Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

New Taifas

Now is the time to unite Iberia under Islam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

We must discover the riches that await us across the seas!

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009
The League of Merchants will lead us to a golden future.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

The Jizrunid legacy has spread across the Mediterranean, and we should be taking all available methods to strengthen those connections and our own wealth!

Duey
Sep 5, 2004

Hi
Nap Ghost
Ulama

Only through faith will we find strength.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!
Tally so far:

11, PurpleXVI, ZearothK, MuteAllison, Chief Savage Man, Crazycryodude, Lord Cyrahzax, punched my v-card at camp, sheep-dodger, paragon1, theblastizard, Hitlers Gay Secret

2, Mountaineer, Duey

7, GunnerJ, Yvonmukluk, Dick Trauma, Technowolf, HannibalBarca, Archaeology Hat, Soup du Jour

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Ulama
If we're going to ensure a prosperous, powerful future for Al-Andalus, we must focus on the most important matter, and that is gaining the favour of Allah- after all, only if He does wills something to happen will it happen.

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 19:30 on May 5, 2017

Zakrelo
Dec 19, 2015

Ulama

Just because we don't have any religious minorities to persecute yet, doesn't mean we shouldn't be ready for when we do!

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Peace in our time!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

The Merchants! Let's show these vile Christians that one can become the true rulers of Europe, and without compound interest, either!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The League of Merchants

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

The League.

Let the old world rot, our destiny lies across the seas!

Eleven Eleven
Nov 12, 2016

The League of Merchants

With a foolish and craven Sultan we must bide our time, build our wealth and economically isolate the infidels; only when we have competent military and governmental leadership can we strike without the risk of serious loss of our profit margins.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

Ulama
The prosperity of Al Andalus must start from within. With the aid of Allah, our nation shall be the most developed in the world.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Ulama

Look at the world. look at it! So many infidels and apostates! Al-Andalus occupying barely half the peninsula, with treacherous cross-worshippers looking covetously at our homeland. The Koran or the Sword! The light of Islam shall become an inferno, scouring the faithless from the realm!

tunapirate
Aug 15, 2015

Ulama

We must restore the Caliphate of Cordoba and push the Christians beyond the Pyrenees in the name of the Prophet (peace be upon him)! We can offer France no allies and no beachheads in Iberia lest we risk a fatal crusade.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

PurpleXVI posted:

New Taifas

The only way to make sure we're left in peace is to make sure there's no one left on the Iberian peninsula to threaten us. Peace through power!

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011

Merchants!

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

The Ulama

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 20:40 on May 5, 2017

Tendronai
May 7, 2008

My worst nightmare. It's a dream I have. I'm in a square cell, glass walls, just me and a little castle.

New Taifas, Iberia is ours and ours alone.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

PurpleXVI posted:

New Taifas

The only way to make sure we're left in peace is to make sure there's no one left on the Iberian peninsula to threaten us. Peace through power!

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

PurpleXVI posted:

New Taifas

There's no way things can go wrong if we let the Brotherhood of Nod into power.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

The New Taifas

The infidels must be destroyed and all Iberia must be protected from the vile Christian usurpers. In addition, we must return to the fold our wayward children in Sicily and the southern coast of Italy. How can we proclaim ourselves the Sultan of all Andalusia when there are emirs who still do not bend the knee?

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

New Taifas

For now, my vote lies with the Taifas. Aragon seems like they're gearing up to start something, egged on by the French, so we need to be ready for a land war.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

New Taifas

There can be no rest while the infidels yet hold so much power within Iberia! However, once our position is stronger the stories of Mansa Aboubakri's so called "New World" must be investigated.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Updated tally:

20, PurpleXVI, ZearothK, MuteAllison, Chief Savage Man, Crazycryodude, Lord Cyrahzax, punched my v-card at camp, sheep-dodger, paragon1, theblastizard, Hitlers Gay Secret, Affi, tunapirate, Rodyle, Tendronai, Mikl, catlord, Sampatrick, ShootaBoy, Captain Oblivious

7, Mountaineer, Duey, CommissarMega, Zakrelo, Frionnel, AJ_Impy, BravestOfTheLamps

12, GunnerJ, Yvonmukluk, Dick Trauma, Technowolf, HannibalBarca, Archaeology Hat, Soup du Jour, Samovar, RZApublican, Ikasuhito, HailedUser, Lynneth

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Voting for The League of Merchants

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

New Taifas
Al Andalus is not safe until our flags fly at the Pyrenees. Also, over Rome.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

New Taifas

Remov Iberian

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3

Ulama

Islam is the light.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
the league of merchants dolla dolla bill y'all

Whit27
Oct 14, 2012

Wh-What do you mean that's the actual plot?!
The League of Merchants

Al-Andalus shall rule the sea!

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011
The League of Merchants

Sinner Sandwich
Oct 13, 2012

The Ulama will guide this government away from depravity and ignorance.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

PurpleXVI posted:

New Taifas

This. We can convert the heathens and explore the oceans later. The Christians have been in Iberia for far too long.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

New Taifas

We have scores to settle. Before we escape to new lands we need to secure our rightful place at home.

edit: Can we have huge dumb arguments like in the Crete LP? Pleeeeeaaaase?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
We must secure our natural borders. :wotwot:

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Ullama, as faith must be spread, even up to the highest mountaintops.

LJN92
Mar 5, 2014

New Taifas

We must expand on the home front.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Flavius Belisarius posted:

edit: Can we have huge dumb arguments like in the Crete LP? Pleeeeeaaaase?

I'll definitely be using a few aspects influenced by the Crete LP (and EU Rome in general), which I'll go into once this vote is done.

By the way, because this is the first vote in which everyone gets to join factions, I'll call it 24 hours after it actually started. In the future though, I'll probably limit votes to 12 hours.