Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

[quote="ShakeZula" post="472007140"]
I found it pretty cathartic, but then I also thought it was extremely well-done

Really?!

You couldn't help but picture Aria stupidly fumbling around a kitchen checking a cooking book as she bales a pie for the first time, hoping no one comes in and questions what she's doing there with two Frey corpses and a crimping fork? It was dumb as gently caress and pushed Aria from broken, revenge motivated young girl into Dexter Morgan magic serial killer territory.

She loving chopped up and baked two people. It's dumb as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

PriorMarcus posted:

You couldn't help but picture Aria stupidly fumbling around a kitchen checking a cooking book as she bales a pie for the first time,

Hot Pie taught her well.

quote:

hoping no one comes in and questions what she's doing there with two Frey corpses and a crimping fork? It was dumb as gently caress and pushed Aria from broken, revenge motivated young girl into Dexter Morgan magic serial killer territory.

This is all getting into tactical realism territory. We don't know how long the first two killings took, how long she set this up, how much time even passes between the last time we see Arya and this happening. It's space for a lot of things to happen, and not showing it step by step isn't really a plot hole.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Arya cant bake a pie she probably can barely read. She just took some fingers and stuck it in a pre cooked pie.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Mu Zeta posted:

Arya cant bake a pie she probably can barely read. She just took some fingers and stuck it in a pre cooked pie.

Fuckin millennials.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Everything involving Arya after she went to train has been terrible.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

PriorMarcus posted:

[quote="ShakeZula" post="472007140"]
I found it pretty cathartic, but then I also thought it was extremely well-done

Really?!

You couldn't help but picture Aria stupidly fumbling around a kitchen checking a cooking book as she bales a pie for the first time, hoping no one comes in and questions what she's doing there with two Frey corpses and a crimping fork? It was dumb as gently caress and pushed Aria from broken, revenge motivated young girl into Dexter Morgan magic serial killer territory.

Ever read/see Titus?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The Inhumans is looking terrible. No surprise given Agents of Shield.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Agents of Shield is a good show and the production team is totally different.

If there's any no surprise that Inhumans looks bad it should be that it's being run by Dexter showrunner Scott Buck

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I don't know the quality of Agents of Shield. I mean visually it looks lovely.

Something had to have gone really wrong for the Inhumans to go from tentpole summer blockbuster to a small mini series.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Agents of Shield has been excellent this year.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

The Inhumans is looking terrible. No surprise given Agents of Shield.

I think a better thing would be to say that an Entertainment Weekly promotional image looks terrible because unless it's just a cap from the show/movie they always look awful.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mu Zeta posted:

I don't know the quality of Agents of Shield. I mean visually it looks lovely.

Something had to have gone really wrong for the Inhumans to go from tentpole summer blockbuster to a small mini series.

Yeah Perlmutter lost his status. Inhumans were his thing, Perlmutter lost his grip on film, but not TV. So it's a TV thing now.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

muscles like this! posted:

I think a better thing would be to say that an Entertainment Weekly promotional image looks terrible because unless it's just a cap from the show/movie they always look awful.

Yeah, I remember thinking Days of Future Past would look like hot garbage because of their promo images, but it actually all came out fantastic.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

GreenNight posted:

I like it, but the visuals can be hot garbage and the fight scenes can feel empty at times.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Those Inhuman costumes look a little bad but I was actually kind of worried they'd just be wearing suits and poo poo so I'm relieved there's costumes at all. I'll reserve strong judgment until I see them in action or with lighting and stuff in a trailer. Either way I've enjoyed Marvel TV so I'm almost certainly in.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The Chris Gethard Show will be back!

...on another network. I'll take it, though.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

GreenNight posted:

I believed this lie for season 2 and 3. Not this time. Not today.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
Superstore tonight was a pretty crazy season finale. Can't wait for season 3.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Snak posted:

I finally watched the most recent ep of Silicon Valley.

I'm not super thrilled with the direction of the plot, but I will never get tired of Gavin Belson getting hosed with
It's hilarious so far, but it needs more Gilfoyle.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

get that OUT of my face posted:

It's hilarious so far, but it needs more Gilfoyle.

I just really like when they do a bit more serialized ongoing effort. I liked the trials and tribulations of trying to turn their startup into a real company. I don't think that's really coming back. It doesn't really lessen the humor, but I liked the story too.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Six episodes into Arrow and I've lost track of how many party scenes I've seen.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Sense8 is almost back. I know it's the 5th, but I'm not sure what time exactly it drops(e: looks like they drop at midnight pacific time, could be wrong though). I saw the old thread is closed. I'd make a new one but I'm really not good at effort posts. Is no one else looking forward to it?

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 05:50 on May 5, 2017

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Sense8 is almost back. I know it's the 5th, but I'm not sure what time exactly it drops(e: looks like they drop at midnight pacific time, could be wrong though). I saw the old thread is closed. I'd make a new one but I'm really not good at effort posts. Is no one else looking forward to it?

Feel free to make the thread, I'm looking forward to it but I put enough effort into the first season post I kinda can't be bothered to do it again.

If you do make the thread, help yourself to my gifs, (especially this one, please use this one )

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Those guys and that ice cream cone making out is literally my favorite part of the intro.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Snak posted:

Those guys and that ice cream cone making out is literally my favorite part of the intro.

gently caress yeah.

HanabaL03
Nov 12, 2003

We're spread, we're spread, we're spreading our.... wings! :v:
Anyone else pumped that the Deadwood script has been completed?!? Finally!

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

alright, i did it, but if you're making a thread and it turns out better, close mine that's fine.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Nah, I wasn't going to do it. Thanks!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

try the new taco place posted:

Superstore tonight was a pretty crazy season finale. Can't wait for season 3.

For me, Sandra ice-grilling Carol as she shut the door and left her to die was the highlight of this, the season finale of a lighthearted sitcom.

My immediate thought after the reveal of the storm damage at the end was "Wonder if they're having to change shooting locations for S3 and had to write that into the script" - which turns out to be true - but I also suspect "Everybody had to take a little time off (And corporate no longer asked for layoffs)" is going to give them a nice status quo reset.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Adult Swim is running the end of the first and start of the second season of Frisky Dingo on their animation marathon on their website right now. Even though I watched it when it first aired and am totally aware the people behind FD were later behind Archer, I can't believe how much it feels like an awful, dollar store knockoff with a more annoying, idiotic Archer in Xander Crews and an equal number of leaned-on-too-hard catchphrases (BOOSH!, Ba-ba-boo, Slideshow!).

e- The first season of FD was really good as I remember, with the second not holding up as well.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 16:09 on May 5, 2017

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

For a series that runs a grand total of 4 1/2 hours, can really anything be leaned on too hard?

Season 2 kind of depresses me now though since it happened in real life.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

bull3964 posted:

For a series that runs a grand total of 4 1/2 hours, can really anything be leaned on too hard?

Oh God you're right.

The Killface for President sign even looked like one of the Hillary for President signs.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Frisky Dingo definitely infected my vocabulary with some sayings I still use seven years after I watched the drat thing.

Like "once again, the [location] has become my Waterloo"

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Insanity. Both seasons of Frisky Dingo are fantastic, especially the second. Adam Reed has definitely honed his writing with Archer, but because it's a half hour show things can breathe in a way they couldn't on FD, and as a result it only rarely has the same kind of intense rhythm that defined its predecessor (Skytanic and Lo Scandalo jump to mind as examples of capturing that same manic energy.) The speed with which running jokes and wordplay would build and layer on top of each other over the course of FD, both within an episode and over the course of the season, was staggering. The dueling Presidential campaigns storyline in S2 does run a little long (And, yeah, isn't as fun now as it was at the time,) but it makes up for it with how much things just go into overdrive in those final 4 episodes. It's probably because he knew renewal prospects for the show were dim at best, but I really enjoyed how Reed killed off a good 3/4 of the cast with no fanfare left and right in that home stretch as the storylines start wrapping up. Efficient and unsentimental ("Is complicated enough without all this evil-twin bullshit having.")

And as good as Jon Benjamin is, I still wish Archer were just Xander Crews, or at that at the very least Reed could find a way to use that voice and character again. Ray sounds a lot like Xander, slightly more nasal, but he's missing Xander's reprehensibly conceited nature.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Frisky Dingo definitely infected my vocabulary with some sayings I still use seven years after I watched the drat thing.

Like "once again, the [location] has become my Waterloo"

Oh yeah.

"Not with that attitude" "Not with ANY attitude!"
"[Blank] made headlines again today - but not the good kind, like you want."
And, of course, MASTER CYLINDER

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 16:56 on May 5, 2017

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Master cylinder combined with Google's gif searching has been my default chat response for so many things.

And yes, so many things I still say today.

"We can't ever go back to 'x'!"

"Not with that attitude. Not with ANY attitude."

"Is complicated enough without at that evil twin bullshit having."

Every single time I exchange money with one of my friends, we reinact the check throwing scene.

For something that ran for such a short amount of time, it had a huge influence.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
A friend had a Scion tC at the time, so you know every time I hopped in the passenger seat I had to let him know that while the bold, sleek styling was all, like, "ka-kow," the 2.4 liter dual overhead cam engine with 160 horsepower was all, like, "ka-KOW."

That's one of those instances where I knew it was product placement, and even worse, it was that self-aware nudge-nudge "hey, did you get that this is a paid sponsorship" product placement that even 30 Rock had a hard time pulling off - but it worked. I laughed and I still remember it.

Scion! tC!

Scion! tC!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Death Rabbits

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

bull3964 posted:

Oh gently caress, you're right. But real life Xander Crews met the meagre requirements to run.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I loved the end of the president storyline. Turns out Xander isn't 35 and Killface isn't a US citizen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
People let me tell you about my new best friend, Baaaaaarnaby Jooooones!

• Locked thread