Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

hobbesmaster posted:

it's the kind of story you read and think "bullshit, that's got to be exaggerated" then you see photos of a loving bear saluting an officer and hanging out with the troops

I want to know how he carried the ammo, surely he couldn't just cradle howitzer rounds like that? then again he's a loving bear so who knows

if you've ever seen bears hanging around a campground, you know they can carry all kinds of poo poo people leave lying around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YDYv6bvs4w

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

http://i.imgur.com/brHwHLv.mp4

https://gifsound.com/?gifv=brHwHLv&v=4Tr0otuiQuU

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

Okay, this is freaky.

Back when I was in my mid teens, my friend and I rented this movie on video disc (RCA SeletVision CED like TechMoan reviewed a few months ago). We found that if we tapped the rewind button acted like a cheap "remixer", and you could repeat little snips over and over again if you got the timing right.

This exact moment had us in hysterics for some reason, and it's one of the main moments in the movie that is permanently burned into my brain. I can practically hear it just watching it.

Anyway, that's my randomly evoked childhood memory story.

Also, Chocolate Mousse has my favorite exchange with Nick Rivers in that movie.

"Mind if I have a swig?"

"Go ahead!"

*Nick takes a drink and spits it out immediately* "What is this?"

"GASOLINE! HAHAHAHAHA*GLUG GLUG GLUG GLUG GLUG*"

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Top Secret! is so good

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

someone told me the "russians just used a pencil lol" thing today and i went "uh actually that's an urban legend because..." because im a pedantic jerk

thing is the real story is actually better because it involved NASA procuring mechanical pencils for like $19 each until someone hauled them up for wastage and some dude sold both NASA and the Russians the "space pens" he had invented and was making for like $4

edit: so i guess private enterprise was the real hero here

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i thought both us and the rooskies were using grease pencils until that private manufacturer just up and produced a buncha space pens and talked nasa into buyin em

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

mitch mcconnell?

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

yeah, same

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

fishmech posted:

if you've ever seen bears hanging around a campground, you know they can carry all kinds of poo poo people leave lying around

was thinking more about his grip than anything. unless those rounds aren't as heavy as I thought

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

hobbesmaster posted:

was thinking more about his grip than anything. unless those rounds aren't as heavy as I thought

the shells tend to weigh around 100 pounds individually for the heavier ones used today, the wwii variants were probably similar.

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
my favorite part of that story is wojtek's old friends jumping into a bear enclosure at a zoo to wrestle with him for old times sake, can just imagine the staff's reaction the first time anyone did that

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Lysidas posted:

my favorite part of that story is wojtek's old friends jumping into a bear enclosure at a zoo to wrestle with him for old times sake, can just imagine the staff's reaction the first time anyone did that

in 2016 they would have shot the bear

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

harambear

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fishmech posted:

lol no i havent. i believe nz didnt even have a singl native land mammal and so birds ruled the lands. of course birds make useless land rulers so our national icon needs to be coddled through its entire life, and the moa which is cool is dead as gently caress because its just a big bird.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

echinopsis posted:

lol no i havent. i believe nz didnt even have a singl native land mammal and so birds ruled the lands. of course birds make useless land rulers so our national icon needs to be coddled through its entire life, and the moa which is cool is dead as gently caress because its just a big bird.

nz national bird should be the haast's eagle, which makes the bald eagle look like a little bitch

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Mods please rename yospos "Kidz Bop".

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Roosevelt posted:

nz national bird should be the haast's eagle, which makes the bald eagle look like a little bitch

i know gently caress all
about it ye now i want to

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

echinopsis posted:

i know gently caress all
about it ye now i want to

it hunted moa

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

:effort:

burning swine
May 26, 2004

I made a trip down to OEM PARTS today to get some resistors

this is my story

kinda want to go buy that HP

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
weedlord bonerhitler you've got some competition

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

weedlord bonerhitler you've got some competition

glad to see echi's doing well

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

I made a trip down to OEM PARTS today to get some resistors

that radio on top is a Knight (Allied Radio) Star Roamer shortwave radio. It was my very first shortwave when I was a kid back in the late 70s. I found a busted one (dried up filter caps), but in perfect condition otherwise on Etsy for 20 bucks. it's since repaired and works great. i collect antique radios, and you'd have to bodily drag me out of that place.

burning swine
May 26, 2004

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

that radio on top is a Knight (Allied Radio) Star Roamer shortwave radio. It was my very first shortwave when I was a kid back in the late 70s. I found a busted one (dried up filter caps), but in perfect condition otherwise on Etsy for 20 bucks. it's since repaired and works great. i collect antique radios, and you'd have to bodily drag me out of that place.

they have so many more than I even bothered to picture

and a nice vacuum tube testing console on the way out the door so you can test your tubes before even leaving the store :cool:

sarcastx
Feb 26, 2005

hey can anyone find that video of "come as you are - unplugged" but it's literally just the word "come" and then it ends?
i need to piss someone off but i can't find it

Sophian
Jun 16, 2007
I'm nothing.

sarcastx posted:

hey can anyone find that video of "come as you are - unplugged" but it's literally just the word "come" and then it ends?
i need to piss someone off but i can't find it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb7GmolHTd4

FacePalmExpert
Dec 10, 2014

[imagine a clever quip here]

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

ahahaha very glad that is now in my youtube history

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Roosevelt posted:

it hunted moa

holy gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
If the USA is getting a new national bird it should be the flightless parrot that humps peoples faces.

• Locked thread