (especially the Operator).

The operator is actually a pretty good support if you spec him right. You can get infinite shield-regen (With no recharge delay.) Which makes it impossible to die to snipers.
His other two powers cover all enemy types and Infect can generate a lot of support points.

You really need a Vanquisher/Isharay/BlackWidow to make him work though.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Thor-Stryker posted:

Every single gun/tech build I have runs a Vanquisher because it's the best gun in the game. I can't use anything else because they need +8 levels just to be "ok".

The operator is actually a pretty good support if you spec him right. You can get infinite shield-regen (With no recharge delay.) Which makes it impossible to die to snipers.
His other two powers cover all enemy types and Infect can generate a lot of support points.

Hahaha

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Thor-Stryker posted:

I use a scorpion III and a charger X on mine. Works pretty good so far.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I'm gonna laugh if their balance stream tomorrow is still them playing on bronze

Bruc
May 30, 2006
The Vanquisher is the best gun in the game and the gun balance overall right now is terrible but acting like it and a couple others are the only useable guns in the game is a bit of an exaggeration.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Rocketpriest posted:

In that same game I also had a bug where I couldn't use powers or fire my gun :v: It turned out that to fix this I had to get shot enough to reach one bar of hp, then everything magically worked again.
If you had a volus on your team, you can heavy melee to get out of that.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
That reminds me, has anyone had stuff just...stop working?

Its happened a few times across kits, but this is the most recent example: playing asari duelist, my bread and butter is Charge> melee, but once in awhile melee stops working. I hit the button but the character just stands there looking stupid until I either die or charge refreshes.

Charging again seems to fix it, but then itll happen again later on the same match or in a different one.

Its kind of lovely.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Error 404 posted:

Its happened a few times across kits, but this is the most recent example: playing asari duelist, my bread and butter is Charge> melee, but once in awhile melee stops working. I hit the button but the character just stands there looking stupid until I either die or charge refreshes.

Charging again seems to fix it, but then itll happen again later on the same match or in a different one.

Its kind of lovely.

Jump then melee unfucks this too. It is goddamn annoying.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Digirat posted:

I'm gonna laugh if their balance stream tomorrow is still them playing on bronze

All vanquishers, rank X, on bronze.
"Weapon damage is fine, too good as you can see here, so we're nerfing it."

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Error 404 posted:

Its kind of lovely.

Yeah that pops up fairly often. The other one is the Jetpack Hop

https://i.imgur.com/2jPjfC5.mp4

Charging seems to fix both of them but there really needs to be an actual solution

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I've had melee continue to not work after charging. It's not guaranteed.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Digirat posted:

I've had melee continue to not work after charging. It's not guaranteed.

it's also a great way to die, if it happens when you're mid-combat you're pretty much screwed since you rely on the extra shields

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

moist turtleneck posted:

The voices are definitely different but I'm most confused about the krogan females turning into lispy gay dudes

I said it before and I'll say it again, the Krogan Engineer sounds like Napoleon Dynamite more than that. I mean I hear what you're saying but it's way more ND with the "AWESOME JOB!" and "OHHH COOL A HYDRA!" like Napoleon going "NUNCHUKS"

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
I'm torn between the hurricane and equalizer, myself, at least for non-weapon based characters. Weapon platforms go all Revenant, all the time.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Bruc posted:

The Vanquisher is the best gun in the game and the gun balance overall right now is terrible but acting like it and a couple others are the only useable guns in the game is a bit of an exaggeration.

I'm way more forgiving than most and here is my comprehensive list of guns worth using on Gold (note: I don't have all guns yet):

No-brainers:

Vanquisher (any rank, is great at 1)
Equalizer (any rank, with an Ammo booster, on a class that can Detonate)
Raptor (never tried it until it was rank X, no-scope assault rifle)
Talon (any rank)
Piranha (any rank)

Kinda good:

Falcon/Scorpion (any rank, ammo mods help here too)
Isharay (if you never miss)
Black Widow
Widow (if you never miss)
Thokin (if you have Turbocharge)
PAW/Sweeper (allegedly good, I haven't used them much)
Sandstorm (allegedly, I hate the scope)
Hesh
Scattershot
Inferno (Vanquisher that doesn't use ammo, kinda)
Lanat (Vanquisher you can charge)
Sidewinder
Eagle
Hurricane

That's like 75% of the guns in the game right there. So yeah the balance isn't quite as bad as people are saying, it's more that all enemies take forever to kill. Berserkers take 7 headshots from a Vanquisher.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I agree with you not putting the Dhan on that list because man that gun is underwhelming

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The Dhan rules in SP so it was particularly disappointing for me. I mean the Piranha in MP isn't stupidly brokenly powerful like it is in SP but it's still pretty good (especially since you probably have a ton of Shotgun Rail Amps from never using Shotguns).

One thing I keep wondering - is it hurting the lag to keep having to animate and track, say, all the loving clutter that gets lifted by Annihilation or all the bullet holes on walls? Has anyone even figured out if those things are visible to everyone or just the person doing them?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

precision posted:

One thing I keep wondering - is it hurting the lag to keep having to animate and track, say, all the loving clutter that gets lifted by Annihilation or all the bullet holes on walls? Has anyone even figured out if those things are visible to everyone or just the person doing them?

Annihilation lifting clutter shows up for me. I never play classes that have it, so I know its not me.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

For those still opening the basic crates, get on the discord and join some modded lobbies for easy credits, then buy some of the more expensive packs for variety.

And for the ones trying out ME3 multi, use cheat engine and edit your credits. They don't support the game, so no bans.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

precision posted:

I'm way more forgiving than most and here is my comprehensive list of guns worth using on Gold (note: I don't have all guns yet):
Kinda good:

*guns*

That's like 75% of the guns in the game right there. So yeah the balance isn't quite as bad as people are saying, it's more that all enemies take forever to kill. Berserkers take 7 headshots from a Vanquisher.

I'd still argue some of those aren't that good:
-Falcon/Scorpion suffer from the fact that mobs don't stand as close to each other anymore, Remnant mobs spread even more due to flying types.
-PAW is cool for shields but not much else
-Inferno has travel time and bad enough accuracy that makes it regularly misses headshots unless you take the shoot-mans perks.
-Eagle is slightly better than rank X Predator pistol, except it's an UR so have fun levelling it.
-Sidewinder is good if you can consistently land headshots at a close range, but the Talon/Equalizer outclasses it for gun-light characters.

And that's mainly from my experience on silver, perhaps powerups are what's needed to break the severe weakness of all these guns?

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Official terrible game purchaser of the SomethingAwful forums.
Carnifex ain't bad

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Thor-Stryker posted:

-Eagle is slightly better than rank X Predator pistol, except it's an UR so have fun levelling it.

Well that's the point, even at rank 1 the Eagle outdamages the Predator in every way. A better argument would be "Eagle is only slightly better than Equalizer".

Houdini posted:

Carnifex ain't bad

It's not as good as it was in ME3 :(

They need to bring back the Paladin. And I'm referring to both the gun and the class :j:

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

precision posted:

Well that's the point, even at rank 1 the Eagle outdamages the Predator in every way. A better argument would be "Eagle is only slightly better than Equalizer".

Except that you put it in a category of 'Kinda Good' when it barely does poo poo on Bronze. To which Predator X is poo poo too.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

precision posted:

They need to bring back the Paladin. And I'm referring to both the gun and the class :j:

Well let's be fair here - things like the Paladin didn't show up until months after launch. The class, I mean.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Thor-Stryker posted:

Except that you put it in a category of 'Kinda Good' when it barely does poo poo on Bronze. To which Predator X is poo poo too.

:shrug: I take an Eagle 1 into Gold, fight me

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Houdini posted:

Carnifex ain't bad

I tried it on gold and recall it taking 10 headshots to kill a raider. gently caress yes it's bad.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Salarian Architect is great even at low ranks, and I hope he's an indicator of classes to come. Having free on-demand Cryo is pretty cool and saved my rear end many times.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

precision posted:

Salarian Architect is great even at low ranks, and I hope he's an indicator of classes to come. Having free on-demand Cryo is pretty cool and saved my rear end many times.

I think the AI's AI needs to be tightened up, and movement speed increased to match the player, but yeah its a fun class.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Official terrible game purchaser of the SomethingAwful forums.

precision posted:

Turian engineer should be next :getin:

The gimmick is you can hover above your turret to see how bad it is

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Houdini posted:

Turian engineer should be next :getin:

The gimmick is you can hover above your turret to see how bad it is

Only if you constantly shout calibrating in a high pitched falsetto.

Frush
Jun 26, 2008
Alright, summary of the livestream (I managed to get away with watching it at work);

-Non-sniper weapons are all getting a buff
-Some powers were getting a buff
-Combos were bugged and not scaling with difficulty
-Shotguns will have a 'more defined role' related to use as a skirmish weapon
-Mid & high level outlaw units getting buffed
-Kett all getting nerfed, including sync kill chances
-Cobra RPGs getting a buff. Won't be OHK, but more damage will carry through, including on Ascendants
-UR weapons are supposed to feel better and be better than other rarities, and are getting buffed
-They are looking into crashing and definitely want any feedback from people there
-They're going to add something to do/buy with unused mission funds, related to progression speed

No actual numbers for now, but they'll post them closer to release.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

It really will be cool to see new classes. I'd like to see a proper Turian Vanguard (though a return of the Cabal Vanguard would still be cool). Maybe Biotic Charge/Fortify/Turbocharge, with a passive focusing on Biotic Ammo?

Frush
Jun 26, 2008

BreakAtmo posted:

It really will be cool to see new classes. I'd like to see a proper Turian Vanguard (though a return of the Cabal Vanguard would still be cool). Maybe Biotic Charge/Fortify/Turbocharge, with a passive focusing on Biotic Ammo?

There was no mention of new classes, but I feel it's safe to assume there will be some released with this patch. That's at least sort of how it worked previously.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

It sounds like they're at least aware of the real problems this time, so hopefully they actually fix them!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Yeah. Sounds like they're making some decent changes.

The stream cut out for me in places. I heard them talking about shotguns, but did they say anything about shotgun chokes in particular?

• Locked thread