Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Reaganomicon posted:

the other tribes wanted to bury kennewick man's skeleton in a secret location and permit zero study of it, so gently caress them

That was pretty egregious, but there has also been a long and sordid history of white grave robbing of Indian burials in the name of science. Paleoanthropology is a little different than digging up someone's grandad to sell to a collection, but if you belong to a group that's had the latter happen to you, maybe you'll think twice about allowing the former.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Jurgan posted:

I assume what he meant, based on his comments about "location," was not "gently caress my constituents if they didn't vote for me," but rather "these are out-of-state protesters." Still a dumb argument.
A generous reading of the statement is that they are people that aren't from his district, not necessarily out of state. But if the event happened in Albemarle County as the video indicated, that's his district.

What I really think he meant is those were a bunch of liberals from the liberal side of the county that's in his district and they won't vote for him anyways so gently caress what they think.

Maybe he meant a lot of them were college students and don't actually vote there, but the "gently caress what they and anyone who does not vote for me think" part still stands.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I don't think it's a new thing for Republicans to go "Well they're registered democrats, I don't give a poo poo anyways"

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

"She hung up!"

13 :stare:

How can I show what's going on in TV? Ah yes, a movie theater marquee!

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Ularg posted:

I don't think it's a new thing for Republicans to go "Well they're registered democrats, I don't give a poo poo anyways"

It is still an abhorrent thing for a politician to say.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Hunt11 posted:

It is still an abhorrent thing for a politician to say.

Not denying that, just saying that this has been a thing in politics where neither side wants to even try to get voters from across the political lines.

Oh gently caress off Branco. GOP did a horrible job but all your worried about is that EVERYONE didn't lose their coverage like your little murderboner wanted.

Edit: also gently caress Rall, but we already knew that.

Ularg fucked around with this message at 18:41 on May 5, 2017

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

I really like this one.

Nice propaganda influence

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Incidentally, if you're curious about United States search trends in the past day:

SomeMathGuy fucked around with this message at 18:48 on May 5, 2017

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I said this like two months ago and a bunch of people jumped down my throat but he's been doing it intermittently since January, if not November. And often enough that I took notice, and I'm not very observant. What happened to him?

He works in North Carolina.whoops, thinking of his uncle.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

What??

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Yeah it's impossible to read this in any other way than that Branco is just loving furious that some bleeding heart RINOs are still trying to ensure that people with pre-existing conditions will at least not fall into immediate bakruptcy and/or death.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Some severe Election Year going on in this cartoon.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Chelsea Clinton for Congress, maybe.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Erenthal posted:

Yeah it's impossible to read this in any other way than that Branco is just loving furious that some bleeding heart RINOs are still trying to ensure that people with pre-existing conditions will at least not fall into immediate bakruptcy and/or death.

I don't know how you're reading THAT. All I got is "Republicans are using 'coverage for PEC' to resurrect Repeal and Replace" which...loving WHAT??

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Isn't this just classic "we can only care about one thing at a time" thinking?

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Sandpuppy posted:

This cartoon probably pisses me off more than any of the others. People's health care is being taken out from under them, and Payne is whining because a comedian said mean words to Trump.

gently caress him.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Faustian Bargain posted:

Isn't this just classic "we can only care about one thing at a time" thinking?

yeah, from the lady

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Sandpuppy posted:

"She hung up!"

"No, actually, another four years of Trump destroying our country is preferable to a center-left Democrat making incremental gains and preventing further damage."

That's actually Rall's message here, right? I'm not misreading this? In his mind we're supposed to be disagreeing with the lady?

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
You can wait forever for the perfect political candidate. I'm nearly 40 years old and every last one of them has had their flaws. Even those who are held up as paragons are shaky when you look closer (even Bernie.)

But some have definitely been better than others. Specifically, Republicans have been universal disasters.

A lot of far left-wingers like to not vote at all because they don't want to compromise their moral purity by choosing the lesser of two evils and being responsible for the bad things their candidate does. Better to vote for imaginary President Bernie and assume he'd have done everything planned and not faced any significant resistance that caused him to compromise and make deals which aren't so great. Or unexpected events that maybe he wouldn't have handled so well. Or been dragged into war by forces beyond his control. Yes, the Bernie in your head is perfect.

Vote Stooge.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Brother Entropy posted:

yeah, from the lady
I didn't mean from the Rall character, I meant Rall building his character's opponent in this way, so yes.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

This cartoon probably pisses me off more than any of the others. People's health care is being taken out from under them, and Payne is whining because a comedian said mean words to Trump.

gently caress him.

It is their only defense against the mountain of legitimate criticism coming their way. Same thing they've been doing for two decades.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Idealism is a basic component of being on the left, but it breaks my heart when it leads to inaction. I blame Plato.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Gonna quote Cracked here (do we still hate Cracked at SA?) because poo poo is so basic I have no idea why people ever feel the need to discuss it:

quote:

Really, it seems pretty obvious. If your options are "get into a bunch of trouble" or "get into twice as much trouble," how is this even an issue? Sure, a bunch of trouble is kind of a pain in the rear end, but it is undeniably better than double trouble. How could Jones even ask the question without immediately recognizing the answer?

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015

Xander77 posted:

(do we still hate Cracked at SA?)

No need to ask, SA hates everything.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

quote:

On the eve of Israel's Independence Day, UNESCO passed a resolution calling for the revocation of Israeli sovereignity in all of Jerusalem, despite Israeli attempts to convince as many countries as possible to resist.The UNESCO resolution calls on Israel, as the "occupying power," to cease "persistent excavations, tunneling, works and projects in east Jerusalem," which the Palestinians claim as the capital of their future state. Israel views the entire city as its capital.
Labels: Israel, Jerusalem, UN, UNESCO

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Wait, I though that still has to go through senate before it actually happens. Did I misunderstand something?

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Cabbit posted:

"No, actually, another four years of Donald "I beat China all the time" Trump destroying our country is preferable to a center-left Democrat making incremental gains and preventing further damage."

That's actually Rall's message here, right? I'm not misreading this? In his mind we're supposed to be disagreeing with the lady?

As always, Rall's message is "You should elect me, Ted Rall, as president-for-life, as I have the best opinions."

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

quote:

this one just exhausts me.

go gently caress yourself rall

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

Electric Phantasm posted:

Wait, I though that still has to go through senate before it actually happens. Did I misunderstand something?

It does, and apparently the Senate is planning on just scrapping the House version and writing their own, but it's still going to happen.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Didn't realize that the Rep. of Ireland isn't part of the Lynch Party... Do we have to apply by mail or fill out some forms?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Theresa May and the EU – PM delivers unexpected broadside against Brussels, claiming that European commission and unnamed officials had been trying to meddle in UK election campaign"

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
Mac on... Prince Philip's retirement

Bonus! Prospect magazine:

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Sandpuppy posted:

Is the backlash to Colbert because he called Trump's mouth "Putin's cock holster?"

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Xenoveritas posted:

It does, and apparently the Senate is planning on just scrapping the House version and writing their own, but it's still going to happen.
And then the House has to vote on the Senate version, or they have to make a third version that reconciles both versions and that version has to be voted on by both houses.

It's a long way to go from this to a bill going to Trump's desk. Not impossible, but the fight isn't over.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Johnny Walker posted:

And then the House has to vote on the Senate version, or they have to make a third version that reconciles both versions and that version has to be voted on by both houses.

It's a long way to go from this to a bill going to Trump's desk. Not impossible, but the fight isn't over.

No matter the outcome, it doesn't mean it never happened and that Obama should never talk about it. It's overall a really weird way to make a comic about the bill.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Cloud Potato posted:

:britain:
Bonus! Prospect magazine:

People who are so obsessed with immigration to the point that they would use their last moments before being killed by a giant robot to rant about their fear of immigrants are not worth talking to. AGC.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

duz posted:

No matter the outcome, it doesn't mean it never happened and that Obama should never talk about it. It's overall a really weird way to make a comic about the bill.
From Mike Lester's perspective the ACA has been nothing but an unmitigated disaster and to him the House vote validates this so Obama will want to avoid talking about his big failure.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

SwitchbladeKult posted:

People who are so obsessed with immigration to the point that they would use their last moments before being killed by a giant robot to rant about their fear of immigrants are not worth talking to. AGC.

I think those are supposed to be Martian tripods from War of the Worlds but I'm kind of sure you're not wrong about the actual joke.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Oh goodness; how terrible to hear that the government resource of Facebook is employing more people to monitor content.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Samovar posted:

Oh goodness; how terrible to hear that the government resource of Facebook is employing more people to monitor content.

I'm pretty sure the part that really gets conservative pundits upsets is the idea of creating 3000 jobs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015

Cat Mattress posted:

I'm pretty sure the part that really gets conservative pundits upsets is the idea of creating 3000 jobs.

In Godless California no doubt.

• Locked thread