Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

I haven't had too much trouble yet either, there have been a couple enemies that were a bit of a road bump, but nothing that has gotten the better of me yet except for Mueller in the Star Door :argh:. Though I've only just made it to Chapter 3, so yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

One of the chapter 3 bosses is insane and, on Nightmare, is considered the hardest boss in the entire series.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I powered through chaps 3 and 4 all throughout the day and did a whole bunch of doors. all of the moon doors have been excellent so far especially Kloe and Schera's There's a really hard star door at the end of chap 4 that has you playing as npcs and its super brutal if you don't take advantage of buffing and debuffing crafts.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen

Zaggitz posted:

One of the chapter 3 bosses is insane and, on Nightmare, is considered the hardest boss in the entire series.

I assume it's the Silver side, because that was brutal even on Normal.

Also oh geez Anelace's quest sword.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

are people finding the difficulty picking up post chapter 1? i'm not overly bothered but people have mentioned 3rd being hard enough times that i was surprised to find chapter 1 pretty easy, even compared to prior games.

About halfway/two-thirds through chapter 4, and no, not really. We've become too good at Trails

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

The hub music is pretty much perfect. It's got the exact sort of beat I could listen to forever.

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016
tfw a bunch of NPCs show up at the last scene of Moon Door 4 and you find yourself recognizing every single one of them

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I see Josette is still as worthless in combat as ever. :smith:

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I'm going to be able to remove Ries and Kevin (or even one of them) from my party eventually, right? It's going to be a real drag if I can only use two of the like twenty other party members at a time for the whole game.

Justin_Brett posted:

Real Josette fans (like me) use her anyway :colbert:

That, and her defense down shot is a real ace against bosses. She's not terrible, she's just less than optimal. The game's not that hard that you can't afford to use suboptimal party setups.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Amppelix posted:

I'm going to be able to remove Ries and Kevin (or even one of them) from my party eventually, right? It's going to be a real drag if I can only use two of the like twenty other party members at a time for the whole game.

Hai

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Cod Steel 2 spoilers lol at Vulcan's entire death scene being completely unvoiced by him. Must've driven the head localizer completely batshit. I know Falcom is a small company, but jeez

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Last Celebration posted:

Cod Steel 2 spoilers lol at Vulcan's entire death scene being completely unvoiced by him. Must've driven the head localizer completely batshit. I know Falcom is a small company, but jeez
If nothing else that scene'll probably get voice acted in the PC port of 2, if they're adding more voice acting.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Amppelix posted:

That, and her defense down shot is a real ace against bosses. She's not terrible, she's just less than optimal. The game's not that hard that you can't afford to use suboptimal party setups.

And don't forget about her faint craft, it might have poo poo range but if an enemy doesn't resist faint it'll inflict it. Plus I've seen one enemy that I wish I had her around for just for the knock back from the defense down craft.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Endorph posted:

If nothing else that scene'll probably get voice acted in the PC port of 2, if they're adding more voice acting.

yeah, I remember reading in the thread that XSeed wanted to dub all of those oddly silent lines to begin with but the game was programmed around them not being voiced, which a PC port fixes. Makes me wonder if Falcom got some super prolific voice actors or whatever between that/Irina and Oddly Silent Rean that they couldn't afford to pay.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

If this is supposed to mean something it's certainly not getting through to me.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

It's Japanese for yes

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Amppelix posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLhoDB-ORLQ

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Amppelix posted:

:hai:

smenj
Oct 10, 2012
Just did the Mueller and Schwarz door in Chapter 1, and I almost won against Mueller but didn't quite manage it. Do you get anything special if you win?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

smenj posted:

Just did the Mueller and Schwarz door in Chapter 1, and I almost won against Mueller but didn't quite manage it. Do you get anything special if you win?

You get A couple lines of different dialogue where Mueller is surprised at Julia's skill. Julia says she could tell he was holding back, Mueller replies that he wasn't. That sorta thing.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Last Celebration posted:

yeah, I remember reading in the thread that XSeed wanted to dub all of those oddly silent lines to begin with but the game was programmed around them not being voiced, which a PC port fixes. Makes me wonder if Falcom got some super prolific voice actors or whatever between that/Irina and Oddly Silent Rean that they couldn't afford to pay.

As far as I remember the voice actor for rean is like THE most expensive male voice actor in japan right now. Which is a shame because having listened to some of the jp dub of CS he doesn't really do that great a job. Chiplock really puts everything he has into his performance.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Just got into chapter 2. Are... are we really going to have this style of gameplay for the next 40 hours or so? With the occasional vignette?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Phobophilia posted:

Just got into chapter 2. Are... are we really going to have this style of gameplay for the next 40 hours or so? With the occasional vignette?

The first chapter is a short "dimensional" dungeon, the second chapter is a longer "real" one, and then this repeats. The "vignettes" can be like, 5 minutes to two hours long and some of 'em have minigames.

I actually really appreciate the way the game is paced. It's pretty trimmed.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Star Door 8 was :perfect:

Nice to hear Cold Steel music as well. I guess technically it was 3rd music that was in Cold Steel, but whatever. Osborne best daddy.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

MechaTita is a go. Tonight I dive into chapter 5 proper.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen

Zaggitz posted:

MechaTita is a go. Tonight I dive into chapter 5 proper.

I'm currently in Estelle/Joshua's door. Mini-Estelle is just as great as I expected.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Oh my god I got Anelace and she has a Star Door! This is going to rule!

Edit: I was right. :stare: That sword though.

Some Numbers fucked around with this message at 23:09 on May 5, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Some Numbers posted:

Oh my god I got Anelace and she has a Star Door! This is going to rule!

anelace's star door: i actually meant it when i asked you out in 2, estelle
estelle: oh. uhm
anelace: can i at least be in cold steel 3 so i can hang out with angelica
estelle: s...ure?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Endorph posted:

anelace's star door: i actually meant it when i asked you out in 2, estelle
estelle: oh. uhm
anelace: can i at least be in cold steel 3 so i can hang out with angelica
estelle: s...ure?

Not gonna lie, an Anelace cameo in CS3 and a duel with Rean would be amazing.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Some Numbers posted:

Not gonna lie, an Anelace cameo in CS3 and a headpat with Rean would be amazing.

Fixed that for you.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

The headpat can come after the duel.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Justin_Brett posted:

i dunno if theres anything worthwhile but she gets a craft that steals, which turns her from bad into a thief type which are normally at least supposed to be weak

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

i dunno if theres anything worthwhile but she gets a craft that steals, which turns her from bad into a thief type which are normally at least supposed to be weak

Considering that her support buff increases item drops and sepith it's hard to see that as a reason to keep her in the party

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Cake Attack posted:

But rogues are usually among the highest DPS classes in most games/systems?

Also goddamn Chapter 2, drop some Time sepith, please. Do slime lumps (or their equivalent) show up in this chapter or should I farm the Jade Corridor so that I can make some sweet sweet Action 2 orbments?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Norche I will destroy you :argh:

just as soon as I fish out all these lovely Liberl Carp

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Regy Rusty posted:

Considering that her support buff increases item drops and sepith it's hard to see that as a reason to keep her in the party

Yeah, I've had her on support for most of the game and it's been paying pretty huge sepith dividends.

I just always need more Time sepith. It would be nice if we could cash in old quartz for some tiny amount of the same type of sepith.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

There's an enemy group in grancel castle that drops a ton of time/space/the other one sepith, in that basement area near the elevator. It's right beside some stairs too so it's pretty easy to respawn it. Doesn't seem to appear 100% of the time though

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Some Numbers posted:

I just always need more Time sepith. It would be nice if we could cash in old quartz for some tiny amount of the same type of sepith.

I've been thinking that too. Sure it's kind of handy at times to have some spare lower-tier quartz for when the game makes you spread your quartz out, but I'd also like to clear up a lot of the excess quartz I have and get something nice in return.

Start of chapter 1 thing Also did anybody else check out Ries' orbment setup at the start of chapter 1? I kind of got a bit angry when the game decided to destroy the Haze quartz they had in her initial setup.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
How many battles before the font is active and lets you restore CP? I wanna safely spam crafts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saralene
Feb 17, 2011

Developer, Gamer, and
apparently, Vtuber

The question of life is not,
"Are you a catgirl?"
but rather, it is in fact,
"Are you a catgirl yet?"

Phobophilia posted:

How many battles before the font is active and lets you restore CP? I wanna safely spam crafts.

It doesn't take long at all. I forget which, but it was either 3 battles or 5.