Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Kessel posted:

PvE scrapper is basically an engineer which sacrifices some RAID META damage optimisation for increased survivability. There aren't many hard and fast rules. For the survivability you want to slot Adaptive Armour and Rapid Regeneration, then make sure Heavy Armour Exploit is selected in the Firearms line. That will provide you with the swiftness necessary to trigger your regen, and every time your function gyro revives someone (which happens quite a lot in open world/instance content) you'll get super speed and a big boost to your heal over time.

Heal turret is still better than medic gyro. Sneak gyro is really great for bullshit skips (like accessing the leather farm in Lake Doric without actually having to fight anything).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Johnny Joestar posted:

my advice only applies to the main world map. any expansion maps are...a different thing entirely to complete.

For the expansion maps you should be able to join a hero point or map completion train to get most of them. Dragon's Stand is really easy to complete after doing the meta. AB has a few annoying spots that require event chains or creative gliding, but isn't too bad. VB is tricky until you have gliding masteries unlocked, and for a few of the POIs you'll probably want to wait for night. VB just kind of sucks and I wouldn't do it outside of a train so you can get mesmers to help with the stupid bits and have a team there to revive you for awful HPs like the mushroom queen.

For main world map completion I'd follow the advice that's already been given. There's no wrong way to do it, but don't do more than a couple zones per day or you'll burn out pretty fast.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I have my first 80 and now I'm wandering around gearing up. Working through HoT and thinking about doing prices of World exploration. The chiller PVE possible.

I have a metric boatload of materials that I poorly understand in my bank. I want to liquidate all those assets at the instant sale rate. Are there any particular pre-80 vanilla materials that are best held onto, converted into something else, or sold through a sell order?

I'm just tired of being cash poor and I've claimed to 350 on my crafting professions (tailoring, artificing, and cooking) on a whim, but kinda don't have a desire to continue until after this purge.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
There's no reason to sell anything at the instant sale rate, that's a waste of money.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

malhavok posted:

There's no reason to sell anything at the instant sale rate, that's a waste of money.

Counterpoint: My chronic impatience

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

CLAM DOWN posted:

Counterpoint: My chronic impatience

That is basically my rational. I'm p sure that holding onto Ecto is a smart move. Is there any other material that is deserving of that reverence?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I don't think so, the economy is kind of a weird state where buying the finished products are a little cheaper than buying the components.

Also if you going to turn Laurels into crafting materials to sell don't buy the highest tier, you want tier 4 since the volume will more than make up the for lower individual price.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
So, regarding selling at the TP: Do I want to just price match the current lowest seller? I'm not in a particular hurry, just getting rid of some stuff that I can't deposit anymore and it's annoying me in the inventory.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Edmond Dantes posted:

So, regarding selling at the TP: Do I want to just price match the current lowest seller? I'm not in a particular hurry, just getting rid of some stuff that I can't deposit anymore and it's annoying me in the inventory.

I always go 1c lower.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Instant sell forever, live for the now.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
How does 90m in bloodstone fen compare to dragon stand in terms of xp gain? Gotta finish that gliding mastery.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Erdricks posted:

How does 90m in bloodstone fen compare to dragon stand in terms of xp gain? Gotta finish that gliding mastery.

a lot faster

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

bloodstone fen is filled with a lot of events in close proximity that are always firing off, so even if both maps give you good exp you're gonna level in much less time in bloodstone fen since it's not tied to a giant, map-wide event

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

I've been having a difficult time getting AB maps that do the eastwatch chain that spawns the legendary vinetooth at the end...is that something I'll have more luck with on a weekend or should I just try to organize a goon massing here? Gotta get me some birdstaff.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm hoping to make birdstaff eventually too so I'm down to help and i love auric basin, I'll be on late tomorrow afternoon around 6 or 7 pm est to about midnight. I'm usually on Jinh Cyren in-game

Wvwednesday is extremely fun, big thanks to the nerds in charge and i hope there's a recording of sfd mumble singing happy birthday to arus in every possible key and timing at once somewhere.

Jinh fucked around with this message at 06:29 on May 4, 2017

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!

Trebuchet King posted:

I've been having a difficult time getting AB maps that do the eastwatch chain that spawns the legendary vinetooth at the end...is that something I'll have more luck with on a weekend or should I just try to organize a goon massing here? Gotta get me some birdstaff.

I wonder if people have got any better killing that vinetooth, when I did it people had real difficulty grasping the concept that you need to break the defiance bar if you're going to have any chance of beating it at all. Only even managed to kill it once and then never bothered since then because it'd fail more often than not!

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Ebola Dog posted:

I wonder if people have got any better killing that vinetooth, when I did it people had real difficulty grasping the concept that you need to break the defiance bar if you're going to have any chance of beating it at all. Only even managed to kill it once and then never bothered since then because it'd fail more often than not!

When I did it for the collection the zerg never broke the bar once but still managed to dps it down with less than 5 seconds to go

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

I wish we could select our own Dragon's Watch kinda like the charr warband. Everyone and their problems are taking valuable screen time from Rytlock, Canach, and Taimi. :mad:

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

I kinda gave up on GW2 shortly after HoT launched but the leaked stuff has me hyped as h*ck. I'm so excited I might even log in and do all the living story stuff since I haven't done any of it!!

Also, I had poutine today and immediately thought of Arus so I thought I should post about that, too.

Aug 24, 2011

can you be a little more careful about cussing? we have manchildren in here

DonVincenzo
Nov 12, 2010

Super Monster
The Absolute Guardian of the Universe
Friend of All Children
Please excuse Mercurius as the game he has been playing has a rather strong language filter. He probably still has some trauma from it.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
I'm a loving idiot. Was excited to play WvW with SFD but completely forgot I chose Fort Aspenwood as my server when I first played the game 4 years ago haha.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Finally caught up on doing the HoT story now that I have a decent computer again and I thought the ending wrapped things up pretty well. "Epic" boss fight, saw an old friend again, and best of all got to mercy kill Trahearne after!

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Amante posted:

Finally caught up on doing the HoT story now that I have a decent computer again and I thought the ending wrapped things up pretty well. "Epic" boss fight, saw an old friend again, and best of all got to mercy kill Trahearne after!

I felt it was prudent to use "for great justice!" prior to doing so.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Apparently during my time away from the game they changed how to get Gifts of Battle, is there anything worthwhile to spend all these Badges of Honor on now if I'm primarily a PVE player?

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

jokes posted:

:aaaaa: you beat gw2

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Amante posted:

Hold onto the weapon you got from that spoilers moment, you'll need it for a series of missions and a collection after

Also lets you enjoy the best line of dialogue Traherne's voice actor ever got to say without needing to take an alt to the last Hit mission who hasn't joined an order yet

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

jokes posted:

I used "Re-tree-t!"

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Apparently during my time away from the game they changed how to get Gifts of Battle, is there anything worthwhile to spend all these Badges of Honor on now if I'm primarily a PVE player?

Armor/weapon skins, Berserker's Exos for fresh 80s.

It's cheaper to spend 5 Badges of Honor on Krytan/Steam/Aureate, etc., than a transmutation shard that costs, like, 15g a piece?

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

Edmond Dantes posted:

Matching lowest seller is usually best. If there's a noticeable gap between the lowest seller and next lowest seller I'll match that, but the market moves fast enough you don't need to worry about undercutting people at all.

As an example, the lowest sell order for ecto is often a couple silver below the actual bubble. Put your ecto on the bubble, (around 34 silver lately) and ignore it. You'll get the cash in twenty minutes at most.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

The Portable Provisioner sells otherwise expensive (2nd tier) food for badges.

Aug 24, 2011

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

cultural armor

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

You can also liquidate them via Badges of Tribute, purchased in the guild hall via the War Materials vendor.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

ItBurns posted:

The Portable Provisioner sells otherwise expensive (2nd tier) food for badges.

Correct answer, never be without food again!

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
That's also a useful way to get the wvw big spender daily!

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Last time I did this was back on August 19th last year but I've made some progress from then and I thought it was about time, since...

I did it. I beat the game.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Illuyankas posted:

Last time I did this was back on August 19th last year but I've made some progress from then and I thought it was about time, since...

I did it. I beat the game.

you're only halfway there. someone forgot to tell you that you need both genders too.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Not til the character limit gets expanded past 70!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Illuyankas posted:

Not til the character limit gets expanded past 70!

i wish the character select screen could be presented like your post, because i hate scrolling as it is and i only have 1 of each class.

• Locked thread