Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemon
May 22, 2003

I punched a woman to death today for the first time, felt good.

Lemon fucked around with this message at 19:07 on May 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Javes posted:

I really hate skill based matchmaking.

I feel like if theres a game that would really benefit from throwing everyone into a blender and coughing them out again in 100 nerd batches totally at random it would be this one. Or maybe like 3-4 MMR tranches tops or something.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

im still lollin at people posting dr disrespect here and the first time he's in an actual tournament with skilled players he camps and get loving whomped

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I don't think people watch him for top level gameplay tbh

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

im still lollin at people posting dr disrespect here and the first time he's in an actual tournament with skilled players he camps and get loving whomped

because Dr disrespect doesn't take himself seriously like all other "PRO MLG" streamers out there that suck

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Javes posted:

I really hate skill based matchmaking.

The allure of smurfing is a really great way to make people buy your game multiple times, though!

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Dr Disrepect is fun for a few minutes. Then like most streams I turn it off. I only ever watch streams of tournaments with quality casters.

Also jeez the flash hider is a loving huge improvement in terms of limiting muzzle flash.

Catsplosion
Aug 19, 2007

I am become Dwarf, the destroyer of cats.

Carebearz posted:

because Dr disrespect doesn't take himself seriously like all other "PRO MLG" streamers out there that suck

I don't get how somebody could find his shtick entertaining past the first viewing tbh. To each his own, I guess.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I think he's hilarious. And he'll have some really cool moments on stream too and it adds to his character. Talkin poo poo is fun

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

qkkl posted:

How important are kills for raising your ELO? My strategy right now is to just run for the next safe zone as soon as it appears and camp in a safe place. This seems to be a consistent way to stay alive while everyone else kills themselves, but obviously I don't get many kills. I managed to win a solo game where my only kill was on the last guy.

killing people both makes you feel good and gives you items

shitting stars
Jun 11, 2008

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Where else can you see MLG plays like this?

https://clips.twitch.tv/EnjoyableSuperChoughImGlitch

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Is it just me or have the servers been super laggy as of late?

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

who would have thought the awful garbage people don't like dr disrespect, the greatest gamer in PUBG/H1Z1/Possibly Ever

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
I ran over a guy who had apparently just looted a crate drop with my buggy yesterday. He had kar with 8x lvl3 armor and helmet and a bazillion ammo. Didnt help him vs a car. For his consolation i got picked off while prone in tall grass thinking about what i wanted to do because the other guy was far enough away that my tall grass was invisible. Never got to snipe someone :(

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

You weren't missing much, the kar isn't the greatest gun in the world

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Ostentatious posted:

who would have thought the awful garbage people don't like dr disrespect, the greatest gamer in PUBG/H1Z1/Possibly Ever

he's good when he isn't trying to play to win

in pubg you're either really good or crazy enough to make things work

watching a normally cool guy do the "optimum strat" and not doing something like mowing people down with a car = lame

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

it's all about the violence, speed, and momentum baby

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I am a proud, card carrying member of T H E S L I C K D A D D Y C L U B

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
It's a huge rush to stare at your monitor for two minutes where not a single pixel changes and you hear footsteps around you.

It feels like minutes 2-7 are rather boring because the early skirmishes are over and everyone is just running to the zone. The full map feels too big for 100 players, they should increase the max players to 200 and have the first zone be larger.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

qkkl posted:

It's a huge rush to stare at your monitor for two minutes where not a single pixel changes and you hear footsteps around you.

It feels like minutes 2-7 are rather boring because the early skirmishes are over and everyone is just running to the zone. The full map feels too big for 100 players, they should increase the max players to 200 and have the first zone be larger.

so no matter where you drop it's going to be a complete dicking, that sounds fun

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I had no idea who he was till I started playing PUBG and he's pretty fun to watch. I don't feel his act gets at all tiring to watch and it isn't so over the top that it detracts from the stream. For the most part it's just pretty chill. It's more watchable than break who had a really loving annoying follow/sub/donation notification every few seconds that made me turn that poo poo off.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Ostentatious posted:

I am a proud, card carrying member of T H E S L I C K D A D D Y C L U B

firm handshake buddy

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

I do not watch streamers but I appreciate the funny clips people post in here, thank you for your service o7

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

so seeing gun flashes through walls, fences and houses is a known bug right?

edit: nm I googled it and it is

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

so seeing gun flashes through walls, fences and houses is a known bug right?

Probably, there are/were occasional bugs with people I played with where buildings/bridges wouldn't load at all and they could see people inside/on them.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

I need to stop reading this thread because i'm stuck late at work today and am jonesing for some PUBG

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Carebearz posted:

I need to stop reading this thread because i'm stuck late at work today and am jonesing for some PUBG

I see your pain and raise you: my job makes me wanna rumble with some internet trash.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Willie Tomg posted:

I see your pain and raise you: my job makes me wanna rumble with some internet trash.

we should hook up and dutch rudder with each other while we play this game.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
Dr DisRespect is good in small doses.

Motorbikes are deathtraps, yo. This was just now in back-to-back games.

I had made a mental note of this motorbike already as I was planning on using it.
https://streamable.com/1yzg0
The game just before this was so crazy laggy (EU). I would never have made those shots on that server.

Still don't fully understand what happened with this one...
https://streamable.com/u2hcl

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
My Bushtech™ is getting more and more sophisticated. Still only one chicken dinner but consistently top 10 now.

I usually get popped by somebody with an 8x outside the blue circle when I move bushes to avoid the blue death.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
Protip: You can flip bikes by pressing F.

Also on a sidenote to the Elo system. I started to gather some information about the matches to figure out what number has how much impact on the leaderboards. I will probably make it accessible when I have around 25-30 matches of information.

And some people in the Top10 still shouldn't be in the Top100

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

My rank seems to go up a lot when I play a lot. It matters less if I do well or not. So the ranking system definitely needs some work but ideally you still need rank decay to keep people playing so maybe it's not all bad.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
Someone tried to use the crossbow on me and I looked around, but couldn't see him, so I looked at the direction the arrow was lodged in the house next to me and rushed the rock he was hiding behind and sprayed him with my UMP.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

I think my weakness is towards the end, I can usually win an early scrum in a town if I drop into a contested one, however towards the end I struggle on the final approaches. I usually make it into the top 20 then get pegged by someone near the end either by trying to advance into the circle or someone pegs me with a scoped gun, because I seem unlucky cause I have only ever found a couple 2x scopes and never one of them nice ones.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Jack2142 posted:

I think my weakness is towards the end, I can usually win an early scrum in a town if I drop into a contested one, however towards the end I struggle on the final approaches. I usually make it into the top 20 then get pegged by someone near the end either by trying to advance into the circle or someone pegs me with a scoped gun, because I seem unlucky cause I have only ever found a couple 2x scopes and never one of them nice ones.

Hide in a bush, don't move until you have to. Get into the top 10 every time.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

the bush is incredibly powerful

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Get a car and drive in a circles during the final phase of the game. People are so busy watching their own backs that they don't want to shoot at you because it will give away their position to the other guy hiding in a bush. Then when the circle moves you're in a prime position to get to the white faster than them and you have a mobile piece of cover if its in a field!

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Holy gently caress the RNG has hosed me today. Give me a fuckin' break, game.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Hey guys I did this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m--QAOq7E6Q

WEEDBABY'S SCHOOL OF DRIVING REALLY REALLY GOOD (FOR ANTS)

VulgarandStupid fucked around with this message at 01:47 on May 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Does anyone else have problems with hangups/freeze-ups when opening your inventory?

I mean my game literally goes to 0 FPS. It will half load the transparent inventory UI and then the screen won't update for 5-30 seconds. The game still accepts movement and looting mouse and keyboard commands but my visuals are totally locked up for that time period, this always happens the first time hit tab after parachuting in regardless of if I am in the middle of a town or just out at sea. Preemptively opening it while I parachute in does not help either, unfortunately.

• Locked thread