Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
how do i make xscreensaver take more images when it's set to pull images from an rss feed to use in screensavers. right now it only seems to pick 4 or 5 of them, and not consistently the first 4 or 5 that show up in the RSS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

im trying to update printer firmware

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

operation successful. all i need to do was life the printer and shift it around in my arms to reset the false low ink alarm, and the firmware flashed successfully

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

cinci zoo sniper posted:

operation successful. all i need to do was life the printer and shift it around in my arms to reset the false low ink alarm, and the firmware flashed successfully

you should practice carrying it around for a few km each day so you'll be ready for the call

you know the one

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Cold on a Cob posted:

you should practice carrying it around for a few km each day so you'll be ready for the call

you know the one

idgi to be honest but i practice walking with backpack every day, so i am ready

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

:eyepop:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

:chloe:

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
You're better off not knowing tbh.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

quote:

A loose female acquaintance of mine calls me at 1:00am today and asks me if I could print something on the computer for her and bring it over in the afternoon. "Hey yeah sure sure, whatever you need I'll help you, I'm all yours," I tell her. She sends me this file and lo and behold I can't open it. It's made in Microsoft Publisher and I don't have that program so I begin panicing, trying to find this program or a way to print the file. Scouring the internet yields no results and I do my usual pacing in my room.

I finally come up with an idea and I tell the girl, if I can proceed with it. The plan was I would carry my printer about 2miles to her house, print out the needed pages, maybe talk to her a bit while I was there. I was hoping for at least a hug out of this ordeal.

By the time I get there, I'm wet all over from sweating in the +90 degree heat outside and carrying a heavy motherfucking HP Deskjet printer. The first thing I see upon entering her room (my first time in a girl's bedroom) are some panties on her bed.

After the initial shock of seeing such a horrific sight for the first time, I setup the printer and get my job done. However, I did consider sniffing the lingere when she left the room once, but with the wuss that I am, I just ended up staring at them the whole while. That was a sarcastic joke for those of you too stupid to realize that

To make a long story short, just as I was finishing up with the printing job (which was hefty), her boyfriend and his gay friend walk in, say hello, and begin hanging out in the room as they waited for the girl to finish this work so they could go to the mall.

This effectively ruins my chances of getting a hug and I walk another 2 miles home with the motherfucking printer in hand. The only thing that I got out of this were some very painful fingers and a "thanks" as I walked out her bedroom door.

So, am I pathetic for doing all these things? It wouldn't be the first time I've pledged my heart and soul to a girl and gotten back almost nothing in return. I would hate turning her or anyone else I knew down or making up some lie.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

source your quotes

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

cinci zoo sniper posted:

source your quotes

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3771677&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=3#post458550760

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

goons

smdh

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
a yosposter who dont know the printer carry story

a shameful yosposter

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Syncopated posted:

a shameful yosposter

i don't know what 219 means

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

cinci zoo sniper posted:

how do you feel about how

answer carefully

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Syncopated posted:

how do you feel about how

answer carefully

i like how

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

there's hope for you yet then

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

cinci zoo sniper posted:

yospos bithc

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

cinci zoo sniper posted:

lol what

Syncopated posted:

a shameful yosposter

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
what tales of woah does yospos have for itself

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

echinopsis posted:

tales of woah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI6QuxaZ_xo

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
219 is the year rotor was born btw

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Syncopated posted:

whoa

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Syncopated posted:

aahahhahaa

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Syncopated posted:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

echinopsis posted:

dumpster keurig

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
today at work the little pod-bucket on the keurig flipped up a little too far and revealed a completely loving disgusting layer of coffee filth between the podhole and the coffee squerter

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

echinopsis posted:

it was fireflies

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Shaggar posted:

it was fireflies

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
trying to replace blu-ray with hdd, win10x64 laptop

put new drive in caddy, replace optical drive with caddy

nice fit, snug feels good (do i cum in it?)

reboot... shows windows logo...

nothing

pull it out reboot, still can't boot but can at least get to pre-boot diagnostics, from there nothing works

replace optical drive and it boots fine

tl;dr why doesn't my laptop like this drive/why does it need the blu-ray to boot?

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Go into the bios with the drive plugged in to see what's up?

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
trying to load a driver and enumerate a device that not there? idk

try going into device manager and uninstalling the driver then try again? maybe safe mode?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Dodoman posted:

Go into the bios with the drive plugged in to see what's up?

i can't get that far

windows screen -> nada

if i hit f2 real fast it might beep before just sitting there but no bios

safe mode wouldn't run with an empty bay

guess i'll try removing the driver then

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
That's weird.

Go into the bios with the bd drive plugged in then disable its sata port and remove it from the bootlist, then try plugging the hdd in and reversing the steps.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Dodoman posted:

That's weird.

Go into the bios with the bd drive plugged in then disable its sata port and remove it from the bootlist, then try plugging the hdd in and reversing the steps.

lol this bios is so bad that's not an option

I can only change boot order

it does see the new hdd briefly with verbose boot enabled but hangs after mouse initialized

it's checking the old hosed boot disk rn

might end up swapping the old out entirely

something is fucky cuz intel's driver update fails with an unknown error

might try a bios update specific to the board

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

syscall girl posted:

i can't get that far

windows screen -> nada

if i hit f2 real fast it might beep before just sitting there but no bios

safe mode wouldn't run with an empty bay

guess i'll try removing the driver then
how is it that you can't get into the bios because it's booting into windows

if you're on windows 10, boot into windows, hold shift, click shut down, put the drive in, start the machine

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

anthonypants posted:

how is it that you can't get into the bios because it's booting into windows

like i said it can hang to a blank screen if i hit f2 quickly enough or on the windows logo right after

once it enumerated the drives so i know it sees it

i removed the drivers for the bd like pinball wizard suggested and got it to where it could boot with only the original hdd in but then it got to where it went in to repair mode every time so it's currently resetting

i'd have made a repair stick earlier if i was expecting this so i could just replace the old hdd and boot from that but i'll have to wait for the reset

e: reset broke at 30% undid itself and now it's trying auto repair again e2: back in, making repair stick to install Windows on new drive as ide:0

it's done this before and recovered somehow

quote:

if you're on windows 10, boot into windows, hold shift, click shut down, put the drive in, start the machine

will try this as well if i get the chance

lampey
Mar 27, 2012

If you have a ThinkPad and its an r61 you can get custom bios to add functionality. What computer is it

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

syscall girl posted:

like i said it can hang to a blank screen if i hit f2 quickly enough or on the windows logo right after

once it enumerated the drives so i know it sees it

i removed the drivers for the bd like pinball wizard suggested and got it to where it could boot with only the original hdd in but then it got to where it went in to repair mode every time so it's currently resetting

i'd have made a repair stick earlier if i was expecting this so i could just replace the old hdd and boot from that but i'll have to wait for the reset

e: reset broke at 30% undid itself and now it's trying auto repair again e2: back in, making repair stick to install Windows on new drive as ide:0

it's done this before and recovered somehow

will try this as well if i get the chance
sounds like you broke it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Windows shouldn't be hanging up trying to enumerate a device that isn't there - I'm more inclined to think something maybe is up with the new drive. Is the new hard drive known to be good, have you attached it to any other machines?