Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Lawnie posted:

Um, excuse me, getting something "in return" is a clear violation of the tournament rules, I'm going to need your DCI number.

Now, if you had just said he gave it to you after you conceded, then you're good.

the rules for what is and is not collusion is so loving dumb lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

mandatory lesbian posted:

the rules for what is and is not collusion is so loving dumb lol

tfw you try to collude and accidentally progress to the begin combat step

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
The best Amonkhet limited deck is to draft all the Cryptic Serpents and Enigma Drakes and then spend all game bouncing poo poo.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 04:24 on May 6, 2017

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Also he doesn't wash his hands after making GBS threads.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Magic The Gathering Megathread: He Doesn't Wash His Hands After making GBS threads

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Sickening posted:

Zombies just got so much out of the new set that makes the deck a very good midrange deck. There is a very small chance it could become tier 1, but most likely a very solid 1.5/2 deck that people will enjoy in standard.

The removal is pretty great, the zombies are fun, and the deck generates value in creatures pretty reliably. There is also something to be said about the most consistent mana base possible.

I mean it isn't terrible but at the end of the day its just idiot creatures and a few removal spells. 2 mana hand disruption doesn't cut it for an aggressive deck. It still is missing a good threat like Gravecrawler or Bloodghast to really put it into contention. Relentless dead just doesn't impress me. Hilarious how it has spiked to a crazy price already.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

But is it collusion?!

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Angry Grimace posted:

But is it collusion?!

It's co-poo-sion

I'll see myself out.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i'm going to go 0-3 with a liliana in my deck lmao

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Has anyone built a deck focused around ramping with Corrupted Grafstones and all of the one mana cyclers? I feel there is some untapped potential there.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

i'm going to go 0-3 with a liliana in my deck lmao

I went 2-3 at a prerelease with a Skysovereign and the dwarf lord

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Soul Glo posted:

I went 2-3 at a prerelease with a Skysovereign and the dwarf lord

I went 1-2 at the Theros prerelease with 2x Stormbreath Dragon. If your bombs are the only good cards in that color, splash for that color rather than making it a key component of your deck!

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

It's co-poo-sion

I'll see myself out.

It's collushit, cmon dude

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

C-Euro posted:

I went 1-2 at the Theros prerelease with 2x Stormbreath Dragon. If your bombs are the only good cards in that color, splash for that color rather than making it a key component of your deck!

Oh no I had a great RW deck that looked like I brought it from home

I'm just bad at Magic

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

It's co-poo-sion

I'll see myself out.

What a poo poo joke

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

C-Euro posted:

i had plenty of good cards, just not the ability to play them good. still lili buys like 3 drinks for me so i'm happy with the night

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Soul Glo posted:

Oh no I had a great RW deck that looked like I brought it from home

I'm just bad at Magic

i had plenty of good cards, just not the ability to play them good. still lili buys like 3 drinks for me so i'm happy with the night

Oh don't get me wrong, I am God-awful at limited. I'm just commiserating.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
I went 0-3 with thoughtseize Elspeth purphoros in theros prerelease bc I was very bad and also more concerned w dickwaving my rares than winning >:)

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Lone Goat posted:

It's collushit, cmon dude

You really gotta poo poo all over his joke like that?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Oh yeah, I'm running a road race on Sunday and picked up my race gear today, and the brochure they included in my swag bag smells almost exactly like a just-opened booster pack.

I feel like I need to send this to a lab of some sort to reverse-engineer the smell.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Marketing New Brain posted:

I mean it isn't terrible but at the end of the day its just idiot creatures and a few removal spells. 2 mana hand disruption doesn't cut it for an aggressive deck. It still is missing a good threat like Gravecrawler or Bloodghast to really put it into contention. Relentless dead just doesn't impress me. Hilarious how it has spiked to a crazy price already.

If the creatures didn't draw cards, produce tokens, reanimate, and have evasion you would be correct.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
I have a glut of options to draft near me, and I think I have to drive a bit further to play with and against better players. Amonkhet limited is fun when you're not paired cross pod with a player who was the only person who drafted black in their pod. Then paired up with the only person drafting green in their pod.

Also when you get P1P3 Oketra's Servant, P1P4 Fan Bearer, and P1P5 Dawn // Dusk and then the two people up from you decided to go W/x.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

AlternateNu posted:

Haha. Fatal Push is an $8 uncommon in a currently printed set.

It's a one mana removal spell that covers most of the creatures played in eternal formats with a drawback that is completely ignorable because of the most played type of land in said formats. It's the best card that's been printed for Modern and probably also Legacy in a long time. Get your playsets now before it goes out of print!!!

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

The Shortest Path posted:

It's a one mana removal spell that covers most of the creatures played in eternal formats with a drawback that is completely ignorable because of the most played type of land in said formats. It's the best card that's been printed for Modern and probably also Legacy in a long time. Get your playsets now before it goes out of print!!!

The funny part is it is basically black's Path to Exile, but because it uses a goofy rear end mechanic, they can't ubiquitously print it in future support sets like they can with Path. So, expect it to not show up again until Modern Masters 2021 when they are able to bring back the mechanic whole-sale.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Revolt's an ability word, at that, so it's not a goofy rear end keyword like Fabricate or Annihilator. The Revolt — could be removed and the card would be functionally identical.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Yeah but how often have they done ability word reprints without the ability word?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Yeah but how often have they done ability word reprints without the ability word?

Never, and that's why we're doomed.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

There are a bunch of cards with Landfall that don't say Landfall

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

GonSmithe posted:

There's a bunch of cards that use the Landfall mechanic without saying landfall (like Tireless Tracker), but have any cards originally printed with the word "Landfall" on them later been reprinted with the word Landfall removed?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

GonSmithe posted:

But I don't think those cards were ever printed in a version that had Landfall on the card.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just give us B -- destroy target creature, its controller gains life equal to its power.

We got the black Path, give us the black Swords.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Oh my bad, I misread that.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Nothing draws a crowd around me like playing Modern Time Warps. I went 2-1 but got to beat an Abzan Company after they gained infinite life with an awakened inkmoth nexus. Everyone has fun except my opponents.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
Went 5-0 last night and won FNM with Turbofog.

Beat Vehicles, Mono Zombies, Esper Control, almost lost to R/W Humans and beat GR Pummeler Fling.

This decks is so loving goofy but it dunks all over these silly aggro decks

DurdleDuck
Jul 17, 2013

Soul Glo posted:

Just give us B -- destroy target creature, its controller gains life equal to its power.

We got the black Path, give us the black Swords.

You mean Vendetta? That's the black Swords. It's also a card I'm somewhat surprised not to see in Death Shadow decks. I guess it's bad in the mirror?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

If Vendetta didn't specify nonblack it would be good, but alas.

I don't think there's a way to justify black giving your opponent life to print an opposite card, either. A swords reprint would be baller though, or even a nerfed one (in white ofc) that destroyed instead of exiled.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
Reprint swords but with "target creature takes up farming"

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

Lawnie posted:

heheh

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

Lawnie posted:

Or with that promo art and "target creature takes up golfing"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

GoutPatrol posted:

Nothing draws a crowd around me like playing Modern Time Warps. I went 2-1 but got to beat an Abzan Company after they gained infinite life with an awakened inkmoth nexus. Everyone has fun except my opponents.

This deck is really miserable to play against so good job being a monster I guess. There was a guy who used to show up at our store with that deck and I'll never forget the time I was playing against him as Mill. One game he had nearly decked himself but had an Awakened land in play that was going to kill me next turn. I got one more chance after he tapped my poo poo down and topdecked my lone Ghost Quarter. The next game his combo fizzled out for a turn and I dropped a Mesmeric Orb :getin: