Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

WhyteRyce posted:

Lavar should focus on making and marketing Sports Dad stuff. Comfy track suits, whistles, stop watches, special edition GMC Yukons. The sky is the limit.

Man the GMC Yukon, that cuts deep. That is the sports dad wheel

Got it washed and have an aftermarket organizer for the trunk section

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Looks like we weren't ready or worthy of being a G/V. Mods, probate everyone who posted in the last four hundred and ninety five pages and rename the thread to BB/V

Let's get this poo poo back on track by talking about how Gatorade is our favorite electrolyte-providing hydration drink product. There's nothing I love more than going down to the local liquid outlet and purchasing large amounts of Gatorade.

Gatorade.

Kibner posted:

He supposedly has sold 5,000 of those drat shoes. Which is 2.5M gross. Ben Simmons' deal with Nike is 4M a year.

This could be an early thing where he won't sell much more than this or it could have a long tail. I have no idea. I also have no clue whether the next shoe is going to sell the same or if this was just a novelty thing many rich folks bought into.

I wonder if running your own shoe brand based on Alibaba fulfillment is going to become a thing for young ballers after this

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
gently caress Gatorade because gently caress the Florida Gators. I'll stick with water like the good Lord himself intended.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Actually Gatorade is good and good. What's everyones favorite Gatorade flavor? Mine is orange by far, gimme that poo poo in a bucket. I like the lemon flavors too especially if it's chilled but my problem with them is that you can smell my breath from a mile away by the time I'm half finished with the bottle

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

When I was a kid I thought Red was the best but now that I'm a grown up and I realized that gatorade was invented for hangovers and not for sports I cant get enough of Orange. Orange is the only correct choice outside of maybe yellow.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
I'm with you friend, oranch is the best flavor for rehydrating my depleted electrolytes after vigorous exercise

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
I prefer a vintage 1995 lemon-line All-Sport myself.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
If y'all ain't drinking G2 Grape y'all are living life wrong.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Foodchat during the playoffs is unacceptable.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Good thing we're posting about drinks :smugdog:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Dejan Bimble posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl8RvgLywz8&t=59s Kawhi Leonard and Lebron and other superstars get to switch the pivot foot

Okay I've been seeing this and was thinking I was insane with all the no calls

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Andre Roberson is a restricted free agent. How much would you offer him?

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
I've had it up to here right now but I'll be an adult

What's everyones favorite raptors getting swept scenario. Let's talk about fan meltdowns, are they are going to happen during game 4, after it, or maybe even tonight in the third quarter and also who will get fired/traded or who won't be getting fired/traded but fans insisting they should be.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

dokmo posted:

Please don't play this game with my love my heart can't take it

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

dokmo posted:

Probably not very much, but OKC is in desperate need of rotation players so who knows how much they would match to

e: It would be unconscionable if he made more money than Tony Allen, who is currently getting $5m. Sorry Andre

chunkles fucked around with this message at 00:42 on May 6, 2017

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

What's everyones favorite raptors getting swept scenario. Let's talk about fan meltdowns, are they are going to happen during game 4, after it, or maybe even tonight in the third quarter and also who will get fired/traded or who won't be getting fired/traded but fans insisting they should be.

nothing will happen. The hardcores will want Casey fired and will probably be nervous if they bring everyone back but even with the acquisitions the collective expectations were low. Toronto sports was poo poo for so long having a team win give or take 50 and win a playoff round is good enough. Plus it's easy to be like "we played Lebron..."

Raptor fans here wont actually meltdown because we'e been doing it all season.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Metapod posted:

Please don't play this game with my love my heart can't take it

zero dollars

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

chunkles posted:

Probably not very much, but OKC is in desperate need of rotation players so who knows how much they would match to

e: It would be unconscionable if he made more money than Tony Allen, who is currently getting $5m. Sorry Andre

He's likely to make more money. That's how contracts work when there's a new CBA percentage. Otherwise you look like John Wall and sound stupid everytime you complain about how everyone has a higher salary than you when no one made you take the long years.

dokmo posted:

As a sane person, 8-10 million annually. Someone will offer him Gilchrist money.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

dokmo posted:

I feel like his defense might be overrated as a free floating cog and not a piece of the old OKC with Durant system, but he's still a pretty good defender. He really has to be on the flooor with at least 3.5 shooters which deducts a lot from his contract, the going rate for fatally flawed starting caliber players was something like 9m per year, last offseason. Now that there's less money to spend, let's say 8m per year for 3 years, the last year is a team option.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Dre will get paid an amount that will make this thread meltdown and laugh as I nod in agreement for the signing hoping there's a clause that says he must change his free throw shooting form

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Kyle Lowry cusses out Nav Bhatia and he becomes a Knicks fan instead

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Dejan Bimble posted:

I feel like his defense might be overrated as a free floating cog and not a piece of the old OKC with Durant system, but he's still a pretty good defender. He really has to be on the flooor with at least 3.5 shooters which deducts a lot from his contract, the going rate for fatally flawed starting caliber players was something like 9m per year, last offseason. Now that there's less money to spend, let's say 8m per year for 3 years, the last year is a team option.

Him and Ryan Anderson are basically polar opposites but offense is more useful.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The worst defender is not as bad as the worst offensive player in today's NBA. Anderson being able to shoot from 30 feet will always be more useful than Tony Allen.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

dokmo posted:

G-league contract

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

dokmo posted:

I think it's a bad idea to sign offer sheets (and thus think restricted free agency is really bad).

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
The Spurs are going to start Dejounte Murray.

The Spurs are going to lose.

Not really they'll probably win by 23. Murray is bound for the HoF and it's starting now.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I say this every year but the Raps are great regular season team because they are deep and play hard and that gets you 107 ppg and a bunch of wins in the east. It just sucks that in the playoffs where people are focus and rested and game planning and not hungover those advantages go away and it comes down to match ups and talent.
It's less of a testament to the Raps and more towards the rest of the league being unprepared game-to-game that this team wins so many games.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
The raptors turned it over only 4 times and lost. I don't know what

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

No meltdowns since we've seen this poo poo all season (for years, really) and got it out our system during that massive losing streak. Nobody's getting fired since the Raps somehow avoided not getting swept by Giannis. Being swept by LeBron is good enough to keep Casey considering ownership is cheap and he's on the first year of a 3-year extension (lol). As for players, the Raps can't afford to keep a bunch of players expiring this year, which is good since they're all trash anyway.

What I would like to see at game 4 though is for Casey to wear his Mavs championship ring to inspire the team again.

Constellation I fucked around with this message at 02:51 on May 6, 2017

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

dokmo posted:

we're bad Cleveland is good three pointers are dumb

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

What's the most number of times a coach got swept in the playoffs without getting fired?

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Back in the day of the Josh Smith/Iso Joe Hawks I would get annoyed by people whining about them being unremarkable yet perennial second round playoff members. Now that the Raptors have taken up that mantle I'm starting to understand.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

that's literally every good eastern conference team that doesn't have lebron, though

the amount of rounds an eastern conference team can make it in the playoffs is the number of rounds they get to play until they hit lebron, there's really no point in even having an eastern conference playoff until he retires.

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 03:09 on May 6, 2017

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Still prefer that ocer Boston being good tho.

gently caress Boston.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

dokmo posted:

The three point shot is bad for basketball.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

dokmo posted:

2/18 from 3 vs. 13/23. That stretch where Korver swished 2 back-to-back completely deflated the Raps and their crowd.

In their postgame, Sportsnet were talking about Lowry possibly leaving in the offseason, which I hadn't even considered. Where could he end up if he walks?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Juaguocio posted:

2/18 from 3 vs. 13/23. That stretch where Korver swished 2 back-to-back completely deflated the Raps and their crowd.

In their postgame, Sportsnet were talking about Lowry possibly leaving in the offseason, which I hadn't even considered. Where could he end up if he walks?

Any place where they need a point guard and 20+ million in cap space.

So probably Knicks

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
The Raptors had 25 rebounds. Exactly 1 oreb and the Cavs didn't miss very much.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Bashez posted:

The Spurs are going to start Dejounte Murray.

The Spurs are going to lose.

Not really they'll probably win by 23. Murray is bound for the HoF and it's starting now.

I told you that he was going to be a STAR
Tony Parker will retire and it will be Dejounte's time to take up Brandon Jennings's mantle as the skinniest pg in the NBA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Tae posted:

Any place where they need a point guard and 20+ million in cap space.

So probably Knicks

Man, the Spurs could maybe even afford him depending on what happens with Parker and Manu.

• Locked thread