Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

verybad
Apr 23, 2010

Now with 100% less DoTA crotchshots

Ligur posted:

All this discourse about asylum seeking and asylum seekers needs to stop and handle one important question first: what the gently caress is the war raging in Sweden that forces people to leave the country, or what genocidal or other torturous practices does the Swedish goverment inflict upon those who hang around in Sweden.

If you can't find or identify any, you should perhaps consider the possibility that the whole asylum seeking business in Europe is a completely fradulent one. Which kind of makes all questions like "omg are all the decisions systems like Migri make perfect" more or less irrelevant.

Is there in your mind some particularly convincing argument for why asylum seekers should be stopped in Sweden or Denmark specifically? The asylum seekers don't have any greater of a subjective right to stay there than here. It seems to me that you're arguing that the first safe (EU) country an asylum seeker enters should process them. That's going to overflood their capacity to handle the migrant flow and lead to borderstates where the living conditions for asylum seekers reach abominable lows. I think Greece and Italy are already having tremendous problems with their reception systems being way overburdened (which also tends to lead to really nasty problems wrt. human rights and rule of law, as officials are trying to make due with limited resources while more and more pressure gets put on an already strained system).

It doesn't seem fair to put the sole responsibility in the EU, which is nominally an union of states, on just the border states. In pragmatic terms, we also probably want to promote solidarity on this issue because Finland IS a borderstate. We don't want to be left fending for ourselves in the event that Putin decides to exile a few million dissidents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Why do we need to have the racism slap fight every other week? Just

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Rappaport posted:

Why do we need to have the racism slap fight every other week? Just

Oh I don't actually see Ligurposts but you don't need to see them to be able to respond to them accurately because they're highly formulaic.

E: Literally

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

DarkCrawler posted:

So that is a no, you can not point out any actual laws that were broken. Your only problem comes from your hosed up morals, based on your complete mischaracterisation of the situation, as always (were there non-male, non-adult refugees in Europe? Yes or no is sufficient) And as an aside anyways, 20-year old men are just as valid refugees as any other so repeating that retarded talking point doesn't actually change anything. Notice how you fail to point out any valid alternative on the part of authorities, as always just whining without presenting any solutions.

European nations decided that either they would partake on the refugee load, or they did not. Finland as an exemplary of Western morals and follower of laws and treaties it is a signatory to and a huge promoter of, chose to be the former. That you have a problem with this is an admitted moral failing on your part but I have no interest on delving on that.

Present an argument based on facts, writing and the law, or be quiet, nobody cares about your feefees on the issue. Especially your pathological fear of brown males :qq:

Valid and complelety legal alternative:

- who r u? (At the border.)
- mohamed
- passport, visa, now that u cross the swedish-finnish bordarr?
- no, uhh, forgot
- so we don't know who u r, what r u doing here
- is asylum
- ok let's figure out what causes you to die in sweden

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Also in other thread traditions that just refuse to die, apparently länsimetro will be delayed again. Trump will have his wall before that thing is done.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Trump swore Espoo will pay for the metro.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Rappaport posted:

Also in other thread traditions that just refuse to die, apparently länsimetro will be delayed again. Trump will have his wall before that thing is done.

So how much is Länsimetro over budget now? A few hundred million euros? Some Swiss/Cayman bankers must be happy.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Ligur posted:

Valid and complelety legal alternative:

- who r u? (At the border.)
- mohamed
- passport, visa, now that u cross the swedish-finnish bordarr?
- no, uhh, forgot
- so we don't know who u r, what r u doing here
- is asylum
- ok let's figure out what causes you to die in sweden

Is he seeking asylum as Sweden as his country of origin? If not, your 5-year old's comprehension of asylum legislation once again fails you.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
The problem is that the Dublin agreement is not followed at all and countries just do whatever they like. This should be addressed by EU wide policy change but as that is not happening we get this poo poo.

doverhog fucked around with this message at 18:04 on May 5, 2017

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

DarkCrawler posted:

Is he seeking asylum as Sweden as his country of origin? If not, your 5-year old's comprehension of asylum legislation once again fails you.

I present thee ligur's asylum and immigration views in song form

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADilN0erl_k

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

lol joko ihmiset on unohtanut kuinka itämetrokin oli aikanaan vuosia myöhässä?

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Oh noble brogy. Overflowing with meaty wisdom and secret sauce.

HerraS posted:

lol joko ihmiset on unohtanut kuinka itämetrokin oli aikanaan vuosia myöhässä?

Yes, but it went east, so nobody gave a gently caress.

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
I'd laught at länsimetro but it would probably be returned tenfold once our ratikkahanke gets going properly.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
Also the Dublin agreement was badly broken from the start since it puts all the burden on the EU border states with no compensation mechanism.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Herman Merman posted:

Also the Dublin agreement was badly broken from the start since it puts all the burden on the EU border states with no compensation mechanism.

Yes, that is the main reason it's not followed.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I

Herman Merman posted:

It was perfect for refugee crisis' which did not touch Europe's borders and could be outsourced to Iran/Pakistan/Kenya/etc. with plausible moral superiority and tut tut of our fingers.

Now we just straight up bribe Islamic dictators to deal with refugees so we have to take care of only a fraction of a fraction, and somehow the pussy squad in our country still get vapors over our country absorbing a smaller amount of refugees then the amount of people in my neighbourhood or in the lovely bumpkin town I grew up in.

Holy gently caress Lebanon hass two million refugees. This is the literal best case scenario without being a literal right-wing dictatorship.

EDIT: STOP YOUR BITCHSHIT WHINING, you are the 5%

EDIT 2: I have no idea where in Helsinki I am right now. I think based on the melanin count I am in the East?? Brown girls are great until they drag you to weird placa and weird drugs

Ur the most widely distributed group of people in Finland I know. I can smeĺl the seaa, hear a lot of Swedish and see a lot minorites where am I?

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 22:58 on May 5, 2017

ALLAN LASSUS
May 11, 2007

apul.prof./ass.prof.

DarkCrawler posted:

Holy gently caress Lebanon hass two million refugees. This is the literal best case scenario without being a literal right-wing dictatorship.

Yes but you see there in the desert they have the same culture and they are of the same people whereas in Finland we forest mongols are totally different and our superior cul... I mean they cannot ever integrate properly because [all Ligur and Hommaforum arguments here] and that is why Finland shouldn't take any refugees except these certain very small groups which I've decided would be ok until I decide otherwise because [Halla-aho quote here]

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Jesus Christ you pussies are not even absorbing the lessons here, where are you even from?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

DarkCrawler posted:

EDIT 2: I have no idea where in Helsinki I am right now. I think based on the melanin count I am in the East?? Brown girls are great until they drag you to weird placa and weird drugs

Ur the most widely distributed group of people in Finland I know. I can smeĺl the seaa, hear a lot of Swedish and see a lot minorites where am I?

Sounds like Porvoo.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry
Migri is currently a mess.
Not even counting refugees, just registering/asking for a permit to stay in Finland for people coming in from other EU-countries costs 470 euros by a paper form and 420 euros through their electric service, 520/450euros if you're coming in to work, 360/300e for studying. That's for the first one, continuation costs 187 euros.

You'll still need to get identified, which you can do online if you happened to get a bank account with internet banking (good luck refugees, Nordea would not give an EU citizen a card for the account or internet banking until there was stable money coming in)
If you can't though, welp. You'll need to get a time at an office, any one will do. They give out times up to two months in advance, no further, and when I checked it's no problem getting a spot only a month from now if you happen to live in Rovaniemi. For anywhere else, you need to go out in and wait in line 3 hours before they open if you want to get in the Migri office. Source: failed to get in twice because we weren't there early enough. The instant the Helsinki office opens, the tickets for that day are handed out. Anywhere from 30-60 tickets a day, depending on staffing. They're gone in 10 minutes. If you get a ticket, hope you don't have somewhere to be, like work, because it took us 4 hours to have our ticket called.

Talked to other people in line while waiting to pass the time. They said it was worse if you wanted to get in KELA.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Sharpest Crayon posted:

Migri is currently a mess.
Not even counting refugees, just registering/asking for a permit to stay in Finland for people coming in from other EU-countries costs 470 euros by a paper form and 420 euros through their electric service, 520/450euros if you're coming in to work, 360/300e for studying. That's for the first one, continuation costs 187 euros.

You'll still need to get identified, which you can do online if you happened to get a bank account with internet banking (good luck refugees, Nordea would not give an EU citizen a card for the account or internet banking until there was stable money coming in)
If you can't though, welp. You'll need to get a time at an office, any one will do. They give out times up to two months in advance, no further, and when I checked it's no problem getting a spot only a month from now if you happen to live in Rovaniemi. For anywhere else, you need to go out in and wait in line 3 hours before they open if you want to get in the Migri office. Source: failed to get in twice because we weren't there early enough. The instant the Helsinki office opens, the tickets for that day are handed out. Anywhere from 30-60 tickets a day, depending on staffing. They're gone in 10 minutes. If you get a ticket, hope you don't have somewhere to be, like work, because it took us 4 hours to have our ticket called.

Talked to other people in line while waiting to pass the time. They said it was worse if you wanted to get in KELA.

Everything is an unholy mess right now because our current government couldn't budget time for a making GBS threads break, and as a result shat their pants. That was a metaphor at first.

Ligur's probably happy, this is what he has wanted all along.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

DarkCrawler posted:

What drugs were these asking for friend

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

DarkCrawler posted:

I

It was perfect for refugee crisis' which did not touch Europe's borders and could be outsourced to Iran/Pakistan/Kenya/etc. with plausible moral superiority and tut tut of our fingers.

Now we just straight up bribe Islamic dictators to deal with refugees so we have to take care of only a fraction of a fraction, and somehow the pussy squad in our country still get vapors over our country absorbing a smaller amount of refugees then the amount of people in my neighbourhood or in the lovely bumpkin town I grew up in.

EDIT: STOP YOUR BITCHSHIT WHINING, you are the 5%

DarkCrawler posted:

Jesus Christ you pussies are not even absorbing the lessons here, where are you even from?

it's always nice to see that even sjws start dishing out blatant sexist remarks once they get a little booze in their system

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fushigi Yuugi fansub posted:

it's always nice to see that even sjws start dishing out blatant sexist remarks once they get a little booze in their system

DarkCrawler isn't really a SJW, just anti-Ligur

ALLAN LASSUS, Cerebral Bore and some other guy who I am forgetting now are the LF-remnants who flip out over microaggressions or whatever

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
Calling economically ignorant seriousposts microaggressions is really stretching the meaning of the word.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o-cj-lSi6Q

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

By Allah, why does our maajoukkue suck so much this year?

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

For the same reason it's still winter in mid-May. God hates us.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Double Bill posted:

God hates us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFAcGPCriC4

hail satan

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Hitttlarrrr

Finnish hockey 2016-2017

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

Herman Merman posted:

Calling economically ignorant seriousposts microaggressions is really stretching the meaning of the word.

calling things microaggressions and stretching the meaning of words is what social justice is all about tho

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Holy gently caress is this hockey season the wrong time to have to be sober :negative:

otherwise this thread would reach a critical mass of drunkpostery

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 20:04 on May 9, 2017

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Just lol if you care about hockey beyond a reason to get drunk.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

DarkCrawler posted:

Holy gently caress is this hockey season the wrong time to have to be sober :negative:

otherwise this thread would reach a critical mass of drunkpostery

Try something like: hrlrbrgh thes FINLANDE TEAM SUCKES hahaha it because coach coach marjamakie and traitor nHL PLAYERS,! who received there millions from playing on natiolane teams when young hockey players ligurrr

You are not a very good poster otherwise, but when you hit critical mass on booze/drugs, not that bad.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Ligur posted:

Try something like: hrlrbrgh thes FINLANDE TEAM SUCKES hahaha it because coach coach marjamakie and traitor nHL PLAYERS,! who received there millions from playing on natiolane teams when young hockey players ligurrr

You are not a very good poster otherwise, but when you hit critical mass on booze/drugs, not that bad.

Oh then you definitely need to get shitfaced more often

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

DarkCrawler posted:

Oh then you definitely need to get shitfaced more often

Hitler was a teetotaller tho

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Rappaport posted:

Hitler was a teetotaller tho

Indeed he was sober, Hitler just took massive quantities of daily cocktails containing pervitin (meth), eukodol (heroin), cocaine eye drops, barbiturates, testosterone, and other substances that probably greatly improved his rational and clearheaded strategic decisions during the latter stages of the war.

Unfortunately I don't think either me or DarkCrawler can afford the Hitler-lifestyle and mostly just have to drink moonshine or whatever.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ligur posted:

Indeed he was sober, Hitler just took massive quantities of daily cocktails containing pervitin (meth), eukodol (heroin), cocaine eye drops, barbiturates, testosterone, and other substances that probably greatly improved his rational and clearheaded strategic decisions during the latter stages of the war.

Unfortunately I don't think either me or DarkCrawler can afford the Hitler-lifestyle and mostly just have to drink moonshine or whatever.

Hmm it seems like you know a lot about Adolf Hitler I wonder why that is.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I am implying Ligur is a nazi, by the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
An entirely unexpected turn of events.