Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
Tuned into Grubby's stream and he's in a game where they picked Cho'gall LUL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

stay positivity guys

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Filipino Freakout posted:

Grubby is anti-rear end in a top hat and tries to answer every question from viewers.

Speaking of which, I asked him today and he said RoD is meme-tier. Let's never speak of it again.

artanis and tassadar were going to be memes after their remakes last winter

then they've both received nothing but nerfs since then and been top tier heroes

I don't put much stock in "pro" opinions

siotle
Nov 2, 2012

Stop that.

Minrad posted:

artanis and tassadar were going to be memes after their remakes last winter

then they've both received nothing but nerfs since then and been top tier heroes

I don't put much stock in "pro" opinions
I'll give you Tassadar, but Artanis is pretty far from top tier.
And I thought it was only Reddit that thought Tassadar was going to be a meme.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Grubby picked RoD sometime in the past 2 weeks and wrecked with it on Braxis. I watch all his and McIntyre's youtube videos religiously. Does McIntyre stream? Because if so, watch that duder.

With Grubby, you can watch his YT videos and it'll let you know if he's streaming (if you're not on mobile), which is convenient if you want to pop in and ask a quick Q.

Filipino Freakout
Mar 20, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
He said he likes RoD and thinks it's fun but not for reals.

This was not long before he completely ran the map in an all-GM match with Zagara despite her being "Not Optimal".

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Did I just watch a Falstad get caught by Dehaka's drag as he was dashing over a wall

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Not optimal doesn't mean unusable and unwinnable. Nothing has a 0% win rate that I've ever seen.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Oh Snapple! posted:

Did I just watch a Falstad get caught by Dehaka's drag as he was dashing over a wall

Falstad gets caught by stuns/etc mid barrel roll constantly. It is a relatively slow vault effect.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

siotle posted:

I'll give you Tassadar, but Artanis is pretty far from top tier.
And I thought it was only Reddit that thought Tassadar was going to be a meme.

Artanis was dominating immediately after his rework, at the top or near top of win rates for a month or so. He got nerfed.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Tassadar's most recent nerf was huge, I wouldn't be shocked if we don't see him that much anymore in pro games, which was the main reason he was constantly getting nerfed

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

This brawl owns

Jolly Guy
Sep 24, 2011

Fellatio del Toro posted:

This brawl owns

Agreed, and all Rag brawl is even more fun. You can't pick the fire wave alt, so lots of AOEs going on.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Jolly Guy posted:

Agreed, and all Rag brawl is even more fun. You can't pick the fire wave alt, so lots of AOEs going on.

If it was actually tuned and developed a bit more, this is what Hanamura could have been. Very cool.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I like Hanamura the full map more than Hanamura the brawl. There, I said it.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
Is it just a random chance that this brawl makes everyone the same character? I did the minimal 3 matches to get the reward, but none of them were all-one-hero-mode.

You get XP for the hero you play in brawl mode, right? I have had the glitch where it doesn't show battle results for every single one so far.

also I got firebat Murky, looks good on the red police cycle, and his bike riding animation is hilarious.

WITCHCRAFT fucked around with this message at 02:52 on May 6, 2017

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

p-hop posted:

Is it just a random chance that this brawl makes everyone the same character? I did the minimal 3 matches to get the reward, but none of them were all-one-hero-mode.

You get XP for the hero you play in brawl mode, right? I have had the glitch where it doesn't show battle results for every single one so far.

also I got firebat Murky, looks good on the red police cycle, and his bike riding animation is hilarious.

Yes. Any brawl with "shuffle hero pick" has about a 10% chance to make everyone the same hero.

Dairy Power
Jul 23, 2013

He who lives in harmony with himself lives in harmony with the universe.
Speaking of which, I just got all Probius... I was on offense :cry:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Anybody win on offense on the brawl

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Kashuno posted:

I did. We have two Kael'Thassess and a Gul'Dan. The defenders just blew up before they ever had a chance.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I had three games on D. First I was a Malf tangling things with roots and desperately healing folks, then I was Brightwing who didn't do much of substance because their Samuro dedicated himself to picking me off and harrying me away from the group. Then Falstad. All three times, we'd get pushed back almost until the final cap and then we just held while they trickled in. Chromie did some great work on D, picked the slowing ult and used her time traps to harass anyone who tried to push the payload.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
"Offense cruises right up to the last checkpoint whereupon everything bogs down in an interminable quagmire" does sound pretty close to the Overwatch payload experience imo.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
I won on offense with two probiuseses, malfurion, guldan and greymane. Probius pylons will power another players friendly photon cannon.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I won offense as sonya and had a zarya to help. Got to do a graviton whirlwind combo twice, and our gaz stayed by the point at all times.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Kashuno posted:

Lost once on defence, won once on defence, won once on offence.

Biggest factor in whether you get stomped or win is which loving heroes are offered to each team, so it feels way more unbalanced than it is.

Caeks
Dec 27, 2009

GenericOverusedName posted:

The level 20 talent for improvement makes it into the good one though

Going to piggy back on this - Dragon Blade MIGHT be a good pick with a build revolving around blade dash, but I have yet to try it out. I've experiment quite a bit with Genji (as some of you may attest to) and one of the main problems with blade, as opposed to x-strike, is that it completely negates any shuriken talents during it's duration. Seeing as how his shuriken-build is so strong, taking Dragon Blade actually feels counter-productive.

Sure, x-strike can be a bitch to land, but with some practice I've seen a HUGE improvement in my Genji play. As well, to land it better, I customized quick casting so that the ult launches when I RELEASE R, instead of when I press it. I can't stress enough that if you have problems landing x-strike, you may want to try changing the hotkey/quickcasting on Genji in particular.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Lemon-Lime posted:

Biggest factor in whether you get stomped or win is which loving heroes are offered to each team, so it feels way more unbalanced than it is.

That feels like all the brawls with this "choose one of three" random assortment mechanic tbh.

tcjimbo
May 15, 2008

This is Jimbo!
Hey-hey, man!
We got this!
It's a good idea to compose a team with a tank, a healer, and something resembling waveclear unless you want your games to last forever. It's also a good idea to stick together with the team when pushing with the shrine guy; try and guess who were the pubbies on our team!

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Kashuno posted:

I won offense as Hammer. If you get her, pick napalm over the giant bullet ult. The low cooldown is amazing since the entire match is a constant teamfight. Had a Diablo on my team that did some amazing footwork to pull people into my range as well. We were stuck contested right on top of the end point, but the defenders went all-in and died at the same time.

My other two games, people on my team complained "I don't play any of these heroes, we lost" and that's the dumbest poo poo ever. I know it's partially a symptom of the "pay to play" hero system, but that's like playing an FPS and only using one gun and being like "uh I don't know how to kill anyone with a shotgun, sorry."

One of those matches, we had no healer. A tank on our team was low health, and spent probably 45 seconds running around the map to pick up health packs. YOU RESPAWN IN 8 SECONDS, JUST FIGHT AND DIE AND WALK BACK. He started doing it a second time but we lost before he made it back to the fight.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

tcjimbo posted:

It's a good idea to compose a team with a tank, a healer, and something resembling waveclear unless you want your games to last forever. It's also a good idea to stick together with the team when pushing with the shrine guy; try and guess who were the pubbies on our team!

61 kills jesus christ

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I played two brawls and got Rag and Medivh and I've never played either. It did not go so well.

The second one we got the payload to .05m away and lost :(

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kai Tave posted:

"Offense cruises right up to the last checkpoint whereupon everything bogs down in an interminable quagmire" does sound pretty close to the Overwatch payload experience imo.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It is actually a better idea to avoid killing people if they're low health when you're near the final capture point, so that you can kill them all at roughly the same time and push forward for the win. If you kill the enemy team sequentially, then they spawn sequentially and perpetually stall your capture until they can hold you off the payload for 0.75 seconds and instantly win.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
So in Overwatch they eventually implemented a system where the defenders respawn times increased past a certain point, generally when pushed to the final checkpoint of a 2CP map or the last leg of a payload map, specifically to avoid players employing a strategy based around hurling wave after wave of their own bodies at the payload to grind the attack down to a complete stall unless the attacking team could essentially win the equivalent of a back-to-back teamfight. What I'm saying is that the brawl could probably benefit from something like that because so far every game I've played has really come down to a never-ending series of trades about three feet from the capture point.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Played my three brawls, all three times I had people I had never played. Lost the first attack, the second defense we were crushing them until our Sgt. Hammer rage quit because we lost the second point eventually, and the third one we won on attack mostly because the other team was god awful. It's an okay-ish game mode, I guess? I got an announcer out of the box, too bad it was ETC and I hate that motherfucker. :negative:

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Also I saw perhaps the dumbest thing which is an Auriel in the brawl who chose Resurrect. In a brawl where respawn timers are set at 8 seconds apiece.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Uther is busted on defense. He gets to stand around healing for free for 8 seconds after he dies... and the 9 second respawn timer is ticking while that 8 seconds is running. So drop heals and stuns -> get a new mana bar when you die, throw more heals -> sit for literally 1 second -> respawn and do it again.

Yeah, we didn't lose that game.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Zaodai posted:

Uther is busted on defense. He gets to stand around healing for free for 8 seconds after he dies... and the 9 second respawn timer is ticking while that 8 seconds is running. So drop heals and stuns -> get a new mana bar when you die, throw more heals -> sit for literally 1 second -> respawn and do it again.

Yeah, we didn't lose that game.

Literally ghost riding the payload.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
There should be a cow level map. The Cow King as a merc boss.

blizz pls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Caeks posted:

Going to piggy back on this - Dragon Blade MIGHT be a good pick with a build revolving around blade dash, but I have yet to try it out. I've experiment quite a bit with Genji (as some of you may attest to) and one of the main problems with blade, as opposed to x-strike, is that it completely negates any shuriken talents during it's duration. Seeing as how his shuriken-build is so strong, taking Dragon Blade actually feels counter-productive.

Sure, x-strike can be a bitch to land, but with some practice I've seen a HUGE improvement in my Genji play. As well, to land it better, I customized quick casting so that the ult launches when I RELEASE R, instead of when I press it. I can't stress enough that if you have problems landing x-strike, you may want to try changing the hotkey/quickcasting on Genji in particular.

Is the shuriken build really that good? It feels very low-impact to me when I play that build, but I'd be interested in hearing what you feel is so strong about it.