Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

a.lo posted:

mike matei bdsms james rolfe every hour of his life and makes him eat used nintendo switch cartridges then takes pics of it for his audience of twitter voyeurs. james willingly mugs for the camera like a good boy

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Utnayan posted:

None of this matters in the form of cost breakdown when you are dealing with end of life technology from three years ago.

If you look at all the components, none of this was done with any sort of advanced technology obviously. Of course there won't be active cooling. There shouldn't have to be given this device is drIving end of life components from as far back as 2011. Component breakdown remains the same. Total cost of the switch from a consumer product level is around 160-170 and absolutely no where near the claims made of 260-270. Amazing that people can't see two things. 1) If that price point were true, Nintendo would be LOSING money on every switch sold. 2) Somehow end of life technology costs what it did before it was announced end of life. Everything IN the switch is end of life from chip set manufactures. Everything.

But does it play good games?

AutisticScreeching
Dec 16, 2016

Utnayan posted:

None of this matters in the form of cost breakdown when you are dealing with end of life technology from three years ago.

If you look at all the components, none of this was done with any sort of advanced technology obviously. Of course there won't be active cooling. There shouldn't have to be given this device is drIving end of life components from as far back as 2011. Component breakdown remains the same. Total cost of the switch from a consumer product level is around 160-170 and absolutely no where near the claims made of 260-270. Amazing that people can't see two things. 1) If that price point were true, Nintendo would be LOSING money on every switch sold. 2) Somehow end of life technology costs what it did before it was announced end of life. Everything IN the switch is end of life from chip set manufactures. Everything.

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Utnayan posted:

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Nintendo, release more games so these accoustics can stop arguing over the cost of manufacturing a console*

*(Without considering overhead costs in design & development phases)

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
Why are the posts in this thread so bad

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Have any of these broken morons ever watched shark tank? poo poo sells for 35-500% markup on the regular. Welcome to the world.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

It prints money motherfuckers

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The Milkman posted:

Why are the posts in this thread so bad

Cause goons can't loving stop engaging with fuckwits, and have a million bad reasons for why they should.

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?
I'm getting better at Tumbleseed

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

But how much does it really cost?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Meridian posted:

But how much does it really cost?

299.99 usd

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Wrong.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Norns posted:

299.99 usd

Yeah, if you can find one!

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I am shocked Nintendo makes a solid profit from something they manufacture. I feel like they should sell it to me for 50% less than what it cost them to make. Garbage company.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I just worked a poo poo load of overtime this week and I'm gonna use that overtime money to buy a switch

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
But what does the sales tax pay for?

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Louisgod posted:

This year for Japan is definitely likely but lol if anybody thinks it's hitting the US before December. Best case scenario, JPN version has English subs, download off of JPN eStore, bam

I'm expecting 2018 holiday, anything sooner than that and I will be pleasantly surprised. I'm also buying it solely due to them bringing back the people who did the soundtrack for Xenoblade Chronicles, hopefully the game turns out to be good! I hope anyone who had anything to do with XCX wasn't allowed near the game.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

rear end cobra posted:

But what does the sales tax pay for?

Wealthcare.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Have any of these broken morons ever watched shark tank? poo poo sells for 35-500% markup on the regular. Welcome to the world.

Not really in video game consoles though. Nintendo is the only company that sells their initial launch consoles at a fairly healthy profit. Sony and MS loss lead and make it up on licensing, market place (Video,/Movies, Games) and now, ads and apps (For MS). Kudos should be given to Nintendo for, in all actuality, continuing to con their player base into buying very antiquated hardware and trying to sell alternate means of playing antiquated games. By Antiquated, I mean to today's graphical/audio and presentation standards. Game play wise, some are very good (EX: Zelda)

It obviously has worked well for them up until the Wii U and jury is still out on how successful the Switch will be.

Utnayan fucked around with this message at 19:51 on May 5, 2017

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I just hope that fancy new Shin Megami Tensei is a Q2 2018 game, and not Holiday 2019 game :negative:

Or a nightmarish flashback of Persona 5 delays

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Utnayan posted:

Not really in video game consoles though. Nintendo is the only company that sells their initial launch consoles at a fairly healthy profit. Sony and MS loss lead and make it up on licensing, market place (Video,/Movies, Games) and now, ads and apps (For MS). Kudos should be given to Nintendo for, in all actuality, continuing to con their player base into buying very antiquated hardware and trying to sell alternate means of playing antiquated games. By Antiquated, I mean to today's graphical/audio and presentation standards. Game play wise, some are very good (EX: Zelda)

This 720p gaming tablet is an antiquated piece of fr*cking poo poo

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Nintendo filed trademark for a Bowser spin-off game! :sugartits:

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Wow everybody's making bank on this new nintendo

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

DrakePegasus posted:

bowser beach volleyball

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

DrakePegasus posted:

I hope this is the next RPG

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Waluigi game when

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nintendo Switch: How much is that Dead Console in the window?

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
i bought a switch with money from my job and its fun and i still have money :prepop:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

strap on revenge posted:

i bought a switch with money from my job and its fun and i still have money :prepop:

:trumppop:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I wonder if it's about time for that one guy to re-buy a Switch.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

actually it costs my friends Nintendo 299.99 to make a Switch. they sell them at cost because they are cool and good and my friend.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

tap my mountain posted:

I hope this is the next RPG

Bowser's Inside Story was pretty good and Bowser's battle theme kicked rear end

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

strap on revenge posted:

What the gently caress.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
I tipped the guy who delivered my Nintendo Switch in his duct taped car 20 dollars

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

rear end cobra posted:

I tipped the guy who delivered my Nintendo Switch in his duct taped car 20 dollars

Did he give you weed

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

acksplode posted:

This 720p gaming tablet is an antiquated piece of fr*cking poo poo

Well, here is the panel they use.

HSD062IDW1-Axx A00 A02 HannStar

You can find these on ebay for about 26 bucks. In EOL manufacturing reboots, about $5 bucks at most. So yes, the LCD display itself is an antiquated piece of poo poo. But this is how Nintendo makes money on their hardware. Still, if this would have been launched back when this technology was mainstream (Around 2010) it would have obviously been amazing for the day.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Utnayan posted:

You can find these on ebay for about 26 bucks. In EOL manufacturing reboots, about $5 bucks at most.

Holy poo poo. Jesus Christ. gently caress. gently caress me. Where's the nearest trash can

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Utnayan posted:

You can find these on ebay for about 26 bucks. In EOL manufacturing reboots, about $5 bucks at most. So yes, the LCD display itself is an antiquated piece of poo poo. But this is how Nintendo makes money on their hardware.

oh word?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Utnayan posted:

You can find these on ebay for about 26 bucks. In EOL manufacturing reboots, about $5 bucks at most. So yes, the LCD display itself is an antiquated piece of poo poo. But this is how Nintendo makes money on their hardware.

Why do you care?
It's a fun console that's not super expensive, that, so far, has fun games.
Does it matter how much the manufacturing costs are?

• Locked thread