Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Intruder posted:

So Marwin Gonzalez is hitting .246/.352/.672 which is ridiculous (and that ISO is unsustainable)

But it turns out his BABIP is .179 :stare:

e: Yes, I realize he only has 73 PA

Eight of his fifteen hits are dingers, that'll tear down the BABIP a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

holy guacamole Schilling is stupid

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Tom Gorman posted:

holy guacamole Schilling is stupid

well i mean

no poo poo

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
You know, I'm not a religious man. But watching Curt Schilling make that argument makes me think again, because clearly a higher power looked at Curt before sending him out into the world and said "Well, I REALLY short-changed him in the mental department, maybe make him an All-Star pitcher, that oughta even things out".

Still didn't help him manage money, but he at least he throws a nice splitter.

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
Jesus christ Curt gently caress the gently caress off

Why couldn't Randy Johnson have helped us break the curse instead

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

NiceGuy posted:

The only thing I know about Johnson is he's really into Jesus.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

El Gallinero Gros posted:

He has a cute photography hobby.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Who loving asked Schilling for his opinion anyway?

NiceGuy posted:

Seems like you guys got exactly the right person for the job, actually :v:

UZR IS BULLSHIT fucked around with this message at 00:56 on May 5, 2017

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
"He's probably lying but even if he isn't who cares?"

-Curt Schilling

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Someone please inform Schilling that he can't shoot the moon on his toxic personality in some crazed bid to make it into the Hall.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Curt Schilling with the "Oh but it's not ok when I say it???" defense, lol.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
You are blocked from following @gehrig38 and viewing @gehrig38's Tweets. Learn more

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Rand alPaul posted:

You are blocked from following @gehrig38 and viewing @gehrig38's Tweets. Learn more

Validation comes in many forms. What'd you say to him?

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

Who loving asked Schilling for his opinion anyway?

Seems like you guys got exactly the right person for the job, actually :v:

Oh it's definitely appropriate in a gross way.

And I'm unprecendenyed news, a Kyle Kendrick spot start went very poorly today!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Rand alPaul posted:

My biggie is Trump lol

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

:laugh:

https://twitter.com/EvanDrellich/status/860325629123756033

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

is the gameday play by play feature behind the paywall on the at bat app? Or does it still free and just not work with my dumb old phone anymore?

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Adam Wainwright is fuckin cooked but Matheny is gonna keep running him out every 5 days for the rest of his contract.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

I hope that Boston has video where you can hear it, they release it, and then mlb pressures that fucker into a public apology

William T. Hornaday
Nov 26, 2007

Don't tap on the fucking glass!
I swear to god I'll cut off your fucking fingers and feed them to the otters for enrichment.

R.D. Mangles posted:

is the gameday play by play feature behind the paywall on the at bat app? Or does it still free and just not work with my dumb old phone anymore?

Having the same issue.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Goodpancakes posted:

I hope that Boston has video where you can hear it, they release it, and then mlb pressures that fucker into a public apology

Yes, the Boston Red Sox are extremely likely to publicly release a video of a Boston Red Sox fan racially slurring a Boston Red Sox opponent in the home of the Boston Red Sox, for purposes of publicly shaming a Boston Red Sox legend

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

He's actually a pretty great photographer: http://rj51photos.com/

Also his logo is a dead bird, which is unequivocally the coolest thing in the world

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Paul Zuvella posted:

Also his logo is a dead bird, which is unequivocally the coolest thing in the world

He was Rush's photographer for one of their tours.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Paul Zuvella posted:

This is pretty fantastic...he's...really good. Also the "about me" thing is great:

quote:

While attending USC in Los Angeles for three years ’83-’85 on a baseball scholarship,I majored in photojournalism.At that time,I got hands-on experience in the art and craft of photography,shooting for the “Daily Trojan”,our college newspaper,and a small rock n’ roll magazine in Los Angeles. While baseball became my occupation for over two decades, photography remained my great passion.

Beginning with my first summer vacation in 26 years in 2010,I shot motorsports,concerts,people & places. I’ve been privileged to take seven USO tours to visit our men and women who serve our Country. Iraq, Kuwait, Okinawa, Cuba, South Korea, Italy, Afghanistan, Africa and Germany (God Bless Our Troops!). I’ve also been a contributing photographer for major media outlets with many photos featured in Stars And Strips Magazine, Rolling Stone Magazine, Spin Magazine, Metal Hammer Magazine, Score Baseball Card Company, AOL Online. Also have been on the road with several friends working to capture moments on stage to have them used in Tour Programs, Posters, T-shirts, Books, CD booklets and band Web-Sites.

As much as I enjoyed the thrill of pitching a perfect game and winning a World Series, I get similar satisfaction from using my photography skills to try and capture that defining moment in time.

The ride has been great,but is far from done. I look forward to seeing places I’ve never visited and shooting things I’ve never seen. Always shooting with my Good-Eye closed.

yeah yeah yeah baseball but on the other hand PHOTOGRAPHY

turns out his hall of fame career was just a distraction

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

William T. Hornaday posted:

Having the same issue.

Think it's now behind the paywall. I pay for .tv tho so get atbat for free

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Who else is excited for the kyle hendricks-starlin castro reunion

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

Who else is excited for the kyle hendricks-starlin castro reunion

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Randy Johnson may have pitched a perfect game but he has a bigger claim to fame that had only happened two other times: killing a living being with a pitch.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

:suicide:

William T. Hornaday
Nov 26, 2007

Don't tap on the fucking glass!
I swear to god I'll cut off your fucking fingers and feed them to the otters for enrichment.

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Think it's now behind the paywall. I pay for .tv tho so get atbat for free

I've got a MLB.tv Premium subscription, so I should have access to it. It just looks like a loading screen that never actually loads when I try to see box scores or play-by-play.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Billy Hamilton has agreed to race Cincinnati Bengals' draft pick John Ross for the title of fastest man in Cincinnati:

https://twitter.com/Enquirer/status/860252321225347077

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

William T. Hornaday posted:

I've got a MLB.tv Premium subscription, so I should have access to it. It just looks like a loading screen that never actually loads when I try to see box scores or play-by-play.

That's a bug then, idk

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I was at this game. It was incredible. e: I lied, it was a different Twins/Cubs game that I went to but this play is so ingrained in my memory that I thought I was there.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 18:00 on May 5, 2017

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

N: Per Tom Britton of the Providence Journal. Red Sox Third Basemen are on track for a collective 69 errors this season

V: nice?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Someone please post the Iconic Castro Bryant Throw

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

That baserunner never fails to make me laugh. Truly the gif is the art form of the internet.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I'm out of town on Castro weekend and it's making me very depressed.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.

Popete posted:

I'm out of town on Castro weekend and it's making me very depressed.

I wanted to go to Chicago this weekend, but baseball and train tickets are expensive :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Starlin Castro is the most Cub player to ever Cub

• Locked thread